[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starsector
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: DoomShipIcon.png (77 KB, 240x300) Image search: [Google]
DoomShipIcon.png
77 KB, 240x300
Thinly veiled Starsector thread

Do people still play this?
>>
How is this veiled at all?

Anyway, Planetary Surveys incoming.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/2016/06/09/planetary-surveys/
>>
>>340841970
And outposts/industry pretty much confirmed for the next big update.
>>
>Tiandong update never

But it finally did update, about fucking time.
>>
>>340842451

Well but we still have.

>Approlight (English) update never

Seems like they nerfed and balanced it now too.
>>
>>340842127
Never Ever
>>
>>340842127
Never Ever
>>
>>340842543

Exigency, now that one is a true Never Ever.
>>
>>340841416
When the fuck is Messy gonna fucking update? I want those 70+ new waifus. The general died days before the update. Did the fucker left?
>>
>>340842543
I'll believe it when I see it tho
>>
What are the essential mods these days?
>>
>>340844438
Heh, all of them?
>>
>>340844438
But more seriously, almost everything that is up to date is pretty good, with only a couple of exceptions (I can't stand ORI for example)
>>
>>340844438
Even SS+ is kinda back
>>
>>340844937
Is it? I thought it split into 3.
>>
>>340845095
The split parts were the content stuff (pirates, ships and weapons, IBBs) or the new mechanics (DynaSector)

SS+ is about the modifications to the core vanilla mechanics, like skills and weapons re-balancing, the ships limit soft cap, the officers dying, that kind of stuff.
>>
Man imagine if this game's combat was tacked onto something like stellaris.
>>
>>340845617
Not sure about this. They are both great games, but the amount of micro-management required by Starsector's combat could become bothersome in a large empire. (also you would need a hell of a computer if you want to run them in real time everywhere on the map)
>>
This thread was really made at the wrong time of day, well here is to hoping it is still going later.

If not, it should be recreated at a more optimal time of day sometime.
>>
>>340846180
It would have to be more of an RTT/RTS than it already is but it could be done.
>>
>>340848029
Not with Java it won't lol
>>
>>340847492
Apparently, it won't last that long.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.