[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the exact reason Team Fortress 2 died? Nightmare difficulty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 23
File: 506602962_preview_TF2.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
506602962_preview_TF2.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
What was the exact reason Team Fortress 2 died?

Nightmare difficulty Don't mention Overwatch

Hell difficulty Don't mention the game going free to play
>>
>>340664519
It's old and people got tired of it
>>
It got boring and repetetive.

Personally, I dropped it after three months and never returned. I'm surprised hats kept that many players interested for so long.
>>
>>340664519
One of the top games on steam.

No where near dead.
>>
It didn't.
>>
>>340664519
It isn't as dead as Overwatch though.

Have you seen the Overwatch "hit boxes"?
JUST
>>
File: notdead.jpg (406 KB, 1799x1032) Image search: [Google]
notdead.jpg
406 KB, 1799x1032
>>340664519
>dead
>>
TF2 is still fun as fuck.
My only complaint is that I'm an oldfag who doesn't know what all of these newfangled weapons do.
>>
>>340665365
>that many people play Civ 5
what the fug
>>
>>340665365
Man I didn't think ARK had that many players still
>>
>>340664801
http://store.steampowered.com/stats
This guy tells the truth.

And unfortunately, steamcharts doesn't tell us anything past 2012, so we cant say for sure how popular it was.

http://steamcharts.com/app/440#All
As long as they do big updates, it'll probably temporariy reach 100K and then steady back to 70K
>>
>>340665740
This is my complaint too.
Having 1 or 2 set of weapons means you know what every class is probably using

Now, i can't tell what kind of heavy that heavy is gonna be. Also creates balance problem, no way The Machina is balanced.
>>
>>340664519
it didn't die, in fact overhyped barely shifted its daily player count. fuck off with your misinformation, blizz shill
>>
>>340666076
that's the thing, the big updates are just gonna

A. Take way too long to create and develop
B. If they do rush the updates, they will be shitty

It's slowly gonna die.
>>
Because it's nine years old. It's just natural for interest to wane over time.
>>
It runs like shit
Developers don't care about it, don't fix problems
The worst fucking online community imaginable (children, furries, autists, homosexuals, mentally unstable people)

I regret not cashing out my $500 dollar virtual wealth. now trading is a fucking hassle
>>
>>340666332
>A. Take way too long to create and develop
>B. If they do rush the updates, they will be shitty
>It's slowly gonna die.
source other than your own ass please

of course all games slowly die, that doesn't mean to say we won't get another 5/6 years out of matchmaking.
>>
>>340666537
>Developers don't care about it, don't fix problems
there's a fucking huge update in the works right now, and there was a bug patch for heavy melee textures just this Tuesday
>>
>>340666537

It runs like shit, yes, but now the whole gaming community is full of awful people not only tf2.
>>
>>340666332
What? Your post is ridiculous. Why would updates be harder to make now than before?
Make the top-notch quality maps, make stupid weapons that nobody will use in 3 months, there you go.

And the game isnt even slowly dying because it peaked minimum already
>>
It's literally impossible to not mention Overwatch because that really is the reason.

Aside from a continually dwindling playerbase from being a nearly decade old game, Overwatch finally provided a successor. A game that is just tangentially similar enough to pull players who enjoyed TF2 at a casual level.

>casual
This is really the most important part of the comparison that people seem to ignore. Everyone goes around saying OW can't succeed TF2 because there isn't insane rocket jumps in it or the competitive scene isn't as interesting but literally like half of half a percent bothered with TF2's competitive scene. I can gurantee you there were more people playing 2fort and TF2ware than there were people in legitimate high level server games.
>>
>>340666690
is there? i haven't paid attention to tf2 in like 6 months
played for fifteen minutes last week only to find that the matchmaking mode is still not implemented
>>
>>340666721

Valve is trying to balance the whole game to be competitive, they want to feature every single weapon in comp, adding more would only be counter productive.
>>
>>340666909
no matter what valve does, tf2 will never reach the status of competitive esport like cs does, and they're aware of this too, which is why cs gets more attention
>>
>>340664519
>Nightmare difficulty Don't mention Overwatch
>Hell difficulty Don't mention the game going free to play

Hats.
>>
>boring and repetitive
>hasn't been given a proper update in a very long time
>instead of getting updated with new weapons, gameplay modes, or even a new class, we get fan submitted cosmetics from the workshop, not even official ones anymore.
>no attention to story/lore/comics anymore, which did attract a sizable portion of the fanbase who loved the Meet the Team videos and comics
>horrible playerbase and even worse economy

Mind you, the contracts game mode did help reinvigorate for a bit, but it's not enough. It's clear Valve is only putting in the bare minimum to keep the game alive and that they'd much rather be working on DOTA2.
>>
>>340667098
Hats rekindled TF2

People forget that there was a year or two where TF2 was dying incredibly quickly. It going F2P and having cosmetics is actually what brought it back.
>>
Lack of new weapons and greater gap between content patches.

Back in 2008-2012 the game pumped out major content updates every three months or so, and each update introduced new weapons, balance, maps, etc.

