[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to Call of Duty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 02984023840923423.jpg (70 KB, 610x397) Image search: [Google]
02984023840923423.jpg
70 KB, 610x397
Other than Activision milking the shit out of it like Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, etc.

Infinite Warfare has potential but AW sucked BO3 is about leveling up and everyone hated Ghosts.

What happened to stuff like this.
https://youtu.be/VwxvMsIEE9o
>>
>>340696539
Ww2 got milked completely
Modern shooters got milked completely

Space/future are gonna be milked now
>>
People got bored of Modern Warfare-style stuff, so now Battlefield is dredging up WW1 and CoD is moving towards Halo
>>
>>340696837
>>340696895
Okay which is what happened with Medal of Honor but then what is the next mainstream genre of FPS going to be? And what potential franchise if one already exists?
>>
>>340696539
Say dude I appreciate anticipating my game informer cover in the mail this one is shit yes but still dont spoil it man
>>
File: Titanfall C4.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall C4.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>340696539
Actual answer?

Pretty much all of the creative talent left Infinity Ward shortly after the release of MW2 and formed Respawn. Without a solid team to rip off of, Treyarch began to venture further and further into weird shit (look at the BLOPS3 campaign).

Titanfall is the successor to Modern Warfare.
>>
>>340698157
I know about all of that; that's why I posted an MW2 clip because that was the last real CoD and they didn't even want to call it CoD.

Titanfall is good but other than Past Present and Future what could possibly be the next genre for mainstream FPS's? Alternate universe?
>>
>>340696539
It's weird thinking about there being nostalgia for MW2, but we are nearly seven years removed. This fall, kids who were 11 when MW2 came out will be 18 and old enough to post here.

Anyways, it's fucking CoD. Stop thinking about it. There are a billion alternatives out there now. They've got three studios working on the damn game.
>>
BO3 is great though, at least in terms of the campaign. I've never seen something so delightfully surreal in a mainstream video game.
>>
File: Oooo baby a triple.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Oooo baby a triple.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>340698401
Hard to say really, when you release a game every year it's hard to keep it fresh.

I kind of wish one of the teams would revisit the Cold War time period again. A theoretical 80s WW3 game could be really cool (think World in Conflict, but an FPS).
>>
>>340698696
That's what I'm talking about. Alternative Universe seems like the only untouched territory.

Ghosts did that and I liked Ghosts but everyone else hated it.
>>
>AW sucked

Advanced Warfare was a great attempt to get into the future setting and did very well with using the new gameplay elements. Before that, most of the games were restricted to practically 2-Dimensional movement. You could move to vantage points through stairs and ladders, but overall you were still moving mostly along the X and Y axis. The use of a boost pack introduced the use of the Z-Axis and for the most part, level design benefited from this. More areas to move through were opened up due to not needing to balance it around the fact that you slowly had to maneuver up, and there was a wide spread addition of catwalks that you could boost up to in order to keep moving out of view and keep your accuracy up. The only downside was that they still refused to open up some invisible walls that kept you from having movement in 100% of the map, but they still allowed a lot more usage of the Z-axis compared to Black Ops 3 which focuses more on wall running.

The well balanced class options that allowed players to pick from usual archetypes or for a faster, almost arena-style shooter playstyle through constant boosting. Supply Drops were well balanced and fun to find. Exo Survival was a blast and Exo Zombies piled more on top. Other than a few maps being a bit iffy in design and the campaign being a bit iffy, I don't understand how people couldn't have enjoyed Advanced Warfare if they enjoyed previous Call of Duty games.
>>
>>340696539
Is that David Harewood on the left?
>>
>>340696539
It kept trying to one up itself with fancy new gimmicks every year some call that progress but it's a fine line that's why I've stopped buying CoD games after black ops 1 it eventually turned into a turd polishing contest and that's why WaW is my favorite cod it was so simple and fun
>>
>AW sucked

Opnion disregarded. AW was a breathe of fresh air with the movement system, which Blops butchered and IW can only be good if they retain it 1:1

Also Irons did nothing wrong
>>
>>340699272
Was ghosts really that bad?
>>
>>340699272

That's mostly because Ghosts handled the AU setup almost as badly as Homefront.

>small backwater shithole country manages to mount assault on continental US
>this is somehow even remotely feasible despite the US having magical kill satellites among other high-end military tech at their disposal

That and it mechanically was "just another CoD".

>>340701834

Not really, but it came out after MW3 stretched the MW idea too thin and BLOPS2 managed to have some actual choices in the campaign that affected the ending.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.