[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no pirate version yet >no threads on /v/ Where were you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: Mirrors-Edge-Catalyst.png (649 KB, 779x487) Image search: [Google]
Mirrors-Edge-Catalyst.png
649 KB, 779x487
>no pirate version yet
>no threads on /v/

Where were you when Mirror's Edge Catalyst flopped?
>>
>>340843448
>EA garbage
Glad it flopped
>>
>>340843448
They made a new Mirror's Edge?
>>
>loved first Mirror's Edge
>must have completed it at least 10 times
>new mirrors edge coming out
>WOAH COOL
>look it up
>they casualized the climbing and running system
>it's almost on par with Assassin's Creed HOLD X TO DO EVERYTHING
>it has a skill system with perks
>it's action intensive
It's trash.
>>
When a game comes and goes with little to no discussion on /v/ it usually means its good.

It's like a review site for hotels or restaurants. No one comes here to praise anything unless its nostalgic. It's just a place for people to shit on things.
>>
>>340843686
>Casualized climbing
>Hold one button for everything
Oh, so you didn't even play it?
>>
>open world
>made by the different team than the first game
not even gonna bother pirating it
>>
>>340843448
Something about it just looks so... bland. I dunno, it's like they sucked the soul out of the first game, that's the only way I can describe it.

And doesn't it use denuvo? I might be willing to give it a chance of there was a demo or a trial or something, but since I can't pirate it I will probably buy it when it's £5 on a steam sale or some shit, I guess.
>>
>>340844108
Fuck you. You can literally hold L1/LB and you will auto jump everything. You can beat most enemies in 1-2 hits. You can't escape most encounters. You have to turn off runners vision to even fucking see since a smoke trail, ghost runner AND arrows point to where to go. There's even footprints where you have to jump you can't turn off. This is the most hand holdy game I've ever played. I beat it in 3 hours.
>>
>>340843448
It had virtually no marketing. Almost nobody even knows it came out.
>>
I was playing video games.
>>
I'll never be able to tell if it is the photoshopped version or the real one
>>
>>340844368
>I beat it in 3 hours.

And you paid 60$ too? lmao a cuck parts soon with his money like alimony
>>
>>340843448
I don't know about it flopping but the game is actually very good. The characterization of Faith is much stronger in this one and the story is just better this time around. Anita's visit to DICE obviously had a positive impact.
>>
I haven't played this yet, will pick it up on payday.

I can't believe EA is doing the exact same thing they did with the first game, no marketing at all, then wondering why it didn't sell 10 million copies
>>
>>340844502
>It had virtually no marketing
I guess EA knew from the start it was going to flop. Those fuckers typically shill the shit out of everything.
>>
File: 1461249431783.jpg (61 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1461249431783.jpg
61 KB, 500x374
>implying it will flop

the sales will come, it has denuvo so it automatically makes it the best selling game of the year

take that pirates! :^)
>>
File: 1NHRFqH.jpg (35 KB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
1NHRFqH.jpg
35 KB, 640x481
tfw enjoying it and realizing that people's criticisms on it are puny
The game is so incredibly similar to the first one in that aspect. Of course not everyone's going to like it.
>>
>>340844502
Fact. I was just talking to a friend about how I hope EA shows some actually decent info on this game today, and he told me the game was out already. I didn't believe him at first.
>>
>>340844368
It's exactly like the first game you retarded faggot.
>>
>>340843448
In a year its 10$ anyway.
Shit game, but still has some good elements in it.
>>
>>340847603
The only marketing I've seen for it is a giant poster of just Faith's new face by the game at wal-mart. I don't think that's selling any copies.
>>
>>340843448
It already flopped when I saw that manface tranny.
>>
>>340847845
Are they seriously using that boxart face as promo? It's the first game all over again, ugly face on box decent looking ingame.
>>
I will never get over the design change. Why are western devs so dead set on depicting women as masculine? What the hell was wrong with this? Looks like a damn Asian here.
>>
File: Faith.jpg (27 KB, 236x531) Image search: [Google]
Faith.jpg
27 KB, 236x531
>>340847921
Yeah, I just stood there staring at it dumbfounded. Like even throwing aside that her face is jacked, it shows nothing worthwhile about the game and the previous game wasn't popular so there's no draw for name or face recognition anyway. They could have literally just had a picture of the city, and people would be more interested. Pushing Faith front and center is completely missing the point of why people liked Faith and the previous game.
>>
>origin
>shit characters
>too much hand holding
>raped graphics / art direction

I might pick it up when it's cheaper, or if I get the chance to try it out first
>>
I work in an electronics store and holy shit this game seems like the edgiest shit ever from the trailer I've seen 100 times

>that's it??
>(plainface) WHAT ELSE IS THERE
>BACK OFF

and why does everyone (including men) in this version wear fucking eyeliner?

