[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Unpopular game called Minecraft is played amongst /v/ lurkers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 16
File: notchking-e1410354554914.png (281 KB, 680x350) Image search: [Google]
notchking-e1410354554914.png
281 KB, 680x350
>Unpopular game called Minecraft is played amongst /v/ lurkers in 2009
>Game gets popular and the games formula improves over time
>Everyone on /v/ hates it despite the fact that Mojang has improved upon it significantly over time
>/v/ hates anything popular

What the fuck happened guys? Just because children play it doesn't mean it automatically sucks. I miss the old /v/.
>>
It would have improved if it became closer to Dwarf Fortress as it was developed. It went exactly in the opposite direction.
>>
>Removes floating islands
>Removes custom generation entirely
>Removes comfy limited worlds
>Shoves buggy horrible """""infinite"""" world in everybody's assholes
>Shovels in more memes
>MORE MEMES
>Adds crafting recipes for one thing, completely abandons idea and just leaves a dead fucking end everywhere with useless shit.
>His fucking hacky retard poetry at the "end" of the "game"

You tell me what the fuck happened.
>>
>>340687293
> Improved on it
Now here's the thing, I've gone back and I've played 1.7.3 beta with friends and it genuinely does feel much better and more fun. The color balance, overall style, and certain gameplay elements combined to make a very fun game, but past 1.7.3 (And arguably somewhat before that), Mojang's additions started to become pretty shit and ruined the balance and made everything fucking worse. It was the last update that was undeniably a samdbox game and not some bullshit RPG wannabe.
>>
>>340687293
I dropped it shortly after the big RPG update
I didn't feel like hunger and exp/enchanting really added to the adventure
>>
>>340687421
Yeah, Notch had actually listened to some of /v/s criticisms but as soon as he started to lean more to reddit it was all downhill.

I still secretly want to play with /v/ again.
But all the servers so far are people that just admin hack for themselves and build.
The best time I had was playing in a 11 man community in a loli thread. Was pretty cozy, I built a railroad and trade flourished.

Someone host, I miss it.
>>
>>340687651
> Railroad
I miss overground rail. With sprinting and the nether, there was pretty much no reason for one to exist.
>>
>>340687293
>Notch's "betrayal"
>Community/Fanbase (Because games are bad if their community is bad hurr durr)
>>
File: no laughing matter.jpg (36 KB, 552x532) Image search: [Google]
no laughing matter.jpg
36 KB, 552x532
>>340687293
>games formula improves over time
I really, REALLY hope you're not referring to the hunger update. So many things went wrong with it, replacing risk vs. reward (in terms of rationing food vs inventory space) with pure tedium (stop what you're doing to take a bite out of one of your many loaves of bread).
>>
>>340687293
I read today about the 1.10 update
It's the first update in a while that feels like it's the sort of thing to be added back in the glory days

It's just mummies in the desert and ice zombies in the snow. To me, little things like enemy variation in biomes is better for the game than unfinished dragon bosses.
>>
File: 1420503924294.png (128 KB, 306x273) Image search: [Google]
1420503924294.png
128 KB, 306x273
>>340687293
Or maybe games just have limited replay value?
>>
>>340688035
> You can carry a week's worth of food in one slot
> There is clearly a "Best" food with no reason to ever eat anything else
> There is a "Best" weapon and armor set
> Despite the combat update, combat still lacks any meaningful choice or satisfaction - it is still just w+m1, only now you have to time m1.
> Terrain deformation is never ever used in combat
This is bad fucking design
>>
The game was never amazing. We just saw potential in it. Unfortunately, it went nowhere.

I reinstalled it a few months ago, since a nephew was staying over and he loved it. Despite not playing it for nearly 5 years, it feels like barely anything was changed. Nearly all the new features felt like things that could have been added with mods.
>>
>>340687651
Someone hosted a game earlier today

I don't know if it's still up, but 23.95.0.145 on Beta 1.7.3
>>
>>340687293
>games formula improves over time
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>340688262
what did combat update do
>>
>>340688497
added shields
>>
>>340687421
>It would have improved if it became closer to Dwarf Fortress as it was developed. It went exactly in the opposite direction.

