[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you fix Nintendo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 17
File: nintendo.jpg (10 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
nintendo.jpg
10 KB, 640x360
How would you fix Nintendo?
>>
>New IPs
>Less gimmicks
>Welcome a less casual / more engaged userbase
>>
>>340758259
remove amiibo's nfc chips and sell them as regular figures- stop creating artificial rarity
>>
I've still enjoyed the games so I can't say I care
>>
>no more gimmicks
>get 3rd party devs back
>try and outdo the competitions hardware
>make virtual console multi-tier paid subscription to play entire libraries of a given console, or all of them
>retire miyamoto
>>
Turn off region lock. Establish NoJ consultant for NoA that can override local decisions.

After that probably nothing else, except never ever listen to whiny fans.
>>
>>340758259
Fire Miyamoto.
>>
we need to fix western third parties first. the main question is how
>>
Resurrect Iwata from the grave.
>>
>>340759348
Kill them.

EA is the true savior here.
>>
>make good use of companies IPs
>make a console on par with the ones of the generation, or even more powerful
>try to innovate without stupid gimmicks
>make use of amiibos
>>
>>340759231
This would be a good step in the right direction.

Also plan for simultaneous releases of games worldwide instead of taking 8 months to bring certain games over. They should do localizations in studio in Japan to reduce costs, with some ties to English VA agencies if needed.
>>
>>340759631
>Also plan for simultaneous releases of games worldwide
I would support this too. Not sure how feasible it is for non Pokemon games but they do it with them.
>>
>>340758259
NX is an x86 Linux Distro.
Keep making Handhelds
Cross-buy and Region Free
Stop publishing entire games in other reigons just sell English translation DLC packs for the reigon free Jap versions
>>
>>340759704
They did the same for Kirby Robobot, then postponed the western release because of amiibo shortages.
>>
I definitely wouldn't announce a new console well over a year ago, totally crater support for my existing console, and then stay in near-radio silence outside.
>>
>>340758259
get out of the hardware business
>>
>>340760430
And then almost only show off a game which already has a confirmed port for the next console.

It just doesn't make sense
>>
>>340758259
>best systems NES + SNES
>neither system was gimmick based
>Nintendo was known for great gameplay and fresh/innovative ideas

It's not hard really, Nintendo just needs to go back to basics and continue growing from there.
>>
Fire all of NoA
>>
>>340758259
Don't listen to suggestions made by wannabe CEOs on the internet.
There, saved.
>>
>remove gimmicks
>get the strongest graphics
>get all the CoD and sports games
there you go, saved
>>
>>340758259
>keep doing FE like Fates, just give us one game next time though
>don't fuck up reboots like SF Zero
>do more original shit like Pikmin 1, Splatoon
>stop the censoring of certain things
>>changing something crazily Japanese in a game to something a little more American is understandable, but we can handle cleavage.

I'm not one of THOSE censorshipfags.

And slightly unrelated, but why no worldwide pokemon release? I can't wait to be spoilered on a game that has 90% of its fun factor based on discovering new things.
>>
File: 1462510886601.jpg (173 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462510886601.jpg
173 KB, 800x1000
>>340761929
>strongest graphics
>>
>>340762205
>changing something crazily Japanese in a game to something a little more American is understandable
I don't really understand why they do this, don't they want you to learn about new cultures? The media hypes multiculturalism so much, but then they willingly remove every bit of foreign cultural references.

Is it really so bad to have the player learn something new?
>>
>>340758259
disband. ive lost hope
>>
File: smug son of a bitch.png (331 KB, 502x289) Image search: [Google]
smug son of a bitch.png
331 KB, 502x289
>>340758259
>new Ips
>no gimmick
>less easy games
>third party support
>better graphics
>more edgy kid baits
>amiibos are just toy
and if none of this work,just go steam.
>>
More power, like, 16 core processor, 10ghz gpu, 32GB RAM.
>>
Release a technically competent console with no gimmicks and games that people want to play
>>
File: dong smug rich man.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
dong smug rich man.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>340762686
also
>no region lock
>reboot old IPs
>better tv ads
>>
>>340762912
>better tv ads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSsjLXjPbbI
like this
>>
File: happy jew.gif (1 MB, 234x234) Image search: [Google]
happy jew.gif
1 MB, 234x234
>>340763032
yes I like it
>>
>Desolve Nintendo of America
>New IPs
>Innovate without gimmicks
>3rd party support

It isn't hard.
>>
They have a new console coming right?

Without the support from the big publishers like EA/Activision/Ubi/2k et cetera the new console is DOA.
>>
>>340766242
>without AAA trash it's DOA
>>
>>340766364
That's correct.
>>
>>340766730
I hate this industry
>>
>>340758259
It can't be fixed.
>>
>>340766832
It's not that bad.

