[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How amazing is this game /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 14
How amazing is this game /v/?
>>
>>340833980
>>340833980
pirated it
too many things to click on not enough tutorials
deleted it
>>
>>340834032
The problem here is depth. What people call depth, I call design flaw.

This - like all Paradox games - is a game for accountants. People who don't mind going through endless rows and columns of random numbers, and get excited changing fractions. For others, this is an unpenetrable wall of analysis/ paralysis. As a famous game developer said in his GDC talk "Choices for players are great. Choices for developers are indecisions". Throwing non-essential data dumps at players is bad game design. Reducing data to relevant information, limiting the choices a player has to deal with, in the beginning, wouldn't take anything away from the depth of the Clausewitz engine. Yet, those Duders in Sweden are all 'locked-in', stuck in that Stockholm syndrom, just like their fans.

New players. Being accessible. Two nuts, they have not cracked. They don't know how to.

It will be interesting to watch how well their recent attempt to expand to the Chinese market will turn out.
>>
if its anything like hoi3 it will lack Replay value comparative to their other titles.
>>
>>340834135
>New players. Being accessible. Two nuts, they have not cracked.
I know this is pasta but I pirated Stellaris, it broke me in gently and so I bought it. Really like it as well.
>>
>>340834135

They've essentially succeeded in making their last two games(HoI4 and Stellaris) simple enough that even a complete retard like you could handle it.

Personally, EU4 was the perfect in-between but apparently you people are too fucking stupid even for that so we need games that essentially play out exactly the same and don't offer a lot of freedom anymore because according to fucking morons its "bad game design" to have it.
>>
>>340834135
No, hearts of iron should he about tactical and strategic depth, and a modded HOI III delivers on that. This is simple,shallow trash, to call it hard to get in to is laughable. It's like a mobile game, a step backwards on the formula
>>
>>340834479
>>340834506
I just marathoned Soviet Storm so I really want to get into this you nigger autists. All it needs is a fairly robust tutorial.
>>
>>340834713

If Stellaris or HoI4 require a tutorial and seem hard to you then I recommend this strategy game, it's a bit more on your level.

http://armorgames.com/play/2267/warfare-1917
>>
>>340833980
>drawbattlelines: the game

Too fucking simplistic
>>
>>340833980
HOI3 was better
>>
the important question is, has naval combat been improved?
>>
>>340833980
Late War runs like ass.
>>
>>340834135
>This - like all Paradox games - is a game for accountants
Have you even played a paradox game? And god you sound pretentious. Really if you are too much of a moron to figure out games like EU4 or Stellaris then you really don't get to sound this pretentious or have an opinion for that matter.
>>
>>340835446
Yes, but mainly because production has been improved
>>
WHY RELEASE TWO GAMES AROUND THE SAME TIME AND PISS EVERYONE OFF WITH THE UNFINISHED SHIT RATHER THAN RELEASE THEM FURTHER APART AND MORE COMPLETE?
>>
I enjoy it though I admit it is flawed. However I have trust in that paradox will fix them and make the game even more enjoyable, they are always very committed to their products. Even if it is trough expensive overpriced dlc which I will still gobble up like the little paradox slut I am.
>>
>>340835985
I don't think they could delay HoI4 any further, it was already so pushed back
>>
>>340835321
HoI3 was railroaded garbage.
>>
>>340834713
Pirate Hearts of Iron 4 and try your best to get an understanding of it.

Trust me it will take a while to get a hang of the game. Depending on how fast you pick things up you will have to restart campaigns for messing up or what not.

I suggest starting out as Italy so it forces you to be on the offense and to get rid of any turtling habits like a lot of early players have a tendency to do in strategy games.

Watch lets plays of other people playing and get an idea on how to play.

It takes a lot of patience.
>>
If they added an actual AI it might be alright. At this time if you have any understanding of the game you can beat the AI anyday with a small nation. The system is simplistic and streamlined, someday it might be an alright multiplayer. But if you want a deep WW2 GSG go with an earlier version HOI. This is a step down in depth, but is more streamlined, if paradox could do AI it may be a fun game in the future.
>>
Things hearts of Iron 3 does better.
>Division Design
>Performance in comparison to IV
>better tech trees
>Combat had more meaning
>Ai is much better
Hearts of Iron 4
>Ability to design specific things like tanks or planes
>Better production modules
>Resources and strategic points place more importance.
>>
>>340836847
HOI4's tech tree is better, how tech slots worked in HOI3 and the amount of bloat in the tree were both bad.
>>
>>340837123
I agree on that part but its a bit more streamlined on what you can do.