KEK. You can't ask to change the gameplay entirely that's too much of an outlandish request. You should have known by now during 2009 people wanted a survival mode more than anything and Notch listened to the '09 /v/ so he didn't ignore you he just ignored people with stupid requests such as this one here.
>>
>>340688152
Very true. But the game needs a major gameplay overhaul to become good.

> Actual difficulty
> Weapon variety
> Longer tech tree
> Better textures
> Return color palette back to the old days of 1.7.3 beta
> Revamp world generation entirely
> Strip out the magical bullshit
> More technical elements
> Game gets more complex as it progresses and new challenges arise
> Mobs actually try to break in via tactical creeper detonation and some builder mob
> More sidegrades
> More minecart development

There is a specific feeling, a specific charm that I attribute to Minecraft that has long since gone. I want to bring it back.
>>
>>340688152
There are also polar bears. And some new blocks.

They said the plan is to have smaller, more frequent updates for a while. So far, so good.
>>
>>340688497
Swords have a cooldown after attacking. If you attack again before it's up, there is a damage penalty.
>>
the modding community died after 1.7.10
>>
>>340687421
>It went exactly in the opposite direction.
More like it tried to go in fifty different directions at once and got nowhere.
>>
>>340688648
>Mobs actually try to break in via tactical creeper detonation
FUCK THIS SHIT
>>
File: 062.gif (1 MB, 494x423) Image search: [Google]
062.gif
1 MB, 494x423
>Windows 10 Minecraft Beta

I demand to know what the fuck they did, suddenly this game has higher than 10FPS and doesn't make my hardware scream for mercy.

Why wasn't this done sooner, and why can't we just drop the Java version like the hacked together abomination it is?
>>
Because Mojang are a bunch of lazy fucks. I used to go beyond autism making mods all day wishing that Minecraft would finish their planned and promissed modding api.

After talking of so much development of the modding api for 4 years, they then said "we dont really need to because we probably wouldnt be able to make something as good as forge" and have done absolutely fucking nothing about the bukkit situation despite having microsofts lawyers at hand and the extreme legal advantage in the fact that them owning bukkit renders dmca completely pointless.

So even now modding is still constantly playing with obfuscated, position-changing, shit.
>>
>>340688914
I genuinely thought this was going to happen. Design your base well or it'll get broken into. You'll need palisades or else you won't be able to defend.

Gives players a genuine goal to work towards without forcing their hand. The best gameplay, in my opinion.
>>
>>340687489
Where is the FLAOT anon when you need him?
>>
>>340687293
>Despite the fact that Mojang has improved upon it significantly over time
Found the error in your post.
Thing is, Minecraft had a really weird phase between its enthusiast early and its kid-friendly state today, where it didn't know what it wanted to be. Notch kept adding stupid shit like pumpkin hats, mooshrooms, and hunger when most of /v/ wanted something more akin to a 3D Dorf Fort or engineering sim. (Note that most MC clones are a lot more cohesive, with a focus on a single aspect like polished combat or in-depth engineering. Few try to cover the broad scope that MC did.)
If Notch had just picked a direction and stuck with it he'd be fine. But there was a period of like 2 years where Minecraft was just a goddamned mess of stupid mismatched ideas.
>>
>/v/ unleashes a cancer on the world than turns around and hates it

color me surprised

>/v/ creates e-celeb culture starting with Jontron because of his weird autistic-like tics
>/v/ now hates e-celebs

>/v/ makes undertale and fnaf popular
>/v/ now hates fnaf and undertale

>/v/ creates memes
>/v/ now hates them

>/v/ creates rageface memes
>/v/ now hates it

>/v/ creates Reddit's culture as a byproduct
>Reddit imitates /v/ like that loser kid trying to fit in being 4chan if reincarnated but lesser
>/v/ now hates it

>/v/ creates takes the non-serious 2ch waifu posters and makes it into a real thing
>the joke proceeds to get out of hand like MLP:FIM
>/v/ now hates it

Infact
>take any previously underground unknown game /v/ obsessed over
>it got popular
>/v/ now hates it.

