[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Final Fantasy 12 HD >With IZJS https://www.youtube.co
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: FFXIITheZodiacAge.jpg (53 KB, 1344x770) Image search: [Google]
FFXIITheZodiacAge.jpg
53 KB, 1344x770
>Final Fantasy 12 HD
>With IZJS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2-bWotLKqo

Finally! I've been waiting for this since they first announce the X/X-2 Remaster.
>>
>>340691914
> worst mainline FF got a remaster
I think I pass this one
>>
>>340692094
>Worst version of worse mainline FF getting a remaster
Fixed that for you.
>>
>!
>>>/reddit/
>>>/co/
>>
>>340692094
You never played IZJS
>>
It's weird.

I hate FF12. Like, unreasonably so. I'm not usually one to get riled up about stuff, but I really, REALLY fucking hate this game. I hate the fact that the battle system plays itself, I hate how the story is literally a beat-for-beat recreation of Star Wars A New Hope, I hate how a good 50% of the main questline is just "Oh, what we were looking for isn't here, maybe it's over there!", and I hate how some of the later and secret bosses are multi-hour slogs, and people use that as a fucking selling point.

BUT

I'm actually kind of excited about this.

Maybe a few years removed and a new coat of HD paint can help me see this game with new eyes. I'm willing to give it a shot
>>
>>340691914
Ya, and will it have good audio or will it all sound like its recorded in a toilet?
>>
File: my ff chart favorites.jpg (3 MB, 6022x5421) Image search: [Google]
my ff chart favorites.jpg
3 MB, 6022x5421
>>340691914
>that music once the gameplay footage appears
Sex to my ears. Sakimoto's music sounds better than ever! Really looking forward to hearing the updated soundtrack.
>>340692094
You mean best
>>
>>340691914
I'd prefer a proper sequel to Tactics really, see more of the post-fantasy creature world that's more like our medieval era but with magic and shit.
>>
>>340693357
Supposedly it'll have higher quality audio, yeah.
>>
>>340692446
IZJS is worse.

>>340692727
It's not noticeably upgraded and the IZJS version is unironically worse than the original.
>>
>>340693513

Holy fuck, you really have shitty tastes.
>>
>>340693803
How so?
>>
>>340692094

12 not 13. Learn how to read.
>>
>>340692727
>I hate the fact that the battle system plays itself

Turn off gambits then

> I hate how some of the later and secret bosses are multi-hour slogs
Literally one. Which is the "ultimate" boss of the game. FFX is more offensive with its super bosses and time required to get into them.

FFXII you have to spend approximately no time grinding in order to do optional content. Besides the optional content itself since some people consider that grind

FFX you have to grind literally dozens of hours for the optional content. And a lot of that grinding isn't even in combat (this is a plus to me though, I like blitzball) but even then there's dozens of hours of combat grind that is required if you want to do everything. Then a few hours of sphere grid grinding perfecting stats and then the optional fights all take a long ass time themselves.

I mean Yaizmat is stupid, but I don't get the bitching about it when you spend a comparative amount of time on dark aeons and pennance.
>>
>not playing ff12 on pcsx2 instead

unless they changed all the textures, this is gonna be the same shit higher resolution.
>>
>>340694139
He likes to autism everyone into doing everything and hates the job system. That's literally the only way anyone could dislike izjs compared to vanilla.
>>
>>340694381
>he can't see the subtle differences in lighting
>he can't hear Sakimoto's redone soundtrack
You need to play more XII
>>340694432
Or maybe he just likes the freedom of being able to make your characters whatever you want them to be. You could even make them classes if you wanted to. IZJS forces classes
>>
>>340694381
Every texture in the video on a character is new. Dunno about environment.

>>340694532
>Or maybe he just likes the freedom of being able to make your characters whatever you want them to be

So you mean making everyone do everything.
>>
>>340694067
this desu
>>
File: 1462696497918.jpg (57 KB, 605x605) Image search: [Google]
1462696497918.jpg
57 KB, 605x605
>>340691914
>literally started emulating 12 last week

You've gotta be fucking shitting me
>>
>>340694139
>>340694432
It grealy limits your builds and caps out progression before the game ends.

It's literally objectively worse.

>>340694532
It's not even that. The main thing that sucks about it is that your classes have so few skills.

FFT's job system is fantastic, this one is complete shit.
>>
File: Judges.png (307 KB, 575x300) Image search: [Google]
Judges.png
307 KB, 575x300
Is 12 really that bad? I've never played it but i've always admired the fuck out of the designs.

Elegant as fuck.
>>
I just wish you could dual class. I mean, 6 characters, 12 jobs. Seems like a perfect fit. As it stands, you have to do two playthroughs to use all classes, and even then you shouldn't because a couple of classes are ass and only make sense as a subclass. And even then, it's really three to four playthroughs since it's a three man party without benched EXP, so unless you are a turbo autist you are sticking with three characters the whole game.
>>
>>340694723
pc fats will get this by 2020
>>
>>340694752
I love it, but that's coming from someone who likes 4 and 8 more than 6, 7, etc
>>
>>340694723
If you like the game you're gonna want to play it twice, especially IZJS so you can use different jobs. Use TZA as a fresher second playthrough.
>>
>>340694741
So again, you want to make everyone do everything.
>>
>>340694827
Considering it took just a few months between Type 0's release on PS4 and its PC release, I doubt it'll be that long.
>>
>>340693513

i need the template of this
>>
>>340694752
I can see peoples complaints but I've enjoyed it thoroughly.
>>
>>340694752
>one judge is pink
>it's not the girl
>>
File: 1465604754232s.jpg (3 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1465604754232s.jpg
3 KB, 125x124
>>340694752
tfw I didn't play ff12 but it was set in ivalice so I never even knew the judges were there
>>
>>340691914
I tried to play this twice on emulator and lost both runs due to game breaking bugs. Hopefully this time I can actually finish it.
>>
>>340694767
>so unless you are a turbo autist you are sticking with three characters the whole game.

Personally I just swapped two people out every so often in the story when I played IZSJ. I kept Ashe in the party like 90% of the time because waifu. Either fran or balthier for healing, either penelo or basch for fliers and Vaan just came in sometimes because I made him a monk and he would have to swap with ashe as the melee and fuck that
>>
File: final fantasy chart favorites.jpg (3 MB, 6022x5421) Image search: [Google]
final fantasy chart favorites.jpg
3 MB, 6022x5421
>>340695031
Here you go

In a few more months I'm going to edit it to include XV, Type 0 Online, split XIV into it and ARR, and add the Chocobo Dungeon games. Just waiting for a new FF to release.
>>
>>340692727
you literally went through the thought process of someone who has no self control and needs to buy the new shiny thing because it's in that franchise.

