[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mass Effect Andromada
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83
File: mass effect andrp.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mass effect andrp.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
So what are the chances this is going to suck?
>>
It's post ME3

It'll suck
>>
>>340692053
its going to be shit
>>
>>340692053
100%

I'm assuming it's going to just be a Halo clone now, though.
>>
File: 1396329184979.jpg (50 KB, 620x386) Image search: [Google]
1396329184979.jpg
50 KB, 620x386
>>340692053
560%

but drones and people who don't know/care will eat it up in droves anyway. so fuck it video games are shit
>>
>>340692053
It's going to suck harder than Tali trying to drink thru her mask.
>>
I love Dragon Age and Mass Effect. I even enjoyed Inquisition despite its many, many glaring faults (fuck Corephyus and Sola's). I think ME3 was the best of the series and if they hadn't shat the bed at the end it would be a top 10 game of all time.

But it would take an idiot not to see the pattern and realise Andromeda will have the worst parts of ME3 and Inquisition (shitty *open world exploration*, forced romances that override characters for the sake of MUH HEADCANON and MUH SHIPPING, the absolute disregard they'll show for the canon) and none of the good parts (Combat in both games is amazing, they can do meaningful quests and characters when they're not forcing agendas and certain characters).

This game will unfortunately be a trainwreck. I'm hoping they literally copy/paste ME3's multiplayer though because it was fucking brilliant

Fuck I hate Bioware. They just keep fucking me over.
>>
>>340692053
> Bioware
I think the better question is, will there be anything good about it.
>>
>>340692961
it can't be worse than mass effect 3?

right?
>>
I'll be the optimistic one for the thread.

I give it a 90% chance of being shit.
>>
>>340693076
>it can't be worse than mass effect 3?

Heh
>>
I hate Bioware and what became of Mass Effect as much as the next anon, but get fucking real. You'll buy it/pirate it. I'll buy it/pirate it. Just to hate some more.
>>
>>340692053
medium to high risk. I felt Inquisition had a lot of good stuff in there I enjoyed but was just so overstuffed with dumb shit that its not worth another play through.

Either they learn from that or don't is the big factor.
>>
depends on the Multiplayer
as long as it's like 3 it'll be worth it
>>
You know what really bothers me about Bioware? That they seem to be completely disconnected from reality. They don't understand their audience, they don't understand their games, and they don't even understand the difference between good/bad writing. All of their press statements clearly show they can't take constructive criticism at all, and take all feedback as personal insults instead.

How the fuck do these people write RPGs? It doesn't make sense, because ME has some brilliant storytelling (e.g., Mordin, one of the best written characters in the history of video games). I can only assume that its the people at the top that are retarded, like Mac Walters, and there are some actual intelligent people at the bottom who grit their teeth and work around his bullshit. It's completely tragic, and I feel sorry for those 2-3 guys who are constantly held back by this shit company. They should do like what anime studios do, and form their own company which can focus on actually creating good shit.
>>
are we back yet
>>
After 2 and 3?

It has a 100% chance of sucking.
>>
>>340693428
Honestly hoping it doesn't have multiplayer...

Multiplayer killed the fucking series and took up WAY too much time the dev's could've spent on a better campaign.
>>
The disappointment of ME3s ending and subsequent mishandling still feels so fresh. I think I'll still be too salty to give it a chance to even see how it is.
>>
File: Luna_gmap.png (173 KB, 512x256) Image search: [Google]
Luna_gmap.png
173 KB, 512x256
>>340692868
The possibility of Andromeda being modeled after Inquisition is what worries me. I like the concept of a big world to explore, but not if it means sacrificing quest diversity for the sake of endless fetch quests.
>>
>>340692053
I want to be optimistic since I liked all the ME games, even 3. But the chances are pretty high. The fucking lead writer unironically has one of those "White male tears" coffee mugs Im pretty sure.
>>
The question isn't if it'll suck, the question is if it's even gonna fucking come out.
>>
>>340692053
It won't suck, it won't be great.

Dragon Age: Inquisition: Mass Effect
>>
>>340692053
>No Javik
>No buy
>>
>>340693689
The multiplayer was entirely tacked on and was barren until BioWare actually got some freedom from EA to work on it.

The MP was by far the best part of 3.
>>
If it's origin exclusive on PC forget it.
>>
>>340694257
No one from the original trilogy will be in the new game.
>>
File: Pirate_Flag_of_Jack_Rackham.svg.png (89 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Pirate_Flag_of_Jack_Rackham.svg.png
89 KB, 2000x1333
>>340694632
Who said you need Origin?
>>
>>340692868
I'm basically on the same boat as you minus the enjoying Inquisition part. I'm cautiously optimistic about ME:A since we haven't seen any actual definitive gameplay of the game, although I feel like if the game decides to go the "DAI in space" route it's going to be another turd in Bioware's dossier of shit games.
>>
>>340695740
I feel that. Hopeful for a gameplay reveal on sunday, maybe that will give me something to be excited about.
>>
Eh, I was kind of interested at first since it's a new team, and a sort of reboot, but lost interest as soon as they mentioned the plot would be most likely a rehash of the same old humans are important storyline.
>>
File: noveria.jpg (241 KB, 800x377) Image search: [Google]
noveria.jpg
241 KB, 800x377
The whole "new frontier" idea's fun, but I hope we see more than just tiny colonies and barren wastelands with no one to interact with.

I want to see more lively cities and communities. Or big comfy outposts like Noveria.
>>
>>340695293

I can't torrent on my network and I don't know where to direct download games.
>>
>>340696685
>noveria

>that straight bullshit trailer that had Shep choosing Liara's research place over saving Noveria
>actual Noveria is full of corrupt corporate shit and has the Rachni but is never in need of saving
I'm glad the trailer lied.
>>
File: tmp_2016-Damar,_2375-411172438.jpg (100 KB, 400x393) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2016-Damar,_2375-411172438.jpg
100 KB, 400x393
>>340692053
95% likelihood.