Managing leadership with diplomacy,officers and research becomes a pain in the ass at times as well.

Even it was a little bloated. There was a lot more you can do.
>>
File: 1446633813775.jpg (119 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1446633813775.jpg
119 KB, 500x390
It's average, UI needs an extreme amount of improvement. AI does weird shit half the time

>playing Nationalist Spain
>Madrid front stalemate
>I have massive gains along East Coast
>AI abandons Madrid and moves south

Literally lost him the war, If he'd held Madrid longer my offensive would have ended and I'd be on the back foot. What a hollow victory
>>
>>340834135
>New players. Being accessible. Two nuts, they have not cracked. They don't know how to
Stellaris is so easy anyone can pick up and play, so no, you're wrong
>>
Total shit compared to EU 3.
Same thing happening to every Paradox game. I dont know why they keep dumbing down their games.
>>
>>340836431
Holy shit, this. Paradox games have so much potential - but they all suffer from the same shit: god, fucking, awful AI. You'd think they would have made it better by now - but no, they just choose to hide it in different ways.

Whether you're micromanaging rebels in your sphered countries in Vicky 2, or cheesing your way through an incompetent Germany in HoI, it all comes down to the fact that there is at least one element of these games that let's you see through the flashy smoke and mirrors, and see the stupid, inept man behind the console.
>>
>>340834135
but hoi4 is extremely simplified compared to 3
>>
>>340837598
Kek.
EU 4, Stellaris, CK2, HoI 4 are total newfag cancer as hell and easy games. I get it, you're a fucking idiot, but still. Try the older ones in the series and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>340838548
Learn to read

Also for the record, I find all the older paradox games to also be hugely casual and easy.
>>
>>340838607
Yeah. Quoted wrong guy, meant the guy you also quoted. Sausagefingers, toilet, phone etc.

Diplomaat best game. Gib sum better GS games please
>>
>buy hoi4
>start up game
>music starts playing
>think of all the atrocities that took place in ww2
>start crying at loading screen
>exit game
>ask for refund

can't do it guys. i think this game is just too close historically for me to enjoy it.
>>
File: 1455527516014.png (20 KB, 100x114) Image search: [Google]
1455527516014.png
20 KB, 100x114
>>340838905
>>
>>340838548
I agree but I still kinda like CK2. I mean it's pretty easy but the RPG mechanics are a fairly unique feature and trying to create an absolute super-human heir through crossbredding is somethingt not a lot of games offer you.
I really can't say what it is but something about CK2 always felt very different and better than EU4, even though they are bothe pretty easy, both in learning how to play them and in sheer in-game difficulty.
That beeing said I recently tried EU4 with M&T and it's pretty enjoyable, even hough some events and claims are a bit wonky and it runs like ass.
>>
>>340834479
Pmt.
>>
How simplified is it?
>>
>>340842286
It's simplified in different ways from HoI3. 3 felt very railroaded and there wasn't much room for different WW2 outcomes. The diplomacy was very weak and division design was super simple. It was also impossible to increase research capacity as certain countries despite the fast leap forward in tech even small countries like Canada and Australia achieved.

HoI4 has better diplomacy, more room to take the war in ahistorical ways, more freedom with your country's politics and an interesting post war peace conference. Even if it does lead to things like Yugoslavia taking fucking pacific islands it can be improved upon.

4 has a more simplified tech tree that needs to be expanded upon in a few different areas. For instance, the last serious infantry equipment upgrade is in 1942 what the fuck. For a game that runs until 1949 this is retarded. There seem to be fewer provinces overall so warfare is a little simpler and supply problems are basically nonexistent except in extreme cases. There are also fewer political parties in different countries overall. Having only 4 parties representing democratic, facist, communist and unaligned is a little too simplified. Having the democracies be split among things like right and left would represent the influence communist and facist parties can have on politics since they are very unified fronts. Since they are very unified this let them take over a country's politics because the democratic parties were too busy arguing among themselves.