>i hate everything about this
>but they're making it look pretty so I'm excited

seek help
>>
>>340694752
The judges don't even make notable appearances.
>>
>>340695082
You do realize pink was a color of royalty or high class as well right? Just like purple?
>>
>>340695013
Not at all and the IZJS classes aren't even very unique, you'll end up doing almost everything anyway unless you pick useless classes.

Why do you defend a shitty system?

>>340694767
Most of the classes share skills, it's not like you see new things trying out them all. Some classes are completely useless too.
>>
File: 1244187327462.jpg (9 KB, 251x235) Image search: [Google]
1244187327462.jpg
9 KB, 251x235
Balthier/Penelo/Fran best team.
>>
>>340695470
Explain your reasoning.
>>
Yea IZJS doesn't work too well. I think the idea behind it was to make you rotate out members, but you can still just plow through the game with only 3. Also doesn't help leveling is still tedious until the late game.
>>
>>340695470
Ashe/Penelo/Fran for hot ass action

Also why isnt there more penelo lewds?
>>
>>340695714
>leveling is tedious

Are you grinding? Don't do that.
>>
>>340695284
I feel like the sequels should be taken out of the "mainline" section. And XIV should be replaced with ARR, with 1.0 getting its own slot elsewhere.
>>
>PS4 exclusive
You gotta be fucking kidding me.
>>
>>340695318
Lol What? Have you played the game for more than 2 hours?
>>
SO SHOULD I WAIT FOR A PS4.5 OR WHAT
>>
File: ashe_hotpants.jpg (26 KB, 592x871) Image search: [Google]
ashe_hotpants.jpg
26 KB, 592x871
>>340695770
Because Penelo was annoying? Though fuck were the asses great in that game. Goddammit.
>>
>>340695470
>>340695770
My first team was Vaan/Basch/Penelo.

Vaan for best stats.
Basch for cool.
Penelo for giving her a gun and giggling because she looked dumb.

Every game since has been Basch/Balthier/Ashe, for maximum swag. Fuck Fran. Shit stats and I'm not an ass man. Love the accent though.
>>
>>340692446
I've heard nothing but bad things about how it limits you and most of the classes are shit. They honestly better give you the option to choose either a job or the normal license board because that's honestly a dealbreaker for me.
>>
File: You do this.jpg (9 KB, 112x213) Image search: [Google]
You do this.jpg
9 KB, 112x213
>>340695770
>>340695470
>>
>>340696024
Yes.

>they talk in cutscenes unrelated to your characters
>they're random boss fights
>that's it
Basch's brother doesn't count because he's a brother not a judge.
>>
I was hoping, unrealistically, for wearable armors, so I could stop looking at the stupid default outfits. Ashe's pink miniskirt, Vaan's minivest with painted abs, Balthier's heels, Basch's everything.
>>
>>340695851
I was actually thinking the opposite; that I should put IV: The After Years next to IV up at the top. You don't consider the direct sequels to be part of mainline? Hell, Revenant Wings was originally supposed to be the next mainline game and I think it was planned to be titled XIII at one point in time.
>>
I haven't played XII, but aren't the summons in this game references to previous FF villains or something? I thought I saw some image floating around about it.
>>
>>340696357
But he is a judge, it's just that he's got plot relevance beyond being a henchman of the evil empire. That will eventually crumble so badly and a war so bad happens that all the mystical creatures except feral monsters will remain.
>>
>>340696274
>I've heard nothing but bad things about how it limits you and most of the classes are shit

You're getting 2nd hand information from people biased against the system. I love the job system because I don't like having 6 carbon copies with the only difference being their base stats.

Also with the smaller license boards for jobs you're done with LP about 80% of the way through the story even if you don't grind so you don't have to worry about that anymore. Or you could use the LP -> gil accessories or something
>>
>>340693738
They've said the soundtrack is getting re-recorded from what I know but have they actually said anything about any other part of the sound? Was it just shitty compression or something that caused the awful sound quality on the voice acting?
>>
How come almost nobody is questioning if this is coming out for PC (I'm pretty sure it won't)? Do most ff12 fans already own a ps4 or something?
>>
>>340696627
I'm not questioning it because I'm pretty sure it WILL. Every main FF game from III to Lightning Returns plus Type-0 are on PC now.
>>
>>340696390
>You don't consider the direct sequels to be part of mainline?
Not really. Each singular numbered FF stands on its own, it's a new universe, new cast of characters, a new beginning, while the sequels are basically high level side content. That roman numeral means a lot I think, which is why XV is more important as XV than Versus XIII. X-2, LR and the like aren't quite Tactics or CC level of spinoff, but they're inbetween those and mainline.
>>
>>340696515
The other judges then.

They make no notable appearances because the game was unfinished. What a waste of cool art.
>>
>>340695470
Fran is statistically the weakest character. For some reason her overall stats just end up lower than everyone else.

Any role you can think of, specialized or hybrid, can be done better by another character.

Granted this hardly matters, specially if you go full autist with min/maxing.
>>
>>340692727
>I hate how the story is literally a beat-for-beat recreation of Star Wars A New Hope
It stops being that basically as soon as you leave the Leviathan and the entire Leviathan dungeon is pretty much the only good Star Wars tribute ever right down to the John Williams-esque song.
>>
>>340696274
And back in the day you would have heard nothing but good things. It's only recently I've started to see backlash, perhaps with mounting rumors of the remaster.
>>
>>340696625
The website mentions uncompressed audio in general so we're assuming that includes VA.

