[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some of you play this game. I know you fuckers are out there.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6
Some of you play this game. I know you fuckers are out there.

Are you hyped for Rise of Iron?
>>
File: 1423786889750.gif (89 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1423786889750.gif
89 KB, 600x450
>>340690759
>giving everyone a gajallhorn as a quest reward
>>
>hyped for gjallarhorn
i dont get it
even if its the best rocket launcher, why are people going fucking APE over it?
its treated like its an actual treasure or icon or something
>>
>>340690759
Not really. Whenever I play Destiny it ot keeps me occupied for a day or so, then I wish it was on PC and that PvP was enjoyable instead of being casual trash
>>
>>340691051
It shoots wolves
>>
No
I don't see myself ever going back, these expansions don't fix the core problems with the game, that being the endgame is a loot driven grindfest.
>>
>>340691232
what
>>
>>340690759
Stopped playing right before Taken King expansion around the time they decided to nerf the Gjallarhon. They undoing the nerf or something?

If not then there's no point.
>>
>>340691294
Yes
>>
>>340691260
They actually patched it so loot scales to your level so it's not that grindy now.
>>
This game is shit and everyone in this thread that supports it actively supports killing the gaming industry.
>Intentionally removes mass amounts of content from game to pawn off as DLC
>Vastly different from what was originally shown at E3, literally pulling a Might Number 9
>Despite mass uproars about the shillings they did, people continue forking over mass amounts of money for the DLC's they should of received to begin with
>Sequel next year

It's like you guys have the mindset of the people from the comment section of Kotaku.
>>
>>340691297
It wasn't nerfed so much as it didn't carry over to a year 2 exotic. Now it's a year 3 exotic so it can max out the updated light, the footage showed it functioning the same as it did.
>>
>>340691498
It's actually a pretty good game, but it IS a shameless money extractor just like you say, so you're right about that.

It's also not that different from what was originally shown.
>>
>>340690759
>Bungie finally makes the decision to leave the Gjallarhorn behind so that it's not an icon of whether or not you're worth playing with
>They replace it with swords and shit fuck all people will get
>LOL GUYS HAVE ONE FOR FREE IF YOU PREORDER
Get the fuck out of here Bungie. I loved Destiny but holy shit.
>>
Not at all. I still haven't gotten my fucking Vex DLC. I want to see the Stranger again ffs
>>
>>340691860
>get one for free

Actually no, it's just a skin. Everyone gets one from a quest. The 3 most powerful guns in the game right now are actually all quest drops.
>>
>>340691860
You get access to the black variant if you preorder but you still have to complete the quest for it which everyone will have with the expansion regardless of preorder or not.
>>
File: finnish loli.png (137 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
finnish loli.png
137 KB, 500x500
>using a gjallarhorn post-nerf

>playing destiny post-year 1

Enjoy it, I guess.
>>
>>340692078
>>340692020
Even worse. Do they still have time gated content or has literally nothing happened since the Railgun thing came out?
>>
>>340692198
Year One was the fucking worst though.

>all that RNG
>>
>>340692227
>hurr durr giving everyone a gun is worse than having people literally pay to get the best gun

Fuck off retard
>>
All my friends were too smart to fall for the Destiny meme and I'm not wading through retards in PSN to make a raiding party. If Lords of Iron doesn't have raid matchmaking I'm not buying it at all.

These niggers severely overestimate how social their game is.
>>
>>340692385
You got me there anon, I didn't think that through. I'll rephrase and say I don't like that everyone gets it for free.
>>
>>340692512
What would be the alternative?
>>
>>340692491
You'd have to wade through even more retards if it was matchmade
>>
>>340692491
Except with matchmaking you'd have to wade through even more retards.
>>
I haven't played the game since launch. I hit the cap of 20 and stopped.

Worth coming back?
>>
>everyone going ape shit for that rocket launcher
>imagine that it's super satisfying to use and shoot super cool stuff like macross rockets or something at least somewhat original
>nope it just shoots rocket one at a time
>it's literally every boring rocket launcher in vidya
>A trailer and the whole community going ape shit for a fucking skin.
>>
>>340692283
All this time later and they haven't made it much better at all.
>>
>>340692801
If you like loot driven games, sure, you'll have some stuff to do.

If not no
>>
>>340692801
Yes, game is completely different now. You didn't even get to experience raiding, the best part of the whole game
>>
>>340692558
I'm not too sure my man
>>
>brother gave me his old copy once he got TTK
>level cap is 34
>can't do shit unless I shove out like $70
>even starting a second character is boring
Not really.
>>
>>340692837
Bull fucking shit. It's a thousand times better.

>more scripted drops that are tied to specific activities
>guaranteed legendaries from almost everything
>1:1 infusion
>all purple gear can be used at endgame

You're either ignorant or bitter as fuck. Probably both.
>>
>>340691552
Pretty sure they nerfed the wolf pack, I think a week after xur sold it again.
>>
>>340692863
My only experience with raiding is in MMOs. If this is similar in the sense that you need a dedicated group to do it every week I might just skip that part.
>>
File: 1446424022498.jpg (458 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446424022498.jpg
458 KB, 1920x1200
>>340690759
Not really.
Cyber-Fallen are dump.
More Warmind fuckery is dump (although I guess all the Marathonfriends are ecstatic).
Story is yet another "I am the last of my fireteam, avenge them, Guadroan!" episode.
Gear aesthetic looks to continue in the same horrible Year2 direction.

The only thing I'm moderately hopeful about is that since they finally ditched last-gen consoles, the new patrol areas will be larger, real outdoor locations.
See that hope get torn apart before long.
>>
>>340692828
The clusters are pretty cool though and nearly double the damage. Mainly though it looks badass.

