[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Serious Sam 4 >Rising Storm 2: Vietnam >Dawn of War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 23
>Serious Sam 4
>Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
>Dawn of War 3
>Mount & Blade: Bannerlord
>Arma 3 Apex
>Chivalry Sequel with magic
>Insurgency: Sandstorm

When did you realize that the PC gaming show is going to be the most exciting thing about this years E3?
>>
>>340842497
Wow, who would've thought that an open platform has some shovelware. Unlike consoles we get about 10 releases on Steam every day.
>>
It can't be as boring as last year. Right, /v/?
>>
File: shigdig.jpg (45 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
shigdig.jpg
45 KB, 1000x1000
>>340842497
>>
Man Insurgency Sandstorm. I'm so hyped about that game.
>>
none of those seem even slightly interesting
at least chivalry was fun for the amount of times it went on sale for almost next to nothing
>>
>implying you'll see a thing about Bannerlord
>>
Maybe if PC gets exciting games y'all niggas won't be so damn bitter all the time, look at this snoozefest
>>
I liked the talk show format last year despite few cringe moments. Hopefully they also shill Vulkan.
>>
>>340843948
>>340843994

>Serious Sam 4
>Not interesting
>>
>>340844027
They might even stop begging for every console game under the sun
>>
>OP shows a list of PC games
>Thread turns into flamewar shitposting

Just fuck off already.
>>
>>340841987
DOW3 and Mountainblade are the ones I'm looking forward to seeing.
>>
>>340843994
>All games on that list sold millions of copies
>L I T E R A L LY W H O
most of those franchises are probably older than you.
>>
PCuck here and a weeb at heart desu. PS4 is the weeb console. So long, PCbros, I had fun playing CoD4 promod.
>>
>>340844082
Because exclusivity is so fucking good for the industry right? Fucking assholes asking for games on another platform, I only want it for MY platform, you can't have it!
>>
>>340844258
Well without exclusives there's no point in owning a console, so I can understand them being a little protective of their games.
>>
Wow, they are really gonna give this cringe fest another shot?
>>
File: 1464740222434.jpg (81 KB, 640x539) Image search: [Google]
1464740222434.jpg
81 KB, 640x539
Pretty pissed they ditched Chivalry's realistic medieval look and instead went with cartoony bullshit.

Still looks fun tho
>>
>>340844027
Oh shit I legit just realized that pc games are usually boring, most console exclusives are exciting hype shit with interesting premises and genres. Serves them right tho, pirating games killed the pc market.
>>
>can't even talk about PC games without the thread turning into a platform war zone

/v/ is shit now
>>
File: avatar bill.jpg (4 KB, 149x160) Image search: [Google]
4 KB, 149x160
>>340841987
>Serious Sam 4

HYPE
>>
File: 1465304991521.jpg (21 KB, 466x359) Image search: [Google]
1465304991521.jpg
21 KB, 466x359
>>340844383
yes, console exclusives. on platforms that only allow simple controls and casualize every genre, are so interesting and hype, excitement in it's purest form.

Why do you niggers shit up every thread related to PC gaming holy shit, buyers remorse?
>>
>>340844417
>now
It's been like this for a while. But you're right, it's worse now.

The mods need to be less tolerant with bans for rules 2 and 3.
>>
>>340844339
Pretty much, yeah. All my life I've had consoles with their own excellent, unique lineups. This year has been the worst for abundance of good exclusives.

Hence why I wish Sony would stop this "also on PC" nonsense. If I wanted to play a game on PC, I'd get a PC. I don't want to see big-budget, first party games die out in ten years because of fucking petitions.
>>
>>340842497
DELETE THIIIIS
>>
>>340844575
You shit up threads about console games with your begging. Only fair pc secondaries don't get to have threads either.
>>
Only thing I care about on the list is Bannerlord
>>
>>340844658
But the game is still on PS4. Why are you upset that others get to play it?
>>
File: 1464340822167.jpg (408 KB, 1932x1700) Image search: [Google]
1464340822167.jpg
408 KB, 1932x1700
>>340844737
>implying those aren't sonycuck falseflags
>>
>>340844575
>>340844737
The problem both of you have is that you're classifying each other as a single entity. "PC gamers" and "Console gamers" aren't 1 person each
>>
>>340841987
So it's gonna be a bunch of dad games and german simulators in between 20 minutes of someone suit selling you a shit graphics card?
>>
>>340844575
It's because you're easy to bully, and constatnly shitting up console game threads with "port when?"

Like poor Nier. PC fats didn't care about Nier until its sequel was coming to PS4. Now the good old, comfy Nier threads are all shit.
>>
>>340844836
>muh boogyman
>>
>>340844658
You should start supporting Sony more to prevent losing any more exclusives. Many PS4 games sell so badly now that they have no other reason but to release on PC also, as its market has been growing steadily over the past few years.

I believe the best way to start is to just buy as many PS4 exclusives as you can, regardless of whether you want to play them or not. That way you'll show that you truly care about your games and want to keep them.
>>
>>340844871
What the fuck is dad game even supposed to be, are you admitting you are underage?
>>
>>340844774
Because a system is defined by its lineup. I'd get a Nintendo console to play Nintendo games. I'd get an Xbox to play MS's lineup (if they still had one). If a system has no games of its own, it really has no reason to go on the market at all. I want a launch lineup like the PS2's, but that'll never happen because there's no reason to put effort into good games that will make your platform stand out.

The current console competition is a scam. They're peddling mostly the same shit, no side stands out.

>>340844929
It doesn't work that way. Casuals made sure that consoles would sell whether or not they had a lineup to justify it. Thus we can't have nice things.

It doesn't matter, anyway. Next gen there probably won't even be exclusives on any platform except Nintendo's. If MS stays in, their system will have the same shit as the PS5, and it'll all be on PC anyway. Then, with no pressure to sell systems, big-budget, console selling games will be a thing of the past. We're entering the age of free-to-play anyway, so MOBA style stuff and PC indies will be the majority of non-mobile gaming.

This is what you guys wanted, though.
>>
literally only SS4, m&b and dawn of war 3 are something to be excited about
3 games, and dawn of war is probably gonna be bad
PC is as dead as ever
>>
>>340843994
(you)
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 717x880
>first post is console war bait

r/games is probably the only way to discuss E3 without getting cancer, fuck /v/
>>
>>340845276
I don't understand. If you don't own a PC, any game that is also on PC shouldn't affect your decision in buying a game in any way- it's still on the PS4, you can still play it. But if you DID have a PC the only thing it would affect is which system you buy the game on. Again, you can still play it. And it usually doesn't harm the devs/publishers. More platforms = more potential buyers, leads to more potential sales.

