[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've never actually played this and I'm what you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 15
File: 20150915061842.jpg (715 KB, 926x1024) Image search: [Google]
20150915061842.jpg
715 KB, 926x1024
So I've never actually played this and I'm what you might consider a Fallout fan (I've played all the games from Fallout 1 till New Vegas)
Is it really as bad as the /v/ says?
>>
No. Nothing is ever as bad as /v/ says it is.
>>
It depends. Do you like putting shit in your mouth and then chewing it and then swallowing it?
>>
>>340673550
No, but it is a big step down from even Fo3
>>
>>340673550
It'll get boring by the time you near endgame
>>
>>340673550
Don't approach it like you would one of the previous games in the series.

The game is less about quests and dialogue and is instead more about combat and rebuilding the commonwealth. Combat, crafting and settlement building take centre stage in Fallout 4 and if those things don't appeal to you at all, don't play the game. If any of those things do appeal to you, give it a shot.
>>
>>340673550
Always go for the opposite of what /v/ is saying. Never went wrong for me...

>>340673829
(You)
>>
>>340674006
>Baby's first RPG
Can't wait for summer to end
>>
Yes it's as bad
>>
>>340673985
This!
And I really enjoy it! The settlement building is comfy to me, and I've put over 7days already on the xbone, second play thru right now enjoying the landscape throughout the commonwealth
>>
>>340674215
>RPG
WHOA SLOW DOWN THERE SHILL
>>
File: FO4 Review Summary.png (1005 KB, 1279x675) Image search: [Google]
FO4 Review Summary.png
1005 KB, 1279x675
>>340673550

It's Borderlands with Fallout references/themes.
>>
>>340673886
Funnah mem senpai

>>340673727
This

F04 is in general a improvement on F03 and new vegas. However the dialogue options are the only dumbed down feature and it's standard Bethesda story telling.
>>
>>340673550
see
>>340637353
>>
>>340674842
>F04 is in general a improvement on NV

In gunplay, and literally nothing else. In fact outside of gunplay and graphics, everything is a downgrade.
>>
>>340674842
>Funnah mem senpai

How is he wrong?
>>
>>340674842
>F04 is in general a improvement on F03 and new vegas
No it's not. The gunplay is better, and it's on a more stable version of gamebryo, but other than that it's a downgrade.
>>
File: lolchoices.jpg (519 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lolchoices.jpg
519 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>340673550
Ide say the real question is (and plz answer), is FO4 was the first FO, would it be considered good?
>>
>>340675547
Is that acctually real or is just a meme?
>>
File: ripplespooks.jpg (41 KB, 494x710) Image search: [Google]
ripplespooks.jpg
41 KB, 494x710
If you're curious, I'd suggest pirating it and modding it heavily. You have to see it for yourself, to understand how shitty it is.

>>340675584
>>
>>340675118
>Equipment slots
>Power armour
>settlement building
>survival mode
>map size
>armour/weapon variety
>crafting/modifications
>graphics
># of hours of content

New vegas has better story and dialogue. That's about it.
>>
>>340675547
>choice 1,2 and 4 are literally the same
>choice 3 is also the same but being a smartass about it

what the fuck, I am willing to bet the NPC will react to you the same no matter what choice you pick either.
>>
>>340673550
It's honestly just a bland shooter. They removed having a lot of different guns and weapons and replaced it with a few guns that are "customizable". The gunplay is faster and V.A.T.S. isn't nearly as useful because of this. They changed the dialogue so much that it's mostly just a guided quest with a choice of who you want to side with near the end. The leveling system is now just a perk system, most of which are borderline useless. Overall, the game is alright but don't expect a fallout game. It's just a shooter.
>>
Pirate it or at least wait for a big discount. The game is the worst Fallout (aside from Brotherhood maybe) and is even worse than Skyrim. There are only two towns in the entire game and just as many memorable side quests. There are about 15 weapons and next to no interesting npcs. The rpg elements are nonexistent except for one quest, settlement building is cool at first but ultimately pointless, and the main plot is barely a step above FO3.
>>
>>340675769
This has to be fucking bait
>>
>>340674616
Which review is this from?
>>
>>340675717
Completely real. The dialogue won't pop up like that in game because the simplified dialogue wheel masks it. That is the result of a mod which shows you exactly what your character will say.
>>
>>340676190
It's not, did you play the game or do you base your opinion on F04 on all the screenshots of the shit dialogue in the game. You realize there's more to the game than that right?
>>
>>340675769
>weapon variety
What? Go look up the vanilla selection of weapons for both games, and see NV beats out Fo4. Then add in ammo crafting, and see how lazy Bethesda was in this category.