>>340696627
It's not even a question about if it will be on PC, just when. That said I'll probably get it for ps4 since I do have one and just pirate it for pc later if I want to replay.
>>
How could they not make this for Vita?! It'd be amazing to be able to play 12 on the go.
>>
>>340696727
I very highly doubt it. Or rather, I believe it could come out for PC, but only 2-5 years later, like the games you mentioned. That's not worth it. Just emulate the old one.
>>
>>340696948
>That said I'll probably get it for ps4 since I do have one and just pirate it for pc later if I want to replay.
Stop this cancerous practice. Support the better platform, it's simple logic. The PC version of X HD is so much better than the PS4 one, 12 will be more-so.
>>
>>340691914
Same here. Hope it comes to PC. Hope they rerelease the strat guide like the did with x/x2
>>
>>340696627
Considering
>III
>IV
>V
>VI
>VII
>VIII
>IX
>X
>X-2
>XI
>XIII
>XIII-2
>Lightning Returns
>Type 0 HD
Are all on PC I see no reason to expect this to not come to PC. Even though its not announced, it probably will be a few months after release. I actually think XII is more popular with PC players than most FF games; its one of the more Westernized FFs and plays somewhat similarly to MMOs, which, while on consoles as well, are primarily a PC genre. Plus it emulates extremely well on PCSX2. Better than most games.
>>
>>340697056
They've been coming to PC at an increasingly faster rate, so I doubt it'll be that long. There's more reasons to think it will than think it will not at this point.
>>
>>340696948
I will actually wait to get it on PS4 because I prefer playing in my plushy chair away from my TV as opposed to on my computer chair near my monitor. Apparently comfort is a sin.
>>
>>340697169
A few months? Nah, probably a "few" years, like all the games you've listed.
>>
>>340697416
>like all the games you've listed
I'm not sure I follow. Lightning Returns came to PC 1 year after its PS4 release. Type 0 HD came to PC within months of its PS4 release.The speed of releases is much faster than its ever been; I see no reason for it to be a few years. It may be a thing, but I doubt it. There's no precedent to believe that it'll take that long anymore.
>>
>>340697416
the PC version of FFX/X-2 HD came out only a year after the PS4 version, which it has the same features as so we know it's not based on the PS3 release.
>>
>>340697743
*1 year after its PS3 release
Meant to say that.My bad. Lightning Returns isn't on PS4. yet
>>
>>340697404
i prefer playing in my plush comfy chair away from my 4K tv. I just use my PC to do it since consoles cannot into 4K and im not too pants on head retarded to figure out how you can pc game on a couch just like you can a console
>>
>>340696090
I mean this in a non-waifu way but Ashe is probably my favorite FF main heroine and probably one of my favorite FF characters in general. Being a cunt obsessed with revenge and killing her enemies who doesn't have some kind of overly bullshit "but really she has a heart of gold and is so feminine" moments while you still know she's a good person overall makes her stand out a lot.
>>
>>340695284
can you just add saga and secret of mana while you're at it
they're basically in there already
live a live too
>>
I don't understand how people can say the zodiac job board is better.
You're either going to end up with useless characters or not bother with like half the jobs.
>>
>>340698070
but she is shallow as fuck and without any personality.

>noble born raised into a killer

wow so good.
>>
>>340698220
because in the original you were forced to grind all your characters into plate wearing, fully specced out white mages with ultima in order to beat the game?

Original board and balance was shit.
>>
>>340698068
For a very long time I played with an HDMI cable hooked from my PC to my TV, but the input lag eventually got to me.
>>
>>340698348
Which made the game fun because you could set goals, and no you weren't forced to do that.

IZJS has zero variety and most of your characters will just suck dicks. And you'll max out all the jobs early into the game, making whatever follow feel like a waste of your time.
>>
>>340698193
No. The farther I branch away from FF the more it'll just turn into a generic list of JRPGs by Square. I want to keep the non-FF titles to a minimum and only include them on the right if they have some major relationship with the FF series. I just didn't know how to handle games like Final Fantasy Legend and Final Fantasy Adventure. And since those were added, I didn't want a big blank space.
Though you can edit it in yourself if you REALLY want to.
>>
>>340697018
So that they don't have to hold it back
>>
File: sigheka.jpg (20 KB, 286x177) Image search: [Google]
sigheka.jpg
20 KB, 286x177
>>340698537
>>340698220
>heard Balthier made the best white mage
>mfw I actually tried
Was I trolled? I ended up giving him Embroidered Tippet AND Golden Amulet for dozens of hours just to make him playable.
>>
>>340698330
>noble born raised into a killer
What? She was a typical happy princess until the empire conquered her kingdom and killed her husband, at which point she spends a lot of the game obsessed with vengeance. She's pretty much a less violent/sexual Lady Snowblood which, for an FF/JRPG main heroine, makes her pretty goddamn unique.
>>
>>340698537
when all your characters end up with identical specs and every top end ability in the game there is no variety, which is exactly what vanilla FFXII made you do.
>>
>>340698810
Enjoy your useless character.
>>
>>340698854
The problem I had was there was no indication they knew each other for very long, so her husband dying so early in the conflict just felt retarded with her being hellbent on revenge, mostly for him.
>>
>>340698882
It takes longer to do that than it takes to beat the game. Good thing the title has a rich amount of end-game content for you huh.

End-game content that you don't care about doing in the IZJS version because you've been locked down for dozens of hours already into classes you probably don't like.
>>
>>340698220
>You're either going to end up with useless characters

I doubt that

>or not bother with like half the jobs.

Well you can only pick half of them per playthrough anyway. I doubt anyone would be wanting to jump back in immediately for the other 6

>>340698810
Balthier's fine as a white mage. Anyone can do any job just fine. Some characters have higher natural stats that will make them stand out more for a particular job but you're going to cap out on the relevant stat anyway because of gear no matter how shit they are at said stat. Even Fran can be at 99 in whatever job you pick for her, and she's got the lowest stats for about everything.
>>
>>340698810
Trolled since Penelo and Ashe have the best magic stats/MP growth although Ashe also has pretty high strength compared to Penelo so Penelo's more suited for the mage role.
>>
>>340699154
>I doubt that
You literally haven't even played it so shut the fuck up.
>>
>>340699350
Git gud
>>
>>340699350
>You literally haven't even played it

Pot, kettle, etc. Shitpost elsewhere senpai
>>
Still don't have a PS4 so not sure when I'll ever get around to this but I was thinking of trying this setup.
>Vaan as Hunter
>Penelo as White Mage
>Balthier as Mechanist
>Fran as Red Mage
>Basch as Breaker
>Ashe as Knight
These seem fitting enough, any problems I'll face?
>>
>>340699484
Why would you say you doubt it then? You guaranteed have a shitty character and most people will as well. Especially if they try to do the lore route and give Balthier a gun.
>>
>>340694327
>Turn off gambits then
Then you're stuck micro-managing three characters in garbage MMO combat where you can be hit by melee attacks from feet away.

