[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this even in the game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (208 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
file.png
208 KB, 400x300
Why was this even in the game?
>>
>>340687158
Because it was in ALttP, and they had to bring it in somehow
>>
Also useless shit in videogames thread.
>>
>>340687158
There was an empty space in the inventory that needed to be filled.
>>
Majora's Mask actually made use of them.

Just another way it's the superior 3D zelda
>>
Because you need fire and ice arrows, dude. That shit sounds cool. And with the light arrows, they make a cool red/blue/yellow trio, for maximum OCD satisfaction. One reason why autists love this game.
>>
>>340687158
My first playthrough ever I couldn't get it because I went the other route in the dungeon and used up all my keys.

Years later I found the missing key and got those suckers. I was still hype as fuck to get em.
>>
>>340687158
You could freeze Bongo Bongo's hands which would stun him
>>
they freeze Ganon during the final fight and they do double damage to Volvagia
>>
>>340689753
Neither of those things are true.
>>
>>340689753
>Double damage to a boss FIGHT that is supposed to take place earlier in the game

LINEAR
I
N
E
A
R
>>
>ZELDA GAMES ARE TOO SAMEY, ALWAYS GIVING BLATANT UNLOCKS TO PROGRESS IN ONE DUNGEON, NEVER ITEMS JUST FOR FUN OR EXTRA MECHANICS
>WOAH WHAT IS THIS SHIT, AN OPTIONAL NEW ATTACK? FUCKING SHIT GAME NINTENDO SERIOUSLY WHAT'S THE POINT OF BEING THERE KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>340690743
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>340690743
It would be one thing if had any use, but it doesn't. There isn't even a piece of heart that you can get from using it, and it doesn't freeze the water like it does in Majora.
>>
>>340689502
This
>>
>>340689753
you are an idiot.
>>
>>340689502
>>340691225

If you shot both of his hands with a normal arrow it would stun him too though.
>>
>>340689753
while they don't do double damage to Volvagia (immune to freezing), they do twice the damage of the fire and light arrows to anything that can be frozen. other than that, they have pretty much no use
>>
File: 1451315790447.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451315790447.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
>>340687229
>it was in ALttP
>>
>>340691468
>it took someone until just now to realize that post was wrong
>>
>>340691384
The ice arrows froze the hands longer
Making it easier to shoot the other hand
>>
They are optional, and they are fun
>>
in majora's mask, they do absolutely no damage, but you can freeze water with them.
>>
>>340691603
Interesting, I never knew. It's a shame that the vast majority playing probably didn't have them at that point though.
>>
>>340691624
While in WW they're one-hit kills on almost every enemy when coupled with the hammer. How curious.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.