[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can it go wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 23
File: ForHonor_og_1200x630.jpg (380 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
ForHonor_og_1200x630.jpg
380 KB, 1200x630
How can it go wrong?
>>
Vikings and Samurai are meme warriors
>>
>>340832065
But knights aren't?
>>
>>340832176
How are knights meme tier compared to those 2?
>>
My personal opinion in what can go wrong is stale death animations I can see being a bother or not enough levels or one sided levels.
>>
>>340832295
I suppose there's just a threshold, they're all over the line but to what degrees individually I cannot say.
>>
>1 answer
So Ubisoft succeeds?
>>
>>340831958
Probably micro-transactions out the ass, similar to the Battlefield games where you can unlock all the tiers of things that requires grinding.

Like all games, it's bound to have shitty servers the first week so that'll probably be a shitstorm.

I also imagine they won't even support big battles. It will probably no more than 8v8 or 12v12.

I've always wanted to see at least 32v32 melee combat or higher but that's probably too much to expect from a company with all the time and money in the world.
>>
>>340832176
>>340832295
knights are ultimeme
>>
>>340831958
Ubisoft
>>
>>340834321
I think it's 6v6 with creeps
>>
My worry is that in a 2v1 situation it'll be totally unwinnable for the one person. I hope there's some kind of duel mode.
>>
>>340836331
What a fucking let down. They have had the time, money, and structure to make a game that isn't shit and they can't even compete with Chivalry. That game can have 32 players or 64 in certain cases but this game will probably have shit support with 6 on 6.

What a fucking joke. There's people playing Chivalry on toasters fighting in what will probably be bigger maps with more interactive elements than this bullshit even though it's on a format as unchanging as the PS4.

They have all that time and only a handful on configurations for hardware to manage and they can't support more than 12 players. Just what the fuck is everybody thinking when they come up with that shit?
>>
>>340836475
Naw, you're good. When you're outnumbered you aren't immediately fucked, let me explain.
>>
>>340838615
o-ok
>>
File: Samurai.jpg (155 KB, 437x581) Image search: [Google]
Samurai.jpg
155 KB, 437x581
>>340831958
>No pussy shield
>Most stylin' nigga
>Fully-clad in armor but still lightweight because no metal
>Japanese Katana requires skilled swordsmanship instead of footsoldier flail/mace/axe
>Samurai were trained to use many different weapons, including swords, polearms, bows, and guns
>Bushido is a wiser, better, more selfless form of chivalry
>Knighthood has faded away in history; The schools of kenjutsu still exist to this day
>Knights are the royalty's bitch
>Ronin are masters of the sword and the warrior's way by themselves
>Vikings raided people when nobody knew how to fight
>Vikings would get shit on by any competent knight or samurai
>DUDE LONGSHIPS LMAO

>Knight will be casual, easy-mode, girlfriend class
>Viking will be meme-tier, berserker, just throw axes lol class
>Japanese will be skillful, advanced, frail, ruined by weeaboos class
Picking anyone else is retarded.

source: wikipedia
>>
>>340836475
>>340838615
Ok, so you're squaring off against an opponent and his buddy comes to his aid, yes you are at a disadvantage. No you're not screwed.
Now you've seen the directional attacks and directional blocks so the obvious choice is for them to attack simultaneously in opposite directions.
This is your saving grace. If you respond to the first attack (the speeds are different for heavy and light attacks) correctly you will parry both attacks. Now positioning and timing can be your demise. If they're on opposite sides of you you won't be able to see both targets at the same time, if they time their attacks so one does a heavy one does a light and you responded to the one that will hit second then you're gonna be in a world of hurt.
There are benefits to putting yourself into a 1v2.
>>
>>340831958
Making any of those characters black