And why does FAITH look African american on the cover?

I dunno. I haven't sold a copy yet personally.
>>
>>340844269
You can try it out for 6 hours if you have Origin Access
>>
>Origin
I would gladly buy it off Steam even if it isn't as good as ME1
>>
>let's take everything good from the first game
>and shit all over it

how miserable the future has become
>>
>>340843448
Lol that's the real boxart?

I thought it's a photoshop /v/ made to mock faggots at DICE.
>>
daily reminder that anita sarkeesian worked on the game as a consultant/ advisor for making it female friendly
>>
>>340848780
This is false, EA denied this rumor themselves.
>>
>>340843686
Combat is unskippable now apparently. You also cant use guns to make it quicker.
>>
>>340848780
>>340848917
She didn't work on the game exactly but they did fly her out to give a talk to the dev team.

But it's a Swedish dev team so what do you expect.
>>
What was good in the first game(the running gameplay, music, the city design) is still good, and it's plays pretty much the same way.
What wasn't very good is even worse.

The combat is a disaster, enemies have health bars and while the weaker ones go down in 3-4 hits stronger ones require more than twice that and you can't pick up guns, but the worst thing is that the game constantly forces you into situations where you have to beat all the enemies before you can progress.

Although the story has much more budget for cut scenes this time it is shit, not that it really matters. Faith's ass is nice I guess.

The perk system is completely forced and unnecessary, it locks away moves like roll on landing, 180 turn when pressing Q, or ability to go from wall run into another wall run. Other stuff you can spend your points on are health upgrades info on the enemies strengths and weaknesses and more moves for the terrible combat.
Some things you unlock pretty much at the start of the game, some are locked for a few more hours until you beat a certain mission few hours in.
After about 4-5 hours you should have everything that's related to the movement unlocked so it's not that big of a deal but it still shows how dumb the designers are.

cont
>>
>>340843448
It came out?
>>
>sequeling bad games
Thanks Sweden
>>
>>340847809
the first one didnt have auto jump/auto slide you fucking goon
>>
>>340844368
Runner Vision can be turned to classic mode. Enemies get stronger as the game progresses. You can escape 100% of encounters outside of main missions.
>>
>>340851141
this one neither
>>
>>340850378
The game is open world, and I'm still not sure myself if this is a good or a bad thing. The story missions themselves usually take place is locked away areas so the open world aspect doesn't impact their design.

To lock away certain parts of the city from you at the start and unlock more as you progress they use gear which is pretty contrived for the most part.
You get the ability to remotely stop ventilation fans to be able to walk through them.
You get a swinging line that lets you jump large distances, but you can only use it in preset places, and the way swinging works is extremely forgiving. Pretty much all you can use it for is to jump across the the thing they want you to jump across, they could have done much more with it.
Another thing you get is an upgrade to the swinging line that lets you pull yourself to other preset points, but it's completely non-interactive, it's basically hold space to get to point B, even a zipline gives you more control since you can decide when to let go.

The game gives you plenty of pointless collectibles, there are multiple "run from A to B in less than X seconds" side quests and timed runs with leaderboards spread around(and there are hackers in top 10), there's also the option to create runs with checkpoints in the open world yourself.

The runner vision is pretty much necessary for moving around the open world city because there is no minimap and the way parts of the city connect is not straightforward, you wouldn't know where to go unless you learn the city layout and main paths first, you can easily play without it in the missions. Runner vision itself works really well, you can point it to any objective you want and I never had it get lost, but if you rely on it in time trials you will pretty much never get the optimal time, there's still room for thinking.
>>
>>340848583
I don't know what problems you have with Origin, i used to be shit, but so was Steam at the start.
>>
>>340852409
But it isn't now and origin is
>>
>>340852542
What exactly is the problem with it?
>>
>>340852164
Overall I think it's fun and not a disaster as some imply, but it's definitely very disappointing.
>>
File: Faith.jpg (354 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Faith.jpg
354 KB, 1920x1200
>>340848213
>>340848256
She looks exactly how an asian is supposed to look..
Leave your basement & you'll realize not all of them look like Chinese cartoons or your plastic enhanced k pop idols.
>>
>>340853507
But it's not real life.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.