Exclusivity harms the consumer. The only time it really makes sense is for games developed by the company that made the console (Mario games, Zelda etc) or games published by the console owner (Bayonetta 2, Bloodborne etc)
>>
>>340841987
>multiplats and expansions
>PC gaming
>E3

This is supposed to be joke?
>>
>>340845545
>/r/games
>Not cancer

Of all the fucking subreddits to pick, you pick that shithole. I sure do love having 24/7 nazi mods delete shit for arbitrary reasons. I love the circlejerk over hating on Ubisoft there while they ignore other companies that pull the same shit:
>OMG UBISOFT DOWNGRADES GAME GRAPHICS!
>Uh, so did Fromsoft, CDPR...
>WHO CARE, THEY AREN'T IN THE CIRCLEJERK

I sure do love seeing comments that aren't 2 paragraphs long get deleted by the shithouse mods because they aren't "quality" enough

I love not being able to make any jokes, because video games aren't fun, they're serious!
>>
>>340845978
>I shitpost on reddit: the post
>>
>>340846082
No, I actually try to add to shit there, but shit gets getting deleted for no reason. The mods just decide what they think can and can't go through without specifying it in the rules.
>>
File: LE BAIT FISH XD.png (332 KB, 1000x3500) Image search: [Google]
LE BAIT FISH XD.png
332 KB, 1000x3500
>>340843896
>>
>>340845698
>Exclusivity harms the consumer.

You mean it harms PC. Exclusivity, specifically in the case of first-party games, as you mentioned, gives a manufacturer-owned studio the ability to make games for a console from the ground up. We'll use a /v/ triggering example, The Last of Us. Built from the ground up for PS3. PS3 game to the fucking bone. Did things with PS3 hardware that were truly the end of what could be done with it. I got a PS3 specifically to play it online with my friends, it moved several systems in my circle of bros alone.

The game never would have been made had Naughty Dog not been a Sony owned studio, making games exclusively for Sony platforms. The budget at play also would never have been a consideration had they not been a first-party developer making something that would really benefit the system.

Most of my favorite games have come into being this way. All the best games I've ever played were made exclusive to be "system sellers". This system of competition, with everyone looking for a killer app, led to great games.

There's no competition on PC. Everyone is just going to buy every game when it goes on sale anyway. There's no fight between anything but part manufacturers. Thus no real reason to try.

I miss the era when Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all had valid reasons to get their systems. The PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube all had great fucking games, you were in for a good time no matter which one you picked, because they were all fighting for a piece.

But you don't want them to have to try. You just want every game on the same platform, for free. And then say that this will in no way damage the quality or quantity of good titles.
>>
>>340846412
Damn this nigga spitting fire and truth
>>
>>340846503
>the majority of PC gaming doesn't define PC gaming

Not how it works kiddo.
>>
>>340841987
Also possibility for AMD to reveal new cards like the 490
>>
File: 1465675587937.jpg (63 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
1465675587937.jpg
63 KB, 437x437
>>340846379
Posting about shovelware being released on Steam and implying that this is what defines pc gaming isn't an unpopular opinion, just terrible shitposting, atleast try to be subtle.
>>
>>340846412
>There's no fight between anything but part manufacturers.
Except, y'know, developers.
All exclusives do is put the power in the hand of the manufacturers instead of the developers, which in turn takes power away from the consumer.
>>
>>340845698
Why has this bitching about exclusives become so popular lately?
Is it because PC has nothing else going for it but multiplats now?
Because back in the PS2/1 time people didn't bitch about games being exclusive to consoles like they do now.
>>
File: hero.jpg (238 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
hero.jpg
238 KB, 2000x1333
>Console conferences professional as fuck
>Marketing people doing rehearsed scripts
>PC gaming show just a badly thrown together stage with a couch
>No budget
>Devs awkwardly stuttering about their games
>Nothing but indie games
>>
File: nyxmZq7.png (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
nyxmZq7.png
35 KB, 625x626
>>340846592
Literally nobody buys shovelware on Steam, how are you this autistic
>>
>>340846796
Nigger it doesn't matter who buys what. What matters is your platform is fucking shit and posting that stupid baitfish meme isn't going to change FACTS. THIS IS A FUCKING FACT NOT OPINION A FACT SO FUCK OFF KID I'M DONE WITH YO
>>
>>340846412
The Last of Us looked as good as it did wasn't because it was an exclusive, it was because it was done by a competent dev team. ND are fantastic at optimizing for PS3/PS4, and chances are they are just as good at doing so on other systems, they just haven't been able to demonstrate that.

>There is no competition on PC.

I don't understand what you mean, there most certainly is between devs, same as there is competition within a consoles library

>>340846773
Because exclusives are only beneficial to the people making the games, not to the people playing the games
>>
>>340846773
>Because back in the PS2/1 time people didn't bitch about games being exclusive to consoles
Yes actually, they did.
>>
File: xd.png (11 KB, 188x177) Image search: [Google]
xd.png
11 KB, 188x177
>>340846882
eric simply eric Xd, google exit bag
>>
>>340846932
Not really
PC had an actual identity of its own back then unlike now where it's just expensive console that doesn't play all the console games.
>>
>>340846970
How about you shut the fuck up before I fucking curb stomp you for talking smack? Talk shit get hit kid. Remember that while I bash your fucking skull in.
>>
>>340846609
More talk about RX 480: almost certain
More benchmarks: possible
Infos about other Polaris 10 card: maybe
Teaser for Polaris 11: unlikely but possible
Teaser for Vega (490): very unlikely because it would hurt Polaris 10 sales
>>
>>340847006
>Not really
I love when underageb& tries their revisionist bullshit.
Even back in the SNES/Genesis days people complained about exclusives on usenet.
>>
I just want to see Tyranny gameplay and a release date that is preferably within the next six months or within the week. Desperate.
>>
>>340846412
>>340846412
Right, because studios sure don't want to make popular games that sell well, do they?

I mean, I can't conceive of a single reason why a dev would want to make a good game that sold well UNLESS the success of some piece of hardware was tied to it.
>>
>>340841987
Nice, shit games.
>>
>>340847026
edgy shit edgY sHit thats some edgy shit right th ere right there if i doƽaү somy self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷM HO0OଠOOOOOOଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Edgy shit
>>
>>340847139
Why would studios want to cater to bullies they can't please and would rather pirate their game?
>>
>>340847197
Edgy? Trust me today I'm on my dull side. You're just a lil punk who needs to be taught a lesson, nothin edgy about that kiddo.
>>
>>340846649
>>340847139

>All exclusives do is put the power in the hand of the manufacturers instead of the developers, which in turn takes power away from the consumer.

