[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games that deserve rightful successors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11
Games with shitty ass sequels that have yet to surpass its quality are also acceptable
>>
File: How to fix TES combat.png (187 KB, 252x357) Image search: [Google]
How to fix TES combat.png
187 KB, 252x357
Don't tell me I'm the only person on /v/ to have played Crystal Chronicles
>>
>>340696232
>Games with shitty ass sequels that have yet to surpass its quality are also acceptable
Good thing you didn't start with a series like that
>>
File: Monster Girl Quest spin-off.jpg (77 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
Monster Girl Quest spin-off.jpg
77 KB, 640x908
>>340696706
>He likes The Crystal Bearers and Explorers
>>
>>340696232
All it needs is online. I think anything else would fuck it up
>>
File: PSOep1&2plus.jpg (57 KB, 453x640) Image search: [Google]
PSOep1&2plus.jpg
57 KB, 453x640
I don't really blame them, after all you can't improve on perfection
>>
>>340696232
This game is so nice and comfy.
Fuck the sequels.
>>
File: Crbox.jpg (36 KB, 256x353) Image search: [Google]
Crbox.jpg
36 KB, 256x353
>>340696232
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms8xsWM_oIE

100% agreed.

Custom Robo needs a good sequel.
>>
File: 1455551720842.jpg (298 KB, 1178x752) Image search: [Google]
1455551720842.jpg
298 KB, 1178x752
>>340696706
Rings of Fate sucked
Echos of Time sucked
Nobody talks about Crystal Bearers because it's X-2 levels of disappointment
Explorers is garbage and not even close to Crystal Chronicles proper

Also there hasn't been a good Spongebob game since the movie game
>>
>>340697315
What's wrong with the DS one?
>>
>>340696834
explorers wasn't a CC game
>>
>>340697405
I'm sure they sucked just because you said so, that's very persuasive.
>>
>>340696232

Startropics. Sadly it's a Nintendo series so two games is all it will ever get.

Thanks, Zoda's Revenge, you've fucked me over for over 20 years now.
>>
>Glover 2 is only a dream
Hasbro don't even make video games anymore do they
>>
Some of my favorite couchplay multiplayer moments in my entire life were playing Crystal Chronicles. Was just talking to a friend the other day how much we want another one, but we'd never be able to make time to play it as a 4-man group anymore 'cause we're all FUCKING OLD
>>
>>340696232
>four different races to choose from with none overpowering the other
>world events occur that remind you that you're not the only caravan around
>game enforces multiplayer
>also enforces cooperation through spell and skill combos
>during cutscenes your friends can make decisions and it's not always left up to Player 1

One of the things I loved was if you're playing with others and they wanted to make a new character, you didn't have to worry about baby sitting them in the harder stages. Just give them some of your left over decent gear and they'll be able to hold their own. Why more games to support teamwork this strongly and why a proper sequel has never been made is a sin.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 364x588) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 364x588
https://youtu.be/TFvM1p4wavk
Echoes of Time had a fucking great soundtrack. The game was really great if you had 4 people playing at once, I really enjoyed it. It's not at all like FFCC, but it held its own, I think.
CURSES
>>
File: 2016-05-03.png (569 KB, 1017x755) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-03.png
569 KB, 1017x755
Simpsons Hit & Run.

there hasn't been a good Simpsons game in forever
>>
>>340696232
I have this game downloaded but I have not started it yet. Is it good? I am finishing skies of arcadia now and am considering putting this game next on my backlog.
>>
>>340699254
It's a god-tier multiplayer game if you meet with the same people regularly for multiple sessions, not really worth it single player
>>
>>340699638
oh it's a multiplayer game? I had no idea, I just downloaded a shit ton of gamecube isos and that game was in there. What kind of multiplayer are we talking about?
>>
>>340696232
Shittiest fucking game ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oICHvlqApBc&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>340699254
Hell yeah it's fucking good. Even on your own you'll find it to be mechanically satisfying. You might find certain elements to be similar to other games like Gauntlet Legends or Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance but what Crystal Chronicles balances all of its content while giving the game itself a certain atmosphere and setting that you just can't find anywhere else.

>>340699859
Multiplayer that you'll never be able to do, and it's not even fun unless you have a full party.
>>
>>340699759
It's an action-RPG technically, but the RPG elements are pretty light. It's basically an action-adventure game that simulates the feeling of embarking on a long journey with your friends better than anything else I've played.
>>
>>340699904
Me and some friends have been playing through Gauntlet Dark Legacy on the gamecube recently so this might be perfect for us. Looks like you need GBA cables though? That kinda sucks. Most of us dont have our GBAs anymore
>>
>>340696232
I loved Crystal Chronicle's world, comfy tone, and the four races, but the game was way too repetitive and the combat was too boring for it to have been a good game.
>>
>>340700095
Technically it's possible to use GBA emulators to work in conjunction with Dolphin, but even with just one running it causes a shitton of lag to occur rendering the game unplayable.
>>
>>340700230
damn, that sucks. Maybe we can get our hands on some GBAs for cheap and try this. At least the cables are cheap.
>>
>>340700372
You can't do that either. If you really want to truly experience the game then you're only choice is all physical and with prices these days it'll run you quite a bit
>>
>>340700754
What do you mean I can't do that? Between us we already have 2 GBAs. We would just need 2 more and 4 cables. the cables are like $10 and the gameboys like $25.
>>
>>340701051
I was talking about if you were emulating it.
One thing I forgot to mention was that in multiplayer each person has access to different information on their GBA screens during play. For example, one player will have a map of the level laid out for them and another person will have monster health bars displayed.
>>
>>340701334
Oh shit that sounds amazing. Yeah I'm playing it on nintendont. so that's not an issue. definitely going to pick up a GBA if I see one at a yard sale or something so we can do this in the future.
>>
File: 3444365.jpg (81 KB, 490x700) Image search: [Google]
3444365.jpg
81 KB, 490x700
>>340696232
I want a mainline CC game. Seriesly that world is way more interesting. I want to be able to waifu a female Yuke.
>>
File: 1-Drake_Header.png (977 KB, 896x636) Image search: [Google]
1-Drake_Header.png
977 KB, 896x636
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.