There is literally no good way to approach 12's battle system. You either automate nothing and slog through what's effectively an MMORPG with no MMO, automate some things and still have to slog through an MMORPG with no MMO, or you automate everything so you can set the controller down and go play something that isn't a waste of time.
>>
>>340699628
Because my party was fine. My least used character was probably Vaan and that's just because I used Ashe for melee and him for stealing and then swapped him out for someone else. He was still useful for clutch heals later on since Monk gets good stuff

I'm sorry you're autistic and care about character animations or whatever it is that makes balthier do slightly less dps with guns but I don't give a shit about that. My guys hit things, they die. It works
>>
>>340692251
Final Fantasy 8 didn't get a remaster
>>
File: gsdx_20160609125913.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gsdx_20160609125913.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Decided to play through IZJS again a couple days ago and breaking the game so early is pretty fun.

Gotta love OHKOing every boss I come across. Everyone in my party is doing about 400 magic damage, whereas Basch fires his invisible bow and does 8000+
>>
>>340699909
How?
>>
FINAL FANTASY IS SAVED
>>
>>340699909
>getting that on emulator

I applaud your tism.
>>
>>340699606
You're probably only going to end up using three characters, so make sure those have synergy (as in, make sure at least one of them can magic heal well, so RM/WM). There are differences in stats but they're minimal enough that you will only have a slightly harder time if you give, say, Breaker to Penelo. So basically pick who you think looks cool and give them whatever classes you like that vaguely fit their stats and suits your party composition.
>>
>>340698882
I have no problem when this happens, if it's after an end game grind.

Most of the game, characters are going to stay fairly unique in their skills. Then at the end you can use your favorite characters, or ones that you think fit that bit of story, without them being utterly useless at that point because their class doesn't fit well with that particular fight.
>>
>>340692094
I thought 8 and x-2 were the worst?
>>
>>340699983
Just get that pic related weapon from any airship. It's a 1/100 chance to spawn and invisible, and if it spawns it has a 1% chance to be the Seitengrat
>>340700013
It only takes about 45 minutes on emulator with save states. Once you find a chest, quicksave and let a few seconds pass between each attempt.

It works well since its the only (or one of) that changes RNG over time rather than moving areas.
>>
>>340700130
>X-2
>Bad
>>
>>340699606
Mechanist is worthless especially for Balthier.

>>340699884
Sure, but it's less fun than the original system. You can't argue that.
>>
>>340700248
one of the only chests*
>>
>>340700248
I tried for a little bit but I never had a chest spawn so I gave up.

>>340700313
>but it's less fun than the original system. You can't argue that.

I had far more fun with IZJS than I did with vanilla so I don't know what to say to you. Who knew something was subjective and that people like things you don't. Damn
>>
>>340700021
>Breaker to Penelo
>she's weak as fuck for the entire game
>>
>>340700264
That leveling system was shit compared to the original, combat was also not as good.

Story was shit too thx, only real improvement was no TEEDUS
>>
>>340698810
>>340699270
The thing about the "best" white mage is that anyone can do the healing part fine, especially since everyone maxes magic with mystic armor eventually.

Balthier is picked because other people have better stats and he has steal innately.

People also like his staff attack animation.

Vaan is technically the best white mage, but it is kind of a waste to pick him for that role.
>>
>>340700387
>I had far more fun with IZJS than I did with vanilla so I don't know what to say to you.
That's an illogical statement, it's exactly the same shit but the IZJS has less to do during the story.
>>
I will buy it for a remastered soundtrack alone.
>>
>>340700013
>>340699983
>>340700248
Was it that hard to get?
i remember playing the patched ISO on my PS2 and not having too much problems
>>
>No Vita version
>no PC version
Do not want.
>>
>>340700716
Nice EX Luck there
>>
>>340700427
You're severely overestimating what the base stats are giving you. Also that she'll only have like 3-5 less str than someone else who is actually good at meleeing.
>>
>>340700517
>eventually
This is the problem, pretending the last 10% of the game negates the other 90%. Because most of the time, Balthier is a shit White Mage. Endgame is not good reasoning for gimping your party the majority of the journey.
>>
>>340700753
A PC version will likely happen. A Vita release is a bit more unlikely but maybe if people show enough interest Square will throw it a bone
>>
>>340700551
>but the IZJS has less to do during the story.

What?

>>340700716
If you played on ps2 itself you could do the loading ticks thing someone figured out.
>>
PLEASE LET ME PLAY THIS ON VITA PLEEEAAAASE
>>
>>340700753
I don't know why there isn't a Vita port but it will go to PC.

>>340700921
Less character customization, it's fucking boring.
>>
File: 1455722386687.jpg (33 KB, 733x545) Image search: [Google]
1455722386687.jpg
33 KB, 733x545
>mfw low HP, genji gloves, masamune, berserk, haste, bravery
>>
>>340701007
>Less character customization, it's fucking boring.

Oh you looped back to wanting to grind again.
>>
File: 2016-06-07_202147.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-07_202147.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>340700464
I disagree.

I like the dressphere system more than X's sphere grid. It allows change up rolls fairly easy. That's especially nice with only three characters.
Combat is the same if not better. Status attacks actually working on bosses is so much better than the standard hit, heal, hit, gimmick fights of X.

The story is no worse than any other standard FF story. It is effectively refreshingly positive after the constant depressive overtones of X though.