DA:I was leagues better than FA2, ME3, and SWTOR. It was still shit, but not utterly unbearable, so there is a small glimmer of hope that BioWare will continue to learn their lesson and shine their tarnished cred a bit further.

But it's unlikely, and you really should prepare for the worst. The only reason I'm getting it is because I'm obsessed with dating gayliens, if gays only get humans again it's a no buy.
>>
>>340694701
*Except for Liara
>>
>>340692220
It's post ME1

It'll suck

FTFY
>>
>>340697841
>>340694701
Ya'll are really stupid if you seriously think they're not going to include Archangel.
>>
>>340692868
Why did you enjoy ME3 at all after Tuchanka? With the retarded kid forced PTSD and Cerberus becoming reaper indoctrinated bad guys?
>>
File: masseffectcast.jpg (72 KB, 840x373) Image search: [Google]
masseffectcast.jpg
72 KB, 840x373
>>340698194
Garrus and Tali were always popular, but I doubt that means we'll see them.

There's supposedly a pretty good timeskip between ME3 and Andromeda.
>>
>>340698461
Didn't they hook up in ME3 if you didn't romance them?
>>
>>340698598
Yes. Considering how rabid Garrusfags and Talifags can be, I can only imagine the uproar. I also think Ashley and James flirt in the citadel dlc if you dont romance her
>>
>>340698461
>Garrus sad his bro/love got deaded, goes into cryosleep in the belly of the ship to get away from the past, you find his pod while exploring the bowels to fix [insert plot device here]

It's too easy. You know BioWare won't be able to resist it.
>>
>>340697938
>implying ME1 wasnt a mess
>the inventory management
>the fucking main enemies motivation
>the sluggish pacing because muh space operas
>the droning sci-fi music; yeah its great at first after 15 minutes you want to suck a vorcha dick just to make it stop
>the stale dialogue
>the shitty character upgrade system
>elevator rides yaaaay
>game freezing at the end of elevator rides yaaaay
>the cardboard NPCs especially in the citadel
>the complete lack of interesting DLC
>>
It will have nothing left from the original game and team to ride on. For all intents and purposes it's a new IP using the brand, made by a team of nobodies, if we're lucky.

All the budget is going into marketing for this, they know they'll have to burn an bury the IP after the cashing in on this. Well, until the inevitable remasters/spiritual sequel a decade down the line.
>>
>>340698379
Different anon, but for me personally, I loved the character wrap-ups. Like Grunt's last stand when he charges the rachni alone to buy everyone time to get clear. Pure Krogan. Or Tali tearfully confirming to Legion that he does have a soul moments before he uploads the code and dies. Mordin's "BECAUSE I MADE A MISTAKE!" speech.

I could go on, but fuck me, ME3 was one tear-jerking moment of excellence after another. I think it just gets unfairly bogged down by people focusing on the shitty ending and some of the faggy mechanics introduced.

There was a lot of good there.
>>
>>340698730
>"Ashley, tu con tantas curvas y yo sin frenos"
>>
Ass Effect - Colombo Edition
R.I.P. Space Aztec
>>
>>340696965
Releaselog is pretty much direct download piracy central. Make sure you use something like JDownloader to manage the links or else shit goes bad real quick.
>>
Am I the only one that loved the fuck out of me2? i replayed that game with every class on every difficulty.
>>
File: ME vision.jpg (316 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ME vision.jpg
316 KB, 1280x720
>>340698870
Oh it was definitely rough, but there was an atmosphere to it I loved.

Also, the elevator rides were just a fun way to throw in some character banter during loading screens.
>>
The idea is cool and I'm pretty surprising to see it taking place in an entirely different galaxy. That's pretty adventurous in more than one way.

But it'll suck. I actually enjoyed most of ME3 (and even the online) and I really like the lore and setting, but they'll fuck it up.

It's a shame too. Mass Effect has a lot of possibilities for stories but we won't ever see them.
>>
>>340692053
What I want more than anything else out of this game is a Dragon Age: Origins set-up. I want to have a bunch of different backgrounds from a bunch of different races that then converge in the main story. Asari Commando? Krogan Battlemaster? Geth Juggernaut? Drell Assassin? Turian Imperator? Human N7? Fuck. Yes.
>>
File: 1444095808856.jpg (36 KB, 420x418) Image search: [Google]
1444095808856.jpg
36 KB, 420x418
>>340698870
>>the inventory management
Fuck you. The shitty inventory was great.
>Glitching it on the xbox 360 so you can wear any armor in the game
>Wearing the heavy Onyx armor as a vanguard
>Literally unkillable
>>
File: scientistsalarian.png (205 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
scientistsalarian.png
205 KB, 500x318
>>340699296
ME2 was great. Every installment of the series had its ups and downs.
>>
>>340698870
>hating on the pacing

Fuck you, man. It was one of the only space games given proper pacing. It needed to be that slow, it was a good thing. I wish you (and the majority of people who played vidya) had more patience. You gain so much immersion when you can relax into an atmosphere.

I see this same complaint in Deus Ex threads about how Liberty Island was too open and didn't hold your hand, because no one bothered to play the training mission and then expected an action packed linear shooter with an arrow telling you where to go, instead of allowing yourself the time to absorb the atmosphere and immerse yourself in the game.

I think people don't realize immersion is 50% the game and 50% you. You gotta work with it.
>>
>>340694456
This. The multiplayer pretty much saved 3 from being a pile of shit.
>>
>>340692053
I've seen webms and it looked very similar to ME3 in terms of gameplay, which might end up being a good or bad thing
>>
Who's ready for gay aliens?

You know Bioware is going to do it. It's 2016!
>>
>>340693524

this
>>
>>340699659
>>340697198
>>
>>340699659
Gayliens and lesbomancy are fine with me. I just want to be an interstellar investigator.
>>
>>340699437
Race customization's a fun idea, but I have a hard time picturing it being implemented to the extent that people want.

Having characters call you "knife ears" in Dragon Age is one thing, but incorporating the differences between between being recognized as a Geth or a Krogan warlord? Seems like a tall order.
>>
Am I the only one who wants to see a Mass Effect MMO?

