[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you don't own a 3DS/2DS yet, why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (726 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
726 KB, 446x251
I understand that if you're not much into 3D, handhelds, Nintendo, or Japanese games, then the 3DS, 3DS XL, New 3DS and New 3DS XL have all been relatively expensive. The 2DS when it was released was 130 dollars/euros with no bundled game, no 3D, and I guess that its "unique" look might not have helped.

But now the 2DS is $80 in the US with Mario Kart 7 or Yo-kai Watch, and 90 euros in Europe with New Super Mario Bros. 2 or Mario Kart 7. Many of the best games have either had an official price drop or are on sale all the time on the eShop.

So, non-3DS /v/, will you never buy a 3DS? Are you waiting for the non-2DS models to drop in price (according to Trev, later this year)? Or are you waiting on the NX, hoping it has BC, in which case this time you actually would drop hundreds of dollars instead of waiting 5+ years?
>>
>>340832083
If I were going to buy a handheld I'd just get something for 20 bucks that can play emulated games.
>>
>>340832083
I'm not a manchild
>>
I have a 3DS only because it was given to me. There's only one game on the system, Monster Hunter. Everything else is shovelware. Not interested in Nintendo's official shovelware rehashes either.
>>
The NX is replacing it next year.

>2DS discontinued in Japan
>Constant price cuts.
>NO GAMES FOR 2017

It's obvious.
>>
Where the fuck is my non-special edition New 3DS?

I don't have gorilla hands, I don't want the N3DSXL, and the only two small editions are limited edition and either price gouged or sold out everywhere.
>>
>>340832450
Similar story.
Bought it for monster hunter 3U.
Enjoyed it and few other games.
Custom robo arena
Advance wars
Rune factory 4
Fantasy life
Final fantasy explorers
LBX
Mh4u

There are more I played but didn't enjoy.
>>
I bought a 3DS and wish I hadn't because of Nintendo's anti-consumer region locking

Now I only use it to play Etrian Odyssey while taking a shit
>>
>>340832497
That's honestly pretty hard logic to debate desu. We're at a point where it's time for a new handheld too.
>>
>>340832497
The 3DS is still the greatest system to be released this gen with an immensely huge library of amazing games.

How did you feel you missed out on this generation's best games?
>>
>buying a handheld when mobile gaming exists
>>
>>340833089
To bad the Vita never token off, because if it did, it would easily have killed the 3DS, Hell, the "New" 3DS could hardly handle the same kind of power the Vita had.
>>
File: 1464411766353.png (254 KB, 1332x661) Image search: [Google]
1464411766353.png
254 KB, 1332x661
>>340833792
pretty good b8, almost got me
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.