That's funny, I remember having full power over what system I bought based on the lineup it had.

There's not going to be competition between developers worth a damn if nobody is trying to move systems. There's already no fucking competition on PC. You get to pick between DOTA2, LOL, and HotS. Thrilling. All three are free.

You want consumer power? Manufacturers fighting for reasons for people to buy their system is consumer power. Trying to be the best in order to sell the most, that's consumer power. Steam Greenlight and free-to-play nonsense give the consumer so much "choice".

Fucking CDPR openly said that the Witcher 3 could not have been made at the scope they had pursued had the game been only on PC.

This nonsense argument of

>if every platform has all the games, then consumers will be free to play on any platform they wish and have access to every game

Is not an argument of what benefits consumers, or gamers. It's an argument of "what benefits PC players most". Fuck, the vast majority of the titles that get port begged would not have been made except to sell goddamned systems. Weeb games aside (Japan doesn't really have a PC market), titles moving to PC does nothing but homogenize the platforms and eliminate competition.

The most successful games on PC are free to play, micro-transaction fests. You fuckers defend CS:GO, a game in which people pay thousands of real dollars for virtual weapon skins. That's success to you. And it's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>340847129
>Excited for that piece of shit

The skill tree looks like it belongs in free to play MMO
>>
File: 1394010085998.jpg (10 KB, 161x161) Image search: [Google]
1394010085998.jpg
10 KB, 161x161
>>340842497

>tfw some days i look at the new and upcoming releases on steam just for a quick laugh
>>
>>340846412
You're a fucking retard.

Games like The Last of Us, Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne (and all of these games are good, for the record) get an added advantage to them merely on the fact they're exclusive. Because an userbase is desperate for exclusives and they have few other options, those games stand out more than they would have if they were multi-platform games.

This benefits no consumer. It benefit the developers of the game. In a perfect world where every game came out for every platform, all games would be competing with one another, instead of having shitty games like Quantum Break be their own small monopoly for anyone who owns a Bone
>>
>>340847139
>>340847250
just stop responding to this baiting cunt holy shit
>>
File: 1453295607064.jpg (30 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1453295607064.jpg
30 KB, 225x225
>>340841987
>doesn't remember last year fiasco
>>
>>340847296
>There's already no fucking competition on PC
Stopped reading there.
You're fucking retarded if you believe this.
>>
>>340847296
>here's not going to be competition between developers worth a damn if nobody is trying to move systems
Except there is, because developers will be competing with each other to try to move sales of individual games, instead of platforms.
>>
>>340846412
>There's no fight between anything but part manufacturers. Thus no real reason to try.
Are you saying that competition between consoles is something different than competition between manufactures?
Or are you saying that individual developers and publishers for PC don't compete with each other.

Are you actually mentally damaged? Do you fucking understand that "PC" is not one giant publisher like Sony or Microsoft?

How PC works:
You hardware manufacturers competing with other hardware manufactures over who manages to offer the best hardware.
And then you have software developers and different publishers competing among each other over who offeres the best games and software.

Which means that you decision about what hardware you want to buy will always be deponent ONLY on the quality of hardware on offer, and your choice about which software to buy will be dependent solely on the existing selection of software.

Consoles, meanwhile, force you to buy hardware deponent on what software is available, and software dependent on what hardware you purchased, mean that you CAN'T MAKE OPTIMAL DECISIONS BASED ON THE ACTUAL MARKET OPTIONS.

If one console offers better hardware but worse games available, you are either forced to buy WORSE HARDWARE, or settle with WORSE SOFTWARE. Or buy TWO PIECES OF HARDWARE for absolutely no reason other than an arbitrary decision of the console market giants.

There is no reason why you should not allow one make his hardware decisions be dependent on the quality and parameters of the hardware alone, and your games to be selected based on the quality of the game alone.
Yet YOU DEFEND a model that does not allow for that because... what?
I'll tell you why: because being a brand bitch appeals to you. Because you have already committed to the idea of being a brand loyal faggot so fucking much that you actually speak utter and absolute, LITERAL nonsense jut to defend that anti-consumer model.
>>
>>340841987
IF that lineup is considered best in e3, I may actually watch it, it'll be an awesome trainwreck of an e3 this year.
>>
>>340842497
>PC gaming
>People constantly make games for it
>Indies are booming

>Console gaming
>Bloodbourne and Halo
>>
File: yang of murder.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
yang of murder.webm
1 MB, 720x404
>>340842497

You are having a laugh because Crazy Pixel Streaker is the beesknees.
>>
File: 1763735673673.jpg (22 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1763735673673.jpg
22 KB, 500x385
>>340841987
Im literally not excited in the least for any of those tittles. Only game im looking forward to is Dishonored and thats because i want to pirate it
>>
>>340841987

Nothing to see here
>>
>>340847462
Which doesn't fucking work, because anyone who's invested the overhead for a good gaming rig is going to buy everything anyway, or pirate it. There's zero reason to try to make a PC game good. There's nothing at stake. They already have low overhead, and giants like Valve and Blizz bank on microtransactions to make their money, not game sales.

It's just like mobile gaming, except more expensive. They make their money off a few "whales" who are going to blow their wads, not on games that will get people to the store to buy a system.
>>
>>340841987
Is this today?
>>
>>340847585
Nice meme
>>
>>340847753
>Which doesn't fucking work, because anyone who's invested the overhead for a good gaming rig is going to buy everything anyway, or pirate it.
Man, consolefags sure do love their disinformation.
Almost like they're trying to push some kind of narrative since they know their status quo may be in danger.
>>
>>340841987
>AMD presents

Ashes gameplay
Ashes benchmarks
Ashes dlcs

Ashes!
>>
>>340847753
This is blatantly false, though. Games can sell well or bad on PC, there are hits and there are misses. The userbase is not as big as consoles, that much is true, but it's a good enough quantity of people that it makes complete sense to have games on PC's.
>>
>>340847296
>Fucking CDPR openly said that the Witcher 3 could not have been made at the scope they had pursued had the game been only on PC.

That's exactly right.

Do you know why?

Because it would have been EXCLUSIVE, and exclusivity means a smaller potential install-base, which means smaller potential sales, which means smaller budgets.

Why would you cite Witcher 3, a game that went multiplat in order to achieve a larger scope, as an example of why exclusives are a good thing?

Oh, right, because you don't understand the market forces at work here.