I know TORtanic is still a huge thing on /v/, but I enjoyed it. Sure it wasnt really great but it was still fairly enjoyable, especially playing with a few friends
>>
File: dirtycasual.png (102 KB, 314x333) Image search: [Google]
dirtycasual.png
102 KB, 314x333
>>340698870
>un-ironically calling ME1 a lesser game
>>
>>340699995
I'd play the shit out of it.

Even though Bioware would most likely drop the ball
>>
>>340699781
It's about joining whatever the primary organization would be. You're not the Geth or Krogan, you're the Spectre or somesuch. Like how they do with the Grey Warden / Inquisitor.
>>
>>340699995
I think the problem is that Bioware's strength lies in stories and character arcs with a clear start and finish, but MMOs subsist on endless self-perpetuating content.
>>
>>340692053
It's going to be subpar

We're well past Bioware's glory days. If it doesn't have all the bad tropes that Bioware abuses, it's going to be still marred by their writing style. Even in their golden age they were still arguably second-fiddle to Obsidian and CDProjekt (before each made their magnum opus). Now they're in a world where a fucking indie team can write a better story than them.

Gameplay wise it'll probably be average. ME3 actually had average gunplay which was an achievement. There's no way in hell it'll be a good rpg even if the series keeps wearing that title.

Presentation wise? It's going to continue to be some of the worst presentation one can find in a triple A game. When Dark Souls 1 has better convincing animations, Dragons Dogma has better combat animations, and Witcher 2's facial animations blow Inquisition's out of the water, you know your company is on the shit end of the stick.

This is not even bringing up Witcher 3's facial animations which I don't think Bioware will get to until another ten years down the road.

Also their art department should get fired and replaced. Inquisition had some of the worst fantasy art I've even seen. Like seriously. It couldn't decide between cartoony or realism, and looked like hot garbage either way. Also those fucking character models too. Dat face grease.
>>
>>340699995
Tortanic would have been 100x better as a mass effect gameplay style star wars game. The roll based dialogue choices was cool so they could even keep the co-op aspect.
>>
>>340692053
Holding off judgement until I see the game in action. Guess we will find out Sunday if it at least looks decent or not.
>>
Bioware, a company thats gone full SJW?.............

About 100%
>>
>>340698870
>the complete lack of interesting DLC
nigger the game was released in 2007. dlc wasn't big back then
>>
Hopefully the sex scenes are good.

Aside from that all hope is lost.
>>
/v/ doesn't like it already.
Should be a bretty fun game
>>
I hope we get as many crew members as ME2.

Batarian bro when?
>>
>>340701317
Aren't the Batarians on the brink of extinction by the end of ME3?
>>
>>340701317
I hope they find a balance between crew size and group interaction. ME2's party was great, but no one really talked to each other apart from one or two spats.
>>
>>340701792
Brink of extinction doesn't mean extinct. Yes we should get a Batarian squad mate. A female turian is also overdue.
>>
>>340695293
Its EA. Obviously its going to have based Denuvo.
>>
File: mea.png (29 KB, 613x292) Image search: [Google]
mea.png
29 KB, 613x292
No playable xenos for you
>>
>>340692053
95%

5% it could turn out like ME3 where most of it is good and there are even a few amazing parts but also parts that are so shit they sour the overall experience.
>>
File: tmp_2016-blink-948156462.gif (770 KB, 499x367) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2016-blink-948156462.gif
770 KB, 499x367
>>340702083
>HURR MUH RELATABILITY DURR

BioWare is fucking obsessed with using this excuse. Seriously, they use it every single time a question about the depth of character creation, character interactions, or off beat romances is brought up. They used to be wholly against non human romances for the exact same reason.

The truth is painfully obvious though, relatability 1:1 translates to "we don't want to do the modelling and extra voice work for this, because we are lazy and cheap".

Fuck relatability as an excuse, you are a fucking SPACE PERSON flying an. ARK SHIP to a DIFFERENT GOD DAMNED GALAXY. Nothing about your story is relatable! Fuck!
>>
>>340702015
Would we be able to fuck said Turian?
>>
High since key people dropped out
>>
>>340702776
Turians seem pretty gay. There were so many of them dancing in the games and there was that one gay turian in ME2 (Gavorn)
>>
File: 1465280912824.png (220 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1465280912824.png
220 KB, 400x400
>>340699445
>heavy Onyx
>good

come back once you have heavy colossus X
>>
>>340692053
I better be able to fuck some hot Asari puss
>>
>>340692053
Pretty damn unlikely.

Here's a view from a Bioware fanboy, grew up playing KOTOR, graduated to Mass Effect and Dragon Age when I was like, eleven.

Even Dragon Age 2, the worst game Bioware ever made, was pretty solid flaws aside. Inquisition showed they really, really wanted to do a planet exploration game, everything from that will translate much better to the Mass Effect universe.

I think that was the major issue, Inquisition felt like a Mass Effect game in the Dragon Age universe, it was fantastic in my opinion, I played it through two times straight, but I can see the issues that turned people off of the game, they didn't bother me as much because, well, I've adapted to current trends and nothing short of absolute shit really phases me anymore.

Without the constraints of the original trilogy, Andromeda has the potential to be a second wind for the series. Also fucking jetpacks man, those alone will make the game so much cooler.
>>
>>340692053
It's being made by the team that made ME3's multiplayer. Which is one of the only things that was good from that game.
So it might be good.
Dammit I don't want to have any hope for this game. I've been hurt before.
>>
>>340702083
Honestly, the protagonist has never been the strongest point of a Bioware game. They're a vehicle for interacting with more interesting characters and diverse situations.

So the fact that they're not spreading resources thin to give the new Shepard a dozen different voices and unique character animations to accommodate for vastly different races throughout the entire game doesn't really ruin it for me. I'd probably go with Quarian if given the option though.
>>
>>340704409
>Even Dragon Age 2, the worst game Bioware ever made, was pretty solid flaws aside.

