[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Cutscene King
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
What games have the best "acting" during in-game cinematics?
>>
Alan Wake
>>
>>340666340
uncharted 4

i was actually surprised they were really in-game cutscenes because changing your characters skin still shows up during those cutscenes.

that wasnt the case in previous uncharted games. those cutscenes were in game graphics but were still pre-rendered.

too bad they got rid of dounut drake, would have loved to see that during some of the cutscenes.
>>
File: 1432835677370.jpg (522 KB, 626x2720) Image search: [Google]
1432835677370.jpg
522 KB, 626x2720
>>340666340
Many games have good voice acting these days. It's just that the accompanying animations are unnatural (if animated at all), and only a few games are doing simultaneous voice/mocap.

So I'd say it depends on what you consider "acting" in video games. If it needs everything, then yeah Uncharted is only one of few games that even do it, which is probably why you made this thread, right?

Still, I'd say Last of Us has better acting than Uncharted.
>>
GTA V for sure.
I thought Max Payne 3's acting was corny and tried way too hard, but technically it looked fantastic.

>>340666449
Alan Wake was okay for the time, but it was not as good as it wanted to be. Barry was silly and annoying.
https://youtu.be/FvOyl_glVZg?t=1904

What about Quantum Break? Is CIA as bad an actor in the game as he is in real life?
>>
File: CIA.png (355 KB, 603x542) Image search: [Google]
CIA.png
355 KB, 603x542
How is this a question
>>
I thought the new Shadow Warrior was quite good with cutscene stuff, particularly with gesturing and body movements. It felt very natural
>>
>>340666961
I got the idea for this thread because I was impressed with Uncharted's cutscenes, yes, but the thread is not about Uncharted and U4 is certainly not the definitive king of cutscenes. There are tons of games with movie-quality in-game cinematics (like Quantum Break or The Witcher), and what makes cutscene acting "good" is quite subjective based on who you ask. So I expect a lot of different answers
>>
Hear me out but Life is Strange was alright lots of emotion and everything
>>
>>340667675
really? Can you post a YT link to an example?
>>
Resident Evil 2
>>
Last Of Us was incredible with this regard along with voice acting.

Say what you will about NDs gameplay and replayability but they have good voice acting and directing. Still mediocre games
>>
Most things from Legacy of Kain
>>
>>340669980
Good one. Seriously though that made me realize that most of my favorite Japanese games have shallow, cliche or mediocre cutscene acting. What are some of the exceptions?
>>
>>340666340
Wasn't that supposed to be LA Noire's claim to fame?
>>
>>340668592
if a walking sim like that had bad acting during its endless cutscenes, it would have nothing going for it whatsoever. I dont consider "games" like that so bad as long as people admit that they're just trying to get the same kind of entertainment out of them as they would watching a TV series or movie.
>>
File: Aidain-Gillen-in-Quantum-Break.jpg (75 KB, 1279x678) Image search: [Google]
Aidain-Gillen-in-Quantum-Break.jpg
75 KB, 1279x678
>>340667472
>>
>>340666340
Witcher 3
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.