[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the best vocation in dragon's dogma?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
>>
Sorcerer most likely
>>
I don't know. That's subjective.
>>
>>340712015
Magic knight
>>
Assassin is pretty overpowered. You get tons of str each level which means tons of damage. The counterattack blocks all damage while also insta-killing most enemies in the game. And you can use swords, daggers, and bows all at once so you'll never get caught offgaurd from iron/magic golems.
If you play a wizard or warrior against iron golems you just have to sit and wait 40 minutes until your pawns figure out how to hit the medallion above its head.
>>
>>340712015
depends on what you looking for. If you want fast paced gameplay assassin or magick archer are up your alley. If you truly want to blow up shit, sorcerer. I haven't played much of the other vocations, I found them a bit boring.
>>
It is ranger by far. You have a strength build as a ranger with tenfold flurry and then use explosive arrows. You can kill death in under a minute.
>>
>>340712259
I doubted Assassin for the longest time while doing a playthrough as them, but then I tried conquerer stacking and bosses suddenly started just going through the grinder.
>>
Sorcerers have the best crowd control and burst aoe damage. Assassins wreck anything and everything one on one. Magick Archers can stunlock bosses 100-0.

Take your pick.
>>
>>340712760
Who is the best for bitterblack isle?
>>
>>340712015
The game was designed around strider.

Most op is probably blast arrow ranger/strider

But the best class is whatever class you like most.
>>
WOLVES
>>
Magick Archer is incredibly powerful, BUT the class stat growth distribution is terrible. So if you want a very strong Magick Archer you have to level up in other classes
>>
>>340712869
Do augments only work with the vocation you get them from?
>>
>>340713298
Nope, they work with them all.
>>
>>340713317
Are their specific ones that are a must have?
>>
Magick Archer
>>
>>340713386
Yea. Ones that multiply damage in any way are pretty mandatory. Besides those, there's just a bunch of useful augments. I always used the one that makes you lighter.
>>
>>340713386
There are a couple, I believe, I haven't played it in a while though and can't remember what they're called.
>>
>>340713386
If you're playing on Hard Mode, you can pretty much negate every potential one shot from normal mobs by getting the physical damage augment.
>>
>>340713386

Warrior and fighter get physical attack augments, mage and sorcerer get magic attack. Fighter and strider get augments to boost your carry weight limit / let you move one weight class faster. Those are the main go-to augments.

Generally speaking it really depends on what you want to do.
>>
Just not Warrior- was that the two-handed one?
I wanted to like it so much, but a two-handed weapon dealing less damage than a much faster one-hand that allows shields (or bows) is just awful.
What were they thinking?
>>
>>340713764
I think a lot of people agree they would be better if they could just equip 6 skills like everyone else, but with the way their equipment is, they can't.
>>
>>340712015
Thank you for all the input everyone
>>
File: The More You Know.png (248 KB, 615x447) Image search: [Google]
The More You Know.png
248 KB, 615x447
>>340712015
Magick Archer or Mystic Knight are the best overall classes

These two classes allow you to be everything you'll ever need in any fight from the common mobs to the true final boss
>>
>>340713764

Warrior does a lot more damage than fighter, if that is what you mean. Honestly, the only problem I have with warrior is that their main arc is a multi hit attack. It blows ass to nail an elder ogre in the face only for it to instantly block the meat of the attack. Or using it on an eliminator and sending the fucker flying away from the bulk of your damage.

But seriously, throw on their "while charging an attack" augments and you can tank an ogre drop kick while charging, so you really don't need to wait for an opening ever. Being able to bring a giant-ass condemned cyclops to its knees in one move is pretty god damn sweet.

Dragons Maw or whatever is sweet looking but broken into like 15 hits, so anything with actual defense doesn't take shit for damage. Its actually a kind of common problem with this game - tons of attacks rely on multiple hits to get anything done, so enemy defense can be a huge bitch to deal with.
>>
>>340713843
Did it even have six skills that were worth it?
>Charge Attack
>Sweep
>That evasion one with invincibility frames
What else would you have equipped?
>>
>>340714180
You were using Warrior on Bitterblack? That's pretty wild.
I guess I can give it another chance when I replay DD in a couple years.
>>
>>340714640
Warrior is pretty great if you get the right Augs and have your party made up of 2 striders (crits and light support) and a mage (healing and weapon buffs)
>>
>>340712015
M-Archer.
Also Assassin
>>
>>340714640

Warrior really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. You have damn good reach on your jumping attacks, you can take hits surprisingly well if you actually use your defensive augments or your moves with I-frames, normal attacks screw up most weak enemies and for everything with a health bar at the top of the screen you have arc. You can't deal magic damage but that is why you have pawns.

I really didn't like fighter/mystic knight as much. You have better defense with the shields, sure, but your reach is way shorter and enemies with high defense are a way bigger problem. Yeah, you can set up cannons or whatever but at if I am going to spend that much time charging spells I would rather just play sorcerer or hell, even mage.

Magic Archer was my favorite class, just for the wide variety in your skill set.
>>
>>340712852
Magick archer is generally considered the best for that. Assassin is also great.
>>
I like fighter
>>
>>340712852
Magick Archers are ridiculous in BBI, since all the enclosed spaces means that their Ricochet skills can absolutely obliterate everything in the room.
>>
File: 1457898351087.png (790 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
1457898351087.png
790 KB, 792x792
bump
>>
Brain Splitter is the best vocation
>>
>>340714180
>Dragons Maw or whatever is sweet looking but broken into like 15 hits, so anything with actual defense doesn't take shit for damage. Its actually a kind of common problem with this game - tons of attacks rely on multiple hits to get anything done, so enemy defense can be a huge bitch to deal with.

Flat damage reduction is absolute cancer.
>Early game
>Strider
>can't do shit to sword-wielding bandits
>annihilate everyone else
>switch to fighter
>actually do damage to the sword bandits now
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.