Opinion discarded so fast a 100,000 fps camera couldn't detect it.
>>
>>340702083
>it has to be relatable
Bad at telling stories in game. Bad at telling stories out of game.
>>
>>340704748
Nice meme mate.

The cast was solid, the story was solid and the sidequests were pretty solid. Even Hawke was pretty solid.

The problems everyone had with the game was its scale, its asset reuse and simplified combat, two of which are understandable, the combat I personally give a pass because, bloody hell DA1's combat felt like a slog even at the time.

There's no sense having such a simple minded view of something just because it didn't meet your expectations, and only a sheep hates something because everyone else hates it.
>>
>>340694007
>Fucking Inquisition maps are mountains everywhere forcing you to go in circles
it's shit and enemies made of molten core didn't helped neither
>no matter the difficulty you will always make low damage
>Enemies escalate with you
>Enemies are damage sponges because they have shit ton of health
>Those little guys who constantly jump and throw that freeze beam that takes all of your life in 2 seconds and there is to way to escape from it
>They were supossed to be nerfed and never happend because Bioware is a shit company
Inquisition sucks in so many ways that i had to force myself because i wanted to play RPG with multiple choices.
>>
File: -da2.png (321 KB, 1028x757) Image search: [Google]
-da2.png
321 KB, 1028x757
>>340704748
I'll defend DA2 to the end, warts and all.

The dysfunctional Kirkwall family if probably my favorite party in the series.
>>
File: zootopia.jpg (64 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
zootopia.jpg
64 KB, 600x360
>>340702083
They're right, humans can only relate to other humans. That's why some of the most successful and acclaimed movies of all time, especially those that appeal to children, exclusively use human characters. Empathizing with non-humans is an ability which the average person simply does not possess, and is seen repeatedly in the free market.

How fucking retarded is Bioware?
>>
File: 1464833466124.jpg (47 KB, 501x720) Image search: [Google]
1464833466124.jpg
47 KB, 501x720
0%. Bioware hasn't made a good game since ever. The best stuff they made was mediocre and that was decades ago.
>>
File: tmp_2016-Ganja_HQ155458943.jpg (89 KB, 396x539) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2016-Ganja_HQ155458943.jpg
89 KB, 396x539
>>340705160
>look at me, I'm such a special and unique snowflake because I liked the shittiest game ever created

The casting was men, the story was a disaster, and the sidequests were 90% fetch quests of the most tedious and basic nature. The fact that you're a rube who can likely find fun in watch paint dry and eating glue doesn't mean everyone else's opinions, made with reasoned facts and compared to other games in the same genre, should be dismissed because they're "just jaded faggots".
>>
>>340699659

There's been gayliens since ME1.
>>
File: Snarky femHawke.jpg (27 KB, 344x421) Image search: [Google]
Snarky femHawke.jpg
27 KB, 344x421
>>340692053
Will the protagonist be able to top snarky femHawke?
>>
File: 1428935278695.jpg (18 KB, 201x240) Image search: [Google]
1428935278695.jpg
18 KB, 201x240
>>340692053
>yfw the planets are just ubisoft "inspired" open world maps
>>
>>340706514
>yfw the plot is about how you're the good migrants and parallels how da cis white mayn be keeping minorities down with "mean" intelligent races telling you to fuck off
>>
>>340706514
>>340706740
>Alien Donald Trump builds a dyson sphere to keep Milkycans out of his planet
>>
File: 1435547868749.gif (2 MB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
1435547868749.gif
2 MB, 400x323
>mfw im buying it because of the multiplayer
>>
>>340692053

100%
>>
>>340692053

Moderate to high
>>
Who else wants a vorcha squadmate?
>>
>>340709552
No one. Why? I don't want to have extended conversations with those fugly things.
>>
File: garrus and rain.png (109 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
garrus and rain.png
109 KB, 500x332
>>340709552
I think the voice would be entertaining for all of two minutes.
>>
>>340709552

Vorcha are the worst race in ME.
>>
>>340692053
>gayder gone
>hamburger gone
>hudson gone
>top tier art direction
>well known neofag leaker called it "what mass effect 1 was supposed to be"
i'm optimistic
>>
>>340711335
>Walters is now at the top of the chain of command
>Poo in the loo Pajeet is in charge of gameplay and hates shitlords
Don't expect much.
>>
File: Vorcha_new_style.png (330 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Vorcha_new_style.png
330 KB, 640x360
>>340710587
>>340710637
>>340710735
Y'all just jealous
>>
File: 1464586324759.jpg (60 KB, 673x696) Image search: [Google]
1464586324759.jpg
60 KB, 673x696
>>340692053
It's going to suck due to the sjw fagging they pump into their games. Also the series as a whole is a heretical shitfest.
>>
File: 528807664.jpg (20 KB, 400x441) Image search: [Google]
528807664.jpg
20 KB, 400x441
>>340711335
They don't even need shills with fanboys this strong.

>>340692053
No chance. No matter what happens the fallout will be legendary. I for one welcome the impending fanrage.
>>
>>340692053
I'm actually curious on ahat they plan to do with the andromeda aliens? Are they going to use tbe same fucking generic, cookie cutter humanoid aliens who's ships all look the same? Or will they all be super otherwordly since it's another galaxy. I don't mind thr humanoids but it's stale when they're all the same (Minus three species)
>>
>>340711768
Why are the Locust in Mass Effect?
>>
>>340712346
Probably even more humanoid so they have even less animation and modeling work to do. And reskinned old models/animations for the more "out there" races.
>>
>>340712346
The reason we're restricted to playing human is because theyre too lazy to model something different
>>
File: 1462765826557.jpg (744 KB, 1000x1242) Image search: [Google]
1462765826557.jpg
744 KB, 1000x1242
>>340712612
>>340712728