You need the mainstream popular games on your console if you want to compete.

The new Nintendo needs to be powerful enough^,x86 architecture because that would make the publishers and developers happier.
Also launch games need to killer I'm talking about everything that's relevant Nintendo
>>
>>340758259
"If it's broke, don't fix it." -Nintendo
>>
>>340768578
>turn all the consoles into just gimped PCs
Nah fuck you I'd rather them be last place than this
>>
>>340758259
You can't fix what is already broken.
>>
>>340768987
Well they have a choice to make.

Of course they're going to be gimped PCs because you can build ridiculous PCs these days but at what price anon...
That's the reality if you don't provide easy to work with hardware the big publishers will just tell you to fuck off you are number 4 after all XB1/PS4/PC/ -> Nintendo
>>
>>340769687
I miss the gens where the consoles were all consoles with their own unique traits and games
>>
>>340768987
Isn't that what all consoles have been from the start? Give or take a gimmick
>>
>>340769965
Not really, consoles used to distinguish themselves by mostly consisting if exclusives and first-party developers, along with the odd gimmick as you said. Over the years, though, the industry has shifted into.the exact opposite situation.
>>
>>340769863
Hahah yea

You still have the WiiU that's a unique console this gen
>>
They've got a very serious image problem. Everyone's been convinced for years now that Nintendo is a baby company. The problem is that, instead of fighting this image, Nintendo has actively embraced it, and just continue to work under this assumption that children are still the primary target audience and no one else really matters.

A few important things that should be done: They need to expand in general. Get more game development teams, especially ones outside of Japan. Make more "mature" games. Beef up their marketing, because their advertising efforts now are laughably poor. Try and create a new image for Nintendo and show the world that they can do more than just "Nintendo games".

They also need to stop thinking of everything gimmicks first. The Wii U and the 3DS were horribly gimped as a result of them trying their hardest to shoehorn in gimmicks that inflated the price and ultimately resulted in weaker hardware all around. They should just make a strong console and only put in gimmicks if they can be done cheaply.

And NoA simply needs to be destroyed and rebuilt from the ground up. That whole thing is rotten to the core for a large number of reasons and I can't see it being solved without mass firings.
>>
>>340770485
I don't know if you're being ironic or not, but it is.
>>
3rd party support

actual consoles
>>
>>340758259
pull out from the west and become Japan exclusive
>>
Nintendo made a mistake by abandoning the millions of households that still have a CRT television and have not upgraded to the experimental (plasma? lcd? led? oled? lol) panel displays that are not ready for prime time. CRT sales will continue to sell briskly while flat panels have too much FUD around it for anyone to want to take a chance on an unproven product.
>>
>>340771260
The hell are you talking about, the Wii U is the only console of the 3 that has Composite and HDMI outputs
>>
>>340771556
Wii U was a mistake. They should have continued with the path they have blazed by exploiting CRT technology to the fullest, and not be pressured to create products that may languish when competing with other products that exploit the flat panel displays.
>>
>>340770976
that's way too ambitious for good old pragmatic Nintendo.

>>340770986
anon made me chuckle with the previous post that's all
ofc the WiiU is unique but itt we are discussing how to make Nintendo successful and relevant again
>>
>>340771717
elaborate, CRT's biggest draw is refresh rates as far as I know, its clear nintendo would rather aim for 720p@60fps than 1080p@30
>>
>>340771760
If relevancy requires homogenization then I don't want them to become "relevant"
>>
1) accept that they are a niche market for the time being, wait until they grow back once the sony bubble succumbs to PC especially with the 4.5 disaster.

2) focus on games with a grand vision gameplay-wise, realistically ACTUALLY aim to making a future timeless classic instead of an 8/10 at best, while saving money on marketing, graphics, voice acting, or any other poorly efficient field that in the end does not matter to creating a masterpiece VIDEOGAME. No fucking minigames anymore either.

3) drop the hardware gimmicks unless they are 100% optional, non-disruptive, and not costing being half the system value for something you use 2% of the time; which is the opposite of 3DS's 3d, Wii's motion controls, and WiiU's 120$ tablet just to mention the last 3 failures.

4) keep the amiibos to rip the extreme drones off and increase production creating more limited editions of them, exploiting on their compulsory buying disorder, but do not tie any game content to them whatsoever, not even cosmetics. Maybe some sort of shitty titles for the online profiles, or backgrounds. Shit that has nothing to do with the games.
>>
Well, getting rid of region-lock would be a start.
Then, maybe, improve the performance of the online services and enable people to use the eshops of other regions.

