[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tf2 or Overwatch For me it's tf2 but i can see why overwatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Tf2 or Overwatch
For me it's tf2 but i can see why overwatch is popular
>>
>>340845013
Yep. I can play like a total shit in Overwatch and still have 50% victory and get play of the game by pressing one button. Epic game.
>>
Overwatch since TF2 got boring, been playing it for years
>>
File: tf2_vs_overwatch.jpg (54 KB, 507x410) Image search: [Google]
tf2_vs_overwatch.jpg
54 KB, 507x410
>>
>>340845013
I'm enjoying both, but for me overwatch is a little more frustrating with how heroes counter each other. It feels like tf2 has more flexibility with counters, with the exception of having too many snipers and/or spies.
>>
>D.va
>No D,va

Easy to pick.
>>
>>340845235

F2P means endless sandniggers and BRs

Game is an abortion now. The hues can keep it
>>
>>340846000
Trips don't lie. TF2 has been cancer for years.
>>
>>340845013
I enjoy overwatch a lot but tf2 from 2007-09/10ish was the best multiplayer shooter of all time when it comes to having fun (competitive is always quake 3) imo.
>>
TF2 Pre 2010 > Overwatch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TF2 Post 2010
>>
>>340845204
>>340846000
>>340846110

found the shills

TF2 has been getting massive overhauls and is entering a second golden era.

update soon™, too
>>
>>340846000
>F2P means endless sandniggers
Wat.

If you'd have said slavs, sure, but the closest people to the middle east I've ever knowingly played with are turks. Were you playing on Stockholm servers or something?
>>
Overwatch is fresh but TF2 is still king.
I love me my movement mechanics
>>
TF2 used to be the bee's knees buy the season pass introduction was the last straw on the camels back
>>
>>340845374
This.
Snipers and spies ruin everything.
I main battle engie, and I find that often my team gets fucked hard because we're mainly snipers and spies (who provide no support for my offence whatsoever); while the least fun classes to fight are sniper and spy because sniper you can't do anything about, and spy only gets kills when someone else distracts you but otherwise just kamikazes sentries.

Able to fight every other class fine though, unless it's a soldier who suddenly appears point blank.
>>
I'm totally fine with people who prefer Overwatch but I personally have problems with ults and the lower skill ceiling. For example, a good TF2 soldier can avoid enemy fire by rocket jumping and airstrafing but in Overwatch Pharrah can only boost upwards and then drop down or slow down her descent. Even a good Pharrah player is relatively easy kill for Widowmaker.
>>
Overwatch, because Junkrat's kit sans ult is exactly what i wanted demoman to be.

I hated the fact that i had to use the sticky launcher as the demo's primary weapon to remain competitive in TF2 when the pipe launched was way more fun.
>>
>>340845013
Are these going to be the new "dota vs lol" threads? Anyway, let's look at the OBJECTIVE FACTS:
TF2:
>free
>higher skill ceiling through physics/mechanics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7jelqvvzxE
>better dialogue and writing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzZ6GrRTgrM
>minimal visual clutter by design (eg- Spy's face mask indicating his disguise to allies)
>lots and lots of content and customization available
>highly moddable, level editor, lots of options
>many dedicated and community servers
>many balanced maps on offer
>dated graphics and performance

Overhyped:
>40 dollarydoos
>lower skill ceiling, very few heroes that are in any complex or difficult to play at their highest potential
>uninspired dialogue and writing: "die, die, die"
>only content/customization available at this point is stock maps and LoL-tier skins
>unmoddable, no level editor, few options
>no dedicated servers, 20tick servers
>all maps are flawed in design and contain single chokes such as Temple of Anubis
>fresh graphics and performance

The only factual advantages Overwatch has over TF2 are graphics and it's newness. In every other area - cost, skill, dialogue, readability, content, customization, moddability, map design- TF2 is the better game.

Additionally, TF2's daily player count did not change with the release of Overwatch, and it retained its position as the third most played game on Steam. Check if you don't believe me.
>>
>>340845013
its time to MOVE ON,i thought /v/ likes new fresh game but yet,but still want to stuck in the past with hats meme.
>>
>>340850350
There's also that hitscan is way more prevalent in OW
Snipers can't roll out to mid so the only way to kill airborne enemies is to airshot them, or chip them off with Scout
In OW the snipers are not slow at all compared to the rest of the cast, everyone is slower and thus an easier shot and S76, Widow, Mcree etc. are some of the best chars in the game
>>
>>340849010
ok
>>
>>340850350
This
And dont forget all the auto aims. Most of the offensive heroes deal not enough damage (comparing scout to tracer, pharra to soldier etc.) but also dont die quick enough and just end up being annoying.
The only heroes I found good and balanced in the closed beta were mc cree prenerf, junkrat and bastion.
The whole game is designed for babies and mobafags that cant play a normal fps, thats why the game forces you to switch heroes instead of changing combat tactics with the hero.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.