[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gundam Breaker 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
Thoughts on this?
Im thinking of getting it.
>>
>>340719723
I know nothing about gundam and i imported it and i've been enjoying it.
The story is boring though so i skip all the cutscenes.
Combat is kind of simplistic but the customization is incredible
>>
>>340719787
Is the story all arena-based fighting?
If so, Im okay with that.
>>
>>340719962
Yeah
Basically you fight a mob of enemies, move to another mob and continue through the map that way

A few missions have smaller objectives like you defeat all the enemies then you hit a few targets until they're destroyed but ti's pretty much the same gameplay throughout so i wouldn't recommend playing it continuously lest you get burnt out
>>
>>340720170
Does it have offline bots or anythin like that?
>>
>>340720834
What do you mean?
>>
File: 1465414250160.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465414250160.jpg
171 KB, 1920x1080
Hurry up and ship my fucking copy play asia you fuckwits so i can make horsecock
>>
>>340720893
I dont have internet where I live. I post from my phone.
So say if I wanted to do a bot match in multiplayer, could I do that?
>>
File: 1461998336553.gif (397 KB, 700x625) Image search: [Google]
1461998336553.gif
397 KB, 700x625
>>340720912

>forgot about order
>check emails
>shipped 03 June
>tracking number doesn't work

I NEED IT NOW
>>
>>340721283
Not sure sorry but i don't think you can
>>
>>340721461
Oh well. I go over to my friend's enough to play on his PS4 anyway.
>>
File: 1452965854973.png (105 KB, 728x800) Image search: [Google]
1452965854973.png
105 KB, 728x800
>>340721390
>My its shipped message came in last monday
>still no message saying its arrived in my country
>>
I just want a western studio to make a Gundam game.

Might seem like heresy or something, but the Japs will never give me the in-cockpit view, tactical Gundam action that I crave. Closest thing to what I want was Federation vs Zeon for PS2. I just want to fight in the one year war, preferably the Asian ground war from 08th MS team.

I want to march out from base with a set amount of ammo. I want to have to keep my MS in working order on long missions that would take hours of real time to complete. It's just a pipe dream, but nobody has even attempted to make a Gundam game that captures the feeling of the combat in the UC timeline series.
>>
>>340722504
Glad nobody will ever listen to you.
>>
>>340719723

Best gundam game period. Its amazing how the customization goes. Like equip a GN drive from any of the 00 gundams and your custom gundam can go into trans am mode. So many parts abilities and stuff.

Tho you will spend more time building and fine tuning your gundam than actually breaking them.
>>
>>340723551

Not him, I want that too. Or at least a modern gundam game which approaches Armored Core levels of complexity.

There was that crossfire game but that was shittily put together.
>>
>>340722504
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RC3nEd2Nx0
japan already has that in their arcades
>>
File: 1363168436569.jpg (164 KB, 770x1027) Image search: [Google]
1363168436569.jpg
164 KB, 770x1027
>>340723805
I'm glad the devs won't cater to you either. No more one year war games. Focus on other shit like the Gryps Conflict and first Neo-Zeon war.
Also
>armored core
>complex
what?
>>
File: 1451103713005.jpg (111 KB, 1280x540) Image search: [Google]
1451103713005.jpg
111 KB, 1280x540
>>340724120

Oh, the setting isn't so important to me. It doesn't have to be UC so long as there's giant robots.

By AC-like complexity I mean having to track shield and energy levels, scanning enemies for their armour types, that sort of thing. From what I've heard Breaker is fairly simple gameplay wise, like the musou games. (I've still ordered it for the customisation but if it is more complex than that I'll be pleased)

I know the Extreme Vs games are supposed to be complex, but in a fighting game way as opposed to a mecha sim way.

I'd love something that handled like a variant on HIGH-MACS: https://youtu.be/ZutWx_P0nFg
>>
>>340724616
Mecha-sim and Gundam-sim are completely different.
Actually, mecha-sim doesn't really mean anything now that I think about it. Gundam games just aren't meant for you.
>>
>>340724736
>any kind of Gundam game that isn't what we've gotten already is wrong

What's up your ass? The only actual "boots on the ground" fucking war game set in the UC timeline I can think of was that one for PS1. I can't even remember its name.

All we get are fucking build fighters, Dynasty Warriors crap. Not a single modern game bearing the Gundam branding even attempts to capture the feeling of the battles in the anime. I can only think of one ever made that features an in-cockpit view. Shit, and Xcom style strategy game where you're controlling units of MS's in any setting would be better than what Bandai shovels out. It's like they hate the series.
>>
>>340724736

>Gundam games just aren't meant for you.

I wouldn't say that. I like Gundam, and I've got fun out of the Gundam games I have played (the Musou Gundam and Crossfire, despite it being fairly shoddy). I'm looking forward to playing Breaker, and I'd like to play Extreme Vs if they ever release an english translation of one of the titles that are supposed to be good (apparently the one they have translated is rubbish? Vs Force?).

And Gundam isn't a genre of game, anyway, any more than Star Wars is a genre. It's a setting that could easily fit multiple genres like it does now. There's already been games like the ones we've suggested:

https://youtu.be/ZOZ8ZQE4W00

A modern version of Gundam Side Story would rock.
>>
I bought it for my PS4
>>
>>340725713
I have never seen or heard of this Dreamcast game before, it looks fucking rad. Almost exactly like what I'm thinking of. Modern visuals and a "heavier" sound design would make for a fantastic game on current systems.
>>
is this coming to steam?
>>
>>340728215
No
>>
Playing GB2 for PS3 right now
I always use God Gundam for some reason
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.