That's the one, single part I love about Sony.
>>
>>340758259
Get rid of Miyamoto and his motion controls fetish.
>>
Become a third party
>>
File: MUGI.gif (645 KB, 500x443) Image search: [Google]
MUGI.gif
645 KB, 500x443
>>340758259
Let's be honest - Nintendo's "family-friendly" image is killing them....

Nintendo's perceived image and casualization coupled with cancerous DLC and content locking practices with amiibos is what's killing them. Add in a piss poor marketing department that doesn't understand the modern gaming world with a localization team full of millenial social justice scum that want to butcher and deform their localization projects to fit their agenda, and its failures all over the place.

What Nintendo has to do.

-Fire entire marketing team, they're failures
-Restructure and GUT Nintendo of america
-Drop gimmicks altogether, there's no market for them anymore. You WILL NOT EVER REPLICATE the boom you had with the Wii, it was a one time thing drop it.
-STOP OVERSIMPLIFYING your first party titles. This couples in with the last thing I said. You're not pushing creative gameplay boundaries like you used to, this is what Nintendo is best known for. Instead you're pushing gimmicks into your fucking games and expanding them through that. No one wants that anymore, fuck off.
-Stop pandering to shareholders and pander to your actual fanbase. It's larger than you think Nintendo
>>
>>340772926
PSN in HK and Japan wouldn't take my Mastercard or Visa, ironically enough my American Express card did.

they both still wanted an address in those countries, luckily anything works but its not exactly designed to be used in all reigons
>>
>>340759403
so we can humiliate him and kill him again right?
>>
>>340768987
>>340772696
This is just the dumbest shit.

Think for a moment what Nintendo's gimmicks and weak hardware actually bring to the table.

They can still have their motion controls since those are relatively cheap. They can still have their IPs. What are we really losing if we drop the tablet? It's forced into a handful of games in typically completely optional ways. That adds so little compared to what could be gained by just getting rid of it and making a stronger console. Or hell, what about the 3D? That is the biggest gimmick ever, it adds nothing in terms of gameplay and they even let you turn it off. Think of the money and resources that could have been saved if they just decided not to use it.

Being different just for the sake of it isn't a good thing, especially when it's clearly resulting in negative effects.
>>
>ITT: biggest autists and.shitposters on /v/ think they know better than the longest-running, most financially successful, and only of the "big three" to never have operated at a loss.
You're all so fucking stupid honestly.
>>
>>340773226
>luckily anything works

Well, I entered the address of the forwarding service I use.
It's not like they'll ever send anything, except ads maybe.
>>
>>340773475
Nice strawman, but this isn't really about the tablet controller.
>>
Drop out of the home console business and just focus on making a really good handheld. Maybe in the future if there's enough room to compete or make a compelling home console then they can try to reenter, but get out of the race for now.

Also, the NX better not be a fucking phone/tablet/phablet/faggot.
>>
File: image.gif (478 KB, 450x256) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
478 KB, 450x256
Nintendo's trying to fix themselves with NX but people are shitposting them to death for not giving info yet

It's hard to take any opinion about their future seriously because of this regardless whether it's positive or negative
>>
>>340773664
I used hotels I randomly googled

I'm still annoyed that its such a pain in the ass to switch accounts on the PSP and Vita, I have some NA PSP games and HK PSP games, but unlike the PS3 you cant just switch accounts, you have to factory reset the PSP and Vita to switch

I wish sony would do something about this, it feels wrong to call it the region free experience when you can't even easily switch regions
>>
>>340773567
Fucking this.
Finally someone said it.
>>
>>340773708
You're the one talking about homogenization, IE, making their consoles the same as the rest.

But at this point that can really only bring positive things for Nintendo. There is no benefit to them being so "unique". All they get out of it is hardware too weak to run popular games and controllers that even they usually fail to utilize well.
>>
>>340773567
Didn't Nintendo post a loss for a fiscal year or two back when the Wii was dying on the vine and they were trying to get Wii U out?
>>
>>340773567
The disasters that were the Wii U and the 3DS could have been seen from a mile away by anyone not blinded by the success of the Wii and DS. I will say, definitively, that I and likely many others here know better than Nintendo's executives on that subject, because they showed right then and there that they have no fucking clue how to make a successful console. All they could manage was just to make a shallow copy of their previous success but with none of the things that actually made them sell in the first place.
>>
>>340773971
Only got experience with it on the PS3.
Assumed it would be the same with the handhelds.

