[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Far Harbor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10
File: fallout-4-far-harbor.jpg (130 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4-far-harbor.jpg
130 KB, 970x545
Is Far Harbor is a comfy DLC
>A main question better than the base game
>New Weapons and Armor
>A comfy Island covered in Fog setting
>Quests are better than the vanilla game
>Factions are better too
How are you enjoying Far Harbor /v/?
>>
Must be normalfag hour.
>>
>Is Far Harbor is a comfy DLC

Typical bethesda fans
>>
File: Peter-Hitchens-October-20-011.jpg (67 KB, 700x420) Image search: [Google]
Peter-Hitchens-October-20-011.jpg
67 KB, 700x420
>>340818087
I enjoyed it but I'm tired of Synths in the fucking main story there not interesting enough to care a main quest
>>
Actually, I find it painfully boring, I am struggling to get through it and I mean because it's so boring and uninteresting, holy shit, but I think I am almost done, I just did that stupid fucking simulation block puzzle shit. I am almost done with Far Harbor right? I hate the environment of FH as well.
>>
Why are there hourly shill threads for this garbage
>>
>A main question better than the base game
>Quests are better than the vanilla game
>Factions are better too
It's not hard to do that when your vanilla game is fallout 4
>>
Since their first DLC is a repeat of Point Lookout what are the chances of us getting a repeat Mothership Zeta?

What are the chances the aliens get credit for lore shit? I mean Bethesda could just go out and say the aliens created F.E.V and there's nothing any of you can do about it.
>>
>>340818087
Go to /fog/ If you want to discuss 4. This board is for new vegas fanboys only :-)
>>
File: toddshome.jpg (67 KB, 654x576) Image search: [Google]
toddshome.jpg
67 KB, 654x576
Fuck off Pete.
>>
>>340818087
Pretty fun so far, the sub base is neat and I liked that hotel with the vault in it.
>>
If you're using "comfy" as a euphemism for "casual shit" like everyone else does, then yes it absolutely is comfy.
>>
>>340818415
>Typical bethesda fans
asking questions?
>>
File: 1449276174702.jpg (48 KB, 680x527) Image search: [Google]
1449276174702.jpg
48 KB, 680x527
>>340818087
>TFW the game tells you that you might be a Synth
>Contradicts everything in the Vanilla
>Writers pull another one out of there ass
>>
File: 1461472955669.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461472955669.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>TFW when people hate Fallout 4 but still play to justify their hate
>>
>>340818892
/v/ likes the Fallout game made by SJWS lol
>>
>>340821242
DiMA lays out all the different things that could be taken as proof of synthdom, such as the inability to recall early memories, and feelings of isolation. Since we as players can only experience Fallout 4 the day the bombs dropped, our experiences line up with that of synths perfectly by design. Our memory gap is enormous! There’s so much about our own life that we do not know. Being a protagonist means you are also literally nothing like the other people in the world, too. Being a synth would explain so much, wouldn’t it?

You might feel differently, of course. That’s what makes this potential twist so good: there’s no definitive answer. There is only doubt.

A twist like this could have been waffled easily—it’s basically the sci-fi version of “IT WAS A DREAM ALL ALONG!” But the reason it works so well here is because of the groundwork that Bethesda laid in the main game. By telling you that anybody could be a synth, much of the Fallout 4 playerbase was overtaken with paranoia. One question I saw pop up time and time again was, “how can you tell if a settler is a synth?” Videos on YouTube exploring this question racked up hundreds of thousands of views, and slowly, “foolproof” methods of recognizing a synth in Fallout 4 started floating around.

Synths have higher energy resistance, or radiation resistance they claimed. Synths behave oddly, don’t act like any of your other settlers. Put them into traps, construct elaborate tests in your settlements, players suggested. See how the NPCs react then. Worst case scenario, the settler dies. That’s the most certain way of knowing, after all: does the corpse have a synth component? Congratulations, you found your witch.

Is the player a synth? Maybe. Maybe not. Whatever the answer is, I hope we never find out.
>>
>>340818087
I don't know Todd, I'd really appreciate if you guys actually put some thought into your stories other than the same old "look for my lost family member" type of quests.
>>
>>340818087
I uninstalled the game.
>>
>walks into Acadia
>"greetings stranger! What do you need?"
>holy fuck look at that ugly synth garbage, time to kill it
>shoot DIMA with a billion bullets
>he dies
>DLC over

I payed fucking money for this shit? Fuck you Bethesda.
>>
>play Fallout 4
This is okay I guess

>play New Vegas after playing Fallout 4
This is the best game ever and Todd Howard can get cancer

East Coast Fallout games are a joke, designed for literal idiots.
>>
>>340824348
Fallout 4 is a bit of a god send to me since I played new vegas to the point of getting sick.
>>
boring, inane, shit

bethesda can't make games worth a shit
>>
File: Displeasure.jpg (44 KB, 290x274) Image search: [Google]
Displeasure.jpg
44 KB, 290x274
>>340818415
You mean that FANS of things LIKE those things?

