[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alien Isolation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
I've been playing for 2 hours and still haven't even seen the alien.

Feels really cinematic at least, kinda comfy for now... Will be sad to see the comfy end.
>>
!>playing games that valve cucked with linux comoatability
>>
File: 20160316123809_1.jpg (195 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160316123809_1.jpg
195 KB, 1920x1080
Spoiler, it ends with a qte and a bit of a cocktease but everything leading to it is aces if xenos and androids and the design and concept of the first Alien film scare you.

my tip for hard is never stop moving
>>
>>340715408
See
>>340715220
>>
Did you enjoy your ban, Aussie?
>>
>>340715092
its one of the best SH around give it some time
>>
File: alien_ripley.jpg (295 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
alien_ripley.jpg
295 KB, 1920x1080
>>340715092
I just beat this game last week.
>incredible atmosphere. it feels ripped right from the movie
>the Alien is always terrifying
>working Joes are creep lvl 10
>some backtracking but lots of cool environments keep it fresh
>the lighting and particle effects are great
>Amanda doesn't feel like a dumb trope

It does tend to drag on towards the end. You keep thinking you're done and then something else happens. I was really disappointed with the ending but I loved every second getting there.
>>
>>340720276
>loved every second

be honest, a part of you fucking hated that part near the very end where you have to backtrack 3 times for a keycard and generator in an open area with 1 narrow passage way and the ayy all over you

>sequel never

It makes me sad. There's a lot of potential. Who's to say anything Burke told Ripley wasn't bullshit.
>>
This and PT are the only vidya to ever scare me. Getting stalked by the alien is actually fucking scary.
>Those bleeps on the motion tracker getting closer
>The working joes that grab your ankle
>The fact that the alien actually has senses, and can hear you if you turn that option on.
I LOVED the atmosphere, probably my favorite in any game. fixing things and being an engineer was awesome too.
>>
>>340720641
>alien can hear you

you played it on Xbone with kinect?
>>
>>340720846
No playstation with headphones and a hot mic
>>
>>340721087
all info I can find seems it used the PS camera like a kinect but not regular mics. Maybe you got placebo'd?

it's still a great feature and a shame the PC doesn't have it as far as I'm aware, even with a win10 kinect connection
>>
>>340721290
I thought it was working but then again I went out of my way to be quiet. Its such an interesting concept though. I also liked how noise was a factor in the game, like if you hit your wrench off something it would draw in the alien
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (11 KB, 163x300) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
11 KB, 163x300
>>340721608
>hurry... run...
>>
awesome game up the medical center then it blows it load and the rest of the game is just a slog of finding cards on dead bodies and opening locked doors.
>>
>That part near the end under the reactor

Ive never been more jumpy in a game
>>
File: 20160318004949_1.jpg (214 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160318004949_1.jpg
214 KB, 1920x1080
>>340721826
nigga med center is just the tip, you have not begun to feel dread until the lab facility and don't get me started on the hive
>>
>>340722035
My nigga the hive HOLY FUCK
>>
The only down thing in this game is the flamethrower, it ruined the whole game for me.

Maybe the robots part too, which feels too much like a filler.
>>
>>340722461
Without the flamethrower the game would be impossible, also the flamethrower isnt infallible, if you use it too much the alien will get used to it
>>
>>340722549
I heard this a lot.
But I played in hard, and really, using the flamethrower isn't that hard, you can save it really easy and use it just when you need to.

The game being impossible without it is the problem.
>>
>>340722549
>Without the flamethrower the game would be impossible

It'd be hard, but not impossible. There'd be a lot of times where you'd just be fucked, but with noisemakers and other distractions you could do it.
>>
>>340715092
you are playing the wrong difficulty then. because the first alien encounter is already possible at the first tram you call
>>
>>340715092
really useful tip:
your fucking radar makes noise
the beeps it makes showing where the alien is WILL TELL HIM WHERE YOU ARE
>>
>>340722549
I played the game on hard and I wanted to make it interesting so I included my own "stealthy survivor challenge". This means I won't use any items unless it is impossible for me to proceed. This means weapons, and means I won't kill anything if I'm not forced to. Also I try to be stealthy as much as possible.

The facehuggers were the only reason I had to use the flamethrower. You just can't sneak around them.
>>
>>340726139
There were countless time when I circled around a table with the alien on the other side and me with the radar in my hand and he never found me. However when I was hiding in a place it tend to found me even if I didn't hold the radar. Weird.
>>
>>340726772
i had a hard time in some big place before medbay and do it over and over, i wasnt sure how was so random that he run at me or run away at times
then i read somewhere that radar beeps alert him and start using it just when i need and not every moment and really helped me
>>
>>340720579
>be honest, a part of you fucking hated that part near the very end where you have to backtrack 3 times for a keycard and generator in an open area with 1 narrow passage way and the ayy all over you
I confirm this I hated that part
>>
>>340720276
>Working Joes are creep level 10
Yeah, until they're the only enemy for a 3 hour stretch of the game.
Really replaced the tension with annoyance.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.