Guess not only Nintendo is stuck in (at best) the last century.
>>
>>340773567
>people just innocently discussing a topic
>y-you're just a bunch of idiots who know nothing!
>calling others shitposters

Holy shit, go empty your piss bottles you autistic manchild.
>>
>>340774232
>There is no benefit to them being so "unique".
To them, perhaps. But I vastly would prefer them to maintain their traditional values since I hate the gimped PCs of the other current gen consoles, and how much their library, specs, and features are shared that there's almost no difference between them. Nintendo joining this bandwagon could go either way - they could end up only benefiting, with strong first and third parties, or it could result in a drop in their consumerbase (especially first party game sales) due to the other platforms having most of the market share to themselves.
>>
to their credit, the Vita and DS both play physically games from any region without any hassle, i'm sure the PSP did too but I only have a PSPGo.

Just the 3DS and Digital PSN went full retard
>>
>>340774482
Given the game sales are doing fine, and the 3DS is as successful as it could really be in the age of smartphones, I don't really see it anon.

>>340774613
Wow you sure showed me with all those ad hominems
>>
File: 1440387897995.jpg (20 KB, 328x396) Image search: [Google]
1440387897995.jpg
20 KB, 328x396
>>340758259

All it would take is 3 things:

1. BURN DOWN THE TREEHOUSE. Localization should only contain changes required by law, beyond that should be straight translation ONLY.

2. KILL AMIBOS. Obvious sucker tax is obvious.

3. NO MORE GIMMICKS. This seems obvious but we are discussing Nintendo here and they get off on gimmicks.
>>
>>340775016
meant for >>340774552
>>
>>340763032
Get the actor behind Kevin Butler and do the same kind of ads for Nintendo, see Sonyponies get riled up and drink their tears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ems9XwnLyKc
>>
>>340775090
>accusing ad hominem when the first post was ad hominem

Nice b8. Unless you actually are a dipshit. kek
>>
>>340775267
I had an argument with my post, you only had ad hominems
>>
>>340775090
You really don't see it?

You really don't see that the Wii U is Nintendo's worst selling console yet, and it's entirely the fault of Nintendo having no idea what to do with it or how to sell it to people? You really don't see how it's been such a trainwreck for them that they've essentially opted to just pretend it doesn't exist for the last half of its lifespan?

Fuck, the 3DS made all of the same mistakes the Wii U did, the only reason it still made any money is because its only competition is the fucking Vita, which is getting the Wii U cold shoulder treatment from Sony, but it's still a huge step down for them given how much power they used to wield in the handheld sector.
>>
File: heyscoob.jpg (39 KB, 600x865) Image search: [Google]
heyscoob.jpg
39 KB, 600x865
>>340762214
>he doesn't want good graphics

Ok
>>
>>340772709
>Wii's motion controls
>failure

Holy shit. Do people this stupid really exist?
>>
>>340775703

He meant failure in execution, not sales.
>>
>>340775671
Define strongest graphics? one of those insane $3000 GPU's from Nvidia?

Because if your criteria is 'just stronger than the competition" thats what the Wii U was, the Wii U is stronger than the PS3 and 360, it came out a year before we even knew what the PS4 specs were going to be, the rumors all said the PS4 was going to be a quad-core box with 4GB of RAM for example

You people don't make sense sometimes, the console specs are decided months before they actually launch, you have to ship the dam things and produce them, that means when Nintendo actually decided the Wii U gpu the equivalent to the PS4 was a lot more expensive
>>
>>340775114
>1. BURN DOWN THE TREEHOUSE

This is by far the most important step
>>
>>340774894
I keep hearing this "gimped PC" shit, as if that's worse than what Nintendo has now, which is BELOW gimped PC.

The reason there are so many features shared among these consoles is because these features make sense. It's not like Nintendo has some unique and interesting alternative to these features, they either have some extremely limited version of them or simply don't have them at all.

Being a worse version of something might make it unique but it sure as fuck doesn't make it good.
>>
>>340775504
The big red flag for the 3DS is that it's actually sold less than the N64 in the American market and I'm pretty sure it's the first Nintendo handheld to sell better in Japan than it did in the United States.

That's not good for Nintendo.
>>
>>340775114
>kill ambios
No thanks. Get rid of things being stuck behind them, sure. But I enjoy my cheap ass mcdonald toys sitting on my shelf, m8.
>>
>>340775504
I know it's fun to be doom and gloom on /v/ but if we're being serious, the Wii U is a poor turnout for Nintendo. However, as I mentioned already the games sell well, and it's still been sold at a profit - the sales are lower than their previous, more successful, consoles: but this is nowhere so bad that they'd actually need saving in any sense of the word.

