[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyrule Warriors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
Finally picked this up for my 3DS. THIS is what the Dynasty Warriors franchise is like? Jesus Christ, this is the most boring shit I've ever played. I was tired and unmotivated when I first tried it out, so I thought that was it. But I just continued it tonight and I felt like my eyes were going to glaze over.

Literally "Press A to Win: the Game."

Does it actually get better?
>>
File: 1445904788701.png (129 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1445904788701.png
129 KB, 368x368
>>340696248
No, I fell for the Dynasty Warriors meme too.
>>
>>340696248

you're given simple tools to fix complicated puzzles. mid to high level play can get pretty technical.

but thats alright. i too quit games before i finish the tutorial
>>
>>340696248
welcome to musous
this is why no one wants the new berserk one
>>
>>340696394
>complicated
Give me a scenario.
>>
Not really. It's just completely over loaded with missions, and only about 9 maps. I did lose once, when I had to protect some tree and kill some monsters elsewhere, and the braindead AI couldn't kill the enemies.
>>
>>340696248
It's a game about battlefield management more than combat. It's not gonna play
like Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta.
>>
>>340697063
I've never played those games.
>>
File: Press A to Save Hyrule.png (496 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Press A to Save Hyrule.png
496 KB, 1280x720
>>340696248
>Literally "Press A to Win: the Game."
>>
>>340697063

Look man, I like the game too, but Hyrule Warriors technical skill level is very low. The peak of the gameplay is probably just meeting very specific win conditions in order to unlock certain weapons or characters. Things like not taking more than X amount of damage, completing the level in under X minutes, Killing a certain amount of enemies.. It's all very tame stuff. Even on the more difficult levels, you just beeline from objective to objective and there is some consideration that must be done (clearing important keeps, helping an officer so they don't die, etc) in order to win or win efficiently but it's all really bare-bones.

Again, that being said I still enjoy HW despite my awareness of it lacking much depth in its mechanics.
>>
>>340697593
I never said Zelda wasn't any much better. But at least they are fun.

Maybe I'll just go play Majora's Mask instead.
>>
File: 1393823739340.gif (976 KB, 490x353) Image search: [Google]
1393823739340.gif
976 KB, 490x353
I got it for Wii U and its easily one of the most fun games I've played in years
I don't care if people think its bad, if I enjoy it, its fun to me.
>>
>>340698261
Im playing the 3ds version and im having a fun too

Except in those fucking 'dodge everything missions' missions on the masterquest map or when you leader run into the enemy bases withour giving you time to clean the map
>>
File: 1449033717544.jpg (90 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1449033717544.jpg
90 KB, 720x960
Dynasty Warriors games have very simplistic combat. From what I gather, the fun and challenge comes from "managing the battlefield," as fans claim but I wasn't able to stomach the other shitty parts of the game to get to that.
>>
>>340698261
>>340698674
I've played both and I'm having a little shellshock doing missions that gave me trouble on the Wii U again in 3DS. Like the 8-Bit Rapier for Zelda on Wii U is now her T3 Baton on 3DS, and I barely cleared it in time on Wii U with a level 99 Zelda then.
>>
Just got it for my 3DS I am enjoying it very much. I agree it is repetitive but it's not the first DW game I have played, barring that I love the characters movesets but I haven't gotten very far yet, I especially enjoy playing link in his training armor I always love when Zelda games give you the option to play as Link without the green tunic.
>>
>>340700617
At character select screen, hit X to change costumes.

It's more obvious in 3DS, but it was still a thing not many noticed.
>>
>>340696248
The challenge lies in running back and forth across the map to protect your bases and troops from the strong enemies (guys with visible lifebars) while at the same time trying to capture all the enemies' bases. It only gets kind of tough when a bunch of the strong enemies spawn and your home base is getting hammered by a boss or something
>>
>>340696598

you have 1 base under attack, one of your raid captains is in trouble, the enemy is mustering forces in another one, a hidden enemy is about to give the opposing forces a huge bonus to damage/health if you don't kill him, and there's another hidden enemy thats making your troops rebel against you. all at the same time.

the gameplay is simple yes, but HW is not easy at its mid to upper levels. best part is if you fuck up its your fault
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.