>/v/ creates pepe from an ancient Encyclopedia Dramatica meme.
>/v/ now hates it

>/v/ creates umad & trollface
>/v/ now hates it

All of this shit that you hate, /v/. It's all your demons and your monsters. This is all YOUR Frankenstein monsters. This is all because of -you- not Reddit and Tumblr. Yes those sites are retarded but the retardation started here. You are patient zero of all of this.
>>
>>340689431
>an entire community of anonymous internet posters are all of one and decide collectively whether to like something or not

your a retard
>>
>>340689431
> We were the monsters all along
>>
>>340689167
The developers that work on MCPE and MCWin10 simply know what they're doing. They're actually pretty based and have sneakily mocked the PC devs before (please tell me someone remembers where this was and has a link...). It helps though that Win10 Edition is in C++ (or maybe it was C#, I can't remember) instead of Java.
>>
>>340687553
Hunger was stupid, it discourages exploration. Enchanting is an okay idea.
>>
File: wow (2).jpg (19 KB, 198x228) Image search: [Google]
wow (2).jpg
19 KB, 198x228
I CANNOT GET OVER HOW STUPID SOME OF THE UPDATES ARE

Why can't you turn hunger off?
Why can't you turn the bats off?
Why can't you turn the retarded endermen off?
Why isn't there an option for old combat?
Why isn't there an option to turn off the retarded EXP / achievements?

The list basically goes on to 20 million other things, but the bottom line is: why aren't there more options to fix the shitty updates?

Did you know that very recently they updated the game with an "auto jump" feature (yes, that means you automatically jump when you walk into a single block. Seriously)

But guess what? They actually gave the option to turn it off! It's total shit that it's in the game, but at least you can bypass it. That's what this game needs more of to be "fixed".
>>
>>340689687
Enchanting would be an ok idea if it was done right, grinding shit so your diamond gear isnt stuck with something that does litteraly nothing helpful is never fun
>>
>>340687293
>despite the fact that Mojang has improved upon it significantly over time
Terrain gen got fucked after 1.3 and the most of the new additions add fuck all or make the game even worse
>>
>>340689808
>Wanting to turn off certain functionality that's supposed to be a part of the gameplay

Fuck off.
>>
>>340689167
you cant fool me microsoft im not upgrading
>>
>>340687293
I don't hate it, I just want it to be actually good.
>>
>>340687293
Beta 1.6.6 was the last good update. Quickly went to shit afterwards. Everything afterwards aside from pistons was unnecessary and turned Minecraft into a meme game.
>>
>Add survival mode
>Survival mode is beaten on day 2 by constructing a shitty house and a wheat farm, you literally cannot die if you dont leave you house.
>>
>>340689167
Nothing special, it's coded by professionals instead of a single hobbyist
>>
>>340689808
>Why can't you turn hunger off?
>Why can't you turn the bats off?
>Why can't you turn the retarded endermen off?
>Why isn't there an option for old combat?
>Why isn't there an option to turn off the retarded EXP / achievements?
Technically you can force this off via command-blocks. Pretty sure people have existing command-block contraptions you can just copypaste into your world to do this. But yeah, there really should be more options for these, even if it'd clog the menu a bit (maybe have a bunch of these as options before you generate a world or something?)
>>
File: frodo.jpg (42 KB, 468x480) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
42 KB, 468x480
>>340689919
>it's a feature
>>
>>340689970
He's actually right, but yeah nobody wants to deal with win10 to use it.
>>
>>340687489
>removes floating islands
>removes custom generation
>removes comfy limited worlds
>just leaves a dead end everywhere with useless hit
>>340688648
>major gameplay overhaul
>>340689808
>why aren't there more options to fix the shitty updates?
M O D S
O
D
S

launch that Feed The Beast meme machine and play some FTB Infinite or FTB Horizons Daybreaker and sperg out you fucking cucks
>>
>>340690147
>Lets remove goombas because I fucking suck at Super Mario!

You're that guy.
>>
Are there any decent survival simulators where the focus is actual survival in the environment and not getting one shotted by some enemy who shouldn't be there in the first place?
Because I'm really tempted to buy The Solus Project but want to know whether or not it's shit and what my better options are.
>>
>>340690245
This isn't about mods, this is about the base game.