That said, obviously some improvements need to be made. Mostly in their marketing department if you ask me, as if you market to the average normalfag/casual they won't care about specs or whatever else. Dropping mandatory gimmicks is also a good idea, unless they're cheap enough to not pose much of a threat.

Like I said, though, they're doing fine financially - only /v/ likes to pretend otherwise for god knows what reason.

>>340775776
The Wii plus motion controls are honestly pretty good. The gamepad motion controls are nearly flawless, it's not a difficult thing to do anymore since 10 years have passed since their conception.
>>
>>340775983
>>340775983
>
because Nintendo is so backwards thinking. They should have anticipated what PS4 and Xbone specs and out do it, not match and outdo the soon to be phased out PS3 and 360
>>
>>340758259
Nintendo simply needs more games coming out, they're far too slow at the moment.
It really doesn't matter if they have a weak console with a gimmicky controller. Only reason people buy Nintendo consoles is to play Nintendo games
>>
>>340776446
100% agree. Anyone saying otherwise doesn't at all know what they're talking about
>>
>>340776321
That's not even what the original post in this chain was talking about, though. You or some other guy implied no one on /v/ knows better than Nintendo on how to run their business.

I'm saying anyone who saw their plans for the Wii U and 3DS would know better than them, because even people with no business sense could tell you all the reasons why their plans were dumb as all hell.
>>
>>340776446
>Nintendo simply needs more games coming out, they're far too slow at the moment.

Nintendo has only themselves to blame for this. Their bullying and douchebag business tactics have alienated just about everyone.

Just karma in action
>>
>>340776423
No one expected a design unified GDDR5, everyone suspected as I said a quad core x86 box with 4GB of DDR3 and 1GB GPU. All we knew was it was going to be more traditional which those rumored specs are more traditional and kick the shit out of the PS3

The PS4 specs were such an anomaly you didn't even see more than 6GB of VRAM on a GPU unless you were on the $1000+ end

You never saw unified Memory architecture because its common knowledge that VRAM has higher latency than System RAM

Nintendo did anticipate the price and designed accordingly. Suffice to say if the PS4 had the specs that everyone rumored them to have then the Wii U to PS4 gap would be a lot closer to Dreamcast vs Xbox
>>
>>340776716
>no one on /v/ knows better than Nintendo on how to run their business.
Which is true, Nintendo are still making sizable profit so they're doing something right. Biggest hardware sales don't necessarily equate to the biggest business success, that's not how it works.
>>
>>340776423
Nintendo doesn't have big enough teams to develop games that have graphics on the "PS4 standard".
Actually, nobody really has. That's why almost all the games nowadays are safe and bland multiplatform games, and indie projects. Neither of those really fits the Nintendo brand, and even if they changed that, it wouldn't benefit anyone to have three consoles on the market that are practically the same.
No matter what they do, they won't sell to the crowd that wants the most powerful, coolest console. The real problem they have is that they aren't giving their existing supporters anything at the moment
>>
>>340776960
actually, MS speculated PS4 specs correctly, it was just supposed to be 4GB GDDR5 , and designed their console to basically BTFO the supposed 4GB GDDR5.

But the 8GB was the super last minute addition because of the price drop of the ram
>>
>>340776989
You can't just say "they're making a profit from this one thing" and pretend that makes it all okay.

Their hardware was a failure. Straight up, it failed to meet even the most basic of expectations. People here on /v/ likely couldn't run a business and can't tell you exactly what Nintendo should do, but at the very least, on that particular subject, I would say most everyone knows better on the subject of how to sell a console if the Wii U is Nintendo's idea of how it should be done.
>>
>>340777246
because they are backwards thinking.

They think that their audience will not grow old, and will play the same types of games, over and over.

at least, Sony produces some artsy fartsy game, kiddie shit game, racing game, fps game, tps, action game, rpg game, every single generation
>>
>>340777362
MS did because they had more tiem, it wasn't until after the Wii U came out did people realize holy shit both boxes are going to be quad core 4GB boxes, so both of them (probably) had the ingenious idea to out do eachother and double up on RAM and Thread count, especially since AMD was going to start selling cheap new 8 threaded chips
>>
>>340777589
>They think that their audience will not grow old, and will play the same types of games, over and over.
This argument falls apart every single time CoD and Battlefield pass 1m sales

Everytime a Sports game from EA passes 1m sales

Everytime another GTA or Asscreed passes 1m sales
>>
>>340777565
>implying the hardware made a net loss
?
>>
>>340777956
It's still a failure regardless.
>>
>>340777589
>will play the same types of games, over and over
I don't think people who say this actually play Nintendo games.
I buy Nintendo consoles because they always have very polished and comparatively high budget niche games, which is a thing that has all but disappeared from video games nowadays. No other console on the market could have had Wonderful 101 or Pikmin 3
>>
>>340777748
the point over just passed over your head dipshit.

