[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No satisfaction in shooting the enemy, enemies themselves are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 127589-painkiller-black-limited-.jpg (226 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
127589-painkiller-black-limited-.jpg
226 KB, 1280x1024
No satisfaction in shooting the enemy, enemies themselves are varied but more or less the same shit, levels are essentially corridor after corridor.

This is my impression after finishing chapter 1 in the black edition. Is there any Painkiller game worth playing?
>>
Black is pretty much the best the series has.
>>
>>340715171
>no satisfaction shooting the enemy

Nigga have you fucking used the stake gun?
>>
>>340715764
Yeah, it's not that great. Might be that the enemies themselves are boring.

Does the game get better past chapter 1?
>>
Level design remains terrible, enemies get some more variety but it doesn't make a huge difference. No idea what you mean by no satisfaction though, shit like the stake gun is good fun.
>>
>>340715171
wait til you get the stake gun

shits cool stickin niggas to walls

you can eat the stake too shits good
>>
>>340715171
you can tell when someone grew up with iron sights and recoil
>>
>>340716435
I enjoy Serious Sam and Unreal Tournament. Painkiller is just bland as fuck, you faggot.
>>
>>340717018
Don't lie anon, COD4 was your first fps and you know it
>>
Up the difficulty
>>
File: OwZ8rSH.png (558 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
OwZ8rSH.png
558 KB, 853x480
>>340719373
Whatever helps you enjoy shitty bland games, mate.
>>
>>340715171
If you don't like the first Painkiller, you won't like any of the others, because they're all worse.
>>
File: 2791501-itagaki+with+sword.jpg (22 KB, 304x393) Image search: [Google]
2791501-itagaki+with+sword.jpg
22 KB, 304x393
I would really love to know why people think Painkiller is good. I played the Black Edition and found it incredibly unsatisfying and boring. The game doesn't give you any good varied weapons and the music rapes you in the ears with the same repetitive combat music like in the Devil May Cry games. You move so incredibly slow unless you bunny hop around all the time and the game's physics actively fight against you. I'm not a fan of the Serious Sam games either but I preferred those to this pile of shit.
>>
>>340721702
It came out at a time when there were basically no other old-school FPSes that didn't have regenerating health and a two-weapon limit.
>>
>>340721807
Well, that would excuse it. It's a shame because I WANTED to like the game. I just couldn't.
>>
>>340715171
The Battle Out of Hell expansion that comes with the Black Edition is actually better than the vanilla campaign. I hated the original Painkiller but I had fun with Battle Out of Hell and the first sequel. Overdose, I think.
>>
File: 1428647417759.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1428647417759.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>340721807
Going from arena and forced to clear out all the enemies isn't like an old school FPS.
>>
>>340722148
It was close enough for the time it was released, although I'm not a fan of that "arena" gameplay either.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.