Lemme break it down for you:
-Devs want money.
--There are two ways to get money.
---One is to sell the game to a lot of people.
----This involves making the game good. Your job is to make the game consumers want.
----This also involves making the game available to a wide potential audience.
---The other is to get paid in advance to make the game.
----This usually involves promising some console manufacturer that the only way to play the game is to buy their shitty hardware (but it could also be a contracting deal like Plat did with Sega)
----This involves making the game good, but moreso it involves satiating the whims of the person holding the purse strings. Publishers might do things like demand you incorporate their gimmicky gyro controller in your Star Fox game; your job is to make the game the publisher wants.

So, to review: exclusivity contracts incentivize devs to make their money by designing the kind of games publishers want to push. Sales-driven revenue incentivizes devs to make their moneh by designing the kind of games consumers want to buy.
>>
>>340841987
>SS4
>Bannerlord
>Apex
>Sandstorm

FUCK YES! When is PC gaming show?!
>>
>>340847865
>but it's a good enough quantity of people that it makes complete sense to have games on PC's.
Yeah and you'll just bully and harass developers to cave to you if they aren't on PC!
>>
>>340847296
>You want consumer power? Manufacturers fighting for reasons for people to buy their system is consumer power.
Not if the manufacturers use DIFFERENT REASONS THAN THE QUALITY OF THE HARDWARE you god damn cocksucking retard.
If a company forces you to buy hardware that is not optimal to your needs by holding software ransom, then you are being shafted as a consumer. Consumer power means the power to make optimal decisions.
Exclusivity prevents optimality.

>Fucking CDPR openly said that the Witcher 3 could not have been made at the scope they had pursued had the game been only on PC.
Market size you idiot. Market size. They could also not make the game of the same size if they were going for PS4 exclusivity or Xbox exclusivity alone: they stated that only the combined selling power of all three platforms would grant sufficient enough sales to cover the game's expenses.

>Is not an argument of what benefits consumers, or gamers. It's an argument of "what benefits PC players most".
How so? Yes, it would generally benefit PC players most because PC players already have the advantage of having the best hardware. They also spend the most money on it.

But it would benefit all customers, because it would allow them to optimize their purchase strategy.
>>
>>340847330
Actually they give me a reason to get a system. I didn't bother with getting a PS4 until had some shit that I wanted (Bloodborne, Gravity Rush remastered), and some definite future titles (Gravity Rush 2, Nier A, P5 which I could have played on PS3). The system didn't enter my home until it had games I wanted.

It's fucking sad that it took that long to have a lineup worth playing, and it still really doesn't, the shit hasn't come out yet. If it had all those games as its launch lineup, I would have gotten it day one.

I play on PC as well. But everything I want to play on PC will run on my fucking i5 laptop with integrated graphics. Nobody is fighting to get people to build a high end PC.
>>
>>340847929
>Asking devs to port games to PC = bullying and harassing
This is embarrassing anon.
This is literally some tumblr type shit.
>>
>>340841987
>caring about PC gaming show
>after the complete trash that was last year's conference
What the fuck
>>
>>340846796
I buy shovelware on Steam, I find bad games to be extremely fun and they are also extremely cheap.

I usually get 3-4Hrs of enjoyment out of 5bux game.
>>
>>340847753
>Which doesn't fucking work, because anyone who's invested the overhead for a good gaming rig is going to buy everything anyway, or pirate it.
This has to be quite literally the most deranged and pathetic attempt at a consolefaggot logic I had ever seen.
>>
>>340848002
>companies never learn from their mistakes and do better next time.
>>
>>340847997
>demanding and threatening means asking
>>
>>340848002
Was way more fun to watch then the typical "watch this trailer" E3 presentations
>>
>>340848180
>Asking means demanding and threatening
Yea, this is some legit tumblr shit.
Are you a woman by any chance? That might explain a lot.
>>
>>340848084
If they did learn from their mistakes they wouldn't have done another one. Holy fuck was it bad.
>>
>>340842497
>complaining about a wide selection of games
consolefags everyone
>>
>>340847476
You seem to think that hardware power matters in consoles. It does not. IMO, console and PC should not share lineups in any capacity.

The Wii U, despite its failings, has genuienly good games on it. Nobody who bought a Wii U for Bayonetta or whatever other Nintendo games they wanted cared how powerful the system was. The games matter. We're on /v/, not /g/. My laptop plays all the goddamned PC games I care about, and it cost $600 dollars.

If the only thing a console has going for it is great hardware, and not its lineup, it's a shit console. The console is the vehicle for its lineup. You shouldn't have to care about specs at all, just games.

>because being a brand bitch appeals to you

Actually, I just buy whatever system has the games I want. It's never been PC. Even this gen , with less exclusives than ever, it's still not PC. I haven't had an actual gaming rig since 2012. Games outpaced its hardware, and I didn't bother to build another because all the games I still played could run on my fucking laptop.
>>
>>340848180
>What time is it?
>STOP DEMANDING AND THREATENING ME!!
>>
>>340848258
I'm just going by the port begging I see here on /v/.
I've routinely seen pc fats saying two nukes wasn't enough etc.
>>
>>340848180
Your arguments went literally from "exclusivity is pro-consumer" to "PC guys are just all mean bullies and I HATE THEM!"
Dude, this is way beyond pathetic. Surely you can't take yourself seriously at this point.

Just fuck off while you have at least some dignity left.
>>
>>340845978
>I love the circlejerk over hating on Ubisoft there while they ignore other companies that pull the same shit
Sounds like /v/ alright.
>>
>>340842497
Someone make an upcoming console game list with no games
>>
>>340848342
>/v/ shitposting is all PC gamers
Yea, you have to be a woman, only way you could be this retarded.
>>
>>340848303
I for one liked the format, cringe came from the jokes.

if you cannot accept that non comedians do bad jokes, I feel bad for you.
>>
>>340848365
I'm not even the person who said that. I just think devs shouldn't try and pander to pc fats since they'll just pirate their games anyway and buy it when it's 5 dollars.
I want devs I like to keep making games but instead they keep pandering to pc fats and it keeps blowing up in their face.
>>
>>340844139
Every thread is a flamewar unless it's a porn thread. /v/ is console war general if you haven't noticed.
>>
>>340848323
I think he was complaining about quality not wide selection m8
>>
>>340841987

>Serious Sam 4
interested but skeptical
its a new game in a classic series there's a decent chance they'll mess it up

no shits given but apparently Tripwire can work on this but not KF2 huh?