Of course they're probably going to make generic shit like "space elves" and other horseshit to cut corners. If it's that hard for a tripleA game making company to design and animate some aliens that don't all look the same I have no words. You'd think with all other Sci-fi works out there they can learn to make some actual cool aliens
Pic related
>>
So essentially this little reboot will have choices that dont matter, cookie cutter aliens, and a ancient alien threat just like last time
>>
File: Orson.jpg (44 KB, 667x399) Image search: [Google]
Orson.jpg
44 KB, 667x399
>>340692868
>I think ME3 was the best of the series
>>
>>340713170
Oh boy what's this ancient evil this time? Not squid lawnmowers but fucking walking toasters?
>>
>>340713610
Probably an intergalactic racist empire that discriminates against certain races, hates women, and hates gays.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (167 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
167 KB, 1920x1080
>>340713945
>Mfw no Cybernetic war-hungry alien race that forcibly assimilates other species and turns any dead organic material into food and medicine like the Strogg
Bioware can't into making proper alien evil.
>>
File: 1444250391553.jpg (17 KB, 385x387) Image search: [Google]
1444250391553.jpg
17 KB, 385x387
It finally happened. We were overrun by biodrones.
Hold me, /v/
>>
>>340713610
Donald Tramp
>>
>>340692053
You know the chances.
>>
>>340714259
Shh, shee.

I'll do you first, then me.
>>
File: Kai_leng_the_space_ninja.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Kai_leng_the_space_ninja.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>340692868
>ME3 was the best of the series
*unsheathes space katana*
>>
File: 1462445193906.jpg (498 KB, 1131x1600) Image search: [Google]
1462445193906.jpg
498 KB, 1131x1600
>>340714351
How can the god Emperor of humanity be an evil?
>>
>>340705362
>i suck at inquisition, but i'm gonna blame the game instead of my own lack of skills
>>
>>340714427
Thank allah I pirated this piece of shit. The space weeaboo was icing on the turs cake for me.
>those backflips
>>
>>340714427
Oh yeah, Kai? You might think you have him cornered, but you'd be wrong. Because little did you know, there's a box of my cereal right behind you.
>>
>>340714523
>implying any bioware game requires any sort of skill
You're already dead.
>>
>>340705910
>shittiest game ever created

I'm pretty sure I'm talking about Dragon Age 2, not Day One: Garry's Incident.

No, I'm not a special snowflake, there are plenty of other people who enjoyed it as much as me. It's the worst of the three, but far from being bad, it had plenty of merits.

>The casting was men

Is not a valid criticism, nor an accurate one, the main villain was a bloody woman.

>the story was a disaster

This comes down to opinion, I found the story very compelling, with each act being just as entertaining as each other, granted the finale irked my with it's open ended nature.

>the sidequests were 90% fetch quests of the most tedious and basic nature

A fair point, though not at all that different from RPG's in general, what side quests had story in them were perfectly fine.

The truth of the matter is the game had flaws, but wasn't an overall poor product, I'm even willing to discuss this at length if you like, I've played it through three times, once when it came out on 360, once on PS3, and a third time more recently.
>>
File: Untitled.png (618 KB, 925x833) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
618 KB, 925x833
>>340714759
kek, just noticed this edit
>>
>>340714427
The only part of the main game that really fell flat, you could replace Kai Leng with a unique Phantom model and cut all his lines and it would have been far better, just have a pinnacle of Reaper Augmentation kick your ass a few times. Instead they took a good character and made him a big middle finger.
>>
>>340714484
In SJWLand he is

LITERALLY Hitler
>>
File: 1463108526969.jpg (30 KB, 323x324) Image search: [Google]
1463108526969.jpg
30 KB, 323x324
>>340715492
>Renegade option is to join Emperor Donald Trump and ravage the Galaxy in the name of himan Superiority
All of my yes.
Purge. Cleanse. Kill Xenos scum.
>>
>>340715620
MAKE ANDROMEDA GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>340715076
I'm not the other anon, but as I recall the only vaguely bearable character was Aveline, because the only character writing BioWare has ever been able to do competently is dry humor. They're constantly trying to recapture the magic of HK-47, and Zevran is the closest they've come in these dark latter days.
For that matter, Zevran was the only reason I managed to beat Origins, since anytime the story got too far up its own ass he'd say something off-color. Dragon Age 2 lacked that counterbalance to its blandness, so I only made it to the second act.
>>
>>340716485
Oh, likewise, the Mass Effect dry humor character is Garrus. Origins double-dipped, since that was also Morrigan's schtick. Note how, maybe with the exception of Zevran, I'm listing all the fan favorites. Now think about how these fan favorites are all literally the same character.
>>
>>340711734
>>Poo in the loo Pajeet is in charge of gameplay and hates shitlords
how do his opinions affect anything if he's in charge of gameplay
>>
>>340712201
>not blindly hating anything and everything=being a fanboy
>>
>>340713170
>So essentially this little reboot will have choices that dont matter, cookie cutter aliens
do you have a single fact to back that up
>>
>>340692053
High. I want to be wrong but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>340692053
Remember when people were asking if DAII would suck?
Remember when people were asking if ME3 would suck?

You never learn.
>>
>>340696992
>that straight bullshit trailer that had Shep choosing Liara's research place over saving Noveria
What trailer?
>>
>>340699001
It's not just a matter of the ending, it's a matter of the entire core of the story sucking. ME2 does the same thing. All the character quests are fantastic but the actual main story is pure balls being rubbed in your face.
>>
>>340720401
>but the actual main story is pure balls being rubbed in your face.
To be fair, even though it had retarded shit like Shepard dying at the start, the real reason the story is so bad is because it was 100% reliant on a sequel which didn't deliver.
>>
File: 1462174865568.jpg (70 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
1462174865568.jpg
70 KB, 846x846
>>340702083
God damn it all this is the only thing I wanted from Mass Effect. I don't care about the lumpy play doh facial animations or the burning garbage bomb of social justice that Bioware's writing team turned into post-Hamburger Helper, just let me play a goddamn turian Bioware. Let me give you my money
>>
>>340720794

Well, this is kind of true. If the ME2 characters were relevant at all outside of Legion/Tali/Mordin, the plot of building a good team would've felt more important.
>>
>>340720794
But ME2 was also a sequel that didn't deliver. It went out of its way to abandon the setup that ME1 gave it in order to have you build another team, go stop a side story and generally do nothing to advance what the original set up to be the core premise of the series going forward, i.e. learning more about the Reapers and trying to find a way to stop them.
>>
>>340721308
ME2's story would have almost made more sense if it was ME2 -> ME1 -> ME3

ME2: Hey Shepard some new colonies are going missing, weird huh? Some aliens called the Collectors seem to be abducting them. We need you to do this suicide mission thing to stop them.