>ubisoft
It's likely
>>
>>340839048
>benefits
So let's say this scenario of 2 opponents against you arises. You can disengage and find a position that lends aid to your predicament. Like a narrow hallway, a horde of your minions, so on so forth. I liked narrow areas not just so it's hard to be surrounded but the friendly fire will stagger their ally. so some people will opt to hang around in the event you kill their friend and then attack you (a then weakened opponent)
A reason you may want to put yourself into a 2v1 is on a control point. While in the control point of an enemy you are "contesting" it. Doesn't matter if there is 4 of them in there so long as you draw breath in the control point their team isn't getting points from it.
I'm not saying go blood hungry thinking you're going to win this altercation but you can to a degree kite and defend against 4 players if you're smart, skilled, and even a little lucky (for a time). Then your friends can come and help even the odds.
>>
>>340839018
>honorable

Samurai were basically pirates training slaves and friends like niggers with military benefits ruining everyone else's lives because WE WUZ WARRIORS EN SHIIETT.

If the Samurai can be killed because a katana can go through their armor, I doubt they'd be able to fight a plate-armored tank with a broadsword.
>>
>>340836996
Maybe it was, you know, a design decision?
This game is not Chivalry.

Also Chivalry sucks balls.
>>
>>340831958
Ubisoft
>>
>>340836996
Different game entirely. Quantity doesn't mean quality.
>>
>>340839782
This pretty much

Chivalry sucks cock and isn't even the same genre as For Honor so the comparison is completely unwarrented

Its obvious more than half the people here don't even know what For Honor is and are literally just shitposting and regurgitating what they read on /v/ to fit in
>>
>>340832065
>everything is a meme
>>
File: 1463822028795.jpg (55 KB, 355x400) Image search: [Google]
1463822028795.jpg
55 KB, 355x400
>>340831958
>Ubisoft

Can't wait for the knight to be black, the big bad to be some white guy, and the noble African warrior DLC being the OP class.
>>
>>340839978
I'm so glad to come to a thread where I'm not the only one who understands that. Bless your heart, anon.
>>
If there are any specific questions you guys have I can give insight from what I experienced in the Alpha Test.
>>
File: sparde567.jpg (77 KB, 680x601) Image search: [Google]
sparde567.jpg
77 KB, 680x601
>>340840479
What are some of the special abilities and shit like how the Samurai can call down arrow attacks

also can you swap out your characters main weapon or do all the knights literally use the same exact sword

no memes pls
>>
File: 1461108779532.jpg (66 KB, 576x478) Image search: [Google]
1461108779532.jpg
66 KB, 576x478
>Samurai
>fucking paper armor, sword is so shit the iron has to be folded over 350 times
>just a glorified peasant

>Viking
>only good at raiding unarmed peasants
>any time they tried invading a place that could defend, they failed

>Knights
>good iron
>actually skilled in combat against each other and not just unarmed peasants
>overally the best fighters in the world during medieval times

Calling it now : Vikings will have most dps, Samoorays will be the quickest, Knights will have the most armor.
>>
>>340832065
And?
>>
Microtransactions is the easy thing to say.

Also must be just shitty skyrim tier combat. Also not enough interaction with other players with stuff like taunts.
>>
>>340841058
Knights are such big babies they begged the Catholic Church to declare crossbows as heretical because "Its not fair for some random peasant to be able to kill a highborn knight"
>>
>>340832065
What does that even mean?
>>
File: WE WOOF KINGZ N SHIET.jpg (70 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
WE WOOF KINGZ N SHIET.jpg
70 KB, 736x736
>>340841058
>Viking
>You know, except England, Portugal, and Constantinople.
>>
>>340831958
>How can it go wrong?
it's made by ubisoft.
>>
>>340841443
They failed miserably several times trying to invade England.
>>
>>340840823
>abilities
There's things like the arrow call, a poison kunai throw, a heal, There's an odd "progression" if you will. When you first start off you aren't worth many points to be killed off but as you gain points you "level up" and get feats. As you level up if someone takes you out they earn more points the further you progressed. It's a weird tug of war situation that isn't in any of the other games I have played.
The characters are more "class". The character you choose is a certain build (this could change from the alpha) he had a kit that was the same and a weapon that was the same. (This could change) you were able to unlock aesthetic changes like engravings for your armor, make it look silver/bronze, but as for weapons and junk at least I'm the Alpha you had a static class with a static load out and couldn't change mid game.
>>
>>340839578
Samurai were just nip knights, some were honorable dudes, some were cunts, all of them treated the peasants as lower class.

