[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cRPG thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: ruins.png (193 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ruins.png
193 KB, 640x480
Have you ever been let down by exploration?

>see ruins at top of a mountain
>climb up the slopes
>get through the wildlife and the orc guards
>notice tower in the ruins
>it needs some platforming magic but was clearly meant to be climbed
>there is nothing on the top

I feel betrayed.
>>
File: 1458309401493.jpg (71 KB, 660x578) Image search: [Google]
1458309401493.jpg
71 KB, 660x578
why is gothic the best game, its got absolutely everything, the only down are the controls. Everything else is literally 10/10. Jesus, it's so good
>>
>>340675078

All the fucking invisible walls in Fallout: New Vegas.
>>
>>340676741
Because combat is 11/10, and it actually does open world right.

Actually I just checked out that thing in the middle of the lake. I've never NOPE'd out of a water tunnel this fast. Then I've noticed some other ruin before the river current got me and I had to concentrate like hell not to die as it carried me down several waterfalls until I ended up at the sect camp. That was cool.
>>
oh man I have so many sweet memories of this game.
first game I ever played, really sucked me into its world when I was younger

god damn it was beautiful
>>
File: cd.jpg (100 KB, 825x1078) Image search: [Google]
cd.jpg
100 KB, 825x1078
On an unrelated note, Copper Dreams got funded and there are only 24 hours left to go, so nothing can save it from being a successful campaign now.

So rejoice those of you who backed it, and those of you who did not back it but wanted to see it succeed too.
>>
Gotic best series. Untill gothic 3 ofc. God tier combat. Simple and real.
>>
>>340675078
there is a very interesting side quest item to be found there but the quest needs to be done in order, starts in the mr skeletal tower by the sea
>>
Any of u gothic fans played requiem or returning 2.0 for gothic2?
>>
File: tower by the sea.png (317 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tower by the sea.png
317 KB, 640x480
>>340678590
You mean here? I haven't been there yet. I'll probably make it my next stop. Or maybe I'll clear out those New Camp thugs up north first, because those assholes shot at me without warning when I accidentally got near their hideout some time ago.
>>
File: 1465596195517.jpg (131 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1465596195517.jpg
131 KB, 640x480
>>340679449
here. But it's very tough to do, you need a lot of scrolls for that if you want to go there early on.
>>
>>340678412
What is this? I might back it. Is there still time?
>>
>>340678575
what is better gothic 1 or 2? ive heard 2 is best in the series.

i have all the gothic games on steam and i udnno which is worth my time... i have NO nostalgia and i prefer slow stile games like baldurs gate but im willing to give em a shot!
>>
>>340679674
Too bad the translation from german to english is terribly shit for this quest so you might need a guide to complete that one
>>
>>340679710
An isometric cyberpunk rpg with more innovative systemfaggotry than we've seen from every rpg coming out the last 5 years combined. However the graphics scare a lot of people away. I can understand why, even if I don't personally agree.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649838104/copper-dreams/description
>>
>>340680031
Personally i think gothic 1 has abetter atmosphere and setting but gothic 2 is still an improvement, honestly if you have the time play them both, learn the controls and enjoy
>>
>>340675078
how does this run on toasters? specifically linux/wine? i've got a boner for grim open world rpgs
>>
>>340679674
>>340680083
Thanks. I'll check it out, and if it turns out to be too difficult I'll just make a mental note to do it once I'm more prepared. Wandering into places too difficult and then running away, hiding, and looking for ways to escape is half of the fun.

God bless Acrobatics and wall-sliding.
>>
>>340679449
I'd recommend doing that quest very late in the game like chapter 4 or 5, since it's pretty hard.
>>
>>340680473
Runs fine on toasters. For me it crashes every once in a while, but nothing too terrible. As for wine, no idea.
>>
>>340680473
It should run alright even on integrate graphics cards, not sure about linux tho
>>
>>340679159
Im still waiting for Polish version of Returning 2 but it's being made by the ultimate turbo sperg autistic fucks so it will take a while
>>
>>340680201
>However the graphics scare a lot of people away.

Fun fact: they developed the new graphical engine by stealing the money from Serpent in the Staglands backers, who paid for an expansion stretch goal in a perfectly serviceable 2D pixel art engine that SitS had.

Then they started working on this game and now the expansion which still isn't out years after the SitS was funded is suddenly coming out AFTER this shitty 3D game AND in the same shitty 3D engine, and with absolutely nothing that was promised in the original stretch goal.

If it ever comes out at all. They'll probably steal the money from this KS to fund the next game, since people don't give a shit about their KS donations after a while anyway.
>>
>>340681103
I played through the russian version (since i understand russian) but damn its really so hard that it gets really annoying i really only suggest playing on easy for the awesome content because it just becomes a slog towards the end when there are millions of enemies and you still cant 1 shot them on hard, but still i think all of it was worth it took me over 150hrs to complete
>>
>>340681279
Mate, Unity was a godawful engine for Serpents, it didn't do the game any justice. If they are moving away from it that's a great thing. I know they originally didn't want it to be 3D, but the 2D they tried simply didn't work out.
>>
>>340681834
I don't give a fuck, I paid for 2D because it looked great, I never wanted this shit. It worked perfectly in SitS, what are you talking about?

Let me guess, you're the cuck himself shilling your game on /v/ of all places.
>>
>>340682105
>It worked perfectly in SitS, what are you talking about?
The new engine, I mean. Originally it was not meant to be fully 3D.

It sucks if it bothers you this much, although they haven't shown any screenshots of the expansion yet, so we really don't have any idea how it will look. I haven't backed SitS, so I admit I can't really sympathize. The expansion will be free for everyone who owns the game, so I'm personally pretty happy with that. And if that makes you feel any better, unless you are one of the 4 people who backed the game for $500, I've lost more than you did when I backed PoE.
>>
>>340682692
Why would someone else's misfortune make me feel better? I'm not a fucking sociopath.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.