>no TEEDUS
Can't argue with you there.
>>
>>340701154
the only thing i don't prefer in FFX-2's combat is the lack of a lasting sensor, and bm/wm not getting ultima/flare/holy
>>
>>340698330
Fairly common in western works, but for a JRPG that is fairly rare for someone you play as. The fact she doesn't repent at the end is what really makes her stand apart.
>>
>>340701148
What?
>>
>>340701154
But muh Bio
>>
>>340701241
That is annoying. I wish at the black mages had a skill that showed elemental resistances/weaknesses like X did, or at the very least the ability to scan.
>>
>>340701327
I like that Ashe didn't go "muh nakama" like 90% of japanese fiction. Based matsuno
>>
>>340701445
speak english you freak
>>
>>340691914
Never played IZJS, are midgame Hunts still cryptic as fuck?
>>
>>340701638
Yes.
>>
>>340691914
Is it just me, or does the PS2 version look better when played on emulator with proper settings?
>>
>>340692727
Apparently the game will have a double-speed option, so we don't wave to slog through shit forever and a day.
>>
File: tmp_2016-1462183668769758434206.png (201 KB, 463x465) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2016-1462183668769758434206.png
201 KB, 463x465
>>340691914
>use Ivalice as setting
>could have been crazy sky pirate hijinx and smuggling adventures with Basch as the main character, Fran, Balthier, a moogle juggler, a nu mou mage, a bangaa monk, and a seeq thief
>instead the plot is a beat for beat remake of Hidden Fortress (or if you're a pleb Star Wars IV), with you playing as literally who and the cast all being boring humans and a human with bunny ears stuck on

Why even bother with Ivalice if you're not going to use any of it? I expected a lighthearted adventure after the seriousness of X, like IX after VIII. Makes no sense.
>>
>>340701838
I think it looks better too.

The difference is that they inverted the normal maps on characters(or something) and added ambient occlusion which looks janky on PS2 games.
>>
File: sadfroggb.png (2 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
sadfroggb.png
2 KB, 160x144
>>340701956
FF12 was a disaster and Ivalice is dead forever.

Post yfw.
>>
>>340701989
They are using the cutscenes models for gameplay too
>>
>>340702231
Oh.
There was barely a difference in them so I didn't even notice.

Anything else I missed?
>>
>>340701956
When the fuck has an Ivalice game been light-hearted? Final Fantasy Tactics? Vagrant Story?

You want light-hearted, try Revenant Wings - that's as close as you're gonna get.

Besides, they way they wrote XII, they NEEDED a useless blank-slate character to play the role of the player-avatar, so the characters would have to explain everything so they player understand what the fuck is going on. You'd rather the game hit major plot-points without you knowing what the fuck was going on unless you hit-up a constantly-updated in-game encyclopedia?
>>
>>340702471
FFT was light-hearted a lot of the time and there is FFTA 1 and 2.

>Besides, they way they wrote XII, they NEEDED a useless blank-slate character to play the role of the player-avatar, so the characters would have to explain everything so they player understand what the fuck is going on. You'd rather the game hit major plot-points without you knowing what the fuck was going on unless you hit-up a constantly-updated in-game encyclopedia?
Vaan was a last minute inclusion into the game. The game's story wasn't finished being written, they just shat out what we played very hastily.
>>
>>340702471
Moogle Juggler Dickery: The Games were pretty lighthearted for the most part. Yeah, there were serious stuff in them, but you weren't constantly bogged down in it like FFX.
>>
File: 87553874.jpg (124 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
87553874.jpg
124 KB, 1280x720
>>340697169
>V
>VI
Don't remind me.
>>
>>340703035
X is more lighthearted than most of the Ivalice games.
>>
The game REALLY lacked some kind of minigame besides hunts.
>>
>>340701615
As the OP I did some digging.

In short she does not become a Mary Sue. She does not get godlike powers nor does she magically learn to become a better person.

A cynic will say she stayed a bitch. Which actually makes the most sense.
>>
>>340703413
>gathering and crafting mini games

Nah.
>>
>>340703513
i would take ANYTHING in exchange of the regular "crafting"
>>
>>340703315
You're not getting my point. I get your point, most of them are serious, yes, but there was no need for this one to be. It would have been a much better game with a lighter tone and a focus on adventure, but they rushed it, copied the plot of Hidden Fortress, and pooped out an unfinished, boring, overly serious game.

Honestly the seriousness of X, XII, and XIII/2/3 is a major problem. It doesn't give the fans any time to cool down from the seriousness with comfy or fun lighthearted stuff. XV looks to be the same, but apparently XVI is going to be more lighthearted and like classic FF games, so there's that.
>>
>>340703513
Those aren't mini or games.
>>
>>340700831
That's because the endgame content is the defintely the most difficult content, where class choice starts to (somewhat) matter.

Unless you're tackling some of the more difficult hunts as soon as possible, he heals and he steals good enough for required content. If you need more healing, put someone on potion duty. If you need even more healing, have a reserve red mage and just move their equipment over.

Balthier is only ever a white mage in 6 person set-ups (or the person likes them as a white mage for appearence reasons), so you should have more healing in the reverse team anyway if you need it.
>>
BEST CLASSES COMING THROUGH

Vaan - Uhlan
Penelo - White Mage
Balthier - Hunter
Fran - Red Mage
Basch - Monk
Ashe - Samurai
>>
>>340703781
I'm not that other guy. I get you but I don't understand why you brought up X at all. X is very lighthearted.

> but apparently XVI is going to be more lighthearted and like classic FF games, so there's that.
What?
>>
>>340703861
Penelo as anything but black mage is fucking stupid and literally all of your other classes have absolutely terrible looking animations for all of those weapons except Balthier, but he'll be weak as fuck.
>>
>>340704047
X wasn't lighthearted at all. It was super depressing. The entire religion is a lie, summoners were sacrificing themselves just to delay the inevitable, Yuna's ready to kill herself most of the game, and as soon as Yuna's not willing to kill herself anymore, Tidus is cool with dying, then dies along with Auron, and is gone for good unless you 100% X-2.

As for the XVI thing, it's just some rumor that's been kicking around in FF threads for a while now.
>>
File: hahahahahahaha.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hahahahahahaha.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1080
>>340704502
All of that is offset by a blissfully ignorant main character who brings out the best of everyone else. And the music, and the vast majority of the NPCs, and blitzball.
>>
File: wha.jpg (15 KB, 233x143) Image search: [Google]
wha.jpg
15 KB, 233x143
>>340702678
>FFT was light-hearted a lot of the time

That is extremely wrong.
>>
>>340704164
Black mage is probably my favorite class for getting through the main story with.

Especially if you have a red mage.
>>
>>340691914
is it the same chinese dev that did FFX HD? Will they fuck up the faces again?
>>
were they going to announce this earlier but decided not to be because the composer at that FF concert sperged out?
>>
>>340704749
Come on now, when you're going through it all that's true, but as soon as you realize (and especially after Tidus realizes) the truth of what's going to happen at Zanarkand, all that happiness is turned on its head. Which is intentional. Blitzball is the worst minigame ever created and adds a shitton more seriousness to the game because hunting those reels leeches happiness out of you.