As for Katanas, they served their original purpose as a backup weapon well, it's got a decent stab for going through armor and the back being blunt means anyone can press against it to make a blow stronger or use it throw someone around, it didn't get this reputation as a main weapon until gunpowder showed up and stole the show from the real main battle weapons, which were spears and bows.
I'm not saying that a samurai would stand a decent chance against a fully armored knight, very little could stand up to them 1v1, even another knight would be in for a fucking brutal fight
>>
Becauce why would I play another shitty ibis oft game, when I can be playing Morhau.
>>
>>340832176
Knights actually participated in massive fucking wars. Samurai were just some landlords on irrelevant small island. And vikings? Cucks.
>>
>>340840215
>>340839978
>>340839782
What sort of design decision relies on having 12 people take up a map?

What is this 4v4v4? Is the game not relying on people fighting in close combat? Are there no more gamemodes other than clusterfuck battles?

Is the game relying on RS:Siege type combat wherein 12 people grind the same shit for cosmetic upgrades.

I wasn't saying Chivalry was better. I was comparing the amount of time, manpower, and resources made available to the devs and the gameplay being restricted to small battles.

This will be another game that dies in one month because it's too much fucking nothing for $60 and $xxx for bypassing grinding walls.
>>
Wood armor and Leather armor against plate steel

It's not even a fair fight
>>
>>340841501
Vikings controlled over 75% of the territory south of Scotland. They stopped invading and decided to settle instead. The majority of English people have Danish ancestory today. William the conqueror was also the bastard son of a Danish invader, he grew up to be the first to unite England under a single King.

source: wrote a 3k word paper on Viking influence on England for Western Civ essay.
>>
>>340832065
I'm so confused right now
>>
>>340841745
By that argument, knights are pussies, and the Mongols and Persians are the true bad asses.
>>
>>340831958
It will be shit, like Chivalry and War of the Roses. Can't beat Mount & Blade.
>>
>>340841801
It's not chiv, no one wants it to be chiv.
>>
>>340838615
>>340839048
>>340839431
I think this guy works for them.
Yo dawg, do an AMA
>>
>>340842028
Beyond those games having a similar setting you stop seeing differences.
>>
>>340841058
>folded over 350 times
when will this meme die? the swords were not folded that many times, it's how many layers they had.
>>
>>340832065
Most people on this website are meme warriors
>>
>>340842148
There's an NDA, here we are being anonymous. Ask away.
>>
>>340841058
>overally the best fighters in the world during medieval times

You miss the part where Mongol horse archers dominated every european knight army they ever faced?
>>
>>340841801
>What sort of design decision relies on having 12 people take up a map?

That one sentence makes you sound retarded. If you don't get it, you don't get it. Kinda like autists or aspergers, forget which, usually can't emotion like the rest of us.
>>
>>340842275

What are the expected downgrades?
>>
>>340842524
True, although you could argue that not a single mongol Soldier could win a 1v1 with a knight in actual melee.
>>
>>340841745
>Calling samurai landlords when Knights were literally landlords
>>
>>340842767
Give both of them a horse.
>>
>>340842275
Well, gee, I don't know what I want to ask.
I'm just excited for it. Anything you want to just share about? I'm interested.
Actually, I'm a consolefag, so is it coming to xbone?
>>
>>340842806
this

Knights were literally the pay2win fags of medieval warfare.
>>
>>340842169
They are all vaguely similar. That's like saying, LOTRO, WoW and Warhammer Online can't be compared
>>
>>340842524
The Golden Horde has great odds against every army until the adoption of individual gunpowder weapons.
>>
>>340842020
>Mongols and Persians

