[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dotHack games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: dothackgames.jpg (103 KB, 452x716) Image search: [Google]
dothackgames.jpg
103 KB, 452x716
sup /v/

are they worth getting?
>>
>>340669293
Not really. Very samey, drawn out, a bit boring

Balling OST thoguh
>>
i only played Nethack, is these just as good?
>>
you mean like paying for? not unless you wanna collect the whole series or whatever

they're barely worth playing unless you have a thing for repetitive early gen ps2 rpgs/hack and slash

play the first one for a few hours, and if you want 100~ more hours of just that (no gameplay changes/improvements in the next 3 games) then play the rest of them
>>
>>340669293
As anything more than a collector item? No. The games are terrible to play now. They're repetitive even by JRPG standards. The pseudo-online interaction, while cool, is easily replicated by playing a real mmo.
>>
I got them physical to collect, and they are super comfy, but REALLY repetitive, I'd like it better if you didn't have to pause to use an ability. I think I'm halfway through 2, but I need to take month's break to cooldown because marathon will kill ya.
>>
CLANG
>>
BLOODY EGG
>>
>>340669293
I liked them. As others have pointed out the game doesn't evolve much past the first game but that's OK. It's an rpg and you're really buying story there's a ton of stuff to dig into if you give it the chance though.
If you like a more action focused version I would suggest the G.U. series. They're very good and while I liked the original series better I'm biased.
>>
>>340672913
CORD-E-CEPTS
>>
I recently bought all of them.

Set me back, like, $250 and I consider myself a lucky fuck for that. It's hard as shit finding them for decent prices. That goes double for Quarentine and GU vol. 3, so good luck if you plan on grabbing them.
>>
>>340673685
was it new or opened?
>>
>>340673685
my condolences
>>
>>340673851
They were used. Great condition, though.

>>340673902
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I own them now.
>>
Got them all on release. I'm nostalgic as fuck for the series, but they are very repetitive. The lore is very interesting and the setting is unique, and the eerie sense of mystery persists throughout. As for the first 4, it's safe to consider them all one game, nothing changes much between them and all together they add up to the length of one meaty rpg. //G.U. has better combat but the story/characters take a dive in my opinion, and you'll spend half your time fighting in some fucking tournament that's boring after the first game. Also IMOQ make up my favorite vidya OST of all time.
>>
>>340674541
Also, I've heard they emulate well, so if you want to play them without breaking the bank just do that - but if you collect they make a kick ass shelf display. Usually set them up right under Lunar 1 & 2 complete for maximum shelf sexy.
>>
>>340669905
Best OST is damn right
>>
>>340669905
>>340674904
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYcrt8bvAmg
>>
File: 1454771270425.jpg (40 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1454771270425.jpg
40 KB, 640x360
Why don't they just port them to steam like they did with disgea? It would be guaranteed sucess. I would play them but I can't into emulation and I'm not buying a PS2.
>>
does anyone know the name of this song

http://eyeonanime.com/hacksign/hacksign-episode-11/

At the start where he is running in the forest.
>>
>>340675336
Scamco doesn't port older games because they''re lazy. ToS was an exception because they wanted people to buy the worst Tales game .
>>
I have fond memories of watching that show and pretending to understand it.
>>
Guys, black rose or terajima ryoko
>>
>>340675617
Try looking here.
http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/dot-hack-sign

>>340676087
Black Rose
>>
File: gardenia.jpg (733 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
gardenia.jpg
733 KB, 1200x1200
>>340676087
Gardenia
>>
>playing .hack//IMOQ for the gameplay
I'd only recomend the games if you really want to enjoy a good story and a well fleshed out universe. Seriously the games have in my opinion some of the best world building and fluff I've seen in vidya.
>>
File: 1451137744851.jpg (62 KB, 530x800) Image search: [Google]
1451137744851.jpg
62 KB, 530x800
>still no immersive VR MMORPG
>>
>>340676212
ok ty chief
>>
>>340673685

Or you could buy a modded ps2 for 40 bucks and run the respective isos.

I cant image why someone would put 250 bucks on a game. you arent even supporting the devs, just giving some fat ass who bought it first a shit load of money.
>>
>No one on /v/ plays the MMO through PCSX2
>>
>>340677374
he didnt spend $250 on one game
>>
>>340675002
Fuck, that brings back memories.

I never got the play the 4th one though, I can't remember why.
>>
>>340677374
>I cant image why someone would put 250 bucks on a game.

Not a game, a series of games. Also, you make it out to sound like I'm doing it for someone other than myself. I bought them because I wanted physical copies of a series I had interest in. Is that so wrong? I didn't take it out of my life savings either.

But I probably will mod my PS2 sooner or later to play games I wouldn't/ don't feel like spending cash on.
>>
>>340677613
tell me more
>>
File: more.gif (941 KB, 627x502) Image search: [Google]
more.gif
941 KB, 627x502
>>340678549
>>
>>340678549
Dot Hack fragment was a short lived MMO style game based on the original dot hack series, you can find out how to host a server and how to join them through a quick google search.
You can finally play something other than twin blades, I personally play whatever class piros is
>>
>>340679036
is there an active community or it's just with friends? does the game have any plot with glitches and creepy shit?
>>
>>340669293
post best girls
>>
>>340679569
Community is relatively dead, I honestly found the game through a youtuber, he plays with a lot of his people on Friday.
Plot isn't exactly there you can get quests and shit but it's mostly just like playing the game itself
>>
>>340679569
It's just dungeon crawling with chat in towns
>>
>>340677989
>owning ps2 games at this point
you could easily emulate them just fine

did this with Hack G.U., because they never released them in europe
>>
>>340676307
T H I S
>>
>>340673685

Please tell me they at least came with the anime dvd's.
>>
>>340683208
Of course they did. DVDs, manuals, the whole shebang.

Why is everyone trying to bust my balls?
>>
>>340683485
Don't listen to passionless poorfags with ugly shelves anon, line those babies up on a nice piece of real estate in your collection and collect jellyfag tears.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.