>Dawn of War 3
I didn't like the direction 2 took so its gotta be more like the first one for me to care at all

>Mount & Blade: Bannerlord
probably the most interesting game on this list because it almost seemed like it was in development hell but apparently not if they actually have something to show
the original M&B felt dated even when it first came out so this is a very necessary upgrade that would be pretty devastating if they don't get it right

>Arma 3 Apex
don't care at all probably needs a $2000 PC to even run at more than 10 FPS and its just a very niche kind of game

>Chivalry Sequel with magic
capital of meh city
just another multiplayer focused game that will die down to nothing within a week because it isn't Overwatch or one of a handful of mobas

>Insurgency: Sandstorm
see above

overall pretty mediocre lineup except for SS4 and Bannerlord but at least they're showing something I guess
>>
lmao, how this end up as a console war thread
>>
>>340848631
OP invited console wars when he said PC gaming will have the best conference.
>>
File: 1458697691740.jpg (38 KB, 685x684) Image search: [Google]
1458697691740.jpg
38 KB, 685x684
Fuck. This is why I am very excited to wait for PC gaming show
>>
>>340848336
That's EXACTLY the problem.

You're choosing what hardware to buy based on the quality of the software.

You should be choosing what SOFTWARE to buy based on the quality of the software.

If Bayo 2 is a good game, that should influence you to buy Bayo 2. It should have zero bearing on what sort of graphics hardware you buy.

It isn't just about "quality", it's quality and price, and if something like WiiU hardware is sufficient for you, then you could probably get it for much cheaper, AND it wouldn't have any sort of impact on the kinds of games you buy.
>>
>>340848615
I'm so hyped for MnB: Bannerlord, but at the same time so worried that it might be shit after all those years in development. A-at least the graphics are better if it turns out to be shit?
>>
>>340848336
>You seem to think that hardware power matters in consoles. It does not.
Nice way to admit that consoles are absolutely shitty pieces of hardware. Here is the thing though: Hardware does matter. You sorry, sad fucks are so used to be corporate bitches that you don't even realize you could be asking for better hardware.

The subpar hardware of your consoles puts a bottleneck on the quality and complexity of the titles that you own.

>The Wii U, despite its failings, has genuienly good games on it.
That is neat. How do I as a customer benefit from being forced to buy a Wii U to play those games if I already own a hardware with comparable (actually several times better) specs?
Why the fuck do you idiots think having to buy MULTIPLE DUPLICATES of one piece of hardware to be able to play all the games when - as you yourself stated, "hardware does not matter")?

>Actually, I just buy whatever system has the games I want.
BECAUSE YOU ARE A FUCKING BITCH. Because you could have bought ONE piece of hardware and then buy all the games you enjoy from any possible lineups, but you actually decided that it's a better idea to to arbitarily limit it.

When you buy a console, you buy a one of several possible lineups. With the good games and the bad games, and with awareness that you are missing out on games from a different lineups. And completely helpless in regards of the quality of the hardware you are getting.

I on the other hand would like to prefer buying specific hardware that best fits my needs and then buying specific games that I find enjoyable.

See how my point of you might find your point of you as absolutely, completely, unbelievably retarded?

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU GIVE UP WILLINGLY ON THE OPTION TO MAKE BETTER INFORMED PURCHASE ON BOTH THE HARDWARE AND THE FUCKING SOFTWARE?!?!
How can anyone EVER actually defend this?
>>
>>340848827
If Bannerlord turns out to be shit, this looks pretty promising.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC2npitkEmc
>>
>>340847986
This is a good thing. The fact that consoles don't have exclusives to hold you by the balls anymore and you can have any system you want is completely to your benefit.
>>
>>340848827
People bought Mount and Blade three times already with slightly improved graphics each time. They are going to buy it a fourth time.
>>
>>340841987
I hope the release date for Apex is soon, when they announce it at the show.
>>
File: 1462281601993.png (927 KB, 720x888) Image search: [Google]
1462281601993.png
927 KB, 720x888
>>340848827
Bannerlord cannot be shit. It just can't. Turks should know what are they doing. They're professionals, right?
>>
>>340848884
>How can anyone EVER actually defend this?

Because big-budget, system selling titles wouldn't exist without the systems. Free-to-play is not a future I intend to choose.

There's no title on the market that's worth building an expensive PC for. All the multiplats I play are just inadvertent purchases. I play them because they happen to be on my platform. I bought the system for its games, which would not exist if not for the deal that allowed them to be made.

Maybe you should be pushing the exclusive software of your chosen platform as a better choice, rather than trying to make a case as to why the entire system of platform competition should dissolve in order to please your want for a decent title.

As powerful as consumer PC hardware gets, I can't think of a game made specifically for it, from the ground up, that plays off all its merits. Where are these PC "super games" that should exist for the amount of money you spend on hardware? Where are the dedicated devs making PC exclusives that outclass everything else?

>>340849053
No it's not. It means that games are going to shit.
>>
>>340848615
>no shits given but apparently Tripwire can work on this but not KF2 huh?

Kf 2 is still getting updates, yes development is slow, but /v/ needs to stop meming about it being dead

>Arma 3
>don't care at all probably needs a $2000 PC to even run at more than 10 FPS and its just a very niche kind of game

It peaks at 40k players on weekends, hardly a niche game and with deep scripting and moding tools it's the new military focused garrysmod.

>Chivalry
>Insurgency
just another multiplayer focused game that will die down to nothing within a week because it isn't Overwatch or one of a handful of mobas

both still have active communities, you what?
>>
>>340841987
FPS and clunky hack and slash shit
>>
>>340846780

It's comfy tbqh, and allows for more honest talk. Everything doesn't have to be a fucking show with scripted dialogue.
>>
>>340841987
maybe because you play on PC?
>>
>>340849574
Well, you'd think with the amount of money that Nvidia, AMD, Intel, and all the other hardware guys rake in, the PC gaming show would be a bigger deal. They could contribute something to raise buzz and put on a bigger conference.
>>
>>340843998
They already said that they'd show new gameplay didn't they?
>>
>>340849306
Nobody on PC wants exclusives.

We get them anyway because it's the easiest platform to develop for so lots of independent or lower-budget AA games are PC exclusive, but it's not why anyone has a PC and it's not something anyone is pushing for PC.

I'd be perfectly happy to see every console and PC get every game. I know that won't happen because of development costs and exclusivity contracts but I'm not gonna cry and bemoan the death of gaming if it happens like consolecucks do when one of their NEVEREVERs gets ported for sweaty steambux
>>
File: muh dragons.jpg (84 KB, 508x504) Image search: [Google]
muh dragons.jpg
84 KB, 508x504
>>340849306
>Exclusive games for my console of choice are automatically better than any and all multiplatforms
This level of savage butthurtness is unreal. Sorry people that paid a higher price than you did for a better platform get to enjoy the same games you do.
>>
>>340849369
Older Insurgency still alive to this day
>>
>>340841987
Mount & Blade: Bannerlord nice rest shit
>>
>>340849306
>There's no title on the market that's worth building an expensive PC for.
You don't build an expensive PC to play a game you couldn't play otherwise. You do it to play a game at 1080p+ and 60FPS with maxed settings, if you're into that sort of thing.
>>
>>340849735
All games at E3 are ran from PC's... so the entire show is a PC show. The remains of what's doable on consoles is what consolefags get on release day.
>>
>>340849306
>Because big-budget, system selling titles wouldn't exist without the systems.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!
Yes. Apparently COD, and Witcher, Deus Ex and Fallout, Mass Effect and Hitman and Wolfenstein and GTA and Dishonored and Asscreed and Far Cry and billions of other multiplatform huge budgeted series don't exist somehow.