>>340818561
>I just did that stupid fucking simulation block puzzle shit

I forgot about that; literally the most boring gameplay experience of my life. I was going to post that I rather liked Far Harbout but this awful fucking block puzzle piece of cunt negates the DLC, Negates Fallout all the way back to 1 and makes me regrets that we evolved eyes.

Fuck, I think I had literally blotted it out of my mind. IT WAS SOOO FUCKING BORING AND THERE WAS FIVE LEVELS OF THE RETARTED SHIT.

I know boredom, I played Sunless Sea for 14 hours.

*addendum, I am still pissed about this fucking level, the cunt who designed it should have the soles of his feet battered.
>>
>>340825228
In fact I am so fucking pissed, I am writing a review on STEAM right now.

>That'll show 'em
>>
That should read

'24 hours'

I also know what boring, pointless, poorly-designed puzzle levels are like, I have also played 'Cradle'

>So to sum up, NO, Far Harbour is not good, do not waste your money on it.
>>
>>340825228
>I know boredom, I played Sunless Sea for 14 hours.
ill fite u m80
>>
>>340825547
Hah, I showed 'em!

>I showed 'em
>>
File: 11 - An Egg Scrambler1_all.webm (671 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
11 - An Egg Scrambler1_all.webm
671 KB, 720x480
>mfw I started the 5th block puzzle
>>
>>340822023
But there are several segments throughout the game where you recall life from before the day the bombs dropped. You can even reference those events in the intro.
>>
>>340826968
I enjoyed Sunless Sea and will play it again but it really needs a Fast Forward button. Great lore, in fact the lore is the whole of the game.

/Stupid bug though, I got a ship stranded top-side because I needed 10 barrels of fuel to go back down but only had 9, even though I had enough fuel to travel to the previous top side port and buy more.
>>
>>340827026
Yeah and thought

"Five! why the fuck are there five of these fucking things!?"

/I pity you brother, for the tedium rises exponentially.
>>
File: 1148.jpg (24 KB, 135x135) Image search: [Google]
1148.jpg
24 KB, 135x135
"<<340818087" far harbor was good, but god that puzzle section was painfully unnecessary, i dont want to replay it just because of how tedious that was
>>
Can I ask a legit question? So I was playing a few days ago and started wondering why they didn't allow you to take more than one companion at a time and what I came up with is because they didn't want to do a bunch of extra work having those characters interact with each other, like Dragon Age Inquisition. It would have been nice. Anyone else think this is why or did Beth give a legit reason?
>>
>>340827839

Yes that is exactly why. All of the design decisions in Fallout 4 are based on saving effort and re-using as much shit from Skyrim as possible.

Anyone got the animation of the Salesguy where he stashes his clipboard using the shield animation from Skyrim?
>>
File: salesman.jpg (420 KB, 940x545) Image search: [Google]
salesman.jpg
420 KB, 940x545
>>340828048
Like this, but animated.
>>
Anybody else notice how many gay men reside in Far Harbor? Many quests start out with "my husband this" or "my husband that". What's Bethesda's game here? Is this indoctrination? Fagification through video games?
>>
>>340818087
is this the Bethesda DLC shill thread?

mods are getting a tidy pay packet from Todd the Liar AND Nick Denton

btw fuck mods you cant silence dissent because it harms your profit
>>
>>340818087
Witcher 3's H&S DLC alone is better than whole Fallout 4, Automatron dlc, Far Harbor dlc combined.

It is a surprising how a 10$ dlc from a good developer can surpass a 100$ (game + dlc) from a shit developer.
>>
Is Far Harbor just Point Lookout?
>>
>>340824198
You may want to re try that save anon, there's an ending that gets DiMA his just deserts
>>
>>340824198
This sounds like Honest Hearts. Can I have a map? No, anon you must go and risk your life to help us for your map. Fuck that. Bullet to your brain. DLC over. Got my map though!
>>
>>340825343
>>340827000
Have a (you) from a random anon.
>>
>>340830898
It feels like point lookout but without the yokels.