Also, major nations such as Canada and China have the same simplistic national focus trees as Czechoslovakia. This needs to be changed.

I like HoI4 but right now it's very unpolished and needs fixing.
>>
>>340838905
Reading this shit gave me cancer and AIDS
>>
>>340838349
>I dont know why they keep dumbing down their games.
Because it sells.

See : Stellaris.
>>
>>340843983
>Also, major nations such as Canada and China have the same simplistic national focus trees as Czechoslovakia. This needs to be changed.

I can't wait for a year or so to pass and people will have modded in unique focus trees for every non-microstate.
>>
>>340844342
Can't wait for the inevitable Neo Mongolian Khanate and taking over the steppes once again
>>
>>340833980
tedious singleplayer with braindead ai and garbage political dynamics

amazing multiplayer though
>>
>>340843983
>I like HoI4 but right now it's very unpolished and needs fixing.
Paradox continuing their proud tradition of DLC mini expansion packs.
>>
My biggest beef is with the U.K.

>The U.K. and their five allies (Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, and the British Raj) throughout the world, that will land as many naval invasions as they possibly can on your border, even if it looks like they will never win it.
>Want to play as Ireland? History declares they know absolute shit about military due to their independence period, so you're completely barebones from the start. Tanks? Airplanes? Ships? What the fuck are those? Want to play as fascist Ireland and try to take over the U.K.? Shit outta luck, brev, because everyone in the world with Anglo-Saxon blood in their bodies is going to try and re-incorporate you back into the U.K.
>Oh, you want to play an Axis power? Better watch out for naval invasions up the ass.
>You want to rule the seas? Every British seaman's already scouring every inch of water to rule over it.
>Hell, the Allies don't even need the U.S., if ANZSACI is everywhere.

Game's got good soundtrack and history, though.
>>
>>340843983
Peace conferences are an interesting idea with shit execution. I keep getting peace conferences where Japan annexes Greece or the Soviet Union absorbs Kyoto or something. None of that makes any sense, Japan has no reason to want Greece and they couldn't hold it anyway. Italy would make more sense if anyone but the AI decides to demand Florida instead. The Soviets would never annex Japanese territory because it was occupied by the US. Yet in this game they're on the "same side" so it's totally fine? Yeah, no.

It makes no sense really, there needs to be a point penalty for demanding territories distant from your borders, and there also needs to be a "historical" option like for the focus trees where countries only annex provinces they have some claim to or want to colonize. It needs to be waaay more logical. I can understand alt history stuff like "what if Germany was totally balkanized" or "what if Japan demanded Alaska in a peace conference" but come on now. Japanese Crete is just going too far.
>>
Game greeted me with some bullshit text about how giraffes aren't trustworthy or something. What does it mean?
>>
>>340846067
well desu senpai it would be inaccurate if the british navy could get wrecked by say the Italian navy

you can contest the british navy as Germany and Italy but it's got to be a team effort and that has to be your literal goal in the game
>>
>>340846067
Well, that was the concern in real life, too. Germany was fighting a losing battle for the seas due to their limited coastline and weak naval traditions.

Also, why wouldn't you expect the Allies to fuck your ass 5 ways from Sunday as Facist Ireland invading England? Ireland isn't even close to as powerful as Canada so realistically you'd get fucked 1v1 versus them let alone the Commonwealth.
>>
>>340846346
Yeah, that's my issue with it. Republican Spain getting Austria as a puppet nation? Come on now, that's just retarded. What I've found is that it's best to get into a peace conference, quit and load the autosave for it since if you try it again the AI seems to have slightly more historical goals.

It's still fucking retarded in a lot of cases, though.
>>
>>340846346
This game needs way more historical plausibility in general. If I form Fascist New Zealand why the fuck is it called the Great Kiwi Empire. That's not even funny it's just dumb and unprofessional for a game that's supposed to be history related. I know there's a mod that fixes the stupid names but still.
>>
>>340847509
AHAHAHAHA, that's fucking great
>>
I'm impressed they got the president of my third world country right. Even got the right accents on his name.
>>
>>340838548

At least CK2 is fun, which Stellaris, HoI4 and EU4 isn't.