>Free-to-play is not a future I intend to choose.
You being so fucking poorly informed about what is or isn't available on PC to think it's all free-to-play is not our problem. Ever heard of Serious Sam? ARMA? Total War series? Shadow Warrior? Grand strategies, sims, puzzle games like Factorio, RPG's like Pillars, Wasteland, Xcom, Cities Skylines, and billions of other not free to play PC games that exist and hundreds more coming out each day?

>There's no title on the market that's worth building an expensive PC for.
Maybe not for you. But the beauty of the model we advocate is that it's entirely up to you to decide what hardware do you want to pay for. You don't want to for an expensive PC because the few high-demand PC games out there don't appeal to you fine? But why the fuck should those who did invest in an expensive PC not be allowed to play games like Bayo2?
Why should people who bought PS4, which is not as expensive as PC and more powerful than WiiU not be allowed to play Bayo2? The argument that there would not be enough sales to pay for the existence of Bayo2 clearly does not work, because the market for the game would EXPANDED, not shrunk.

>I bought the system for its games, which would not exist if not for the deal that allowed them to be made.
(cont.)
>>
>>340847897
yeah but PC is better
>>
>>340850418
I agree, but I'm saying that making the game available on consoles as well helped it, rather than hurting it.
>>
>Serious Sam 4
Nope
>Rising storm 2:Vietnam
Yes
>All the rest
Nope

There better be better games than what's on that list OP, otherwise the show will be shit
>>
>>340849306
Considering how many massively successful multiplaform titles there are, this is a massive stretch. And here is another fun thing: if you think somehow exclusivity (which LIMITS the sales of a title) somehow magically grants more money into investment and allows for creation of games that otherwise would not be made (preposterous, in fact insanely stupid idea), then ask yourself how is that possible. Where is the extra money generated for those magical exclusives to be made, if it's clearly not from the game sales, as exclusivity restricts sales?
The answer is simple: You are getting completely shafted. Ripped off on the hardware. You are getting so insanely ripped off that it allows the studios to make completely inefficient and unviable decisions, such as limiting sale potential to a game to ONE THIRD of the market.

Think of it. A studio can afford to limit the sales of their game to ONE THIRD because of the insane amount of profit they are getting from forcing you to make poor hardware purchase decisions.
You think that is pro-consumer?

Your argument is that exclusivity is the only way to make good high-production AAA titles. You ignore that absolute majority of the most selling current IP's are multiplatform. You know nothing about PC market, enough to think that it can't support anything but F2P titles, while the reality is that PC sales exceed individual console game sales (on title values, that is without considering the additional F2P market and micro transaction revenues.
You literally give up on the control over what kind of hardware you have and whenever you are not getting TERRIBLY ripped off. And you advocate that you, and everybody else, gets to play less games than their hardware allows them to play for arbitrary reason.

You, my friend, are a mentally deranged piece of shit: a person so utterly fucked up in the head that it actually scares me. It's INSANE that the industry has produced something as deranged as you.
>>
>>340849934
>>I'd be perfectly happy to see every console and PC get every game

I wouldn't, and I'm the guy you've been arguing with. Why would you want your platform's games to be watered down in order to accommodate consoles for more sales? Why wouldn't you want games that consoles simply can't play? A $2000 setup should have games that require $2000 worth of gear to play.

Also, bile aside, I'm happy to see games get ported to PC once the generation is over so that they don't get forgotten with the hardware. Emulation has this mostly covered, though. Mostly. But during the gen, I want to see all sides giving a fuck about what they have to offer.

>>340850069
>my console of choice

Once again, doesn't work that way. The games move the console, you don't pick a plastic box and then defend whatever it happens to have.

>>340850218
I know this. There's been no title in the last ten years so good that I've gone

>wow, i just want to spend two thousand dollars to play this at even better settings, it's just so amazing.

>>340850272
You're literally making the argument that you have the "right" to play every system's games because you spent the most money on hardware. Nobody cares. Spend it on something more productive. Nintendo should not have to give up its sovereignty as a hardware/software publisher because you want them to. Nintendo has always made Nintendo games for their own consoles.

But I guess the Steam kikes are out to end everything good in gaming in order to push paid mods, microtransacitons, and e-sports fuckery. Have fun with that.

Christ, this is a thread about PC games, yet the focus is on console games and why they should be PC games. If there's so much going for PC, why do you even care about infringing on other platforms?
>>
>>340850418
>but PC is better

No it's terrible.
>>
>Caring about Insurgency when Squad is out.
>>
>>340849934
>Nobody on PC wants games

Your'e right, this shit is only good for shitposting
>>
test
>>
>>340846780
They're both equally shit shows, no clue what you're on about. Hope there's tons of cringe again this year.
>>
>>340848884
> point of you
Spelling mistakes like this are a diamond dozen.
>>
>>340841987
I don't see Devolver Digital or Croteam listed on the PC gamingshow partners/presenters list, where are you getting this SS4 thing?
>>
>>340850617
>two thousand dollars for a good PC
You're clearly very ignorant on the subject, my man.
>>
>>340846780
Pretty much sums up both console and PC gaming current state.
>>
>>340850617
>You're literally making the argument that you have the "right" to play every system's games because you spent the most money on hardware.
Actually, no. If I was doing that, I would argue for exclusivity. Because even though I spend more on a PC than you would on one console, I would spend even more if I had to buy a PC and a console.
I actually argue that I want to spend AS LITTLE MONEY as I have to to play as much games as I want. YOU argue that spending more on hardware than ever reasonable should be the only way to be granted the option to play more games.

I want to buy ONE machine, deciding the particular size of the investment based on my demands: more if I want luxuries like high framerate, less if I can live without those and am on a budget.

What I DON'T want to do is buy MULTIPLE machines when there is no physical reason why to own them.

>Spend it on something more productive.
Like having but multiple consoles just to be allowed to play all the games I want to play? That is your idea of spending money more productively? Having multiple machines that do precisely the same thing?