>>340693110
You can do it with anyone but it's not hard to get a consistent group if you join a community like the destiny general on /vg/
>>
Can you still solo CE? Did they finally give up on trying to patch that?
>>
File: Contract.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Contract.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>340693031
Not him, but playing after month 1 is not fun at all

The best part was being one of the first to beat the Raid and the 1st ever Nighmare weekly challenge, or whatever it was called. Finding exploits and terrain glitches was also part of the fun, before they were ironed out.

Getting the 1st elemental main weapon, telling your Raid in party chat that your pulse rifle gun shot fire an no one believing you.

Half of your raid party getting a Vex Mythoclast (pre-nerf) and jumping straight into PvP for a solid 5 hours just laughing our asses off.

So on and so forth. The game might be polished and better now, but it's still just as boring, the sense of wonder and discovery is all but gone.
>>
>>340694040
So every game then?
>>
>>340690915
It's been nerfed, it's honestly gonna be even close to as big of a deal as it was in year 1.

I doubt it'll be more useful than Black Spindle for the raid.
>>
>>340691498
Holy shit this is a dramatic post.
>>
>>340691968
>A single word is etched onto the inside of the weapon's casing: "Soon."
pls banjo
>>
>>340693273
Oh you can solo it piss-easy now with shit like Raze-Lighter and Sleeper Stimulant.
>>
I am limited in my excitement, because they could add a fuckton of new things like they promised, but it would add up to maybe one week's worth of gameplay before it's a grindfest again.
>>
I LOVED this game, but it was running on fumes by the time TTK came out. This expansion pisses me off. A lot. EVERYONE was expecting a Destiny 2 announcement at this E3 (possible still), but that seems out the window now and instead they toss another expansion. Sold the game after it got announced. It is only downhill now. We wanted Destiny 2, not an expansion.
>>
>>340694919
>EVERYONE was expecting a Destiny 2 announcement at this E3 (possible still), but that seems out the window now and instead they toss another expansion.
Except we've known for months now that another expansion was coming this year and Destiny 2 was some time in 2017.

Like, Bungie literally said exactly that, several months ago.

So. You're kind of an idiot.
>>
>>340690759
I just started playing again a few days ago

I got one of my characters to the level cap, realized that theres literally nothing I could do endgame since they fucked over everyone who didnt have ttk

bought TTK dlc and got my character up to 40, still have never been able to do a raid since i have no friends

y-you guys will play with me right?

I have a PS4, email me if you want to play:
> [email protected]
>>
>>340690915
This is a good thing. If it is going to be a powerful weapon, locking it behind RNG is stupid and makes the game less fun
>>
>>340694919
Except bungi confirmed months ago that we het 1 more xpac then D2 in 2017
>>
>>340695238
>people expecting a brand new game
>get expansion only

No shit dumbfuck. Doesn't change the fact that everyone was also expecting this year to be D2 announcement, but Bungie being full blown moneygrubbers are only giving the expansion. It has been like 2 years since it has been out. They said after TTK it wouldn't be a heavy update year, which lead many to assume they had D2 in the works, which isn't true.
>>
>>340690759

I love Destiny but the Light system and no matchmaking for raids/nightfalls kills the game for me a lot.

I also don't like that there's no true support subclass. Closest is Defender. I just want to be a healslut in this game.
>>
>>340692909
It's on sale for $30 if that makes any difference.

To me, it doesn't.
>>
>>340695776
Yeah, because the next expansion probably makes up the difference.
>>
>>340695668
Nobody except you was expecting a brand new game.
>>
File: HR47X1G.jpg (642 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HR47X1G.jpg
642 KB, 1920x1080
>Warlocks get the best armor
>again
Being a Titan is suffering
>>
>>340695550
Just go to /dg/
>>
>>340695864
This is true. Although I don't even know the release date. Honestly I haven't played since before the 2nd expac, and I'm not even sure why I read these threads. Maybe I just hope it's better now?
>>
I wish the game had an interesting PVP and wasnt an RNG grindfest
The artstyle & gunplay is so fucking good, its wasted potential
>>
>>340696060
Its only been getting better since launch
>>
>>340696234
I'm not hating on it per se, but it needed a ton of work. I remember playing the alpha and beta thinking, this is going to be great! A month later I uninstalled. There just wasn't a solid system to any of it, especially when the best drops at the time came from exploiting the loot cave. Also I always solo queue for everything, is it still limited to having friends?
>>
>>340696535
The endgame is yeah, but it's not hard to find people and it's honestly worth it because the raids are so fun
>>
>>340696863
I'll consider it. I remember the gunplay was tight and the mechanics felt right. Just hated that I could play everyday for weeks and not get any upgrades for any class. I might grab ttk since it's on sale. Thanks for the info anon
>>
>>340692198
>playing Destiny at all
>implying the 3/10 game Destiny is now is worse than the 0/10 game it was at launch
If I have to hear some delusional Bungienis drone on /vg/ go on and defend faction packages decoding into 1 mote of light one more time I'll be slightly perturbed
>>
>>340697030
I stopped playing cause things were getting to grindy and I was stagnating

came back recently and honestly its a lot better

what they did with the taken king was shitty since they locked the endgame behind a paywall, but honestly its worth it since the endgame is so fun now. Theres so much to do
>>
>>340697362
Basically this.
>>
>>340697223
It used to be that way but it's not.
>>
>>340693072
>>340693072

They did.

They announced the nerf and literally that week he sold it.... then a week later it was nerfed.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.