[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game any good? The DLC looks skeevy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: mordheim.jpg (205 KB, 900x485) Image search: [Google]
mordheim.jpg
205 KB, 900x485
Is this game any good? The DLC looks skeevy.
>>
The dlc is just a couple of units. It's barely anything to even get in a fucking tiff over.
>>
That dlc was released months ago, you can get all of it for 6 bucks. The unit types are nice desu, it's not really "skeevy"
>>
How much do you actually like Mordheim? If the answer is anything from "not really" to "only somewhat" then you might like this game.
>>
>>340734038
>>340734185
But is it good?
>>
>>340734285
It's basically xcom but without the restricted tile based movement syste. Combats fine and it's pretty nice. Go watch some gameplay videos to see if you like the style of game. This is based on an old tabletop game so please for fucks sake know that going in.
>>
Does it have a campaign mode or open map where you pick missions and shit? Or is it all skirmish mode intended for multiplayer?
>>
>>340734581
You start a warband. You choose some randomly made missions. Your warband gets far enough in reg missions. A story mission pops up. Keep grinding. Play story mission. Play normal missions until a new one pops up.

That's mordheim single player, I don't think the multiplayer is all too active
>>
>>340734712

So literally XCOM.

Been thinking of getting the game because I love Fantasy, and I didn't realise it left early access months ago.
>>
>>340734812
Yeah it's basically a melee focused xcom. You do get big monster units as well. It's a fine buy but do know everything that happens is permanent. Even if it's that your top tier guy or entire squad where just wiped out or greatly injured you CAN NOT reload your save.
>>
>>340734812
Considering some games never leave early access thats not too surprising
>>
File: nekrohashtagneverforget.jpg (218 KB, 680x920) Image search: [Google]
nekrohashtagneverforget.jpg
218 KB, 680x920
>>340734925

Tell me about it.

>>340734912

Well, I would like to buy it, but it's pretty damn expensive on most sites. You can get for like 15 bucks on G2Play, but that's via a Steam gift, and that bullshit is against the TOS. Don't want to get banned over a game.

Might as well wait for the summer sale.
>>
>>340735128
Yeah, it's definitely in my opinion a good experience but I don't think it's worth the price on steam.
>>
>>340735128

So that's what happened to Nekro. That shit's been in development forever.
>>
Still waiting on Dwarf treasure hunters warband.
>>
>>340736330

It's dead now. Developer started deleting threads and then decided to ban everyone who asked why and then he shut off the entire forums. Then after a day he restored everything and said that development had ceased and the game failed.

Which is fucking hilarious because they only had like 2 levels left to make, and apparently the guy who made it also worked with Subnautica or something which has sold incredibly well due to Youtube coverage. Makes you wonder why he didn't use a bit of that money to continue with Nekro.

It's a shame. Game was solid, didn't have to die. It's completely gone from the Steam store and everything, and none of the backers got any of their physical stuff.
>>
>>340736556
Everything I'm reading on this says it's more than one guy, the whole thing is supposedly a failure because of division between the two partners.
>>
>>340736675

Possibly, and the guy who wrote the review said all the rewards were finished and waiting for shipping. Sucks to be one of the faggots who gave a thousand bucks or something to development.

Hopefully they will come to their senses one day (problably won't) and release the game proper.
>>
Game is fun, I'm a cheapskate so I'm waiting for the DLC to go on sale.

It's X-Com x Darkest Dungeon if you want to cross it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.