[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Figured I should play at least one AC game to see what all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 2396855-ac4blackflag.jpg (96 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
2396855-ac4blackflag.jpg
96 KB, 960x960
Figured I should play at least one AC game to see what all the fuss is about, so I got a used copy of Black Flag. Is there anything I should know ahead of time? For example, the season pass or the up lay passport or whatever it is is probably not worth it, right?
>>
>>340818569
black flag is like the least ass creed game of the whole series
if you want to know what the fuss is about play the first one, the rest is pretty much more of the same with some gameplay improvment, more casualisation and wacky story "twists"
>>
It's a pirate game that has forced asscred mechanics.
Avoid anything that isn't on the boat
>>
>>340819886
Is exploring islands and such also fun aside from assasimating people?
>>
>>340818569
don't play the original
this is an amazing game
>>
Yeah you should drop this piece of shit game and play ACII and Brotherhood.
>>
>>340818824
this anon is mostly right. Series really took off with all the improvements 2 made and Brotherhood really perfected the formula its coasted on since. 4 is at is worst when it's making you do assassin things, the evesdropping for instances sucks but the aracdy pirate stuff is really fun.

Probably the only time they mix well is a few times infiltrating some forts and when you have to sail through a shallow swamp undetected
>>
If you can, play 2 as well.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRLzfoySFWc

Every time this song came on I felt so happy.

I cycled through the shanties to always get this.
>>
>>340820635
Kind of, though it has the same useless Ubisoft freeroam collectibles and kind of awkward freerunning in nature areas
>>
>>340818569

>Uplay and DLC

Not even once. Nothing worthwhile.

Nothing to know really, just have fun.

If you enjoy, Rogue is essentially a reskin set in the Northern atlantic, then if you enjoy the land based stuff, The Ezio trilogy and Syndicate are fairly good as well.
>>
>>340818569
play ass creed 2 and black flag
1 is horrible at being a game because its literally the same exact missions for 10 hours with a cool story you can watch on youtube
>>
>>340821540
Is 1 really that bad? I remember being so wowed by it when it first came out. Probably aged like shit though.
>>
>>340818569
btw black flag can be played as a stand alone as it doesnt really connects with the main story

but its really not a good example for the series, pretty good pirate game tho
>>
>>340821642
not him
its repeative as fuck, 2 and brotherhood made the whole game much more enjoyable as it doesnt feels so much like a grind
>>
Start with AC2. If you like it, play AC1. Then ACB. You may have to force yourself through ACR since it's too much of the same but play that for a complete experience.
Watch AC3's ending on yt, play ACIV because it offers something fresh and fucking great. Maybe play Rogue. You should probably ignore ACU and ACS but I dunno, you could probably play the latter with patches if you're not too tired of the same shit by then.

Then wait and see if Ubisoft can manage to come up with something worthwhile again.
>>
>>340821862
>its repeative as fuck,
Yeah it was. I never beat it. Same with 2. 4 was the first time I actually beat one of these games, and even then it was because I liked the pirating. The games can get pretty comfy though I'd think.
>>
Play the Ezio trilogy
>>
>>340818569
Black Flag's honestly a pretty comfy game. Sailing around on the sea and finding some nice little island or shit fishing village is nice.
>>
>>340818569
Be prepared for fun and shanties.
>>
>>340821986
I really fucking hope Empire drops the skill tree shit. It adds literally nothing to the game since you'll get enough points to max everything anyway (or close enough to it).

I fucking hate skill trees so much.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.