[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Couldn't figure out if I should post this here or on /mu/,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: protomen2.jpg (185 KB, 1680x839) Image search: [Google]
protomen2.jpg
185 KB, 1680x839
Couldn't figure out if I should post this here or on /mu/, but here probably regarding the question..

What is Act III going to be about? Act I was the base, Act II was the Prequel
>>
Act 1 is the base. Act 2 is the prequel. Act 3 is the sequel.
>>
>>340699487
Thanks, I got that. I meant story line-wise
>>
>>340699694
It takes place after Act 1. It's a continuation.
>>
>>340699764
No shit Sherlock he meant specifically.

>>340699694
Probably X or the shit that happened in 5 with Cossack
>>
if I had to guess based on the lyrics so far I'd say it revolves around a human girl (probably Roll) going after Mega Man to convince him to finish the fight against Wily he walked away from at the end of Act I
>>
>>340699976
It's like the rest of the story that comes after the events of Act 1.

>>340699295
Roll, maybe? That or the chick from the bar in Act 2. The chick sings This City Made Us and Hold Back the Night, and she seems to be an important character (she argues with Dr Light about if there's still hope).
>>
Haven't all the Act 3 songs so far been with Original the Girl: Do Not Steal? Doesn't seem very promising.
>>
>>340699295
Wait for 4 AM man
>>
>>340700242
What's happening at 4 AM?
>>
>>340700314
Lurk more
>>
>>340700385
I can't I'm too busy not-lurking.
>>
>>340700385
>>340700242
Sorry I'm at work all day, don't have time to lurk a lot, been listening to a lot of Protomen today so it made me think about Act III again so I just came here to ask....
>>
>>340700530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LFHa1upxKk
>>
>>340700662
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
>>
>>340700843
>>340700662
Hm... I haven't been on /v/ since.... Probably since before /vg/ opened, so I've never seen it

shit i dont even get on 4chan that much anymore
>>
>>340699295
Barely /v/ related, but shit is tight so I say okay.
Any ETA on act 3?
>>
>>340699976
I doubt they'd jump to Cossack, but I believed >>340700198 Roll was going to show up too
>>
>>340701338
Only reason I brought it here is because I was asking about the Megaman related question... /mu/ wouldn't know anything about the game I figured
but whatever, doesn't bother me, I kinda got the answer I wanted
Also if I had to guess, it's coming soon, I figured This City Made Us and Hold Back the Night were meant to tease us
>>
Is Built To Last going to be relevant, or is it just a good song?
>>
>>340701508
They did a similar tease with Act 2.

There's a resistance force/army with female leading it.

She'd really like a hero because they aren't cutting the mustard.

---
I really wanted Protoman to be Joe, so megaman murdered someone to end Act 1, but after a few more listens it's really not supported unless the narrator is unreliable during the prologue. But that means light is going to be like 70 by the time of act 3. In 2, he's like 30, then it was like 15 years until Joe came, so now he's 45, then it's like 15 years until protoman, then it's like 15 years until megaman? shiit.
>>
File: Act_II_The_Father_of_Death.jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Act_II_The_Father_of_Death.jpg
66 KB, 500x500
>>340699295
>model T's and old brickwork buildings on one side and modern (read: 80's) cars and skyscrapers on the other side

I feel ashamed for just noticing this
>>
>>340702964
I highly doubt Joe will be Protoman, and I doubt Wily would have recovered the corpse of him and used it, can't have that twist twice, at least I wouldn't be happy with it
Because in order for him to be Protoman, Light would have had to get his corpse but they never explicitly state that at the end of Act II, he just says something to him about Emily meaning he's not supposed to die just yet
>>
Also apparently someone used Hold Back the Night in a Pro-Trump video, so /pol/ is all over it, now
>>
>>340703454
Not that protoman was really protoman, eg a robot light made from scratch (Or heavily modified cyborg); but that protoman was a man all along that light armed with his original power suit and weapon designs. Protoman was just what how he told megaman Joe's story.

This would cut a generation out of the timeline, because Act 2 would have been protoman's story too. And I'd like that Protoman would have been a man.
>>
>>340703651
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldnH5ms50Jc
>>
Didn't Turbo Lover turn out to be an abuser?
>>
>>340703651
I'm ambivalent to this. I'm worried it will hurt their popularity, but it's not far from their message.

They're Ayn Rand fans, you know right?

The Act 3 girl is like screaming the fountainhead at you.
>>
>>340704038
god that's terrible though.
>>
>>340703958
Oh I see what you're saying... That would be pretty interesting, I think, although when who I assume is Light tells Megaman what he does in the beginning of The Stand (Man or Machine), the whole
>i told you your brother had been killed
>and yet here he stands
>the very shadow of the man you came here to destroy
>blah de ble blah blah
He wouldn't have said it so.... Calmly, I figure he would've been pretty shocked to know Joe was still alive, and if he didn't know it was Joe under the helmet/etc then he wouldn't have referred to him as his brother? or I could be completely wrong
>>
>>340704343
Yeah, it'd be interesting, but it's not really supported.
>>
the entire city fucking explodes
>>
>just realized Protomen has been to my town
>a lot
>in the past couple years, but hasn't been in 3+ years
>and I didn't know it
>missed 4 different showings from them here without even hearing about it
>>
>>340704994
I feel you

>visited last year
>couldn't go because of other shit
>they've only come here 4 times ever

Missing that show is one of my biggest regrets.
>>
>>340705269
Well they've been here in '08 '09 '11 and '13, and I didn't know about them until '10
In 2011 they went to a bar that no longer exists and in 2013 went to some underground skatepark right down the road from where I live now
>>
>>340705483
I said last year but it's been almost two years now, they were here at the end of October in a club I'd been to only once before but I just didn't have the time to go.

I'm going to fucking MAKE time if they ever come by again, otherwise I might just drive out.
>>
>>340705637
In 2009 they were here ON MY BIRTHDAY, too bad I hadn't heard of them yet, but shit if I miss them again... Aight I'm out it's late
I hope they see this thread for some otherworldly reason
>>
Well because the lead had such a hardon for his girlfriend and her shitty voice I'm assuming Act III will be centered around Roll who in their world leads a rebellion of Humans who finally decided to stand on their own.

Meh.
>>
>>340705769
She did p good in some of those Cover Up songs, so I'm hopeful.
>>
So I heard once that The Megas next album might focus on X, is this true?

History Repeating: Blue was good but Red was fucking great, i'm psyched if X is next.
>>
>>340705946
You mean mr. X right?
>>
>>340706221
Yes.
>>
>>340705946
They're doing Castlevania if the booklet in History Repeating Red is to be believed.
>>
anyone have a DL link to Act 1 and 2?
>>
>>340710449
They're on most music stores
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.