The best Paradox game in history is still Victoria II though. Pure perfection.
>>
>>340846643

The German navy was shit, and Raeder was a fucking idiot who went convoy hunting with the biggest ships in the fleet because he was envious of Dönitz.
>>
>>340848390
>mfw babies who have only played CK2 can't handle Vicky 2

Anyway, how is HOI4 compared to 4? Is it worth playing, or is the Darkest Hour still superior?
>>
>>340848390
t. liquor-lord
>>
>>340848661

Darkest Hour is miles superior. HoI4 has some decent ideas. The tech tree is nicer, and the naval combat is far better and not an eternal tedium to deal with.

For what it gains in a nicer production system and a better tech tree, it's not enough. The complete removal of the order of battle or strategic unit positioning, and the fact that you end up having the AI be retarded with the battle plan feature makes the game not a good war simulation at all. While HoI3 was railroaded to fuck, at least it was a pretty good strategic war simulation with a decent AI.

Darkest Hour is still the pinnacle of the series though. Absolutely fantastic.

>>340848727

Don't talk shit about muh liquour factories
>>
>>340833980
Classic Paradox game:
Extremely simple if you read few tutorials in the net or played previous parts
No idea what the fuck to do if this is your first contact with any of their titles.

Game-specific
I fucking love the autistic detail of producing gear for your troops, it's literally perfect... but where is ammo? And gas?
Logistics went from somewhat interesting in HoI3 to arcade bullshit
AI is improved, but never, ever try to help it - it will instantly crumble if some new elements will be added
Land lease, expeditionary forces and volounteers are GOLDEN
The ship building system is... so-so. You have ZERO impact on how it goes, aside asigning more docks, and it's pretty abstract. Sure, you can build rifles in 15 different factories, but building single battlecruiser in 15 different shipyards spread over half of the globe? Also, there is no gearing bonus for running series of ships, so this is bullshit in general. I want my subs getting gearing bonus for churming up 50 of them in a row. Instead it's just better to build 10 of them at the same time
Air units... I like the way they are build and handled, I fucking hate the system for air domination and air combat in general.
Research lacks variety.
Repair is shit.
Trade is shit and the fact there is no resource stockpile is just fucking retarded
Division between civilian and military factories is pretty good.
All nations need more suited foci, but this will be probably main DLC content
I like the concept of unit models, but it's pretty badly implemented and handled.
Mana at least make some sense this time.

>TBC
>>
>>340849201
>Continuing
Now, since we are past the accounting:
It's so fucking easy to conquer everything and everyone it's fucking insulting. The game could be played by brain-dead person in the '39 start, since everything is already build and ready, with production lines set up to go. Fuck this shit.
Combat modifiers are now mostly invisible - WHY?! Why can't I no longer see what gives me what bonus in combat? I mean it was one of the basic elements of combat - listing all the modifiers for terrain, unit composition, commander skill and what not.
The difference between provinces and regions is mind-numbind during conquest, since you still need to hunt specific province for resources/airfields/whatnot
The system for naval combat is just plain bad. We are back to the "fastest average speed of navy wins" bullshit. I can literally just add few destroyers with maxed out speed to my fleet and suddenly unwinnable battle is a breeze, with all enemy ships sunk and zero casualities on my side.
Subs are too powerful at convoy raiding and absolutely useless for everything else.
Naval bombers are so insanely powerful a single, well-composed CAG can win you entire war
I get the idea for unit composition and I don't mind it eating your experience to re-allign them... but why support battalions cost exp too? Also, compared with gains of exp with required amounts to even re-align some basic unit composition means you need to fight all-out war with EVERYONE to get the exp needed for such basic thing like better composition of units. HoI3 wasn't perfect in this department too, but was much better.
Command structure is a joke and the whole "plan your conquest before it starts" is just badly implemented.

