[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people goes crazy to play last gen games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 74f.jpg (54 KB, 500x558) Image search: [Google]
74f.jpg
54 KB, 500x558
Why is this allowed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZitQUSwhEQ

why are they so happy to play 360 games? did they buy new console to play 360 games?

what kind of M$ magic is this
>>
Because it's a nice gesture and they don't charge you extra for it.
>>
>>340734754
a nice gesture makes you crazy about this and dancing like guy in right bottom?
>>
>>340734713
Because Sony was not only recharging people to play their old games on their new console, but could only be done via streaming. So allowing you to replay some old games, for free was a nice gesture.

However it's kind of silly, since for the price of the consoles they should have full backwards compat out of the box, like the WiiU did.
>>
i just want to play Dead Rising 1 on my new console
>>
>>340734713
>backwards compatibility

they were hawking this shit back for the 360 and they didnt fucking deliver
>>
console cuck dancing out of happiness because some greedy jew allow them to play a restricted library of game difficultly running in 25 fps.

In the same time I can start any old classic game like system shock 2 on my pc for free.
>>
Backwards compatibility is nice because you don't need to keep your old console around if you want to replay your old games. Also, the Xbox 360 was a piece of shit hardware-wise and a lot of people had a broken X360. Backwards compatibility would have allowed them to play those games on the XB1 rather than rebuy an X360. Plus if you play the games on the Xbox One you can actually hear the audio of the games, which is also nice.

The problem is that the backwards compatibility on the Xbone is crap and none of the actually good exclusives are backwards compatible, aside from Halo but that's already available in the master chief collection anyway.
>>
>>340734713
xboxers were really desperate
>>
>>340734713

Because the new consoles have barely any decent games to play, so letting people play their old library opens up some longevity and use for them.

Personally I think the mere idea that backwards compatibility isn't mandatory and rather a feature to be applauded is archaic as fuck.
>>
But the backwards compatibility is shit. Theres only like 50 games on it. Can't even play Skate 3 yet
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.