obviously meant that Sony has diverse IPs and game genre portfolios, attracting wider fanbases, which encourages more dev supporting it, which in turn you can get weebshit games or generic western games.

with Nintendo, its always Mario or someone related to Mario.

when was the last time Nintendo made a true-blue FPS? when was the last time Nintendo made an RPG without Mario starring on it? When is the last time Nintendo made a sports game without Mario? When was the last time Nintendo made an experimental artsy fartsy game?
>>
>>340778104
Just because you don't like it or is there an actual reason?
As financially (i.e. the only aspect that actually matters to a business) it did fine. Could've done much better obviously, but it wasn't even close to being "in the red", as they say. Honestly this whole thread is autists with wishlists because they have no clue how businesses actually operate.
>>
File: diecomparison.jpg (910 KB, 1870x900) Image search: [Google]
diecomparison.jpg
910 KB, 1870x900
>>340776960
Microsoft actually made an attempt at beating Sony up.
You can see this intent in the fact that the physical Xbox One chip is large than the PS4 chip, it's larger and features more transistors. AND it used AMD's newer GPU technology.

Nintendo on the other hand, they recycled an old CPU architechtutre which was from the Wii, which is an old recycled CPU architecture which is from the gamecube, which is probably some old CPU from somewhere else...eh.
And they use AMD's old GPU architechture which was designed for the first generation Xbox 360.

Nintendo really failed on this parameter.
Microsoft also sort of failed, but their leadership had the right ambition, and the right intention to make the processor larger and faster.
>>
>>340758259
>Stop trying to sell consoles based around a special snowflake gimmick
>Revival of beloved IPs
>Put Mario on the back burner for a little bit
>release an official Nintendo app for iOS and Android equivalent to virtual console, sell games at $3.99 each. One emulator that plays anything from GameBoy to SNES.
>Zelda game based on princess Zelda's training with the Shiekah and accomplishments while the hero of time was MIA.
>F-Zero game with 2 functions, one: fast as fuck racing, two: Develop Captain Falcon as a badass bounty hunter with God Hand style gameplay.
>Rethink Pokemon games, it has been 25 years of the same shit. It's time.
>Get rid of NoA and NoE. Let NoJ handle everything by including the option for players to choose to play the censored version if that's what they want and include the non censored versions in ALL games.
>Crucify Fils-Amie for shamefur dispray of leadership.
>Keep Iwata's memory by continuing to include customers and fans in Nintendo Directs.
>Embrace the eSports scene and sponsor Smash, Pokken, Mario Kart and whatever else can be competitive.
>Build consoles that are functional, powerful and easy to develop for.
>do cloaborations with third parties, like including Little Mac in an NX port of SFV and similar things.
>Follow Marvel's example of blending characters of the same universe like Cap. Falcon, Samus and Kirby together in one type of game, Zelda X Fire Emblem, shit of that nature.
>More merch like a smash bros set of Figmas, a Nintendo Smartphone, etc.

It's too long already
>>
>>340758259
No more region locking
No more censorship
No more on-disc DLC locked to toys

That's a good start.
>>
>>340773567
Only correct reply.

Rest are just the dreams of retards
>>
>>340778374
>is there an actual reason?

Are you blind?

How about "it not only didn't live up to expectations, it failed to meet them so hard it sold worse than the fucking Gamecube"? How about "they lost 80% of their market share in a single console generation"? How about "it sold so poorly that everyone that planned on supporting the thing dropped it like it was radioactive, including goddamned Nintendo themselves"?
>>
>>340778365
Nintendo rarely makes FPS that is true

Tokyo Mirage? Xeno X? Nintendo doesn't make... when was the last time sony made a sports game?

>experimental artsy fartsy
what the hell do you call Splatoon?

>>340778381
I dont have a response for your first point

That is correct because Backwards compatibility is a pretty big deal for nintendo and I thank them for working with IBM all these years to not break that. My Wii U flawlessly plays Wii and Gamecube games because of the efforts of Nintendo BC initiative and some Hackers who made softmodding it possible

Nintendo tried going for a more modern GPGPU design its not like the dam thing was from 2004 like everyone pretends. They also put that huge 32MB eDRAM cache on it which devs constantly said the cache on the 360 was too small, microsoft heard the complaints too as the Xbone uses 32MB of eSRAM cache
>>
>>340779000
Yeah and the ideas in this thread to improve that really make sense...Also worth noting that support only dropped this past year, prior games and amiibos have been doing fell (one could say they "saved" the systems poor sales). Still, the hardware sales are an extremely exaggerated point here, and barely matter to the company's financial state in the long run.
>>
>>340778285
I would liken people who love and buy Nintendo consoles and games as boring people.