Soundtrack doesn't enter into it, all FF games have upbeat and downbeat tracks.
>>
>>340704749
>>340705264
I forgot the NPCs, because most of them fucking die, or have loved ones die, which they tell you about.
>>
>>340704981
No it isn't.

>>340705264
>Blitzball is the worst minigame ever created
Opinions completely discarded.
>>
File: ff4.jpg (153 KB, 1120x538) Image search: [Google]
ff4.jpg
153 KB, 1120x538
How would you feel about a full-on remake of FF4?
>>
>>340705461
>No it isn't.

When is it lighthearted outside of the very first mission after the intro?
>>
>>340705548
Not him, just devil's advocate:

The option characters and encounters like Robot and Cloud are fairly silly.

Aside from that I can't see how FFT isn't serious, other than the in-game mapping. How many FF games had human blood in them?
>>
>>340699798
All that really means is that you dislike most JRPG combat.

Mashing confirm for other FF's isn't exactly the most involved either.

The story definitely falls off halfway, but that is indepedent of the battle system.
>>
>>340698654
They redid X/X-2 similarly. Vita could handle an HD 12.
>>
>>340705548
>>340705809
Most of the dialog in the PSP version at least reeks of humor.

Don't confuse the serious setting for serious writing.
>>
>>340705890
>Mashing confirm for other FF's isn't exactly the most involved either.
At least you had to think and aim. FF12 is completely automated, you only have to move around.

>>340705981
X HD probably bombed on the Vita.
>>
File: FFX 2016-05-17 20-00-52-36.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FFX 2016-05-17 20-00-52-36.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>340705981
>They redid X/X-2 similarly

Hah
>>
>>340705461
>liking blitzball

Yeah, same to you, fucktard.
>>
File: 1434157505973.png (167 KB, 330x291) Image search: [Google]
1434157505973.png
167 KB, 330x291
>>340701154
>constant depressive overtones of X though.
>LADY YUNA ARE YOU GOING TO BRING US THE CALMCOMMIT RITUAL SUICIDE SOON?
All the dialogue gains an entirely different meaning.
>>
File: pcsx2 2016-06-08 00-24-44-77.jpg (340 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2016-06-08 00-24-44-77.jpg
340 KB, 1920x1080
>>340706123
tfw we had the same idea.
>>
>>340706175
Not just ritual suicide, but pointless ritual suicide because the Calm just depends on when Yu Yevon wants to shit all over Spira again and especially the faggots at Bevelle for destroying his peaceful home with war and them using machina.
>>
Any added features?
>>
>Just checked the FF Wiki
>It's real

INSTANT BUY
>>
I'd only be interested if they fix

>Threat system being non existent, forced to use decoy
>Characters fidget around in battle moving into AOEs
>No teamwork or ability usage like FFXI, the system it tried to copy
>The mess of an OST

All of this would be doable with just a little work.
>>
>>340706113
Aim? You don't aim if you set the cursor to memory.

This is the argument though: FF12 can be optionally completely automated because pressing confirm isn't the most interesting.
But if you like pressing confirm, you can do that too. You even have varying degrees of having to press confirm compared to other FF's. If you have some sort of elemental mage, you even get Persona combat where you match the symbol and the enemy if you do that yourself (which is handy before maxing gambit slots).

Though if you're talking about difficulty, especially on IZJS, then yeah, the game is pretty easy where if it had a different system, but the difficulty was the same, all you would have to do is press confirm.

Optional content is different though.
If you have one unchanging gambit setup that works for the entirety of trial mode, you're smarter than I am.
>>
>>340707126
>The mess of an OST
3rd best soundtrack in the franchise, including spinoffs.
>>
File: 1421833260154.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1421833260154.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>340702215
>>340701956

>They could have used FF12 as a flagship title for a new Ivalice series of games
>Instead it's rushed and incomplete, despite being an extremely different game set in a pre-existing lore universe it's forced into being FF#12.
>>
>>340706748
PFFFF
You expect us to sell you something you haven't already played? Are you MAD?!
>>
Requesting the Star Wars character comparison picture
>>
>>340707307

3rd best PS2 FF OST maybe, it's just a mangled mess of noise and instruments with no direction.
>>
>>340695470

>he doesn't level two teams of three evenly, switching out teams every time they gain a level

It's autistic, but all my characters stay the same level.
>>
>>340692446
Oh, I didn't realize IZJS fixed the plot and characters.
>>
>>340701956
>Basch as the main character, Fran, Balthier, a moogle juggler, a nu mou mage, a bangaa monk, and a seeq thief
1: what the fuck is Basch suppose to fuck?
2: It's Final Fantasy, not a tabletop. Those races didn't even fucking exist in the original Ivalice game, and they were tossed in haphazardly by a fucking GBA game.
3. If it weren't for FFXII, said races wouldn't have any depth at all.
>>
>>340707657
>it's just a mangled mess of noise and instruments with no direction.
And its still much better than what most of the other games have put out.
>>
>>340707657
It's called an "orchestra," you daft dillweed. There's nothing "directionless" or "mangled" about this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWgc1pSMCMw
>>
>>340707307
>>340707894
Not him but I also don't have any love for that composer.
The music is perfectly serviceable but holy shit there's like 3 memorable songs across FF12 and Odin Sphere.
>>
>>340691914
>IZJS
What?
>>
>>340698882
But it's okay when FFX does it
>>
>>340708183
International Zodiac Job System
>>
>>340707849
Probably meant to add Ashe in there. Though, a moogle is fine, too.
>>
>>340708062

>High tempo loud as fuck music used as background themes

Another great example of how bad the OST was, hell in some cases they used straight up battle themes as the normal BGM and that completely ruined the settings.

What makes a JRPG OST great is that each piece doesn't just sound wonderful but it fits the situation in which it's used, characters have themes that fit their personality, cutscenes have emotional music, battles have themes that pump you up, and locations have themes that fit their design. FF12's music doesn't fit anywhere, they just made music and threw it in without much thought for how it fit the situation or location.
>>
>>340705510
YES
>>
File: 3457364.jpg (389 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
3457364.jpg
389 KB, 1284x980
>>340708106
>3 memorable songs
I respectfully disagree. To prove you even more wrong, I'm not using any battle theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mY4qYnul3I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBipig6ca9U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r03Agbln-Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYxVnfElbE0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGYjQn4pBaM
>>
File: 3453456.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
3453456.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>340708509
Let me guess, you prefer nobuo 'linear melody' uematsu.
>>
>>340708554
>no Theme of the Empire
>no Destiny

step it up nigga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7EHWtZPsCw
>>
>>340708509
>FF12's music doesn't fit anywhere
Bullshit. It's one of the few games in the franchise that actually makes an attempt at doing that WHILE instilling a sense of adventure.