In short - HoI3 in vanilla state was much, much better game than vanilla HoI4 is. And the amount of things that are obviously left out from the game to put into DLCs is just open jewery.
>>
>>340836431
I agree
>>
its my first HoI4

i really dig the gameplay but it has flaws

UI is really a pain to deal with, performance lategame is ass , sometimes you fight more vs your own AI than the opponent

some other stuff is completely dumb, like the inability to adjust trading specific resources for example

and the fact that for some reason enemy forces can randomly wander through your territory
>>
>>340848930
>HoI3 with all expansions is still the pinnacle of the series though. Absolutely fantastic.
Here, FTFY

DH lacks provinces to conquest, logistics to use, proper gearing system, unit composition and makes it pretty much impossible to use encirclement manouvers that are standard for blitzkrieg due to lack of provinces to move on. It's basically over-glorified heavy modded HoI2 with bigger tech tree.
>>
>>340836431
Speaking of shit AI - I've conquered fucking Italy with Ethiopia. Took ages to finally get there, but after Crete, it was just piss easy
>>
>>340849707
But you are fighting against Shitalians.
Makes sense in a historic point of view :^)
>>
>>340849856
Um... let's put it into game terms
Italy
>6th industry in the game
>Starts with pretty decent navy
>Starts with one of the bigger armies of regular infantry (only Soviets and Japs got more)
>Starts with small, but still present airforce
>Put roughtly 2000 km away, secure from any raids or attacks I can pull before getting really advanced airforce
Ethiopia
>No industry other than free factories from foci, which in best case scenario will take 630 days to get
>No airforce
>No navy, hell, no port even
>Army containst SINGLE division and few batallions of badly equipped militia

Italians got at the game start more troops, gear and commanders in Somalia alone than Ethiopia can muster for next few months. And they can easily replace them, both with new units AND sending troops from home at no time.
So Shitalians or not, beating them in fucking Italy should be impossible. Pushing them out of SE Africa should be a deed by itself.
>>
File: hiyoko.png (103 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
hiyoko.png
103 KB, 480x280
So I started playing HoI 3 a few months ago, and like many people, it just seems plain confusing.

The mechanics looks really complex, and that's okay in my opinion, but at least make the tutorials more informative. HoI barely gave any tutorial to the player. I mean, when concepts were confusing back then, there were gigantic manuals to make up for it.

The tutorials were just not-hitler telking about things the player should know at first glance.

So I'm playing a game without no idea how shit works.

I mean, EU and Vicky and CK weren't this complicated. It's more of a turn off than a turn on.
>>
>>340850410
If you played the other grand strategies, then you shouldn't be that confused by HOI3. Its mostly just the UI. The only thing a bit confusing about it is supply chains.
>>
>>340850495
Nope, usually without going through the tutorial I figured out of all of those games work.

But not HoI. Been playing for hours and still dont know how 80% of anything works. Don't understand HQs especially, what is the use of that shit. They don't even explain it in game,
>>
>>340850847
Well, I never did any of the tutorials in any of them, so I couldn't testify to how decent they are, but I didn't have a ton of issue with HOI3.

But I would figure the wikis would be a thousand times more useful than the tutorials since they're the collaboration of years of experience.
>>
>>340850847
But what there is to figure out, really?
Build units
Send units against enemy
Keep pushing until they are out of units/you take most of their important provinces
Enemy surrenders

It's really, really simple. Start with Germany or Japan and try their historical route, it's piss easy to learn from that.
>>
>>340850847

HQs are pretty basic. They help with organisation and supplies, and you apply the bonuses of the leader for every existing HQ with diminishing returns. That means a corps HQ is more significant than the theater HQ for 5 divisions, but the theater HQ applies bonuses to every single division in the theater.
>>
>>340851595
That's strange, the wikis tell me they're useless and for AI use.

Because I can't change the settings of my theaters.
>>
>>340834135
>>340834032
compared to hoi3, hoi4 is for legitimate retards.
if you think hoi4 is deep then you should go throw yourself off a cliff desu
>>
>>340851929
What?

What wiki are you even reading?
Stick with this http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi3wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Everything is neatly explained and even if certain articles are outdated for fully patched game with all expansions, they are still more-or-less correct in broad terms. Chain of command didn't change a bit since introduced for example.
>>
>>340834135
Anon, the game has been lobotimised to bare minimum to be "accessable" for new players.