># of hours of content
Bull fucking shit. NV had more and better designed quests, and meaningful decisions which helps facilitate replayability. Unless your idea of content is doing the same radiant quests over and over.
>>
>>340675769
Yikes. Most of those things aren't good. Better graphics? What a shock. None of those things matter. You don't need to craft anything you can get stuff from legendary drops. The power suit isn't needed. Settlement building is a waste of time and poorly done. Map size means nothing when it was crafted so poorly to where you have two awful towns and enemies randomly placed everywhere because the only thing to do is walk around killing stuff.

It's completely mindless. If you enjoy that that's fine. However none of those things you listed were anything engaging enough to like the game. I would far rather play all the other Fallout games than that pointless time sink.
>>
>>340675769
>Settlement building
Is shit, barely explained, and only there to show off what you can build that's it.
>survival mode
NV had it first, and it was part of the base game.
>armour/weapon variety
both are smaller than NV, hell it's even smaller than Fo3
>crafting/modifications
Both are smaller than NV
>graphics
debatable
># of hours of content
Less than both NV and Fo3
>>
File: NV map.gif (544 KB, 1925x1104) Image search: [Google]
NV map.gif
544 KB, 1925x1104
>>340675769

>Power armour

T-60 still pisses me off to this day. The fact they turned power armor into a mech suit and throws it at you like candy is pathetic. It's also stupid how OP you can make your armor. Deathclaws in this game become a joke. This is no an improvement whatsoever.

>settlement building

Completely pointless padding to attract the autists. Does nothing for the actual gameplay or the game itself. It's absolutely pointless.

>survival mode

Bethesda trying to copy Obsidian but failing. Sleeping, hunger, and thirst are completely broken. You need to drink literally every 5 minutes, and you can hungry ten minutes after eating something. You get tired after 5 minutes of a well rested sleep. Also not allowing the player to save manually in a Bethesda game is laughable, considering how often bugs/glitches are encounter, and the game crashes.

>map size

It's bigger than pic related, but with less interesting places. Every single place is a dead end with raiders or super mutants. No reason to explore them. You just get shitty "loot" as a "reward". 250 of the 300 locations are literally nothing.

>armour/weapon variety

lmao oh wow shitty looking synth armor and pipe weapons

This game has fuck all weapon variety. The only neat addition is the laser musket, and is yet another thing given to the player early on to make them OP as fuck from the start.

>crafting/modifications

Weapon crafting is literally broken. Most guns turn out to be the exact same class, even though they didn't start that way. Hunting rifle's maximum path is just a sniper rifle. Sawed off shotgun is a combat shotgun. Has retarded options to cut off barrels from a hunting rifle and put a longer barrel on a shotgun. It's fucking retarded.

Armor customization is alright, but the premise of armor only going over a few pieces of clothing is fucking stupid.

>graphics

Improvement from horse shit to dog shit..

># of hours of content

The story is short as fuck. Under 10 hours.
>>
Reminder Bethesda took Settlement Building from a New Vegas mod.
>>
>>340676352

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp61CWg8XY0
>>
>>340675717

It's real. This game has no choices. Everything is yes or an inadvertent yes, or pointless like sarcasm.
>>
>>340673550
fairly bland if you dont play on survival. i had some fun with it. its worth a buy if you wait for a discount

also the game is poorly optimized
>>
When it comes to multiplats /v/ is usually right.