Shit most of the FFs don't have a single song that matches Salikawood and the mystique it conveys.
>>
>>340708746
Theme of the empire plays during some imperial fight iirc. Destiny is also great.
Fool of a pirate.
>>
File: confused.jpg (63 KB, 422x358) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
63 KB, 422x358
>>340707657
>it's just a mangled mess of noise and instruments with no direction.
>>
>>340708691

Uematsu does a better job at it yes but there are far more composers at SE that put out better content than the FF12 OST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQOGYoVieVk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-C-_pdzp5A

The composers for 11 put together a masterpiece, what they did pretty much wrote the textbook on how to match your music with the game. Considering how much gameplay wise 12 tried to borrow from 11 it's a shame they didn't also try to copy the OST if they weren't going to go full FFT mode with it.
>>
>>340694767
>a three man party

When was the last time an RPG didn't just stick you with three people?
>>
File: furfag.jpg (25 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
furfag.jpg
25 KB, 360x480
>>340708428
The idea of Basch trying to figure out how to handle the advances of a flirty moogle girl actually sounds pretty fucking brilliant.
>Ey big boy~ wanna tussle my pom-pom?
>I AM A KNIGHT OF HONOR AND I MUST BE EXCUSED PRESENTLY RIGHT NOW M'LADY
>>
File: 1361398322220.png (22 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1361398322220.png
22 KB, 510x546
>>340709096
>uematsu does a better job at it
The only thing uematsu can do is make a catchy melody, there's no atmosphere to any of his work.

>implying 12 didn't match music with scenes
Certain pieces in 12's OST carried motifs and emotional references to other parts of the game. If a track was repeated, it was to be a continuation or addition to a prior encounter. Most are hinted at in the track titles, such as 'The Princess' Vision', 'Destiny', 'Seeking Power' and 'Coexistence'.
Of course, all you'd get from uematsu soundtracks are nice sounding beeps and boops.
>>
>>340709262
>without benched EXP
The important part. Mainly comparing to Tales here.
>>
If i had to say something possitive about 12, is that it was the only FF that forced me to use buffs. They were crazy good
>>
Where the fuck's my 3ds Ivalice game?
>>
>>340709626

Clearly you're just too sophisticated to enjoy quality soundtracks, maybe this is where you post that giant wall of text image that tries really hard to headcanon FF12's story into being good. As the other anon stated there are maybe 2-3 memorable pieces in FF12, if you want to argue that they are high quality tracks then by all means go ahead but that isn't going to change the fact that they just didn't work as part of a JRPG OST.

I'd take the "beeps and boops" of something like the Lufia 2 OST over the FF12 OST any day of the week, that's some passion I can really feel.
>>
File: 424452642.jpg (10 KB, 192x256) Image search: [Google]
424452642.jpg
10 KB, 192x256
>>340710013
>wanting tactics A3
>wanting revenant wings 2
>>
>>340709626
>The Princess, Destiny, Coexistence
I really hate how no one on Youtube knows the official names of these songs. The soundtrack is on fucking itunes. Its not hard to look them up and give them proper names.
>>
File: 679467456.jpg (113 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
679467456.jpg
113 KB, 1152x864
>>340710412
>the tracks I enjoy are the pinnacle of music for gentlemen with sophisticated taste, such as myself
Are you one of those people who compare vidya music to mainstream music in conversation? I'm getting that vibe.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 269x269) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 269x269
>>340710429
>mfw Tactics A2 was better than FFXIII, XIII-2, XIII-3, XIV and most likely XV

Square Enix is dead. If you buy this garbage you're supporting Japanese EA.
>>
>>340708509
Its music fits perfectly with its setting
The fuck are you on?
>>
>>340710412
>As the other anon stated there are maybe 2-3 memorable pieces in FF12
Was a lie then, is still a lie now.
>>
File: 1456618886901.png (246 KB, 568x436) Image search: [Google]
1456618886901.png
246 KB, 568x436
>>340710429
>Revenant Wings
>bad
>>
>>340710429
>not wanting A3

A2 was pretty good man
>>
File: final-fantasy-xii.jpg (68 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
final-fantasy-xii.jpg
68 KB, 640x400
>>340695770

Ashe was so cute and mousey looking before they redesigned her.
>>
File: 3745457.png (568 KB, 929x700) Image search: [Google]
3745457.png
568 KB, 929x700
>>340710879
Please tell me you're trolling. I'd welcome it.
>>
File: just kill me.webm (245 KB, 1418x1022) Image search: [Google]
just kill me.webm
245 KB, 1418x1022
>>340710760
>>340710429
yfw this will never be released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YzdzYbEWOg
>>
The gameplay of 12 was alright, albeit I never dabbled in IZJS, but goddamn was the world and story some of the blandest fucking shit. Who's bright idea was it to aladdin it up and have a bulk of the beginning game be in desert and wastes, coliseums, sewers and tunnels?
>>
Hope the game comes with gil and exp trainers.
>>
File: revenant wings.jpg (146 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
revenant wings.jpg
146 KB, 768x1024
>>340711110
I'm not. It was a welcome addition to Ivalice, adding even more lore to an already lore-ridden world. It took Vaan and made him a hero with a personality, rather than having him as just a lowly side character in XII. The struggles of the Aegyl were legitimately interesting. Seeing Lluyd grow and understand sky pirates better and decide to confront his own god in an attempt to gain back the emotions he so desired was cool. The story was strong. The gameplay was a quality RTS. Having Bgamnan as a party member briefly was fucking awesome.
>>340711232
The worldbuilding is the best part of XII. You're not looking deep enough.
>>
>>340710760
Meh, XV looks a lot comfier than any game since... fuck, I can't even remember. IX? Been so long since we've had lots of comfy. But four bros on a road trip, chilling, camping and shooting the shit, playing arcade games, fishing, racing chocobos, etc, I'm mildly hyped for the first time since XIII was announced.
>>
>>340711118
Honestly as much as I want another Ivalice game, Fortress looked like shit.
>>
>>340711409
Hey everyone look.