Saying the only good thing about a game is the mods is basically admitting the game itself is shit and everybody else had to pitch it to make it work.

i.e. Oblivion
>>
File: 1459829209587.jpg (19 KB, 280x400) Image search: [Google]
1459829209587.jpg
19 KB, 280x400
>>340690195
>implying you have a choice

Join us. Your free upgrade awaits.
>>
>>340687293
People hate it because it never lived up to its potential.

After having tried and failed to be a dozen different things because the devs could never figure out a solid direction to take, current Minecraft is content to be a mediocre action RPG despite the fact that combat has always been shit. Updates are basically just inconsequential cosmetic shit rather than any fundamental changes that the game actually needs.
>>
/v/, and 4chan in general, is always vehemently counter-culture, and ceaselessly righteous about it.
This will never change.
>>
>>340690390
>Saying the only good thing about a game is the mods is basically admitting the game itself is shit and everybody else had to pitch it to make it work.
That's what I'm saying, yes.
>>
>>340687293
Youre fucking retarded. We hate it because of abandoned promises and because notch is a fat, lazy jew.
>>
>>340689167
Once the Windows 10 Minecraft has autism mods so I can play 3d Factorio like in Java Minecraft, I will finally fucking upgrade.
>>
>>340690546
Then yes, I agree. The only reason i've kept playing this beyond when I first bought it years ago is shit like those huge clusterfuck modpacks with redstone wiring, energy management/manipulation, factorization, and worldgen properties.

Shock and awe, the base game is still fucking garbo with the worst possible design choices.
>>
>>340690461
>combat has always been shit.
How fucking deep do you want your combat system? You just swing your sword.
>>
The real question is
4craft when
>>
>>340690275
I don't think the goombas were added after several years and changed the game. Try making an analogy that actually fits.
>>
>>340690505
Well said.
>>
RIP GLACIER
RIP FUN WORLDGEN
RIP FUN
>>
>>340690769
>Complaining about turning off CORE FEATURES from a game added since Minecraft was created. "I don't want m-muh Endermen because I'm a pussy!"

You're an idiot. Fucking read before you speak you ADHD-American.
>>
>>340690505
>being counter-culture is bad
Culture is shit desu

true art is created in basements on a diet of doritos and mountain dew
see: dorf, ss13, space engine, dominions, spelunky, phantasy star online private servers
>>
>>340690505
>>340690790
Doesn't change the fact that the game is shite
>>
>>340690769
It's like if they made Super Mario Brothers but one day decided to remove the goombas
>>
>>340690753
i'm pretty sure they did like five 4crafts over the past three years but i haven't participated in any of them and they really look like shit

>>340690958
it's more like if they made Super Mario Bros, added yoshi to it in an update, and then removed yoshi a few patches later
>>
>>340690692
You say that as if a deeper combat system than Minecraft's is unreasonable or difficult, when it's just clicking M1. Either way, I never asked for a deeper combat system, I'm just saying becoming an action RPG was a stupid direction to take when that element was never one of the game's strong points.
>>
>>340690902
Endermen weren't even in the original game, you massive retarded. They were added in late 2011, and Notch even contemplated removing them at first because of how shitty they were. I'm not American either, I don't know where you're getting this baseless assumption from.

>>340690958
It's even worse than that. They changed so much in Minecraft it's almost impossible to imagaine Mario 1 with so many changes. Needless to say, nobody would prefer if Mario 1 if it was permanently changed.
>>
>>340687293
Minecraft is the best it has even been right now. Mojang is doing a great job of maintaining the old formula while adding new things to it.
>>
>>340691273
>Needless to say, nobody would prefer if Mario 1 if it was permanently changed.
and yet people love Mario 2, 3, World, and Maker
>>
>>340687293
The only thing I fucking hate is the new attack cooldown feature like WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT AHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>340689568
if you haven't noticed the counter culture here then you haven't been here long enough
>>
>>340691274
> Old formula
Maybe if you mean 2014 old
>>
>>340691378
You must realize those are sequels, correct?
>>
File: computerheatsupthe_room.jpg (51 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
computerheatsupthe_room.jpg
51 KB, 500x353
>>340691274
It's sad there's always that one griefer in Minecraft, Terraria and Starbound servers. I just want to play without committing to always come online.
>>
File: 1450650388133.jpg (451 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450650388133.jpg
451 KB, 1000x1000
It doesn't matter what /v/ thinks. It's sold 100 million plus copies, not to mention the countless cracked account players.
>>
>>340691273
>Endermen weren't even in the original game, you massive retarded. They were added in late 2011, and Notch even contemplated removing them at first because of how shitty they were. I'm not American either, I don't know where you're getting this baseless assumption from.