The former can't even beat samurai and the latter gets cucked by a couple boyfuckers
>>
>>340843282
He says, with a level of ignorance of world history that is nearly inconceivable.
>>
>>340843403
t. Finnish-Iranian in denial
>>
>>340842893
If they are the same speed horse somehow (ignoring the weight of the knight) the mongol would probably still get destroyed. Of course this would not happen in real life and the mongol would keep running away until the knight was full of arrows or his own had run out. Only if the knight could somehow prevent himself from getting shot until the arrows ran out he could potentially win the melee that follows with ease.
Although the original comment you responded to was in the context of this game, which is obviously melee centered and in terms of melee knights were the greatest warriors of their time.
>>
>>340843282
>Mongols
>Can't beat samurai
Nigger, they were the most powerful nation in the world for nearly 200 years.
>>
File: 1461639362615.jpg (101 KB, 747x455) Image search: [Google]
1461639362615.jpg
101 KB, 747x455
>>340841938
>vikings invaded unarmed english monks
>some guy decides to build forts
>vikings invade unarmed monks in the forts
>some guy recommends making entrance to the fort about 15 feet high with a need for a ladder that could be pulled up
>vikings invade unarmed monks again
>monks go to the forts
>vikings cry and tell monks to come out
>they get shot at til they get cucked back into their boats
>>
File: 1459275109884.png (229 KB, 357x415) Image search: [Google]
1459275109884.png
229 KB, 357x415
>>340843282
>Americans trying to talk about world history when they can't put a european country on a world map
>>
File: vk_map_whowerethey.jpg (125 KB, 718x483) Image search: [Google]
vk_map_whowerethey.jpg
125 KB, 718x483
>>340843603
Note how this says settlement, meaning they never left.
>>
>>340843536
>If they are the same speed horse somehow (ignoring the weight of the knight) the mongol would probably still get destroyed.
That completely ignores the legendary horsemanship of the Mongol archer. It's claimed they could fire 10 arrows in nearly as many seconds, on horseback, at a full gallop, WHILE FLEEING.

But yeah, the Mongols were not really known for their 1 on 1 melee prowess.
>>
People online suck at Teamplay. This game relies on Teamplay and communication heavily. Play only with premade.
>>
>>340842915
Yep, you're covered.
Uhm, what to say that hasn't been said. Hmm.
There weren't a boatload of characters to play but it was an alpha so I didn't expect much. Even playing as a solo guy I had a blast and you develop as a team over the course of a 10-20 minute match. I never felt completely outskilled but some folks were definitely harder to kill than others in 1v1 but sometimes you catch them before they develop, sometimes they catch you.
As much as combat is fun in the game it doesn't win you matches. Contest the points, choose your battles wisely, be aware of your surroundings, kill creeps.
There is ample opportunity per match to really feel like you made a difference. The combat isn't just rock paper scissors, there's timing, spacing, direction, lots of small factors that I'm sure Will separate the good from the bad in time.
The characters do play different. As the samurai I felt more effective wearing my opponents down with hit and run tactics or finding an opportune time to burst them down. The warden felt ... for lack of a better way of saying it "sturdy" if he engaged you and you were cornered he was an obstacle, if he contested a point he was a problem.
>>
>>340843997
Continued
He punishes hard and I would sometimes find it better to be defensive and space myself out until a partner aided me. I didn't always have that luxury.
Some times you'll try to escape only to put yourself in a worse position...it sucks seeing someone cut off your exit and forcing you into a surrounded 3v1 but even those are winnable. I was able to come out the Victor of a 3v1 twice and felt like a badass. There are some instant kill situations like spikes you can shove your enemies into, ledges you can push them off of, attacks that switch you and your opponents position. It's pretty neat.
Oh, breaking. Holy shit. Ok so you get to a certain amount of points and "break" the other team . They stop respawning. They can come back from that/ you can pull your team back into the game. You know how as a kid in dodgeball you catch a ball and get your team back in? It's THAT fucking feeling all over again.
>>
File: new army.png (674 KB, 849x477) Image search: [Google]
new army.png
674 KB, 849x477
So, what is the new army?
>>
Played it with cane dude at Ubisoft Party ( I worked for ubi at a Booth but not one of those teenage Booth helper guys ).