The SINGLE delusional XII drone.
>>
File: 3.jpg (397 KB, 1680x944) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
397 KB, 1680x944
>>340710727
Is that who you are? The content of your posts suggest you view yourself as a high society individual who is above "video game music" and looks down upon anything that isn't fully orchestrated. You also hate Uematsu for some unknown reason, possibly to seem cool and edgy.

>>340710830
Eh, I played 9 and 12 back to back a few years ago, both for the first time, and I can honestly only remember one song from 12. Right now I could probably hum about 8-10 different tunes from 9 off the top of my head. The whole OST of 12 left me feeling that it didn't have a strong direction, the music was either too bland, too loud and obnoxious, or just jumped around way too much.
>>
>>340694943
buddy after yiazmat i don't really feel like playing izjs for another 10 years
>>
>>340695031
how fucking useless does someone have to be for them to not be able to draw a few white boxes in paint?
>>
File: rw9.jpg (144 KB, 800x565) Image search: [Google]
rw9.jpg
144 KB, 800x565
>>340711590
So are you going to explain to me how Revenant Wings is bad or not?
>>
>>340711232

This really killed my enjoyment of the game, everything felt so distant.

>Hey guys there is this HUGE political storyline going down
>Oh yeah you're going to be running through random jungles, deserts, and tunnels while the story goes down elsewhere
>Here you go, you'll get quick 2 minute clips of important characters having some conversations now and then
>>
>>340711759
>actually bothering with Yiazmat
Playing the main quest plus most of the hunts is a fun romp, just don't do any autismo superboss shit.
>>
>>340711758
That's why I said I think it's perfectly serviceable. It fits the games locales and themes but it's also an orchestrated movie soundtrack meant for atmosphere and not catchyness.
It just so happens that I don't care for soundtracks like that and it's not like it's only exclusive to XII when Odin Sphere and Dragon Crown's soundtracks have the same kind of soundtracks.
>>
>>340711232
>world
>bad
It's the best part of the game, and the one thing it definitively does better than every FF, as well as most other games.
>>
>>340711997
ordinarily i'd try to defend myself but you're absolutely right. to anyone reading, yiazmat ain't worth it
>>
>>340711409
>made vaan a hero with personality, instead of a side character
He was never meant to be a hero, he's the sidekick streetrat. In 12, he acts as Ashe's poor counterpart, both having lost a loved one to war and facing a moral dilemma between wanting peace or revenge. The climax of his character was when Ashe turns to him at the peak of the pharos to help her realise that the dead wouldn't seek revenge. Vaan was never a charismatic leader, and I'm still fucking mad that they forced penelo into a love interest for him after they grew up together without a problem.
>the aegyl
Shoe-in. The game was directed by toriyama, who's famous for making plot points appear out of thin air. There was no trace of the Aegyl in XII, not from records or Occuria.
>quality rts
It was entry level, at best. Slow as fuck, incredibly linear, not much variation.
Toriyama drove Ivalice into the ground so that he could build his own world from the wreckage.
>>
>>340711758
>The whole OST of 12 left me feeling that it didn't have a strong direction
I honestly believe you have no idea what a musical direction is though you claim you do.
>>
File: 1465111197231.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1465111197231.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>340694327
>not enjoying the grind

That was always my fav part.
>>
>>340712386
You should check out The Last Remnant then, great grinding
>>
File: 1449622259641.gif (996 KB, 290x231) Image search: [Google]
1449622259641.gif
996 KB, 290x231
>>340712386
agreed my man, FFXII has some exceptional grinding
>>
I might get this. Loved and played the fuck.out of 7,8,9,10 but 12 is the first Final Fantasy game I never finished, got stuck on a boss and have up, then never even bothered playing 13.
>>
>>340710429
A2 was pretty good though. Why wouldn't I want A3?

Or better yet, since SE got a lot of the TO people, imagine a proper FFT2.
>>
File: rw3.jpg (388 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
rw3.jpg
388 KB, 750x600
>>340712292
>Vaan
Yes, I know that his purpose was as Ashe's foil. But Vaan grew from that lowly streetrat to being an integral part of the story and events that unfolded in XII. He was not the main character or the "leading man", but that was the whole point. He grew, and by the end of XII Balthier gave him hints of where he'd be should Vaan wish to travel with him. Revenant Wings allowed Vaan to grow further into a main character himself. It was always his dream of being a sky pirate, and Revenant Wings was his chance to finally do that. Several times throughout Revenant Wings Balthier distants himself from Vaan and tells Vaan that its time that he play the leading role, a reference to Vaan's growth as a character and a push for him to gain relevance. In XII, Vaan was a side character yes, but you only described his role in reference to XII, not how him being a main character is a bad thing. It was a good thing in the sense that the character the player controls and sees the world through now plays an even more direct role in the plot.
>Aegyl were shoehorned in
Well, yes, in the sense that they weren't referenced previously. However their existence did not interfere with the world whatsoever and was fit into the world well. Sky continents already existed within Ivalice, and Mist was already shown to play a strong role in XII and also shown to have an effect on its environment where its strong. It made sense that an undiscovered civilization existed hidden by Mist in great sky continents. The reference to the SunCrysts destruction (or whatever it was called) helped explain why they'd suddenly appear now. It wound up fitting into the world well and only added to it rather than damaging it. The addition did not harm Ivalice.
>slow as fuck, incredibly linear, not much variation
I'd argue the level design played a strong role in how one would move their units and which units one would move across the battlefield.
You didn't even mention the story.
>>
I've always loved the fuck out of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm7qlHvAU6o

It's so dreadfully depressing. It fits the overall depressing air that constantly hangs over the game.

This one is really great too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmgpSGjKSpQ

It really gets that majestic empire feel down pretty good.

Infact I'd say all the songs in the credits are damn good in their own way. Even the little CGs in it are endearing and wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOoyawxVDJM

>>340711924
>Here you go, you'll get quick 2 minute clips of important characters having some conversations now and then

Well that's just it though, most of what happens in the story is political turmoil and disasters while the party goes adventuring in the background doing what essentially equates to "fuck all" to everyone but the Occuria. As is the way the they like to work, people die, men are made kings over stones, and no common man knew the wiser as to how or why it even happened. Hell Vayne doesn't even actually know who the hell the party even are until the ending of the game when he confronts them on his ship.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.