Guess what? It made the gameplay shit. And if you are seriously treating HoI4 as complex - shit son, what vidya do you usually play then?

Making GSG games accessable for new players is not an improvement. It's a step-down, because those games by default cater for specific type of players. An acocuntant that gets a boner from increasing some value by 0.25%
>>
>>340850410
Cheat

No, really. The best way to learn Paradox games is to openly cheat first few gameplays to learn the ropes. Give yourself superior tech at the game start and then just roll around. Out of resources? Well, then grant yourself some. In the meantime you will learn how to handle unit production and combat, what works how and what not to do.
Then cut out cheating and play as something powerful.
Then try any nation you want.

HoI is probably the easiest of all Paradox games, because it's basically "build units and conquer the world" game.
>>
>>340834506
God, if only HoI 3 had the production system of gear from HoI 4, it would be fucking perfect...
>>
ATTENTION: Everyone in this threads is stupid, except for me. If you're interested in any aspect of the game, go somewhere else.
>>
>>340834135
Good pasta. Although I wish people would stop replying to this.
>>
>>340850410
Play as Japan and never attack USA. You will learn how to command your army (since you start with pretty decent one), you will learn how to organise encirclements and most importantly - you will learn how terrain and infrastructure affects combat, since China comes with low infra and almost all possible terrains aside arctic.

Plus, the most important lesson - infantry is the king. Other types of units only exist to support it.
Yes, motorised and mechanised units still count as infantry, which only strenghtens its position as king
>>
>>340850410
Give yourself motorised units from the get-go. Cheat, edit file, do whatever you want, but simply start with motorised units.
Then build as many as possible, preferably with nothing to slow them down.

Here, I jsut won all wars for you.
>>
>>340833980
Playing as the baltic states is pure hell HoI4. Masochistic, but fun.
>>
It's shit for very single reason.
AI declares wars like mad, with ZERO preparations for them or ability to actually fight in them. At least Germany is locked out until it has sufficient army size to start the ball rolling. Japs usually are in all-out war with Chinese cliques, UK, Netherlands, USA and then adding Soviets to the roster for no other reason to be in all-out war on every possible front with enemies twice their size.

Happens every single fucking time, unles I'm the one playing as Japan.
>>
>>340847509
>laughing_australian_paradox_intern.jpg
>>
>>340852813
there is an easy way to do that anon, just play the strongest nations, it works for every game except CKII
>>
>>340854856
Yeah?
You can collapse fuckign British Empire in Vicky and Ricky if you don't know what you are doing/lacking funds/specific trade goods.
Or get steam-rolled by Poland in HoI 1-3 when trying to conquer it with Germans if you don't know what are you doing.
In EU 2 and 3 you are going to be in constant debt, no matter your size, if you don't know what the hell is going on.
>>
>>340854709
Australia also gets Empire of the Platypus
>>
File: 21893782921.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
21893782921.png
2 MB, 1600x900
The AI is broken. Sometimes Italy will leave the French border undefended when at war and instead opt to send hundreds of divisions to some random desert.
It's still pretty damn fun though.
>>
File: 13267741143.jpg (19 KB, 463x287) Image search: [Google]
13267741143.jpg
19 KB, 463x287
>>340847509
>>340855246
Paradox should really stop inserting memes in their games
>>
>>340855381
I've did an experiment with Ethiopia, since it always starts with war already.
Set up them with bunkers all over the border, level 2, 5, 8 and 10 to see AI actions.
Every fucking time Ethiopian AI started shuffling units from place to place, leaving half of the border open, just to transfer units on the other side of the country... and then turn them back.
If AI can't fucking organise static defense, then it's broken beyond repair
>>
>>340855246
>Platypus
>Not kangaroo
You had one job, Paradox
>>
>>340834135
>The problem here is depth. What people call depth, I call design flaw.

Nice poop post but for the wrong game. Hearts of Iron is one of the few ones where they've got the interface vaguely right and I've never seen any of this Excel shit in this game. Ck2 that would be a serious statement, HoI here: nope.

