[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a greater GTA antagonist than Devin Weston
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: Devin_cara.jpg (14 KB, 363x508) Image search: [Google]
Devin_cara.jpg
14 KB, 363x508
Name a greater GTA antagonist than Devin Weston
>>
Lance
>>
Tenpenny
>>
>>340840879
who?
>>
>>340842505
LANCE

VANCE

DANCE
>>
Catalina
>>
>>340842505
LANCE

VANCE

DANCE
>>
File: image.jpg (328 KB, 1000x1294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
328 KB, 1000x1294
>>340842761
Gunna be the last dance for lance Vance
>>
He was a fun character but didn't work as an antagonist because he didn't really antagonize the player enough throughout the game.

Take Dimitri from GTA IV... he was a pain in your ass for the entire game. Weston, on the other hand, was actually someone you worked for up until the last few missions.

God, GTA Vs script was such a mess...
>>
dimitri
vlad
the FIB guy
karen
like, literally any character that had any development whatsoever and wasnt just "manic rich eccentric who decided he doesnt like you anymore"
>>
>>340842910
>tfw Tommy is your favorite GTA main character to this day

CJ was cool and all but Tommy is GOAT with that fucking shirt
>>
>>340840879
my 6 year old niece. i mean come on, devin was terrible. and forgettable.
>>
>>340843046
>tfw gta 3, VC and SA are all unplayable messes now after playing IV and V so much
>>
Iv played through GTA V and I dont remember what he did. I dont really remember any of the characters that were suppose to be villains.
>>
>>340843020
It tried to be so many things at once and workforce can only do so much, San Andreas was lightning in a bottle, with V things were dropped as soon as they were mentioned and most gameplay elements like stealth or weapon mods were near cosmetic
>>
>>340843124
VC and SA are perfectly serviceabe. 3 is the boring mess.
>>
GTA villains suck dick.
>>
simion
>>
File: 1458837048347.gif (650 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1458837048347.gif
650 KB, 200x150
>>340843124
>want to replay Vice City
>remember you can't move and aim/shoot at the same time
>>
>>340843201
3 is bliss you jaded faggot, just because every GTA is better than the last one changes nothing about the games themselves
Chatterbox GOAT radio station
>>
>>340840879

Devin Weston barely qualifies as an antagonist. The first time he really wrongs the player is when he refuses to pay Franklin for getting the cars, which is a significant way into the game's length. And even after this, Michael says "You know, investing that money might be a good idea.

Devin's antagonist status is solidified when he steals the film from Solomon and finally sends gunmen to Michael's house, but again, this is so far into the game that it almost feels cheap to call him an antagonist. To actually set him up as the FINAL person you kill during Ending C was a poor decision in my opinion.

I personally was not satisfied with any of the endings in GTA V. They all felt pretty abrupt. The climax of the game is The Big Score, so in my opinion they should have found a way to tie that into the ending.
>>
>>340843316
whatever you say, nostalgia-ridden faggot
>>
>>340843041

was the FIB guy really an antagonist? i mean yeah he was forcing niko to do government work for him, but he seemed like a pretty sweet character that had good intentions. the game certainly made you understand his point of view and he's the one who helps find darko.
>>
>>340843604
i meant the one in V, the cunt that works with dave or whatever. they're all so unmemorable, was he not FIB? i know he had a Cops spoof on the in-game television
>>
He wasn't really an antagonist, but

Mike Toreno
>>
>>340843731
Steve Haines, he was FIB.
>>
Samuel L Jackson cop man
>>
File: 96799806.jpg (38 KB, 625x351) Image search: [Google]
96799806.jpg
38 KB, 625x351
Devin Weston was the most boring, weak, hipster, leftist, idiot of a villian, i haver ever seen in a videogame.

