[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ on .HACK G.U.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: GU_Covers.jpg (61 KB, 626x298) Image search: [Google]
GU_Covers.jpg
61 KB, 626x298
what went wrong /v/ ?
>>
>>340817796
>what went wrong
the amount of money they cost to actually GET them
>>
>>340817956
R u fucking retarded?
>>
better gameplay in exchange for worse everything
>>
>>340818351
no seriously.
The first vol. is over $100 on american Amazon.
The second in about $175
The third actually costs less than the second at around $150

And fuck you about emulation. Everyone already knows.
>>
>>340818721
Exactly so why are you complaining about price when you can emulate it? Runs better on my i3 then it could ever run on a ps2. And the games are free god damn u focking niggers are so stupid
>>
tfw bought these games as they were coming out for 40$, feels good
>>
>>340818912
Because you're a faggot and some people want physical copies of things.
>>
>>340818956
that feel when I didn't because they weren't sold in the tri-state area and Amazon at the time was fucking shaky.
>>
>>340818983
>download it
>burn it on dvdr
Congrats now you have a physical version.
>>
Link was a disgrace and killed the franchise forever

3 wasnt so good and cubia was a letdown
>>
>>340818721
>he didn't buy them when they came out for 40 bucks apiece
>>
>>340819091
And it has no worth as a collectors Item.

Whats the point?

Quit acting like you ain't being a total faggot right now.
>>
>>340819201
>>340819201
Cubia?
>>
>>340819274
More like couldn't
No where around my state and states around that sold the fucking games. I could only snag the first.
>>340819054
>>
We never got to see what Skeith looks like before you got your first class upgrade.

>>340819313

Final boss of the trilogy. It comes at literally the last second and has apparently been the source of everything bad.
>>
>was going to finally beat all three in a row using the same file this week
How the fuck does /v/ always know?
also Pi best girl.
>>
>>340817796
SAO happened
>>
>>340819401
that isn't alkaid
>>
>>340819401
Alkaid is best girl.
Pi close second.
>>
File: RebirthEndrance.jpg (90 KB, 753x960) Image search: [Google]
RebirthEndrance.jpg
90 KB, 753x960
>>340819401
>Pi
>best girl

That's wrong and we both know it
>>
>>340819430
But SAO is easily worse in every regard.
>>
Sadly for me, I think the biggest killer of the .hack series was that we never got to explore more of what that timeline of the world was like, both on their earth and in the game.

It was also very, very, and very immersion breaking when you learned that over every installment, this was absolutely nothing like the first .hack; at least in the first .hack they had their shit all sorted out gameplay wise (who the fuck has different status effects in an episodic game, it feels incomplete as fuck).

I also have my design gripes; the overall mood of the game caught my eye because I thought this was going to be darker, "edgier", and more gloomier than the first game- The in game The World R:2 even hinted that as the gods were dead, the god of the underworld was going to take reign and do some Devil May Cry shit by capturing existence with his legion of demons and monsters. I know I was a teenager when this game came out, but fuck, going full blown due to its industrial dark and post dead god era would have not been a bad idea. Hell, I even think it would help if there were instances of in game blood and mild gore; even in the original .hack quadrilogy you got to venture into a demon giant's innards as a dungeon.

tl;dr I feel they rushed it and missed out on a lot of things. The absence of Aura did not feel like it was such a catastrophe and warranted such an impact to begin with.
>>
>>340819519
Endurance is best man.
That is no question.
But here is a best girl.
>>
File: Alkaidfull.jpg (59 KB, 300x445) Image search: [Google]
Alkaidfull.jpg
59 KB, 300x445
>>340819597

Fine, if they HAVE to have a vagina

this was the actual best
>>
>>340819582
Biggest killer was we never got a "The World" game and CC2 got removed from anything .hack// related to make shit.

Just realize CC2 is working on FFVII remake.
>>
>>340819708
Mah nigga.
>>
>>340819582

Keep in mind that when this came out, stuff being dark and edgy wasn't cringeworthy, it was normal. Everyone did it back then.

>>340819752

We did, Fragment
>>
>>340817796
They never re released these games
>>
>>340819962

I'm surprised they never did. All 3 can fit on a single blu-ray remastered
>>
>>340818721
Seriously? Jesus I should sell my copies.
>>
>>340819752

Yeah, that was the killer. They absolutely rushed the fuck out of .hack in the GU days. Fragment (an attempt to do a The World game like in the series) absolutely failed hard due to how it was just .hack turned MMO.

Not only that, Bandai Namco did nothing about the .hack movie and Versus. I know that pleasing its home nation is utmost- But the US is still interested in .hack. They missed that opportunity big time.

Oh well. At least FFVII remake's looking good. I hope after that they get to doing .hack again.
>>
>>340819857
"We" didn't get shit.
Japan got Fragment for all of 6 months and it was a terribly gimped version of fucking Vol.1 infection.
>>
>>340817796
16 year olds trying to prove their taste is superior
>>
>>340820109

Just because you didn't doesn't I didn't,
>>
I bought Vol 1 and 2 used when they were $20-30.
Still haven't played Vol 3.. I never could find it, and when I was able to, it was out of my price range.
>>
>>340820109
hey fragment was alright, i played it online for a little while on the private servers which are now completely dead and empty, but if you get a couple of friends its a pretty "the world" kind of experience
>>
>>340820176
doesn't mean*
>>
>>340820176
They missed their fucking mark to make a The World MMO last year. When the games canonically had The World released in 2015.
>>
Haven't play Vol 3 because I borrowed 1 and 2 from my cousin and he didn't let me play 3 because he was using it at that time. Thanks for reminding me OP going to see if he still has it.
>>
>>340817796

They never released in the EU.
Also they're not on the PS store so I don't have to pay £100 for each game.
>>
>>340817796
How the hell do you emulate this without having the game start to stagger and drop framerate? That shit kills it for me.
>>
>>340820896

I was able to get it to run fine
>>
>>340820896
What are your pc specs?
>>
>>340820896
Depends on your specs but also go to youtube look up reccomended settings fpr pcsx2 and keep those settings. Especially the video plug in settings.
>>
File: Ovan9.png (14 KB, 374x164) Image search: [Google]
Ovan9.png
14 KB, 374x164
>>340817796
G.U was great, getting to see Haseo properly develop as a character and mature without it seeming forced is something you very rarely get in games. The cast was pretty nice too, even when compared to IMOQ. Gameplay was certainly better as well, nobody dislikes RENGEKI.

Story was fine, but I will say that having Cubia in there just felt like a waste. Ovan was top-tier though, having his reasoning corrupted by AIDA and still going to such lengths for Aina was cute as fuck.
>>
Why is Atoli such a shit?
>>
>>340817796
They split a single 40 hour rpg into 3 parts and added filler stretch it to 90 hours overall.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.