[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scorpio and Neo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: .jpg (16 KB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
16 KB, 512x287
Why are consoles beginning more and more like PCs?
>>
because consoles suck and pcs don't. consoles want to be more like pcs so they will suck less.
>>
Because you all allowed this to happen by being accepting of their bullshit in gen 7, as well as caring far more abour graphics and storytelling than actual gameplay. For this reason and more, Nintendo are the only ones making actual consoles (it's just too bad they burned their bridges with third parties and their overall brand image).
>>
>>340684731
because peasants are finally discovering what framerate and resolution is
>>
>>340684731
Because Sony and MS fell for the PC meme

>>340685068
>>340686007
Those are the kind of memers that influenced them
>>
>>340684731

Because pcs are posing a long term threat

Imagine if ea, ubi, and all the big devs got everyone to move to pc

Cut out the middlemen and take 100% profits instead of paying sony and ms a cut. Plus online is free

The issue is pc is open to anyone and so no one wants to do it.

Denuvo is already stomping on piracy as it is
>>
File: 1461210111053.png (270 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
1461210111053.png
270 KB, 351x351
Funny cause PCs are becoming more like consoles
>>
>>340686998
>pcs are posing a long term threat

Stopped reading there
>>
>>340686998
the only reason consoles aren't dead is because prebuilts are so expensive, the mid generation upgrade is probably just to keep people leaving the console market because of stuff like intel nuc
>>
It's possible the upgraded consoles are just there to capitalize on VR if the market ever gets to a decent size. It's not as though Muh fps is that much of a reason since it's never been a big issue for the majority of console owners anyway.
>>
>>340687364

Well no one's gonna make cheap pcs unless they get a closed drm infused operating system and paid online out of it i.e consoles.

Otherwise you're handing people free pcs and they go buy shit off other marketplaces.

Even gabe didn't want to do it letting alienware sell their overpriced pre builts with a steam logo on it.

MS is the only one who could pull it off as they own windows and they prefer making what I mentioned above.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.