>HURR I'M MULTIMILLION DOLARS RICH
>I WON'T PAY YOU HURR
>DERPA Y U WANNA KILL ME???
>HURR PLS NO BULLY

Worst excuse of a final mission in my eyes.
>>
Faustin should have been the antagonist of IV.
>>
>>340840879
Are you joking? The dude was completely bland. Total waste of a character.
>>
>>340843731
Devin Weston and that Haines guy are the same archetype of character, aren't they?
>>
>>340844803

The worst part is the crazy murder killers do like 5 jobs that involve killing hundreds and starting civil wars with the military and never just decide fuck it lets kill the one cunt he is making all of our lives a living hell. at least niko was being black mailed, here they just go with it and get strong armed for some odd reason.
>>
>>340844840

DON'T TELL ME TO FUCKING CALM
>>
File: DimitriRascalov-GTAIV.jpg (44 KB, 462x624) Image search: [Google]
DimitriRascalov-GTAIV.jpg
44 KB, 462x624
>backstabs everyone he comes across
>burns down Roman's apartment and business
>captures and beats Roman to a pulp
>actually sends it to Niko
>is a cunt to everyone he comes across

Name me one GTA character who is worse than Dimitri
>>
Perogie ftw
>>
Jimmy Pegorino*
>>
>>340843265
You can with pistols.
>>
>>340847323
Also drive-by shooting is possible with submachine guns.
>>
Steve was more of a memorable villain.

A lot of the characters in GTAV were forced in as fuck.
>>
Here's a challenge, what did Stretch do to you in GTA V without searching it up?

Now he was unmemorable.
>>
Literally anyone. There were supposedly multiple antagonists in V and every one was completely unmemorable.
>>
File: MikhailFaustin-GTAIV.jpg (52 KB, 828x715) Image search: [Google]
MikhailFaustin-GTAIV.jpg
52 KB, 828x715
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjx5D6yz0mU

GTA IV is better in every fucking way.
>>
>>340847598
He was in the first few tutorial missions for Franklin. Right?
>>
>>340847598
He sold you out to the Ballas.
>>
>>340847598
A bitchnigga who got turned out in prison and tried to set you up. I havent played the game since it came out in 2013.
>>
>>340847786
Truth is I don't even fucking remember, all I remember him doing is killing that one Ballas member in that warehouse shooting mission and than somehow betraying you in whatever mission and Michael killing him in the last mission.

That guy was fucking pointless, literally only there so we can have a gangbanger as a villain. A far cry from Big Smoke and Ryder.
>>
>>340843149
literally the only thing he did to upset trevor and franklin was say that he'd pay them for the car collection later
>>
>>340847598
who?
>>
>>340847751
you're so wrong
>>
>>340847598
Yeah, but he wasn't the main villain. Do you remeber Dardan in IV without looking him up?
>>
>>340840879
He's definetly the most funny one.
>>
>>340848642
yup. and for some reason not even lolsorandom trevor pulled out a gun and shot him on the spot. like you do the entire rest of the game. gta5's story was shit.
>>
>>340849136
Yes, you break his arm in the cab depot and later he beats up Roman in the basketball course, then you chase him and ultimately stab him with his own knife (probably)
>MOTHERFUCKER STAY AWAY
GTA IV's story was heaps better than V
>>
>>340849136
>but he wasn't the main villain

But hes one of the final "bosses", and hes technically is the final boss for Franklin's perspective story.
>>
you first meet weston as he leaves the fib torture chamber, right? what the fuck was he doing there
>>
>>340849414

Does not matter because either are great to be begin with.
>>
Officer Tenpenny
>>
>>340847598
>It's physics. You get what you give
>So you've been getting dick, but you ain't been giving it, huh?
>>
>>340849701
The one cutscene where he punches you in the gut makes no sense if you have a buff CJ.
>>
>>340846237

He was a fine character but an awful person.
>>
>>340849516
Doesn't make him the main villain.
>>
>>340843316
3 has the best soundtrack but the police and constant aggro from everyone while roaming around is worst than anything ever
>>
>>340849786
The game doesn't have pre rendered cutscenes, other than the very first one
>>
>>340849878
San Andreas has the best soundtrack
>>
>>340849878
>3 has the best soundtrack
wtf am i reading.
>>
>>340840879
BIG SMOKE
>>
>>340850045
Also Vice City
>>
>>340849786
there's an actual fan theory that during that cutscene he was just pretending to be retarded
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.