It's just Borderlands with Fallout themes.
>>
File: 1446672539429.png (283 KB, 384x359) Image search: [Google]
1446672539429.png
283 KB, 384x359
>>340675769
>equipment slots
>but only on certain clothes (inb4 mods, we're talking vanilla)
>power armour
>that suddenly requires no training and only works for like 15 minutes despite the power cells making them work for 200 years
>settlement building
>which gives you basically nothing other than dirty places to sleep in
>survival mode
>which is heavily inbalanced and bugged
>map size
>which still feels smaller than NV
>armour/weapon variety
>aka 9000 types of pipe guns and no unique looking weapon and armor
>crafting/modifications
>which are still just picking the option giving the most dmg and that's it
>graphics
>which are still awful in certain places; also the motion on faces is horrible
># hours of content
>finished everything in base game in around 70h
>>
>>340678316
>that suddenly requires no trainin

pretty sure they didn't require training in 1 and 2, nor NV
>>
>>340678579

They did.
>>
File: nextgen reaction image.png (485 KB, 760x639) Image search: [Google]
nextgen reaction image.png
485 KB, 760x639
>>340675769

>bethesdrones see these as imrpovements
>>
>>340678667

In NV they did.

Not 1 and 2.
>>
>>340677514
There are a few side quests giving you a few choices here and there.

The people who just shitpost about le no choices are posting things either from the generic quests you get from BOS/somewhere else or certain moments in the main story where you have no option to say much.
>>
>>340678965

>There are a few side quests giving you a few choices here and there

Go on..

>le

Fuck off and die.

>or certain moments in the main story where you have no option to say much

So basically the whole thing, considering you're railroaded in the story.
>>
File: cmon.jpg (35 KB, 602x376) Image search: [Google]
cmon.jpg
35 KB, 602x376
>>340678965
>There are a few side quests giving you a few choices here and there

Like what? 95% of the quests in 4 are fetch quests.
>>
>>340679229
As I said, here and there. The amount of side quests that aren't generic go gather shit and come back or kill ghouls/raiders and come back is low. Really low, actually. Only quest I actually enjoyed was the one with robots on a ship doing 9/11.

You could either help them, or help the people who want to get inside and scavenge. So that's already a choice.

Also you could either help the ghoul kid or sell him to gunners, as retarded that quest was.

Fuck, I can't remember any other side quests.
>>
>>340679531
>You could either help them, or help the people who want to get inside and scavenge. So that's already a choice.

whoa that's intricate

>Also you could either help the ghoul kid or sell him to gunners, as retarded that quest was.

don't ever mention that to me or my lore again
>>
Abandon all hope of playing a Fallout game. But as >>340678172 points out, it is actually a Borderlands game, and a pretty great one at that. It's salvageable, it's a shame that it has to carry the Fallout name.
>>
>>340679531

I liked that one too.

Quests in 4 were garbage, and that boy in the fridge got me pretty mad. I rushed to finish the game and uninstalled it.
>>
>>340675769
>power armor
Power armor being vehicles that run on fusion cores is retarded.
>settlement building
Shitty gimmick to appeal to the minecraft audience. It has no real place in a Fallout game.
>survival mode
NV did it better, and it wasn't as retarded.
>armor and weapon variety
el oh el
>crafting and modifications
NV had a far better system that was more realistic and ammo crafting is far better than weapon crafting.
>graphics
I'll give you this one but everything in 4 looks cartoonish to me.
># of hours of content
When you take into account NV' had more build variety, and different ways to complete quests this is just false.
>>
>>340675769

damn this nigga got shut down

>>340679787

It should've been a spin-off.
>>
>>340679486
I meant actual quests that have a story that isn't "go clear that ghoul place".

There clearly wasn't enough of them. I'm having a hard time trying to remember any quest that was actually interesting and had choices in it.

The heist maybe? Not sure if Silver Shroud had many choices but it was a fun quest if you talked in his voice all the time.
>>
>>340680009

the silver shroad quest was cringeworthy as fuck

luckily I had to silence is golden mod during it, but I saw my friend play it with voice acting and we both cringed

