[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halo 3 Nostalgia thread I know Microsoft let 343 make 4 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 5865879869875864754365.jpg (458 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5865879869875864754365.jpg
458 KB, 1920x1080
Halo 3 Nostalgia thread

I know Microsoft let 343 make 4 and 5 for the $ but will there ever be another game like Halo 3 in our lifetime?

I know I know HL2 is the best but Halo 3 was something special.

https://youtu.be/bny5bx-7Jgs
>>
>>340710513
Everything that was ever done wrong in this world was due to a lack of humility. 343 lacks the humility to understand what their customers want from them, so they go to their focus groups, shove out a product, and try to interpret all of their decisions on the whim of their sales. They will see the sales of Halo 5 and will come to interpret that their customer does not want Halo.

It would take mere milliseconds listening to the halo theme in Halo 3's menu to understand why it was so great.
>>
>>340710513
>people still fellate this game's pathetic 5.5 hour campaign because of the Scarab battles and the ending
>people still fellate HL2
>>
>>340710794
I'm glad someone else understands 343's problem too. 343 just has too much damn pride to accept that they fucked up and that they should do the right thing.

Op, have faith, Halo 3 for PC will be announced this E3. I will kill myself if it isn't.
>>
I want Halo 3 babies to leave.

It's a fantastic game and it was quite a feat that it arguably lived up to the monumental hype it had going for it, but in comparsion to the other halo games it's very middle of the road.

Halo 5 has better MP then it for 4v4, though not for BTB
>>
>>340711128
>343 just has too much damn pride to accept that they fucked up

Except they literally did that with 5.

After people universally trashed Halo 4's MP, they took outloadouts and armor abilities and made 5's gameplay feel more like classic Halo CE/2 multiplayer while still trying to innovate in other ways.

The campaign is still shit though so they sure as hell didn't learn their mistake in that department.And then they dropped the ball again by not having local MP for 5, which is an extra slap in the face since 5''s MP is actually good.

Time will tell to see if they learned their mistake on that, so far it seems like they might be given that frankie has said they are prioritizing local function as a feature for 6 now, but >trusting frankie
>>
File: the end of the Halo series.webm (3 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
the end of the Halo series.webm
3 MB, 800x600
>>340710513
>>
>>340711852
>implying ODST is bad
>implying the novels that came out after 3 is bad
>implying that reach outside of the default MP was bad
>>
>>340712319
ODST was wasted potential.
Everyone seems to misremember that game for it's one good bit, the hub world.
It was marketed as a scaled down vulnerable investigation game but it was only like that in the hub world, every time you found a clue of your crew it was back to crazy halo jumps in cars and banshee dog fights and fighting against hordes of aliens.
Also no one dies for some reason when a halo reach style everyone gets picked off one by one until you're left fighting by yourself ending would have suited what the game was trying and failing to be.
I liked the music though.
>>
>>340713023
Horde was fun.....Campaign sucked
>>
>>340712319
>Implying that any game that came after the trilogy was good
Leave Bungiefag.
>>
File: 1442637785352.png (67 KB, 314x316) Image search: [Google]
1442637785352.png
67 KB, 314x316
https://youtu.be/uXcWxw7UHME?t=8
>>
Halo 3 was okay

I thought the first two were a lot better
>>
>>340716004
kek
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.