Well whatever. I'm using Endermen as an example. But fucking read next time. It's sad because you act like a self-righteous prick yet you lack intelligence. What does it feel like to be a piece of shit like you? You're a waste of air.
>>
>>340687293
>Mojang has improved upon it significantly over time

How boisterous herald, FLAOT, begs to differ.
>>
>>340687293
You see. /v/ hates anything that's """""""reddit"""""""
>>
>>340691486
They're also the closest analog they had to a constantly updatable game in the eighties/nineties.

Just like nobody is stopping you from playing Mario 1, nobody is stopping you from loading up an older version of Minecraft
>>
>>340691128
>I'm just saying becoming an action RPG was a stupid direction to take when that element was never one of the game's strong points.

You build shit and survive. That's all you do anon.
>>
>>340687651
>>340687421
Yea if Notch went down the OH SO POPULAR DWARF FORTRESS!!1!1 road it would have been way more successful than it is now!
>>
>>340690505
why is Overwatch so popular then?
>>
>>340687489
>Removes custom generation entirely
>Removes floating islands

But none of this was removed
>>
>>340691454
Pre hunger update was shit
>>
>>340691670
> And survive
There's your problem, they took this out and make everything look like shit

So now the game is
> Build
In a shitty world with the color and shape of puke
>>
>>340691716
it's about as equally popular as it is backlashed against desu
>>
Everytime I saw people posting about minecraft in2009 and 2010 I always thought it was an old MS-DOS game that hipsters played.
>>
>>340688648
All of this can be done, except removing magic. That's a staple now.
>>
File: jerry messing.jpg (39 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
jerry messing.jpg
39 KB, 479x720
>>340691554
>How dare you criticize a video game. Everything they change is part of the core mechanics, and therefore better.

"lol"
>>
I bought into the Minecraft ALPHA. Then I played it for about two weeks and got so bored of it afterwards that I never touched it again.

Probably would've loved it if I were 9. I would've spent way more time making fortresses like I did when I played Wacky Worlds on my Genesis. I used to make the coolest looking things in that game.
>>
>Game gets popular
Correct.
.Formula improves over time
Right up until the Adventure update that added Hunger. That marked the stop of advancement and the start of "casualization."
Basically, they made the game progressively easier. It was easy at first, but it got even worse as the updates continued with only some good features on top of piles of shit post-Adventure.
and lastly,
>/v/ hates anything popular
>/v/ is one person
9/10 got me to reply.
>>
>>340691865
I don't see nearly as much backlash as there was for Minecraft, Undertale, or CoD
>>
>>340691983
every single OW thread is filled with falseflagging shitposters

the amount of backlashing didn't change, just the form it took, from direct insults to ironic shitposting
>>
>Hunger system

Dropped completely.
>>
>>340691670
The many updates dedicated to nonsense like enchantments, beacons, potions, and everything related to the End must have somehow convinced me otherwise, anon.
>>
>>340692175
>Hunger system
Are you epically stupid? That's what we've always wanted. We wanted a real survival mode even back in 2009.
>>
>>340689167
>game runs better