Now if you want to bitch try the lack of an adequate tutorial for new players. Can't they just find some neet tuber to do a dedicated official series, in-depth and brief
>>
>>340833980
Awful performance
Shit new army management systems

Terrible fucking confusing airforce management

God awful AI
The only redeeming feature is the ability to start civil wars
>>
File: 1412223806210.jpg (14 KB, 201x247) Image search: [Google]
1412223806210.jpg
14 KB, 201x247
Why does HOI 3 run on a potato at max speed 10 years into the game but HOI 4 runs like shit 4 years in when it has less than half the provinces and strategic depth?

I mean it can't only be the graphics right? CPU usage is through the fucking roof on this game.
>>
>>340849707
Did you really?
I heard it was impossible
>>
>>340833980
Is it true that you can pick your nation, side of the war, and your nation ideals?
>>
File: ebin.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ebin.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>340846346
I agree, I mean look at this
>>
File: 1435969422694.png (180 KB, 441x370) Image search: [Google]
1435969422694.png
180 KB, 441x370
Don't worry guys Paradox will fix all of these issues.

With DLC :^).
>>
>>340857293

believable worlds
>>
it's pretty meh, the AI cant put up any kind of fight
>>
>>340857293
FINLAND STRONK
>>
>>340854229
>AI declares wars like mad, with ZERO preparations for them or ability to actually fight in them.
>Japs usually are in all-out war with Chinese cliques, UK, Netherlands, USA and then adding Soviets to the roster for no other reason to be in all-out war on every possible front with enemies twice their size.

sounds historically accurate honestly.

having retrospective solutions and strategies to historical campaigns tends to make AI grossly inferior to players, and on a broader front, limit the enjoyment of the historical game genre.
>>
>>340856917
All it took was landing on Crete (undefended), which was harder than it sounds. But from there, I was able to just keep bombing Italians until they were out of navy and then... well, army AI is shit, so fighting them off was no big deal.
So the only challenge here was getting air base that could reach Italian ports. Handling invasions is piss easy when AI can't just cock-block you with 20 capital ships.
>>
File: 2.png (186 KB, 298x423) Image search: [Google]
2.png
186 KB, 298x423
>>340857550
>Historically accurate
>Japan on war with half of the world by September '36
>>
File: 1420396183546.jpg (75 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1420396183546.jpg
75 KB, 640x960
>>340855246
>not The Emupire
>>
>>340834135
>Two nuts, they have not cracked. They don't know how to.
Stellaris did a decent job of getting 4x fans in GSG
>>
>>340857293
I don't see anything wrong desu
>t. Greek
>>
>>340857835

iirc everyone was pissed at china for starting shit in china, and unofficially backing chinese and whoever else fought the japanese.

analogous to ISIS today.
>>
>>340858638

>pissed at japan

welp time to get off for a bit
>>
>>340835321

HoI3 was a micromanagement clusterfuck

>Muh NATO icons
>>
>>340859464
it was still better tho

Great performance, OK AI (better than in HOI4), better air and infantry management
>>
File: believable worlds.jpg (705 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
believable worlds.jpg
705 KB, 1920x1080
>>340846346

fucking this.
>>
>>340859997
>Egypt
>Nigreich
>>
>>340860143
WE
>>
>>340860143
>>340860184
Finally the world is belivable
>>
File: höhöhö.jpg (15 KB, 327x303) Image search: [Google]
höhöhö.jpg
15 KB, 327x303
>>340860143
>>340860184
>>340860293
>>
File: 1459549381012.gif (2 MB, 612x639) Image search: [Google]
1459549381012.gif
2 MB, 612x639
The AI simply doesn't work, it's completely passive
You can make massive encirclements and the AI won't move their troops an inch, they won't even try to break out after the encirclement

The battleplan shit is annoying because setting a frontline for your armies will cause them to shuffle around endlessly and reset their organization whenever they use strategic redeployment. I wouldn't even bother with it if not for the fucking 50% or more planning bonus, which is sometimes a necessity to break through heavily entrenched divisions

The air warfare system is fucked as well. You can't set specific targets beyond ground forces/infrastructure/ports, so if you want to bomb AA but not factories which you plan on capturing, you're outta luck
Battle results screens are also missing for whatever reason, I assume to make me mad
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.