ME1: Good job with the collectors Shepard, you're being made the first human Spectre. Some turian named Saren is going to work with you to- woops he's evil and working for these mysterious Reapers the Collectors were. Better stuff him and Sovereign back down the hole they crawled out of.

ME3: Big punchup against the Reapers awakened by Sovereign blowing up.
>>
>>340721308
Yeah, that too. It definitely has direction problems, but I think having the climactic ME2 player decision hand-waved away in ME3 was the most damaging of all.

Fucking BioWare.
>>
>>340721623
That progression makes much more sense actually. You could almost forget about the reapers in ME2
>>
>>340721927
ME3's writer felt like he was determined to make sure that you sat there like a good little player and watched his story and couldn't be more annoyed by your attempts to get away from what he was writing.
>>
File: Steeeve_-_robert_recording.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Steeeve_-_robert_recording.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
10$ says they'll put Denuvo and a space tranny in it. Maybe a crying homosexual again
>>
>>340720253
I've still yet to finish DA2, while i marathoned through the entirety of ME series
>>
>>340721308
Sounds about right.
The saving grace was that it was a fun side-story with awesome fucking characters, but ME2 compounded a lot of the missteps ME3 would take.
>>
>>340726338
It's also when the series stopped running on established and consistent canon and started running on what the current writer decided was cool. That's how you get stuff like Cerberus going from a shadowy black ops group to being capable of building the Normandy again and better in complete secrecy to suddenly being an antagonist on the same scale as the Reapers as far as the game is concerned.
>>
>>340692053

It's going to get crushed by Cyberpunk 2077 and EA will kill off BioWare.
>>
>>340725763
I really had to force myself through DA2. Took like a month long break in the middle of my playthrough because I got so bored. Did the same with ME2 actually.
>>
>>340726884
I bet we'll see Andromeda next year, while Cyberpunk will be 2018 or something. Bioware's last game came out in 2014 so they've already been working on it for a long time, while CD Projekt Red only truly finished The Witcher 3 a month or so ago, and is a much smaller studio to boot.
>>
>All your choices in the first games affect the people and factions in the Milky Way galaxy, possibly determining the survival or extinction of entire species such as the Geth, Quarians and Rachni
>Mass Effect: Andromeda: Lol, let's just set the game in a completely different galaxy, rendering all your previous choices and actions completely fucking worthless and redundant :^)

Fuck modern Bioware. What were they thinking?
>>
>>340728129
Probably the same things they thought when they decided to completely shit over their fanbase by turning ME2 and DA2 into shitty generic action games.
They dont give a fuck about making good games, and they especially despise the thought of making a decent RPG these days.
>>
We will never live in a world where bioware decided, just this once, to not make their story revolve around an ancient evil

ME had so much potential its setting was actually pretty interesting by the starndards of sci-fi vidya anyway, it could have been a game about a dick-ass agent (or a goody two shoes if thats what you want) doing secret-agent work in space, solving mysteries, helping avert or hell actually helping cause inter-race conflicts, having a choice whether to push humanity or be more or less unbiased, working with or against secret societies

but instead we got the usual, ancient evil awakens, you are teh chosen one drivel, and then ME3 killed the universe so hard, that they have to fucking move to another galaxy to avoid all that mess
>>
>>340729274
I'm so sick of playing as chosen ones. Shepard in ME1 was cool because he was just a guy. He was the right man in the right place but he was still just a dude that was a super good soldier and had a beacon shart a message into his brain. Anything that made him more important than that was through his own actions, such as becoming a Spectre or finding a Prothean expert or so on.
Actually, why did ME2 entirely forget about Liara's chosen occupation and turn her into an information broker? She was arguably the most important squad member from the first game with regards to the overarching goal of stopping the Reapers. She was also interesting contrast with the rest of the crew, a timid and reserved researcher in among all the loud and experienced space soldiers. Then she turns into a tough as nails information broker for no apparent reason.
>>
>>340729814
>becoming a Spectre
That was literally just a fuck off from the council. I don't think Shepard ever did Spectre missions that weren't related to reaper business.
>>
>>340729996
But the point is that it's a thing that happened with a cause and effect relationship beyond 'Shepard is the important story dude'.
>>
>>340699001
>grunt has a last stand
>he's fine anyway
>legions fucking nonsense sacrifice that doesn't make any sense from any angle
The Mordin bit was good, but it was one of the very few good parts. I'm going to be replaying through the series, and I already know 3 is going to be as much o a struggle as re-100%ing 1
>>
>>340730292
>Have to betray Wrex and doom his entire species to save Mordin
>He doesn't even have the same voice actor
Fuck you Bioware
>>
Every time I see Andromeda stuff I just remember that ME3 killed my attachment to the series.
I'd love to be excited about a ME game again but I can't.
>>
>>340730495
I haven't played ME3 yet. You mean Wrex doesn't have the same actor or Mordin? It's important.
>>
>>340730965
Mordin
>>
>>340730997
Ok, I can live with that.
>>
File: 1457919507486.png (93 KB, 221x328) Image search: [Google]
1457919507486.png
93 KB, 221x328
>>340731117
I will cut you
>>
File: 1452186522254.jpg (28 KB, 235x306) Image search: [Google]
1452186522254.jpg
28 KB, 235x306
>>340702083

>But it's for relatability!
>It's not the fact we're absolutely shit at storytelling and instead want the players to do the work for us, honest!
>>
>>340731425
They can't even make the humans relatable
>>
>>340714484
That´s sanguinius though.
>>
>>340702083
IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A FUCKING ROLE PLAYING GAME.
YOU PLAY A ROLE THAT ISN'T YOU.

