[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
oldfag here i have a stupid question: what is the game with the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 1454888814422.jpg (14 KB, 320x246) Image search: [Google]
1454888814422.jpg
14 KB, 320x246
oldfag here
i have a stupid question:
what is the game with the BEST graphics on PC right now?
i am just looking for the current GPU frier

i know skyrim + mods looks insanely good, but that is years old, so i am not too sure that it is still the 'golden standard'
>>
>modded The Witcher 3
>Ryse
>Next gent Asscreeds
>modded gta V
>Arkham Knight
>Lords of the Fallen
>Shadow Warrior

Most games with good graphics are actually pretty much shit, OP
>>
>>340834659
Depends on what you're looking for. As far as pure technology and resources something like a maxed out ArmA 3 is pretty amazing, but it's not as visually pleasing as something like the Witcher 3.
>>
>>340834659
>oldfag here
It's old fag, old man.
I'd say the Witcher 3

>>340835108
Hang yourself.
>>
>>340834659
still crysis
>>
>>340835431
im sorry i triggered you
>>
>>340834659
Ask myself the same, for years crysis was the benchmark for new graficcards, then came metro, and now everything ist supposed to be equally great looking.
>>
the thing is that, during a lot of years, doom 3 was the standard in terms of frying your PC

also Silent Hill 2 comes to mind, in how well it has aged over the years

right now i only see sandox games, where graphics are not that good, for muh city experience

i want top graphics, fuck

doom 2016 looks decent, but being a consolized, it looks like a 2010 title
>>
>>340834659
>>340835679
Forgot Metro Last Light remastered/definitive/whatever the fuck it's called is pretty incredible graphically on PC as well
>>
>>340835742
the original has better graphics.
>>
>>340834659
DOOM perhaps?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG_riN4mZj8
>>
>>340834659
RuneScape
>>
>>340835258
>>Shadow Warrior
that is right, i already played it and it looked great
really hyped for the new one

>>340835485
>still crysis
i was afraid that would be the only answer

>>340835802
looks neat, but it looks limited by the console editions cap

i need to play the witcher series
>>
>>340836019
Witcher 1 and 2 look pretty good imo.

3 would have been fantastic without the downgrade but because of it, it's more like Modded Skyrim with good art direction.
>>
Isn't it the Witcher 3 you fucks?

But yeah, there is no golden standard anymore, all games have kinda caught up. Rise of Tomb Raider, Dark Souls 3 or whatever, everything same shit.

I don't know, Star Citizen and that medieval simulator are supposed to be insane too.
>>
>everybody forgets about AYYLMAO
it is pretty and toaster friendly
>>
>>340836343
I forgot about that game, shit was simultaneously comfy and intense as fuck. Dragged on a little too long though
>>
Witcher 3 with mods.
>>
>>340834659
I'd say one is Killing Floor 2.

Max settings look pretty great and you can edit the config to increase the amount of dead bodies and gibs/blood that lingers. This alone pretty much makes the game limitless in how demanding it can be.

Note that the screenshot isn't of max.
>>
>>340834659
>oldfag
>asks /v/ for help

an oldfag would know better, summerfriend
>>
>>340836530
>>
>>340836579
He meant old fag.
>>
>>340836579
as i already said, i have been frying using a doom 3 pan, or a crysis oven

but i don't know about new ways of deepfrying

well arkham knight i guess, but that was not too demanding
>>
File: trashteirUI.jpg (166 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
trashteirUI.jpg
166 KB, 1920x1080
I'm not sure which one is the best, but the ones that stick out in my mind are

The Witcher 3
>Yeah, yeah, downgrade meme; however, I honestly think they had changed the lighting or did something with the graphics since the release, I remember not being pleased with them when it came out, but I've recently been playing through it and it's fucking gorgeous, even by current year standards.

Hitman™
>It looks exceptional, the fact that all of the missions are small and focused, means that the developers have seemingly tweaked the lighting for every level, so the game consistently looks amazing between different levels. Also, it's amazing detail-wise. A lot of work went in to make every storefront look unique.

The Division
>Game is a meme, but every goddamn part of Manhattan looks not only gorgeous, but distinct as well. Usually I find games look good either in huge open areas or in small, confined spaces; not both. Memevision surprised me by looking jawdropping in both. To prove my point, photo related is a totally random building in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, Manhattan that just happens to be there; there's no mission or baddies in it, but it still looks incredibly detailed.
>>
File: okami.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
okami.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>340837569
This is a paid shill.

All three of those games look last-gen as fuck.
>>
>2016
>crysis 3 still best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSNYxjU1wTI
>>
>>340836530
Killing Floor 2 looks great yeah but it's boring as fuck

Early Access was a mistake

It's Payday 2 tier nothingness
>>
Battlefield 1 has best graphics currently on Ultra.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.