[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My MX 518 is finally having some issues (scroll wheel only works
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 71dUugIzXpL._SL1500_.jpg (145 KB, 1500x991) Image search: [Google]
71dUugIzXpL._SL1500_.jpg
145 KB, 1500x991
My MX 518 is finally having some issues (scroll wheel only works about 75% of the time)

I can live with it for now but am looking at getting another mouse. Something similar if possible, I dont need much other than two thumb buttons as I've gotten used to those.

Any suggestions? I have 30 bucks in amazon credit and am willing to spend some more if its something really good.
>>
The problem with most mice, especially something as old as the 518, is that tons of dust and hair gets in the inside and gets in the contact points. If you're comfortable taking the mouse apart, you can clean out the scroll wheel and where it comes in contact with the wheel mechanism. That would make it work properly, and you won't have to buy a new mouse.
>>
>>340667180
I haven't done that before but willing to give it a shot. Was planning on getting a new one anyway.I'm sure I can find a guide or something. Worse that could happen is I have to use some basic mouse until I buy a new one.
>>
>>340667390
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Logitech+MX518+Gaming+Mouse+Scroll+wheel+replacement+for+cleaning/28723
Skip the canned air and use qtips with 92% rubbing alcohol to clean any dirty areas, and remember to let it air dry completely.
>>
File: 1406503594127.png (600 KB, 500x626) Image search: [Google]
1406503594127.png
600 KB, 500x626
>>340668158
>https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Logitech+MX518+Gaming+Mouse+Scroll+wheel+replacement+for+cleaning/28723

thanks m8. seems easy enough. will try this weekend.
>>
Open your mousefu and clean it, i had the same pb.
There is tuto on YT.

Have mine for 8 years and i still love her.
>>
File: gunk.jpg (299 KB, 1768x872) Image search: [Google]
gunk.jpg
299 KB, 1768x872
>>340666524

did your MX 518 collect gunk also?

Pic related is how mine got all the time.
>>
>>340669951
This is why g400 is infinitely superior to MX518
>>
>>340669951
It does, I clean it on occasion when it starts looking gross.
>>
>>340666524
Clean it like all the other faggots suggested. The MX 518 is objectively the best mouse in existance. Keep it as long as you can.
>>
This is what I replaced mine with. Works okay, got it for like $25 off amazon.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/corded-mouse-m500
>>
>>340669951

No. Mine has never looked that bad and I've had it for 9+ years now.

Wash your hands, you disgusting fuck.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.