Who would actually believe that shameless excuse.
>>
>>340733543
>YOU PLAY A ROLE THAT ISN'T YOU.

You're clearly supposed to self-insert though.
>>
>>340692053
>So what are the chances this is isnt going to suck?

FTFY
Also the chance for that is ZERO.
>>
>>340733701
Yeah right, i'll remember that next time i get to make a decision and my choices will be "let us hug" or "eat the puppy"
>>
>>340692053
50% it all depends whether the MP is as addicting as 3's or not.
the SP is gonna be your generic bland third person shooter with no beloved characters like garrus, tali or muh waifu
>>
>>340733898

>why are you being so nice to me, shepard. if you want to fuck me, then let's fuck.

wut I just want to get through these shitty dialogs and play the game.
>>
File: 1463369628893.png (746 B, 158x36) Image search: [Google]
1463369628893.png
746 B, 158x36
>>340730767
>>
Wonder why the Reapers don't have to harvest AI creating species in Andromeda, they must be the Africa of galaxies.
>>
>>340734762
Judging from pre-release material, only species in Andromeda are the same ones from Milky Way
>>
Now that Mass Effect is essentially dead, will we ever have another franchise to hold the same potential to be the defining sci-fi epic?
>>
>>340692053
Chances are always good.

But personally I hope it beats the odds of it being shit and ends up being a good game.
>>
>>340735514
>Chances are always good.
Inquisition was diarrhea. And I was really optimistic about it.
>>
>>340693076
I'm still mad about Kuei Lang
>>
File: 1462060843045.png (362 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1462060843045.png
362 KB, 700x700
>>340735881
>I was really optimistic about it
What was the basis of that?
>>
>>340736243
By far one of the worst antagonists I've ever encountered in a video game.
>>
File: 1464959545562.png (357 KB, 504x500) Image search: [Google]
1464959545562.png
357 KB, 504x500
>>340736280
>it can't be worse than than the second one
>also playable qunari
Little did I know that not only was it worse than 2 they also destroyed the only interesting race they had.
>>
>>340736440
>also playable qunari
YOu realize that was an utter afterthought, right? Multiple races was announced way late and the result was 2 fucking voice choices for all of them
>>
>>340736440
>it was worse than 2
What? I heard Inquisition was at least better than 2. What did they do to the Qunari besides "WE LET HER LIVE AS A MAN, OUR RIGID GENDER SEGREGATED SOCIETY IS QUIRKY THAT WAY"
>>
>>340736559
>YOu realize that was an utter afterthought, right?
Yes I know. They only planned humans at first.
>>
>>340699437
This is what I want as well, but it's 100% impossible.
Too many variables and time-consuming stuff to implement, and it will satisfy only the role playing faggots such as myself rather than all the general public who just wants a fuck yeah humanity badass.
>>
File: 1464897152506.png (335 KB, 537x556) Image search: [Google]
1464897152506.png
335 KB, 537x556
>>340720837
>Hambuger-helper

Jesus christ, I completely forgot about that. /v/ after the release of DA:O was golden.
>>
>>340694007
I agree.
I really dislike collectathons and fetch quests.
>>
File: bosh'tet.jpg (123 KB, 1025x1025) Image search: [Google]
bosh'tet.jpg
123 KB, 1025x1025
>>340732326
When will Bioware realise that everyone likes their alien characters because they are, in fact, very relatable for the human player?

All of their humanoid aliens are incredibly human. They look similar, they have the same body language, the same facial expressions (even the Turians), the same tendency to gesticulate like mad while talking... The list goes on and on. They're all just humans with made-up cultures and quirks, because it's basically impossible to write truly alien aliens that can interact meaningfully with a human player.
>>
>>340704051
The colossus series looks crap.
Aldrin Labs 4 life.
>>
>>340737373
And that too is why people want to play them. Generally, the races are like humans but cooler. When you're pushing an RPG, having a race that's a cooler human with more interesting cultural things to role play, you're creating a compelling option to play as.
>>
>>340737373
The relatable crap is just PR for "our schedule and budget doesn't allow for that kind of thing since our marketing department thinks fps dudebros are grossed out by playing as aliens"
>>
>>340736302
*TELEPORTS BEHIND YOU*
pssshhh nothin personel shepard
*UNSHEATS KATANA*
>>
>>340737714
*pisses in your potted plants*
*eats your cereal*
Psssssssssshhh
>>
>>340737573
You know, I'd respect them a lot more if they stood up and said 'yeah, you can only play as a human because we don't have the time or budget to make five meaningfully different protagonists' instead of this 'you think you want it but you don't' crap.
>>
>>340737714
It's not just that, but how the writer took control away from you and forced Shepard to hold the idiot ball for a while just so he could show off his cool character.
>>
File: 1464561975055.jpg (75 KB, 653x659) Image search: [Google]
1464561975055.jpg
75 KB, 653x659
>>340737714
>>340737837
>he literally did all of these things
Goddamn it.
>>
>>340737837
*pisses in your cereal*
*eats your potted plants*
This time, it's personal.
>>
>>340737886
>beat him in a fight
>he asspulls an attack chopper then sends you a mocking email
YOU FAILED SHEPARD, I WAS JUST 2 GUD 4 U
>>
>>340699330
>atmosphere
this and the aestethics and the soundtrack also had the feeling of a space adventure, where me2 and 3 had more grandiose and action styled music and overall theme
only omega and some parts of the collector ship/base really reminded me of me1
>>
The only thing I wanted from the ME games was to fuck Vakarian in his ass
Fuck Bioware and their retarded MUH HUSBAND MUFFUGA characters
>>
>>340738221
>Shepard shoots down at least two of those things in direct combat before his fight with Cereal Killer
>OH SHIT THIS ONE'S GOT A SEARCHLIGHT FUCK I CAN'T SCRATCH IT
>>
>>340738221
>The Asari you work with mention how gunships are getting shot down all over the place and are generally useless
>The cerberus one makes it just fine and shows up completely undisputed in the hottest part of the battlefield with perfect dramatic timing. You also don't get the option to fight it, despite the fact that you have before and have won before.
>>
>>340738005
Plus he stabbed an autist to death with a sharpened toothbrush even though she's a super speshul gifted biotic and butchered a ship full of Batarian slavers.
>>
>>340715404
>good character