>Nintendo should not have to give up its sovereignty as a hardware/software publisher because you want them to.
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT NINTENDO TO HOLD SUCH SOUVERENITY?! TO WHAT FUCKING BENEFIT?!
HOW THE FUCK WOULD YOU EVER BENEFIT FROM THAT DEAL?!?!

>If there's so much going for PC, why do you even care about infringing on other platforms?
Because anti-consumerist attitude is harming everyone, even as fundamentally DERANGED people as you.
YOU are getting screwed in the ass, you don't even realize it, and you are getting mad at people standing up for YOUR FUCKING INTERESTS BECAUSE YOU AREN'T CAPABLE OF DOING THAT YOURSELF.
>>
>>340841987
Some good games sure.
But those are tired as fuck ideas.
All of those games are fucking boring by todays standards.
>>
>>340851003
I'm thinking of a full setup including peripherals. 1440p at least. I actually want to build one that can do 1440p at at least 60fps and $2000 is the total that I'd like to adhere to including monitor. When the non-founders editions of the new cards are available, I'll start there.

I don't see the point of going low-end if I'm going to bother at all.

>>340851147
>YOU are getting screwed in the ass, you don't even realize it, and you are getting mad at people standing up for YOUR FUCKING INTERESTS BECAUSE YOU AREN'T CAPABLE OF DOING THAT YOURSELF.

Not really, I just like good games. Best games I've ever played have been exclusives, usually first party. Not hard to figure out why I'd want more of those. Best thing I've played so far this gen had been Bloodborne. That experience was worth the $200 for the console, along with all the other shit I intend to get for it.
>>
>>340841987
>Sequel
>Sequel
>Sequel
Anyone else put off by the recent onslaught of sequels in games?
>>
>>340851201
>All of those games are fucking boring by todays standards.
They're not exactly industry shattering genre wise but I don't see how that makes them boring.
>>
>>340849306
The ArmA series plays off of PC's merits, with its complex controls, ass-busting system requirements and requirement of having a very good community integration, one that simply cannot be achieved with the backwards and anti-user interfaces of consoles. Look at all the faggot realism clans and tell me that would ever be possible with consoles.

Another good example would be AA games. Games that have decent graphics and pretty good gameplay. Most RTSes that come out these days, most of what's being featured in OP, such as Insurgency: Sandstorm, and Squad, for instance. These are games that appeal to a fairly large niche and simply don't have millions of dollars to spend on mass-marketing. While Insurgency:Sandstorm is coming to consoles, Insurgency 2, the game that preceded it, was only possible on PC because of Steam and its easy distribution.

Proper modding is also only possible on PC. Just look at the tremendous failure that was Fallout 4 console mods to see that.
>>
>>340851451
> Best games I've ever played have been exclusives
And it would be bad for other people to play it on a different platform? Games would still exist without exclusivity, because developers still need to make MONEY. The best way to do that - MAKE GAMES. Or alternatively, take exclusivity cash from developers so that retards like you will spend $200 on a platform to play one game.

And a lot of people do go low-end because it's damn cheap, and PC has a lot of games with low system requirements - games that these people can play on a laptop from 2007.
>>
>>340851451
>I'm thinking of a full setup including peripherals.
That's still not $2000, even with a monitor.
>>
>>340851451
>I don't see the point of going low-end if I'm going to bother at all.
Becase even low-end still offers better quality than most consoles? This is a completely absurd statement, much like most of what you had said so far, in fact:
>PC are too expensive!
>Well, you don't have to buy too expensive stuff, but then I don't see the point!

>Not really, I just like good games.
Clearly, you don't. If you wanted to play good games, you would not defend a model that restricts you from playing good games made for other platforms.

>Best games I've ever played have been exclusives, usually first party.
And this is what we call a confirmation bias. If on your list of best games there has never been a multiplaform release or a PC game, your perception of what makes a game good clearly isn't objective. Your assumption that exclusive games are somehow inherently better is completely unwarranted and literally basically just states: Best games are defined by being restricted to the platform that I happened to chose.

Also, you just payed 200 bucks for the privilege of playing ONE game on a poor hardware, when the same game easily could be made (as we have seen with ports of Dark Souls) as a multiplat and easily make as much money (as we know Dark Souls games made tons of money across platforms).

The only reason why Bloodborne was exclusive is because that allowed them to sell it to you for 260 bucks instead of the normal 50.
You just got scammed out of 210 bucks that you never had to pay. Of course they'll go with exclusivity when cretins like you are so god-damn-easy to scam out of insane amounts of cash.
And THIS IS WHY WE ARE SO PISSED AT PEOPLE LIKE YOU. Because fucks like you are actually fighting people trying to save you from being exploited in this way.
This is beyond insane.
>>
Interested only if SEGA announces Bayonetta port on PC.
Played it on the PS3 and it was awful.
With the PS4 port not being anywhere in sight, I hope it comes out on the PC at least
>>
>Arma 3 Apex
It took them more than three YEARS to fix a single VOIP bug. And they think they deserve more money.
>>
>>340841987
>that
>exciting

Literally nothing but shit games in that list

What a joke
>>
>PC
>E3
When the fuck did this happen?
>>
>>340852129
>>And a lot of people do go low-end because it's damn cheap, and PC has a lot of games with low system requirements - games that these people can play on a laptop from 2007.

I know, I play a lot of these games.

>>340852152
Seriously? I thought the cards themselves that can handle it are like $600 minimum on their own. We talking like $1200? $1000?

>>340852165
When did I say that I only play on one platform? I've always owned multiple consoles. Their respective exclusives usually blew the multiplats away. PS2 especially. Then you had all the Sega titles that were only on Xbox.

Anyway, I'm genuinely sorry that I contributed to derailing this PC game show thread. I came in with good intentions involving learning about upcoming PC exclusive releases to gauge my interests in building another rig. I've always been a console-centric player, but with less and less exclusives, I'm turning more to multiplats, which are best on PC. I've never played the Serious Sam games at all and Chivalry looks dank, so I hope good shit gets announced regarding both of those.

Peace.
>>
Sorry, but if you think those games are something to be excited, you are only delusional.

I mea, last PC gaming show was totally boring shitfest that was even worse than Square Enix had.

