[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this game? About to beat the final boss I think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: herosmall.jpg (617 KB, 768x325) Image search: [Google]
herosmall.jpg
617 KB, 768x325
Thoughts on this game?

About to beat the final boss I think? and I think it's a pretty cool game.

Ive read it played like a 2d dark souls and that sounded great to me. I'm not disappointed whatsoever. [Spoiler]would prefer more colors but ehh, had to fit a theme I guess

What did you guys think?
>>
I almost loved it. The things that made me cringe was the character faces that are super imbecillic amateurish pretentious art of a failed art student and the fact that the studio is a ska/punk music loving fuck and their logo reflects how much of a faggots they are.

The game iself is pretty cool. You get a helmet and pretend Ska and Punk are not a real thing in the world.
>>
>>340675268
I feel you about the character art faces. I can look past that though.

Knew nothing about the studio prior to the game so I don't share your rage famalam. But this is an amazing way to get introduced. [Spoiler]their logo is cringe tho
>>
Fuggg mane this final boss kinda hard
>>
Is my guy up there the only other nigga on /v/ who's played/even heard about this?
>>
>>340675919
I actually thought that the final boss was one of the easier ones.
Killed him with my knight on the first try and with my hunter on the third.
Bitch of the Lake was probably the most difficult one in the entire game.
>>
>>340674928
Stll not out.
>>
Can you actually upgrade weapons and armor any further in NG+ or are you supposed to do chipping damage on the bosses with your underpowered gear while they one-shot you?
>>
>>340676415
>lady of the lake
First tried.
Different folks different strokes I guess m8, this motherfucker won't stop rekking me
>>
Gonna copypaste this from an old thread

NG is reasonably easy but the boss difficulty is pretty uneven. Third Lamb, Tree of Men, Witch of the Lake, etc. are pretty challenging while the Stench Most Foul, the Dried King, the Untouched Inquisitor, Caresaw and the like are complete pushovers.
NG+ meanwhile simply turns everything into a damage sponge.

Great hammers, greatswords and pistols are fucking broken, especially the last one, surprisingly, which lets you throw strategy out the window and makes you blast everything away from relatively safe distance and with pretty high damage.

Most of the later areas are lacking in quality or are extremely short. Siam Lake is just a single room, the Blackest Vault only houses a creed, the Far Beach and Fort Beyond the Mire are borderline filler and the Still Palace is just simply a bunch of platforming segments before the final boss.
Hell, just look at the game's map and you can see the first part is much more complex.

And something that surprisingly hasn't been caught by the devs so far: the game isn't rage-quit safe.
Completely lost your 100k salt to a bossfight and don't give a fuck about being a douchebag?
Just alt+F4 out of the game when the message appears.
The game saves your progress when you get dragged back to the sanctuary and not when you get killed, so when you restart the game you'll be back at the sanctuary you visited before with all your shit still there.

Oh, and of course the character design which looks like what happens if the baby from Eraserhead would grow up.
>>
>>340676768
You have to abuse the covenant items that increase your damage or reduce enemy defences if you don't want boss fights to last forever.
>>
>>340678365
This pretty much sums it up
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.