He had no character, though.
>>
>>340738260
ME2 had some good stuff, mainly because a lot of it still used the synth that gave ME1 its unique sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTsD2FjmLsw
>>
>>340702083
you realize they will be selling an 80 dollar season pass with the 50 dollar game code.
>>
File: 1465642754918.jpg (65 KB, 376x800) Image search: [Google]
1465642754918.jpg
65 KB, 376x800
>>340702083
Nothing says relatable quite like forcing me to interact with trannies and overly aggressive dikes.
>>
>>340695293
all EA games have Denuvo so who gives a shit.
>>
>>340715404
>Phantom 2.0 has a non-bullshit way of not getting shot down at the Citadel
>Isn't stopped by a frogman with cancer
>Has a better plan than charging at you with a sword
>Legitimately beats you and your squad instead of fleeing in a gunship
>Doesn't write shitty emails or deliver any kind of dialogue

I'd have really liked that.
>>
>>340738707
I wouldn't give a fuck if they had character outside of that to like or dislike, but they don't. The shuttle pilot in ME3 will forever be 'the gay guy' because that's where his character begins and ends. That's all that there is to him. Bioware's way of handling this stuff is far more offensive than any amount of exclusion could ever be. One is saying that there are no gay guys on the Normandy, the other is saying that the only one was a flaming faggot accompanied by the captain's assistant that introduces herself by talking about how badly she wants to fuck EDI's voice.
>>
>>340738851
Eh, with the pisseasy combat system being unable to beat them would feel asspully.
>>
hope mp is good.

my only concern is if EA amps up the mico transaction bullshit. it might be worse considering they are worse now than when me3 came out.
>>
>>340738907
To be fair I worked shortly with a kid who wanted to transition into a lady and he flaunted the shit out of it. It was offensive even in real life to hear someone who seemed to be acting like nothing more than a stereotype parroting what they heard on tumblr about shit. Bioware's problem seems to be that they hire these sjw police chicks who are complete hypocrites and seem oblivious to how unnaturally these characters are being written.
>>
>>340738907
Don't forget the dull mage that suddenly became gay.
>>
>>340739530
I've met a professional drag queen with more subtlety than some of Bioware's characters.

Cool dude, really knowledgeable about fighting games.
>>
>>340692053
>>340692053
>>340692053
>>340692053

YOU KNOW WHAT SUCKS?

CD Projekt Red won't release a game for a while.

I'd gladly pay another $60 for a new Witcher game or Cyberpunk.
>>
>>340739679
>Cyberpunk
Cancelled.
>>
File: 1460725814732.jpg (61 KB, 648x535) Image search: [Google]
1460725814732.jpg
61 KB, 648x535
>>340739615
>professional drag queen
>>
>>340739679
Eh, there's a couple of things worth waiting for coming out, and worst comes to worst DS3 alone could get 800 more hours out of me. I'm also replaying the dead space and mass effect series, and noticing how much more competent and well done the dead space story is by comparison.
>>
>>340739741
nice meme
>>
>>340739772
Dude made money putting on drag shows with other drag queens.
>>
>>340739793
>DS3 alone could get 800 more hours out of me
What the flying fuck do you even do
>>
>>340739847
thanks
>>
>>340739860
That's a thing that exists?
>>
>>340739864
I don't know why but I really fucking love DS3. I've played 224 hours and I still want more.
>>
>>340739950
Didn't answer my question
>>
>>340739942
Apparently. Also the makeup is fucking crazy.
>>
>>340739942
Yes. There's a cult classic Australian film about it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Priscilla,_Queen_of_the_Desert
>>
>>340740006
Rerun the games on higher NG difficulty and doing gimmick runs, then. Also some PvP.
>>
>>340692868
>Mass Effect 3 is the best of the series
>The entire intro on earth
>Geth war is just the Genophage plot copy pasted
>Dead Crewmates from 2 are literally replaced with reskinned version of themselves.
>The worst dialogue wheel of any Bioware game to date, assuming it even fucking bothered to show up.
>Plot integral character only available as DLC
>Completely shite gun balance. All but the worst shotguns have better range and damage than most sniper rifles.
>Kai Leng
>TIM is reduced to a babbling retard with no character agency
Oh yeah, and the ending was fucking garbage.
>>
>>340740364
>Plot integral character only available as DLC
You mean Javik, Aria or Leviathan?
>>
>>340740056
Wasn't there also a King of the Hill episode that involved drag queens putting on shows?
>>
>>340740364
>The species that created the reapers and a motherfucking live prothean
>Both DLC with fuckall weight on the actual game
Fuck 'em
>>
>>340698870
>the shitty character upgrade system

what kind of crack are you on?
>>
>>340739942
Did you not know this already? Like I know /v/ is pretty uncultured but not knowing about the prevalence of Drag shows is pretty fucking absurd.
>>
>>340740505
With the mother so supportive even her son thought she could tone it down. Good ep.
>>
>>340740684
I live in fucken yurop
>>
>>340692053
here's hoping they introduce some new sci fi concepts instead of riding the same old. as far as I can see the original ME1-3 story is 80% a rewrite of Alistair Reynold's Revelation Space universe with 20% whatever sprinkled it, which is no surprise since those books came out a couple of years before ME1.

Maybe that new galaxy is a playground for inspiration by recent sci fi books. Calling it here: In the center of the galaxy will be something we thought was a black hole but in fact it's a Void where thoughts rule over matter or some shit.
>>
File: 1452537619118.jpg (600 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1452537619118.jpg
600 KB, 1536x2048
>>340712937
>even Mess Effect threads are used as an excuse for Orkfags to hate on you
Bite me you mushroom nigger
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.