I won't even watch this year, because there won't be literally single worthwhile announcement.
>>
>>340852710
>I thought the cards themselves that can handle it are like $600 minimum on their own
m8, a $350-$400 R9 390 can handle 1440p60 fine.
Hell, my 280x can hit 1440p60 on high settings in quite a few games.
Pic related.
>>
>>340841987
Only dawn of war 3 has even the potential of being exciting.
>>
>>340848827
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbrnPtybNd4
For anyone who hasn't seen it, looks fantastic.
>>
>>340853570
Other than having slightly better graphics, what core differences does this have to Warband?
>>
>>340849049
wish they would do something like that with a cowboy game.
>>
>>340853919
It looks like its essentially everything just suped up and made better. Apparently, there's an overarching story about the Empire (Roman) of Calradia collapsing, and the factions from Warband uprising as broken countries. The diplomacy system is a lot more indepth, with Lords having Clans that they have influence over, and you being able to kill lords and set clan wars by being a little shit.

As far as the actual gameplay, it looks like its a bit more intricate to keep an army up, the units are a lot more customizable, the actual fighting and stuff looks like a much more improved Warband with better physics (in that video, they show a calvary charge against infantry and it looks great). And there's custom weapons and shit you can craft to suit you.

Also, apparently sieging is getting a massive improvement with catapults and trebuchets.
>>
File: 1402023808623.gif (1 MB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
1402023808623.gif
1 MB, 245x184
>>340841987
>2 slashy FPS games
>4 shooty FPS games, three of which are more "tacticool" shit
>and an RTS that's been in development hell for 5 years

The only thing I'm even remotely interested in is DoW3.
>>
File: 1451916344087.jpg (20 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1451916344087.jpg
20 KB, 720x405
Man that PC show was so bad last year.
>>
>>340851147
I get this sentiment. I want games to essentially be like movies. 'My one DVD player,' not the cinematic style of games.
I want to be able to play my games on any platform.
I also get where this other guy is coming from, but it's obviously skewed. games as a whole wouldn't be where they are now if it weren't dedicated gaming machines competing for market space. There's a bigger stake then 'I need to make a better game.' And sometimes hardware limitations can inspire much more interesting game design as a whole. But I think it's completely unnecessary now. Nintendo could easily just run a steam like platform on PC if they necessitate the need to control their games space. And same for the other two big publishers. And that's only if they must carry on the level of competition held by competing hardware is necessary, which I personally disagree with because as someone else pointed out, at this point just trying to have your game beat out another is enough. The only personal conflict I have left is the way we're moving towards digital distrubution which I think limits the potentially of controllers. Capcom wouldn't try to make a steel battalion controller, they'd just let you bind everything to a keyboard. But that's just me being pessimistic, I'm certain that any developer who had the intentions of being unorthodox with a control scheme could figure it out.
>>
>>340841987
Chivalry with magic is just a really shit Overwatch clone. It even has payload.
>>
>some plebs are not excited about Bannerlord
Wtf /v/?I tought you had good taste in vidya.
>>
>>340854552
most neo vee today are only excited for AAA trashes
>>
>>340845978
>I love the circlejerk over hating on Ubisoft there while they ignore other companies that pull the same shit:
If a thread is about Ubisoft shitting the bed why would you try to derail it to another company's misdoings?
>>
>>340841987
SS2 and 3 was dogshit compared to Second Encounter so I don't have much hopes.
>>
>>340852669
last year
PC is so good that it can invade ConsoleFest
Last year was a bit boring, hope they learned from last year and make it bit more exciting this year.
>>
File: 1445102123733.jpg (34 KB, 552x800) Image search: [Google]
1445102123733.jpg
34 KB, 552x800
Exlusives in the last 4 months:

PS4:

Uncharted
Ratchet&Clank

PC:

Black Desert
Battlefield Gothic Armada
Grim Dawn
HOI 4
Stellaris
TW:Warhammer
XCOM2
The Banner Saga 2

+ several hundred more (factorio, stardew valley, ashes of the singularity etc.etc.

L M A O
>>
>>340841987
>ARMA 3 Apex

Very interested to see what Bohemia does, as well as any DayZ news.
>>
>>340855252
xcom & tbs2 actually come to console later, but still those are pc centric games.
>>
>>340841987

Serious Sam 4

>Start game
>LE HORDE
>Open map
>LE HORDE
>Go to options
>LE HORDE
>Change gun
>LE HORDE
>Switch from single to full auto
>LE HORDE
>Press button
>LE HORDE
>Fight someone
>LE HORDE
>Kill someone
>LE HORDE
>Le kill le horde
>LE HORDE
>Move to second floor
>LE HORDE
>Peep through a window
>LE HORDE
>Save game
>LE HORDE
>Exit game
>LE HORDE
>Uninstall game
>LE HORDE

Yeah nice graphics though

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
>Already confirmed for not having PB
>good
>Already confirmed for not having the stupid shoehorned rpg/xp system
>good
>Still Tripwire and stupid decision may still happen

Hoping for having big fucking maps and not something big on which you are forced to fight on tiny portions of it

Dawn of War 3

It's fucking nothing

Mount & Blade: Bannerlord

>Upgrade muh horse

It's fucking nothing

Arma 3 Apex

All that shit will be wasted cause people only plays KOTH and that other crap on which you have to gain xp and whatnot to be something

Chivalry Sequel with magic

Worry not community will drive away everyone

Insurgency: Sandstorm

>Small maps no vehicles
>le e-sports shoehorned in

It's fucking nothing
>>
>>340852710
>When did I say that I only play on one platform? I've always owned multiple consoles
In that case, you have spend more on gaming hardware than I had over the last generation, which is ironic considering that I had a PC with specs well above all of the existing consoles for the entirety of the time.

In other words: YOU JUST GOT SCAMMED OUT OF ANOTHER 200-300 HUNDRED DOLLARS for having LOWER PERFORMANCE MACHINE than I had. And you defend that: you literally defend this practice.
Based on an absurd and false claim that exclusives are magically always better games than multiplats or PC games.
This whole thread, you have been here arguing for the right and benefit of paying almost twice the price for 70% of the quality. Congratz. You are an absolute, irredeemable cretin.
>>
>>340855252
>2014 game
>multiplats
>indie shit that don't even require gaming PC

PC is dead
>>
>>340855895
Nah, I got the consoles because they actually had the games I wanted, which ended up being better than any multiplats I played. Hell, I was sorry I didn't get a PS3 sooner, as I ended up loving Demon's Souls.

This doesn't hold as true today. The Xbone's exclusives are pretty shit, so I didn't bother with getting one. I don't really care for the Wii U's offerings. Only the PS4 this gen has been worth it for me.

I really don't care how high performance the machine is if it can't play the games I want. I can spend as much as I like on a PC, I won't be able to play Bloodborne.
>>
>>340855895
>>340856542
Also, how would you even know how good those exclusives were? You didn't play them. I played the multiplats as well as the exclusives. You just played the multiplats. Thus, your opinion on the matter isn't even fucking valid.
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.