Pretty cool Game in a good Team. AMA
>>
>>340843538
>most powerful nation
>can't beat a small tornado

>>340843632
>can't put a european country on a world map
what is west germany for 100 points
>>
>>340844046
So game gud?
>>
>>340844071
A land power attempted to do the largest sea invasion in human history.

They were very unlucky.
>>
>>340844121
If I could buy the Alpha I would.
>>
>>340844059
gladiators perhaps ?

wouldnt be suprised to so a spartan dlc sometime considering they are samaria tier meme now days
>>
File: trash.png (338 KB, 486x334) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
338 KB, 486x334
>>340839018
>source wikipedia
>>
>>340844062
Who did you prefer playing as, why?
>>
>>340844062
Personal highlights?
>>
File: Tolberone.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Tolberone.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>340831958
So when will I get to hurt my hands OP?
>>
>>340844915
Day 1 DLC
>>
>>340844915
Should be announced this week. Someone mentioned their Twitter leaked the date yesterday.
>>
>>340844915
Game looks fun as fuck 2bh famicon, shame ubi might mess something up but it looks like a pretty fresh style of game

Not sure there are many out there that could compare to its gameplay, sucks its probably releasing in fucking november or some shit with all the other winter releases
>>
what do you guys want?

>Vikings
>Samurais
>Mongols
>Gladiators
>Knights
>Crusaders
>Pirates
>special DLC: Assassin
>>
>get normies hyped up with lies
>first ever medieval warfare game ever
>normies shit themselves where as everyone with a brain already knows about Warband, Chivalry, and so on
>stfu u noob, Ubisoft SO BASED!!!! epIC FOR THE WIN UBISOFT XDD
>almost a full year of nothing on the game
>its been turned into mobashit 6v6 with creeps, cooldowns, microtransactions
>normies still lapping it up
epic
>>
>>340832065
REMINDER
VIKINGS ARE KEKS

They have always and continue being SJW cucks
>>
File: 1324752696445.jpg (195 KB, 816x1226) Image search: [Google]
1324752696445.jpg
195 KB, 816x1226
Better get a fucking release date at E3.
>>
File: Ubisoft.png (46 KB, 256x212) Image search: [Google]
Ubisoft.png
46 KB, 256x212
>>
>>340845746
February 14th, 2017
>>
>>340831958
>that image
>>
>ubisoft
it will be awful.
>>
>>340844062
>ama
>doesn't answer anything
>>
>>340831958
It's already gone wrong by not making the game a pc exclusive. How on earth can you expect to have complete precision when handling your weapon WITHOUT a mouse?

For example, look at the first play in this chiv comp video, that 3v1 would be impossible using a controller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fviG7PG9qA

>lock on combat
>time wasting health bag enemies that die to lmb spam
>random animation loop where your guy will do all these HEMA moves that you don't control for no reason other than just "looking cool"

It's dead on arrival, especially when Mordhau is going to blow everything out of the water
>>
>>340846446
>chiv has good combat
>>
>>340846765
>chiv doesn't have good combat