and again that quest is go here kill guys
>>
>>340680223
>and again that quest is go here kill guys
But with some backstory, other than just some generic shit. I found it a bit interesting and a fun gimmick, shame you can only talk as the Shroud during that questline if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not defending F4 or bethesda by any means here, mind you. I finished the game when it came out and uninstalled it after, only going to play it again once every dlc is out and some good mods too. Base game was just bad.
>>
>>340673550
No way. Theres some big issues, but its not terrible like /v/ says. good gunplay, good companions, faction variety is nice, and survival mode is actually very fun.
>>
>>340673886
ew no way. its definitely not as good as new vegas, but its totally better then fallout 3 in nearly every way.
>>
>>340674842
>weapons cant brake
how is this an inprovement also why dont the shitier pipe guns jam and or backfire?
>>
>>340679531
The boat quest was also the only quest in the game with skill checks. It was also very similar to "Come Fly With Me," but at least it was entertaining unlike almost every other side quest.
>>
File: ScreenShot0.png (697 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot0.png
697 KB, 1920x1080
found the cat boat yet /v/?
>>
>>340681395
The only way 4 is better than 3 is with gunplay, graphics and quest design. But 3 has better exploration and rpg elements, more dialogue options and you can actually play as a bad guy.
>>
>>340681395
No. Questing was better, the exploratín was more fun, the story wasn't as shit, the DLC were far better. I'll give you companions, only because I forgot 3's and am too lazy to go look them up.
>>
>>340679531
>he didnt sell the kid
>kill the guy to get him back
>return the kid
>kill his parents in front of him
its like you guys dont like caps thats just over 850 right there for doing little to nothing
>>
Why does this game run so fucking poorly? Honestly I would've given it more of a chance had the optimization not been utter dogshit. I have a pretty beastly rig and it was dropping to fucking 30fps in the city. Fuck that noise.
>>
It's not much of a fallout game.
Good futuristic oblivion tho.
Abuses a lot of sci-fi tropes so I appreciated that, who doesn't want to be a gramaton guncleric or part of the resistance against the terminators.
>>
Calling it the WORST fallout is an overstatement, for sure.
>>
>>340682125
>beastly rig
By what, bestbuy standards?
I ran it medium-high at a stable 60 fps and my rig is 2 generations old.
Tune your settings shithead.
>>
>>340673550
Honestly it runs like shit, I hate the dialogue and the building was too limited plus you need mods to get the actual pieces to touch the ground or connect and other shit in certain ways also most of the outfits are pretty lame and there's little room for mixing stuff up but I did like the gun customization
Overall it just gets boring after a while unless you use mods to make things interesting like most Bethesda games
>>
>>340682271
>having an opinion
>>
>>340682554
You mean its an opinion to think it is the worst fallout?

Sure. I'd argue that its a bad one when FO3 exists, but its certainly an opinion.
>>
File: 1465395257768.png (131 KB, 353x334) Image search: [Google]
1465395257768.png
131 KB, 353x334
I got it for free yesterday, when does it get fun?
>>
2 > New Vegas > 1 > 3 >>>>>>> 4
>>
It's more accurate to what fallout 1 and 2 were over fallout 3 and new vegas.
It managed to pull off almost the exact same tone.
If you don't know what I mean; fallout 1 and 2 were pretty much jam fucking packed with movie and tv show references of the prior 2-3 decades, not like "haha lol so 60s" bullshit like new vegas, more like how when you play the institute in fo4 you're pretty much just living out blade runner, minority report, equilibrium, etc. It never explicitly mentions it with self-referential bullshit (eg. memes) like fo3 or nv, but I wonder if that just flew over the entire audience to this game, considering only mouthbreathers were excited for this.
Still I got more than I expected, I expected skyrim with guns and I got what I would consider a fallout game without the text.
Top tier artistic direction tho, blows the shit out of the washed out burnt down garbage that was fo3 and nv, but it would be better if the graphics weren't shit and it didn't run like ass.
>>
>>340682125
>>340682326
my rig is 8 years old and i can run it on high setting with little to no frame rate drops
>>
>>340682774
Get a refund or you'll regret it later on
>>
>>340673550
Yes, it's easily the worst Fallout game. It's more of a "survival" game than an RPG at this point. Except without actual survival, just collecting shit, crafting, building and walking around dungeons shooting zombies.
>>
>>340682892
2 > 1 >> NV >> T >>> 3 >>>>>>>>>>> 4
>>
>>340683235
1 is too raw and primitive

>tactics
meh
>>
File: 1464355297460.gif (443 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
1464355297460.gif
443 KB, 400x296
Did anybody get their license revoked on Xbox one from yesterday yet?
>>
>>340683491
>meh
So we agree it's better than 3 then.

