[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the point of the Poison type? I't easily the worst type.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 250px-024Arbok.png (67 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-024Arbok.png
67 KB, 250x250
What is the point of the Poison type? I't easily the worst type.
>>
to cuck fairies and cuck stall with toxic
>>
Its a good defensive type.

Steel type attacks are pretty much universally shit besides meteor mash.
>>
>>340721498
>cuck cuck cuck
Stop posting.
>>
>>340720578
To give me boners.
>>
>>340721571
This.
>>
>>340721571
>fairyfag/stallfag mad he got cucked by poison
continue posting for my amusement
>>
>>340720578
Like many things in gen 1, I think Poison was just an idea that never got thought through all the way. Kind of like the Dragon type only having one Dragon type move with set damage, or pretty much everything about Beedrill back in Red/Blue.

In future gens it became a bit more viable thanks to having an actually useful niche with status effects like Toxic and the right tools to support it. Kind of like what happened to Bug type except not as obvious.
>>
>>340721550
This

It's just shit for attacking
>>
It's not too bad when combined with other things, but yeah, I'd say it's towards the bottom of the type tier list.

Nowhere near as bad as ice though.
>>
>>340722735
>Effective against a third of the types
>Bad

Slapped one Ice beam on my Blastoise in gen 1 and never looked back. Hi Venusaur, bye Venusaur
>>
6 generations, and STILL no poison type legendary
I hope gen7 finally fixes this
>>
File: 1365130370254s.jpg (7 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1365130370254s.jpg
7 KB, 250x242
>if gamefreak ever decides to buff poison more, it will probably be SE against bug
>>
>>340720578
>I't easily the worst type.
Grass is.
>>
>>340722981
>fuck bug over even more
DELETE THIS
DELETE FAIRIES
DELETE TALONFLAME
>>
>>340720578
To represent Poisonous animals, radioactive mutants (Like Muk) and other trash?
>>
>>340720578
Uh, no? Poison is a good type in theory. It's mediocre in attack but good in defense, it's immune to its own status condition and even clears the field of poison spikes.
However the reason it's a bad type is because a good 90% of the Pokemon that compose it have really shitty stats, no moves or bad stat distribution.
>>
>>340720578
To have the best looking Pokemon, and (now) to counter Fairy.
>>
>>340723181
>It's a good type, its pokemon just all suck

Yeah, that's why it's the shittiest type.
>>
File: 250px-034Nidoking.png (56 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-034Nidoking.png
56 KB, 250x250
Best Poison type reporting in
>>
>>340722263
>or pretty much everything about Beedrill back in Red/Blue

I always found it interesting how they designed the shitty bug Pokemon in Gen 1 - 4. I'm pretty sure they're designed as "early game" Pokemon that you're supposed to use since they get a tier 3 evolution much quicker than other Pokemon. Unfortunately this usually means you have to drop them mid game since they just become fucking useless once actual tier 3 and even tier 2 evolutions start to show up. It's a shame that Gamefreak has only recently tried to give some love to Bug types.
>>
>>340720578
To poison you and annoy you. That is all tehy were for. So npcs can fuck with you.
>>
File: 1465457526236.jpg (389 KB, 1112x1299) Image search: [Google]
1465457526236.jpg
389 KB, 1112x1299
>>340723415
>Nid-ohko-king

My nigga
>>
>>340723181
well there are 12 good poison types out of 25 fully evolved ones so it's more like half
>>
>>340723415
Sheer Force is my favorite ability in the game.
>>
>>340723493
Scizor, heracross, scyther and pinsir existed in gen 2. I guess the last two are a bit more debatable but I'd still say they're pretty strong.
>>
>>340725295

I'm not super into the meta of gen 1/2, but was pinsir/scyther even worth a damn? I know scizor was probably good, but didn't get top tier until technician/bullet punch. And I know forretress was just there for spikes, but I feel like those two and heracross were the only big bug types
>>
>>340725295
I know those are obviously good but I'm mainly talking about the bug Pokemon you find in the first or second areas of the games (Weedle, Wurmple, Ledyba etc.)
>>
>>340725463
No, but only because gen 2 was all about stalling. Scizor and especially Heracross could clean house pretty hard against normal foes.

>tfw trained a Beedrill in Red from lv 3 to lv 100 in the hopes of finally getting a counter to psychics in Stadium
>>
>>340721778
Being underage is prohibited here young man!
>>
>>340720578
Thanks to fairies, it's good now. In fact most Gengars will carry a poison move over Shadow Ball.
>>
>>340720578
>Nidoking
>Nidoqueen
>Venusaur
>Gengar
>Amoonguss
>Crobat

I bet you think Bug is awful too, because you think of Weedle and Venonat instead of Scizor, Heracross and Volcarona
>>
>>340725930
Poison is a detriment to all those types and so is Bug.

>Volcarona
>Real Bug

At least pick someone like Parasect with that amazing Spore.
>>
>>340723493
Beedrill was shit even compared to shit, though. Sure Butterfree lost its worth eventually, but Beedrill hardly has anything going for it to begin with.

Butterfree learns Confusion on evolution (I believe?) which makes it great for raising to fight Brock if you chose Charmander. It also learns Sleep Powder to extend its use to at least Cerulean and possibly beyond.

Beedrill on the other hand learns Fury Attack, which is good for nothing compared to what other options you must have available from just your starter alone. Its level up moveset is also plagued by shit like (gen 1) Focus Energy and Rage. At level 20 - by which point most people will have probably stopped using Beedrill unless they specifically like him for reasons outside of usefulness - he learns what is probably his best move... which is just shitty Twineedle. Probably the best Bug move in gen 1 now that I think about it. Damn that's sad.
>>
File: Will Killa.webm (518 KB, 482x342) Image search: [Google]
Will Killa.webm
518 KB, 482x342
Poison type could easily be made good. It was one of the keys to fixing the type chart in Gen 5. Just remove Fairy and make Poison SE against Water instead (polluting the sea, mercury in fish and whatnot). Have Rock and Ice resist Dragon. Bam, type chart fixed.

Now the type chart is BEYOND fucked.
>>
>>340727190
Leech life had lots of utility, as did Butterfree's many powders. How are you going to put an Abra to sleep otherwise, Sing?
>>
>>340728161
With hyperbeam.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.