It has the best melee combat in any game that is currently out

it has a lot of BS but there's nothing else even close to it right now hence why people are still playing it
>>
>>340846924
>people only still play it because they can kill newbies with drags
>>
>>340846446
You're not understanding this isn't chiv. This isn't trying to be chiv. No one wants it to be chiv. I watched someone make a chiv thread today and I shit you not it died with one reply. No one cares about chiv.
>>
File: 1411755551555.gif (3 MB, 182x124) Image search: [Google]
1411755551555.gif
3 MB, 182x124
>knight is in a game
>is slow
>not on a horse
>>
File: laughingwhores.jpg (45 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.jpg
45 KB, 446x400
>>340846446
>Chiv
>>
>>340846446
What is chiv but mountainblade with forced first person and matrixes with rainbow spins and a fast forward button?
What is for honor but targeted mountain blade with a point system, what is pirates biking knights but-
You know you're more than welcome to make a thread about any of those games and beg for sequels.
>>
>>340836260
/thread
Just like how they managed to fuck up pic related
>>
It's a ubisoft game so it'll range from being painfully mediocre to utter shit.
>>
They better fucking release an open beta this E3
>>
>>340831958
Oh boy! An online ubisoft game!
>no hacker prevention
>shitty netcode
>latency issues
>no region locking
>poor post release support
>most content locked behind paywalls
Sounds great!

Post EA, Ubisoft or Blizzard games should be an instant ban.
>>
Idk about wrong but the devs hinting at a ranked matchmaking sounds like a step in the right direction.
>>
>>340847408
>look at me I fit in, right guys?
>>
>>340847496
>hating on any of those companies
>fitting in
/v/ has fallen to shit. Dont pretend the vast majority dont play games from these shitty companies.
>>
>>340847496
The irony of your post im sure is lost on you.
>>
>>340847648
>>340847570
>>
>>340847265
Player numbers for Rainbow Six has been rising due to how good the game is.

For Honor will be the same.

Division though is shit so it's no surprise that people stopped playing it.
>>
>>340831958
OP image made me think this was a Chivalry sequel.

Now I want an improved Chivalry sequel with ranked matchmaking.
>>
>>340847692
Yeah you keep trying to save face kid
>>
File: Mordhau-feature.jpg (409 KB, 1919x1199) Image search: [Google]
Mordhau-feature.jpg
409 KB, 1919x1199
>>340831958
Looks like hot garbage
>made by Ubisoft
It makes sense now.

Looking out for Mordhau, seems to be much improved Chivalry.
>>
>>340848420
Are you blind?
>>
>>340848091
Check this out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-B4AwgArwA

>>340848556
I'm not talking about graphics you mongrel, but the things which matter most, gameplay and mechanics.
>>
>>340848635
Gonna be spin city like chiv was
>>
>>340848738
Confirmed for not watching the fucking video

You need to be 18 to post here kid ;)
>>
>>340848635
A simple yes would have sufficed.
Brand anti-loyalty aside For Honor looks pretty good.
What is it that looks bad to you? I'm merely asking so you have to watch a video of gameplay and educate yourself.
>>
>>340831958
>vikings
>samurai
>knights
>no saracens, apaches, or mandinkan warriors

wow ubisoft, i'm triggered
>>
File: 1340733041844.png (641 KB, 622x632) Image search: [Google]
1340733041844.png
641 KB, 622x632
>>340848882
>lock on button mash combat with inflated mmo tier healthbars, terrible animations and moba shit thrown in

Like my first post said, I didn't even know it was Ubisoft before disliking this.
>>
>>340849125
>waah it's not chiv : the post
K.
>>
>>340848882
>What is it that looks bad to you?
button mashing combat
>>
>>340849125
>lots of little grunts for the heroes to fight
>moba
>not musou

It looks like ubisoft presents: Dynasty warriors
>>
File: 1331588825086.jpg (16 KB, 211x251) Image search: [Google]
1331588825086.jpg
16 KB, 211x251
>>340849343
>it's a marketer cuck gets pissy episode

Oh boy.
>>
>>340849440
thats what it is
'cept its ubisof therefor gonna have bugs out the ass
also
>multiplayer online only
fuck that
>>
>>340849530
>mordhau shill calling other people shills

Oh I am laffin
>>
>>340849346
I've played it, It's the opposite of button mashing, it's one button and I win, you get a counter attack and that's it you win the fight
>>
>>340847408
>no region locking
how is that a bad thing?
>>
>>340851261
Russians
>>
>>340831958
>How can it go wrong?
making it in the future like every single fucking shooter
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.