>but it has micro-tranactions in beta and you have to pay for the release version even if you own minecraft already

its like a corrupt a wish
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 680x598) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 680x598
>>340691554
Wow you just got shut down and your only argument is "durrr whatever u can't read u waste of air xdxdxdxdddxd"
>>
>Minecraft is niche. Because of this the creator is able to more directly interact with fans
>tons of fun stuff done because of this, updates are common, with the promise of bigger and better things in the future
>as it picks up steam the updates slow down
>everyone notices and starts to egg on Notch to get back to work
>he runs off to a place where people will praise him no matter what he does
>the game is already popular so he sees no need to update it and make it any better. Any updates that come along are random bells and whistles that ultimately have little effect on the base game
>all the big plans are abandoned. Suddenly an unfinished, in-early-development build of the game becomes the final thing. All potential it ever had is left to rot

>Why do people hate it now???
>>
>>340692337
Not him, the Hunger System is poorly implemented and a boring add on that does nothing except "Oh hey, I gotta set up a farm just to have my HP regen."
It's shit.
>>
>>340692337
Really? Because /v/ seems to be generally most critical towards the addition of hunger. It seems like an interesting feature for modding, but I definitely agree that it should be selectable, rather than forced.
>>
>Back in Classic days, one of the biggest and most popular "mods" was a texture pack plus a few simple teleport mechanics for a Portal Pack some servers ran way back when
>Now all this shit
Times have changed...
>>
>>340692429
Fuck off. Fucking drones.
>>
>>340687293
NOT
FUCKING
FINISHED
>>
I wonder if there's ever been a day in the history of /v/ where some fag OP generalizes /v/ and whines about them hating something. These threads really should get deleted on sight.
>>
>>
>>340687293
We are all too heavily disapointed by Notch becoming a lazy piece of shit and Mojang just slowly implementing features from mods, but somehow worse.

So much potential, squandered. That shit hurts more than just a game being bad. With that said, there are a lot of contrarian cunts 'round these here parts.
>>
I played hundreds of hours of it for years already. I've had my fill.
>>
>>340687293
Not related to Minecraft, but what is with so many experimental games coming to /v/, becoming fuck huge popular, and then abandoning this place?

Yandere, EVERY .io game, Minecraft, etc
>>
>>340693152
gotta appeal to the retarded reddit masses. That's where the money comes from.
>>
>>340692747
You have no fucking idea.
I played a server with my friends, and every single mod installed had 8 ACTUAL hours of grinding shit just to get to the basics of anything resembling fun or good shit. That's assuming you knew what you were doing ahead of time and didn't have to pour over the wiki.
Minecraft mod makers have to be the most autistic force in existence.
>>
>>340693302
Trust me, there's worse. They're up there, but there are worse.
Specifically, a group of people I have taken to labeling "The dedicated."
Basically, people who become so engrossed in a game for one reason or another, they play it for tens of thousands of hours over YEARS.
I've only ever seen two, one for Nethack, and one for Terraria, and they are fucking insane.
>One calendar year on the same Nethack character
>Over three THOUSAND Terraria characters, all set to hardcore, having spent more than 3 years without even beating the Eye of Cthulhu
>>
Minecraft is fucking cancer now.
When will it finnaly die?
>>
File: 1465181821907.png (128 KB, 777x691) Image search: [Google]
1465181821907.png
128 KB, 777x691
>remember finding minecraft on a forum before survival mode was even a concept
>played back when Indev with limited word generation
>still have a world file laying around from when InfDev first came out
>InfDev had insane geography but no caves, mining was a pain
>remember when notch ported over Quake models
>he got a modeler on board, had concepts for new player models
>Notch drops the whole fucking thing after being unable to get the models to import correctly within two weeks of the announcement

I should have known it was all down hill from there.
>>
>>340693302
>being a filthy casual

>>340693491
>One calendar year on the same Nethack character
Not possible, unless they were spending very little time playing the game each day

