[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Flag vs Rogue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: shay.jpg (158 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
shay.jpg
158 KB, 1024x1024
Not as many people play Rogue, but it's basically Black Flag 2. It's in-between 3 and 4 chronologically. I prefer Rogue overall, though each one has it's own pros

Black Flag
>longer story
>underwater shipwrecks
>better cities
>better graphics
>on PS4 and X1
>modern story is awful but better than Rogue's

Rogue
>smaller but faster ship
>play as Templar
>better exploration/more locations
>more shanties
>2 focused maps instead of one large empty ocean
>shorter but better story, almost no tailing missions
>>
You know, if they just mixed Rogue and Black Flag's modern stories together I think the outcome would be more satisfying.
>>
>>340695471
I loved rogue personally

Being Canadian it was fun sailing around Nova Scotia and new found land

Also the twist ending fit perfectly into unity

Shay was basically Conner done right
>>
>>340695471
>SHAY, GRAND MASTER HAYTHAM IS EVIL!
>From my point of view, the assassins are evil
>Then you are lost!

What did he mean by this?
>>
I'd like to see that style of game mixed with some more action rpg mechanics and maybe a different setting, mare nostrum after the collapse of the roman empire maybe.
>>
>>340695471
>but it's basically Black Flag 2
Except no pirates, which makes it shit.
>>
>>340695471
>shorter but better story, almost no tailing missions
Fucking this. Black Flag was ridiculous with that shit.
>>
Why the hell didn't they release it on PS4 and Xbone?
That's why I haven't played it
>>
>>340697746
>MUH PIRATES
Get fucked, queer. A good theme does not make a good game.
>>
>>340697936
Ubisoft is retarded.
>>
>>340697936
It's on pc
>>
File: accepting your death.png (128 KB, 777x691) Image search: [Google]
accepting your death.png
128 KB, 777x691
end of black flag made me think it could be madeinto a movie

not that I would go pay to see an ass creed 4 movie, just that that seemed like a very movie way to end

I fucking love "End of an Era " type stories, so 4 will always be great to me for that. "End of the Pirates" is always a great concept. "End of the Samurai" is also great. shit like that is so appealling to me for some reason.
>>
>>340697936
BF is on the PS4.
>>
>>340698336
Yeah which is weird because it came before Rogue
>>
>>340698190
The ending was fucking good. Never thought I would see that in an Asscreed game
>>
Ass creed 4 shouldn't have fucking been an ass creed game. The Pirate story was good enough to carry the whole game, why they felt the urge to shoehorn all the assasin vs templar shit in their I will never fucking understand. Just kill that series already and move the fuck on, jesus.
>>
>>340699367
It's their flagship series, now, unfortunately. At least they aren't raping PoP's corpse anymore.
>>
>>340699367
Seriously. Rogue fulfilled my fantasy of playing as a Tempalr for a change, so there's nothing else the series can throw at me.
>>
>>340699367
This.
>>
>>340697640

It means you're breaking my heart Anonakin Skywalker
>>
>>340695471
Rogue sort of flopped in the story department. Despite playing as a Templar, it didn't really feel as much of you being part of their Order as much as it was just you fixing the idiotic actions of the American Assassin Order.

Then Shay starts to become as bad as the people he fought as a Templar, and the modern chapter is shown to be cocky fools who want to release Shay's story to disrupt the Assassin's way of thinking, but doesn't realize that they don't care and take the advantage to set the Templars far back in the hunt for Pieces of Eden.

It'd be nice if that was a point that they were trying to drive home, i.e. that the Templars can and are easily be just as bad as the Assassins in disregarding the philosophical debate in favor of fanatic devotion to the name of their order, but it's pushed in at the end of a rather short campaign and no one really leaves Rogue with that lesson.

It was a great game, and I still play it because it's is the absolute pinnacle of the franchise for post-game free roam, but Black Flag was better at painting the decay of the Orders in the New World.
>>
>>340695471
I loved rogue and it's character, then i tried the last one and remembered why A team assassins creed games will be always shit.
>>
>>340695471
Rogue didn't capture me at all and I loved BF. Worse graphics too.

I wonder if it got better.
>>
>>340695471
Ure forgetting the most important thing. Black flag has multiplayer and rogue doesnt
>>
>>340700760
>Worse graphics too.
DURR, YOU DON'T SAY.

Dumbass.
>>
>>340701484
What are you sperging about? They were both PC games.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.