In my opinion, the DLC is worth putting your time in it because the lore is nice and it's got a tinsy bit of a lovecraftian feel with some of the monsters. The Fog Crawlers are some of the more nasty critters in all of fallout I've seen
>>
It's just too funny to know with 100% certainty, that if Obsidian had released the exact same DLC, all these bitter faggots in this thread would praise it as the second coming of christ.
>>
>>340833653
Todd pls go.
>>
>>340834253
Seems that I struck a nerve? Care to elaborate how any of the NV DLC is better than Far Harbor?
>>
I wanna revisit Fallout 4 but I'm waiting for all the DLC to be out.

Any idea when they'll be? I don't keep up on news.
>>
>>340834491
Not him but I will concede the DLC is good but it is held back through all the flaws of the base game.

You don't have the RPG immersion elements that NV had. As cool as an environment Beth has made, you still don't have a character that feels like your own to explore it.

Essentially your experiencing the game the exact way they want you to and you can't bring any creativity your play through.
>>
>>340834893
I would maybe agree to some extend, but how is this only bad in the case of FO4?

Take the Witcher 3: You could argue even stronger that it has almost no RPG elements, compared to other games, yet nobody does this.
>>
>>340835405

Because the Witcher series has always been you playing a pre-determined character. You can choose some roleplaying options but only within the sphere of things that are in-character for Geralt.

Bethesda has been doing the "play your own created blank slate" for years and doesn't have a fucking clue how to do anything else, and with FO4 being their first attempt we end up with an incredibly mediocre product.
>>
>>340832162
>>340818087
>>340832987
Bethesda shills are on full force today
>>
>>340835405
>>340835695
Witcher 3 creates a much more cinematic feel for you to experience the character they've made for you. We're seeing how Geralt reacts in these situations and making small choices for him.

FO4 has a weird amalgamation of us making big choices for a character they've made for us and just let us tweak a few things.

In Witcher you're never gonna want Geralt to act like a cowboy, soldier, scientist, raider, merc, high roller etc. But in the fallout series you expect that style choice to be an option but in FO4 if you try that you get slapped by Bethesda's writing, voice acting, and limited character decisions.
>>
>>340835695
>>340836323
Okay I understand that most of the hate comes from the die hard fallout fans that don't like any change.

The only real problem I have is with people spouting FO4 is barely an RPG, while at the same time praising Witcher 3 as the greatest RPG of all time (I love both of them for very different reasons).
>>
>>340836818

>Okay I understand that most of the hate comes from the die hard fallout fans that don't like any change.

Hey m8 go fuck yourself with a cactus. I've never finished a single one of the Fallout games and I can still recognize that 4 is a shoddily put together pile of garbage that mocks the title "Role-Playing Game" with its mere existence.
>>
>>340836969
>I haven't played any FO game
>the new one is shit!
Do you even notice the irony of your post at all?
>>
>>340837216
>I haven't played a FO game
Nowhere in his post did it say this
>>
>>340837216

>Mixing up "played" with "finished"

Here's your (you), don't spend it all in one place.
>>
>>340827026
Fuck that fifth one. Too much tedium. Used the console to get through it.
>>
>>340836818
Yeah as lame as it sounds fans of the Fallout series felt betrayed that Bethesda gutted so much of the established. That gutted feeling also accounts for these kids >>340836969

The Witcher series gains its immersion from just how goddamn convincing it is (writing, visuals, story all add to a real experience for the player). Fallout has always gained immersion through a huge amount of player choice and then felt impact. FO4 took away both of those and didn't add nearly enough of what makes the Witcher work.

What FO4 ends up being is both an up hevel to the established style of the series and a shoddy looking attempt to make the game sell to a wider group.
>>
>>340837527
Well I think I understand it better now, but still most of it is absolute hyperbole. Most complaints are just very subjective. I also played all FO and Witcher games. Liked them all, but FO4 is ultimately my favourite.
>>
>>340836323
>cinematic feel

That's one of the worst things I heard a person say about the witcher.
>>
File: 1391611855917.jpg (203 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1391611855917.jpg
203 KB, 1000x1000
>>340818087
hello there mister marketer, do they pay you well?
>>
>>340837527

*upheaval
>>
>>340827070
how do we know those aren't implanted memories, we've already seen that it can be done.
>>
>>340828048
>>340828216
Wait is this real? They even re-use stuff for the opening minutes of the game?
>>
>>340818670
>Aliens created FEV
You shut you goddamn mouth. The fallout trilogy ended with New Vegas. I will never take Bethesda's fanfics seriously.
>>
>>340841728
Fallout has cats. Deal with it.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.