>Over three THOUSAND Terraria characters, all set to hardcore
He would have to have a folder to offload all of his characters once he got to the cap
>spent more than 3 years without even beating the Eye of Cthulhu
This is either retardation or autism, probably both.
>>
>>340694580
>One calendar year
I don't play Nethack, but he ascended 3 times if that makes any difference. Trying to find the image.
As for the Terraria guy, it was turbo autism and he was not stupid, he could think on a level of thought I can only dream of, but he obsessed over the game. Self-aware too. It was reposted in a Minecraft thread yesterday, I think.
>>
>>340687293
>Formula improved over time
they took a fantastic concept and fucked it up so badly
>>
>>340690942
i agree. so was minecraft
>>
They never expanded on survival and just added more building shit. I didn't like it because Legos I liked it because survival and mining. Luckily Terraria hit all the right notes and is the superior game.
>>
File: Nethack.png (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
Nethack.png
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>340694851
Found the Nethack one.
>>
File: Terraria Autism.jpg (2 MB, 2124x3352) Image search: [Google]
Terraria Autism.jpg
2 MB, 2124x3352
>>340695171
And the Terraria one.
Tilefucker would be on my list, but his thing is more obsessive fetishism, and not insane obsession over one single game/idea.
>>
>>340689431
>/v/ creates e-celeb culture
No. This isn't true at all. As much as /v/ would love to take credit, e-celeb culture was started by Something Awful and all of the first Let's Players were Something Awful users. ProtonJon is one of them
>>
>>340695171
well i'm certainly impressed, I had no idea you could do this to the game

this is less autism and more science to be quite honest, reminds me of pannenkoek2012

>>340695606
this is incredible, not as impressive as the nethack one but still pretty impressive in a different way.
>>
>>340696056
Yeah, I lurk for those kinds of people.
They have an illogical obsession for one reason or another with a game and let it consume them.
The Bag of "Carry Weight" is definitely the icing on the cake of the first. But yeah, you get the point.
>>
>>340687293
No it sucks because none of our ideas were implemented, none of the promised updates happened, and then Notch ditched us for Reddit before releasing a frankly unfinished game.

>>340691767
But that's wrong, you newfag.

>>340690245
Mods are not an excuse for a still shitty base game.

>>340688371
>Nearly all the new features felt like things that could have been added with mods
That's because half of the updates have just been them adding their own worse versions of mods.
>>
>>340692853
>4 hours ago

FUCK YOU
THERE IS A TIME AND DATE ON THESE POSTS FOR A REASON
THIS PARTICULAR POST WOULD BE GREAT IF WE KNEW WHAT DAY, MONTH, AND YEAR IT WAS POSTED
>>
>>340696320
>worse versions of mods.
Good god, yeah. Melons are a prime example. Instead of making something interesting like mods that had Melons before that update, they just made it work identically to Pumpkins with a recolored stem for no reason.
>>
>>340696320
>none of our ideas were implemented

Notch didn't even want to implement ladders until /v/ convinced him to
>>
I was among the first group of people to start playing minecraft when it was still in-browser, and now I can't mention it without being associated with autists.

Kill me
>>
>>340697227
Well, none is a bit of an exaggeration yeah. But like, does Minecraft STILL not have (carryable) lanterns? Then there was the whole shtick where we came up with the Farlanders, Reddit stole the idea, turned it into Endermen and fucked it up, and Notch went with Reddit's shit. Like come the fuck on, no loyalty.
>>
>>340697251

You and me both.

I feel like I missed out because I was underageb& back then and I didn't have a CC, so all I could do was play the browser prototype.
>>
>>340697507
I had some kid who was crushing on me buy a copy for me because we hung out on the same "lava survival" server and that's how I got my infinite free PC copy

Got lucky. Too bad he was a creep
>>
>mine craft went in the wrong direction ! My ideas are best!

>meanwhile minecraft has become a cultural phenomenon and notch has made fucking millions.

Yeah clearly he was wrong and you guys were right. Bitxh would probably offer you a 100 dollar bill to wipe away your tears of frustration.
>>
>>340697251
>>340697507
>>340697696
Same boat, July 18th 2009, I remember the Christmas event fondly.
>>
>>340687651

Can you really blame him for not going the autist retard direction and instead going for gorillions of dollars?
>>
>>340698334
I can't.
If I were him and saw the money rolling in like he did I would have told all you basement dwellers to fuck off as well.
>>
>>340698253
*billions
>>
>>340698715
Come back to us Notch, we still love you, you enormous fucking faggot.
He still legit lurks here.
>>
>>340697104
At least the pistons weren't terrible. Looked better than that silvery texture the original mod used.

Still less functionality overall.
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.