Nintendo is their McDonalds and their games are the cheeseburger. Its consistent and the reason why you go to mcd's.

With Sony and MS, its like a bloc party grilla, sometimes the menu is scary and bad, but sometimes you get good stuff like deep fried watermelon
>>
Why did Nintendo lose all of their third party support so quickly? As soon as the Playstation hit the market everybody left Nintendo for them and never went back.
>>
>>340779478
Nintendo lost 3rd Party support only when you dont count indies as 3rd Parties
>>
>>340779072
>That is correct because Backwards compatibility is a pretty big deal for nintendo and I thank them for working with IBM all these years to not break that.
This isn't the right approach.
Intel and AMD release new CPUs all the time which are refinements of the previous generation, with added tweaks here and there and updated parts here and there. They also do not break compatibility.
Nintendo could have easily asked IBM to do the same over the years, without breaking compatibility as well. But they didn't.

>its not like the dam thing was from 2004 like everyone pretends.
Sorry but EDRAM cache and and VLIW5 architecture is 2005 technology. The Nintendo GPU is basically the Xbox 360's younger and improved little brother.
>>
>>340779478
Nintendo's quality control standards were too high. I wish I was making this up.
>>
>>340779072
Sony makes the Show, baseball games.

Splatoon is a TPS with some game mechanic twist, not exactly artsy fartsy game.

Nintendo doesnt even make games like Flower, Flow.

Nintendo even demoted the studio that makes Waverace and 1080 and split them to Treehouse and WiiU app studio
>>
>>340779478
Two reasons: Nintendo stuck with carts while Sony offered CDs. Carts are far more expensive to produce and have much less storage space, so going with Sony was an obvious choice if either of those was a concern.

Second reason, Nintendo was known for being pretty stern and overbearing with third parties. They all got much more freedom when they jumped ship.
>>
File: Frank.jpg (141 KB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
Frank.jpg
141 KB, 1600x800
>>340758259

>How would you fix Nintendo?

Burn it to the ground.
>>
>>340779809
>edgy post
>donny darko pic
Are you 15?
>>
>>340779478
Because when the fifth generation of consoles came along everyone moved to CD-ROM for data storage but Nintendo thought they knew better as usual.
>>
>>340779982
>but Nintendo thought they knew better as usual.
False.
Nintendo didn't want to pay royalty fees for the format, as well as already having the supplies themselves to manufacture carts from previous gen - basically both of these lead to the decision to avoid discs.
>>
>>340779703
>>340779763
Actually Nintendo didn't play the game fair at all.

They allowed their own 1st party games to cartridges with twice the amount of of storage compared to competitors, which was a Huge deal back then.
Which is the whole root of the problem. Nintendo sees 3rd party as enemies.
3rd parties look like Parasites and leeches in Nintendo's eyes, and they had to be fought.

Sony treated 3rd parties as equal partners.
>>
Fire everyone in Treehouse and all of NoA
>>
File: JOKES.jpg (198 KB, 1028x1513) Image search: [Google]
JOKES.jpg
198 KB, 1028x1513
>>340779871

Holy shit dude, relax.

I forgot how loyal Nintendo fans are.
>>
File: latest.jpg (216 KB, 668x619) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
216 KB, 668x619
blood, gore, edge.
>>
>>340780308
>They allowed their own 1st party games to cartridges with twice the amount of of storage compared to competitors, which was a Huge deal back then.
Can you source this? It's the first I've ever heard this

>>340780516
How do you know he wasn't also joking?
Are you new?
>>
File: BooFuckingHoo.jpg (37 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
BooFuckingHoo.jpg
37 KB, 640x360
>>340780630

>Haha, I was just pretending to be a butt-blasted Nintendo cock sucker! You can insult them! Go ahead! I don't mind. Nope! I'm not crying!
>>
>>340780630
>Can you source this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtQww-VMYlQ
I don't know how that video survived the sands of time, but there it is.
>>
>>340780814
Welcome, newfriend :)
>>
File: 07889029580.jpg (93 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
07889029580.jpg
93 KB, 512x512
>>340780886

Okay :)
>>
>>340780516
>Say you're just joking
>Then proceed to say something that suggests you weren't

You're bad at this whole 4chan thing, huh
>>
>>340779625
>Nintendo could have easily asked IBM to do the same over the years, without breaking compatibility as well. But they didn't.