>too raw and primitive
Didn't feel raw and primitive back in the day
>>
>>340683491
fo1 and 2 are both the exact same level of "raw and primitive" considering they both look like shit and play like shit by modern standards.
>>
>>340683724
Just stay offline and beat it first, thing is I'm already bored with it so I don't care anymore. Shit is not fun opening all these things to get ammo and pressing a random dialogue button with doodoo combat running around for 5 minutes to get somewhere
>>
>>340683724
What happened?
>>
File: 1461032960164.png (843 KB, 1036x1036) Image search: [Google]
1461032960164.png
843 KB, 1036x1036
>yfw got this and all its DLC free last night
I'd never pay actual money for this shit but you'd be crazy not to jump on a glitch in the system that gives you $109 worth for free
>>
>>340675584
if fallout 4 was released when fallout 3 was it would be considered a masterpiece
but its the 3rd game of the 3d fps style and its clear theyve barely put effort into it
you expect more and while its slightly better than 3 it fails to deliver
the greatest compliment is well at least the shooting parts not shit now
>>
>>340683235
Everyone agreed that 2 was complete shit when It first released.

1 = NV > 2 >>> 3 > 4
>>
>>340683793
>So we agree it's better than 3 then.
Definitely

>Back in the day

Yes, but Tbh New Vegas felt like the true successor of 2 so it's gets the second place, 1 the third place for being a great prototype
>>340683837
>FO1 is the same as FO2

triggered
>>
>>340683871
Yeah I already took my console offline. Everything downloaded and looks good to go.
>>
>>340683959
>Its shit but I'll play it

Its either good or bad.

If its bad, even if its free why bother playing it
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>340683959
tfw when you download it for free but bored af already
>>
>>340683929
Fallout 4 and dlc were all free on Microsoft Store for 2 hours.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 510x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 510x720
>>340675547
Fuck off this is a radiant quest. OP, don't listen to these dipshits, in fo4 they made this thing called radiant quests which help you spend your base and influence over the region so of fucking course there won't be many choices to that. Another settlement needs your help meme never ends. Just don't make the same mistake people often do and don't rush the story, just explore and complete side quests etc. That's what fallout games were always good at. The story was always LSD shit about people being so retarded about their ideology they are willing to run full Melee at assault rifle- armed army, while wearing fuck knows where from obtained Roman Empire uniforms
>>
>>340684009
What are you on about, everyone loved it. Personally, I still prefered 1, I like the simplicity of it.
>>
F4 was an okay shooter. It's a garbage RPG due to voiced protag and lack of conversation options. Skill system promotes powerleveling instead of actually planning a build. None of the factions were very compelling but that's more subjective. Workshop system is a buggy mess.

That's all I have to say about that I guess.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160610-185103.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160610-185103.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
>>340683724
Nope.
>>
>>340684280
>F4IDF
>>
>>340684138
Because I don't know how I'd enjoy it but I certainly wouldn't take that risk on my financial budget. Now I can judge if it's true shit or just overblown by /v/
>>
>>340675547
it was so much more satisfying to shoot settlers in the face and take over their settlement by force rather than doing the go there kill everything quest to unlock this settlement
>>
>>340677260
all those locations and they still look shitty and brown. new vegas looks like ass.
>>
I don't recommend playing Fallout 4. It is mediocre, tons of mediocre quests/places, gunplay is fun. Has like 1-2 good companions.

It is not bad as /v/ states it to be tho.
>>
>>340684479
Nope. Fallout new Vegas was first and I believe that 2 would be the best if not for the graphics/ engine
>>
>>340673550
things Fallout 4 improved on previous Fallouts:
>Better Shooting
>improved visual design
things Fallout 4 did worse than previous Fallouts:
>All conversation options have 4 options, Always, even if they are just effectivly the same thing
>completely fucked over the Special system, Ruins the ability to Create a unique character and to Role Play.
>very little stat based conversation options, no more [science]/[barter] types of speech checks, the few there are all rolled based on your charisma stat and its shit

its fun to run around and shoot shit for a couple hours, after that its basically boring as fuck.
>>
>>340684974
What is wrong with the graphics ? Apart from items on the floor being almost unidentifiable it's pretty good
>>
You really can't overstate how fucking bad this game is. I don't give a fuck if Bethesda shits all over the Elder Scrolls series, that's theirs and they have a right to. But they are tarnishing the reputation of a series that simply does not fucking belong to them. Give Fallout to Obsidian for fucks sake, at least they clearly display a passion for what this franchise is and where it can go. This was such a blatant fucking cash grab, and it gets me unbelievably angry.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.