Thats exactly what Nintendo did though, the Espresso is not the Broadway is not the Gekko

I didn't say the eDRAM was the reason its modern that was a second point I was making after I said it was more modern. and you didn't see GPGPU's in consoles before the Wii U

>>340779741
Ah I see, then Wii Sports/Resort/Club are probably the last sports games nintendo has made
>>
>>340780970
Don't worry, your reddit image reposts are safe here! xD
>>
>>340779703
No. Nintendo was charging near double the platform royalty rate that SONY was [a practice they didn't actually stop until well into the Gamecube's life cycle] on top of charging third parties $7-12 per cartridge that they had to buy direct from Nintendo.

This is why N64 games often retailed for $60-70 while Playstation games were usually around $40-50.
>>
So TL;DR /v/ wants Nintendo to be Sony?
>>
File: 1464556271198.png (245 KB, 630x357) Image search: [Google]
1464556271198.png
245 KB, 630x357
Remove Miyamoto and gimmicks.
>>
>>340780985
D-DELETE THIS!
I'm not new I swear, I've been browsing since 2014!
>>
>>340781239

I don't need help, bro.

>>340781103
>>340780985
>>340780886

Man, even MGS fans don't rage this hard when trolled.
>>
>>340781360
How much are you going to backpedal?
Make your mind up - are you making a joke or baiting, switching between them makes you look stupid
>>
>>340781013
>the Espresso is not the Broadway is not the Gekko
Wii = Gamecube overclocked with 243 MHz.
Wii U = 3 Wii CPU put on the same die, and overclocked by 511 MHz.

Throughout that decade the CPU core was the same, not a single die improvement was made. Not a single attempt at beefing up the CPU core besides the small overclocks.
That isn't how Intel and AMD operates at all.
>>
>>340781013
The CPU in the Wii U is based on the same 750CL that Nintendo has been using since Gamecube. They just shrink the process and in the Wii U's case, add more cores. There are some other functions that get added in, but it's the same core.

The other guy is saying that Nintendo had other PowerPC options they could have migrated to, like the G4 or G5 series.
>>
File: 1399474977118.jpg (48 KB, 479x360) Image search: [Google]
1399474977118.jpg
48 KB, 479x360
There's no fixing Nintendo at this point. And they have so much dosh they could burn through it non-stop for more than half a century and still not be bankrupt.

Talk about being between a rock and a hard place.
>>
>>340781013
Can you seriously imagine, someone into soccer, or baseball, who plays fantasy football teams or whatnot, going within 10 feet with that thing?

Nintendo isnt even competitive anymore, without Howard Lincoln.

Howard Lincoln would pay some high profile player from nba,mlb,nhl and slap their face on the cover of their produced sports game, something like Brett Hull super hockey or something.

But No, Nintendo wants to slap their Miis or Mario on it, W101 and Splatoon almost got Mariofied too
>>
>>340781649
Oh

I thought he was saying
> They just shrink the process and in the Wii U's case, add more cores. There are some other functions that get added in

isn't

>new CPUs all the time which are refinements of the previous generation, with added tweaks here and there and updated parts here and there

>>340781635
I see alright you win, I obviously don't know as much about the situation as you.
>>
>>340758259
>Remove Treehouse
>Stop Shiggy from interfering with mario spinoffs
>Get atlus or namco to localise for them
>buy capcom
>>
>>340782091
>Stop Shiggy from interfering with mario spinoffs
I think you mean Tanabe
does anyone have that interview?
>>
>>340758259
Fire Miyamoto from a cannon into a brick wall.
>>
>>340783493
And presumably he then makes a game using a giant cannon peripheral?
>>
>>340783493
Mario 64 2 confirmed
>>
>>340773869
>Nintendo's trying to fix themselves with NX
So far it's not looking good bro.

That NX is on the Titanic's route if the latest rumours about it using Nvidia smartphone chip is true.
We better fucking hope this refers to only the portable portion of the NX, and not the home console.
Because if the home console will be riddled with that shit, then the NX is pretty much nothing more than the Ouya 2.0.
>>
>>340784935
>believing rumours
>>
TWO OPTIONS

>Nintendo capitulated as it has been - kids' choice:
Focus efforts and money into A+ vidyas
Stubborn chassis for the console
Match graphics up with current console generation
Develop truly different and more accurated interface (no dull wands)

>Nintendo for all ages:
Focus on Nintendo exclusive vidyas
Pairing main console with other Nintendo devices (I.e. manage Kingdom Hearts stash inventory via Nintendo DS)
Option for advanced users in contextual menu for more options and costumizations
>>
>>340786279
Why just 2 options?
This isn't a binary choice matter.
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.