Now we get like three updates a year that actually add stuff that isnt cosmetics, and the devs have clearly shifted focus from TF2 to CS:GO or whatever future product like Source 2 Valve is working on, because Valve has traditionally pooled devs from one game to another when they are working on something new
>>
>>340664519
Hats
>>
>>340664519
Shit optimization and shit weapon balance
>>
Valve prioritized cosmetics over gameplay and now even new cosmetics take forever to come out. What other multiplayer game can keep players around when they can go over half a year without a major update?
>>
File: 1230589521130.jpg (104 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
1230589521130.jpg
104 KB, 600x402
Was fun 5 years ago but it got stale. Overwatch is the sequel Valve should have made, if they weren't too busy jacking off over hats.
>>
File: 1465586104958.jpg (36 KB, 340x324) Image search: [Google]
1465586104958.jpg
36 KB, 340x324
F2P 'n' Overwatch

playing this thread on normal
>>
>>340667187
if you start adding too much random shit the game becomes harder and harder to balance, just look at league of course the comparison is not really fair but since they have been adding random champions just because the balance became one big shitfest.
>>
Fuck tf2
I want to play Overwatch instead but it's not f2p
>>
>>340667171
I would rather it have died gracefully than become the BR and faggot infested F2P zombie it is today
>>
Glut of weapons and cosmetics ruined the direction and balance of the game

Going f2p actually helped, but was a sign of the beginning of the end. It was dead before overwatxh
>>
>>340664519
pony fuckers and hats and Onii-senpai.
>>
The best way Valve could fix the game at this point would be to hold an official tourney when competitive matchmaking starts. The winners get signed on to vote on new weapons to add to the game, and get to stat them out with help from the content creator.
>>
Lack of big updates. Love playing vanilla TF2 on consoles though
>>
>>340667451
The game is already poorly balanced, and LoL remains popular because it releases a new hero like every two weeks.

People always were excited for TF2 updates because that meant new weapons, even if the weapon was a bit underwhelming it was fun to try new stuff and make the most of it, like the Neon Annhilator and the Pyroshark
>>
>>340667134

Make contracts free for premiums, they get money from keys anyway. No reason to ask that much when you find fucking crates from contracs.
>>
>>340668190
>Tf2 is poorly balanced.
sorry for replying seriously, I didn't realize you only wanted some (you)s
>>
>>340666852
>dwindling playerbase
>Overwatch finally provided a successor. A game that is just tangentially similar enough to pull players who enjoyed TF2 at a casual level
The TF2 playerbase hasnt changed much in the last 5 years and it has almost exactly the same amount of players today as the weeks before Overwatch was released.
stop trying to create drama.
>>
>>340666852
tf2's daily playercount stayed level with OW's release, and it remained the third most played game on steam. OW did not replace it and it isn't dying. Don't fall for shitposter propaganda, dude.

>>340666874
Yep, confirmed by the competitive player b4nny, Valve let him inside their HQ to look at what they are working on and give his opinion. Check his twitter feed around this post https://twitter.com/4G_b4nny/status/729824004215689217
>>
It's just not fun anymore. There's nothing to discuss and nothing to really play except the same old game modes. Every time this is brought up, people who are still obsessed with the game sperg out and try to plug up their ears b-becase M-Matchmaking is coming out and t-that'll s-s-save it! Not seeming to realize that Matchmaking will just be putting a bandaid over the hole lack of consistently good updates has caused.

I loved TF2, it was my favorite game for a long time, but it just can't compete with the newer market of team-based games in a meaningful way anymore. It's not a shooter/team game, it's a dress up game and economy simulator, and not even a fun one.
>>
>>340666076
This is a bullshit statistic. What's 60,000 players good for when literally 90% of them are either underage, South American/Russian/Chinese in American Valve servers(150+ to 400 ping), or in trade/idle servers aka not a part of "real" tf2. Not to mention people who exclusively play at tf2center.

60,000 players accounts for literally nothing. Financially the game is not dead and Valve still makes money off it. At it's core the community and the game itself could not be more dead.
>>
>>340668335
It is though. Lots of underpowered weapons, Spy and Pyro underpowerd, Soldier still the jack of all trades master of all class, Valve overnerfing many weapons like DR, axtinguisher, all of Scouts primary unlocks, Demoman stickies, etc
>>
>>340668340
you haven't played for 5 years see>>340668523

5 years ago there were many named pubs. You could get on after midnight and actually play against competent Americans. The only people playing this game are children and people from 3rd world countries.
>>
>>340668663
>Pyro underpowerd

Literally the only class with active mitigation on no fucking cool down.

Literally the only class with a 100% win rate matchup on 2/9 classes.

Literally the 2nd fastest class in the game(Powerjack)

Literally the 3rd highest healthpool in game.

>underpowered

Spy gets 2 lives as well, something no other class can do.

Kill yourself my man. People like you is why the community is so fucking garbage.
>>
>>340668197
Honestly, the contracts were what made me lose hope in this game. It's yet another update that revolves around microtransactions. You can't even say they're optional; you literally put forth effort to unlock a crate that needs, surprise surprise, a key. It's the same principle the Mann vs Machine mode had where buying a key or a ticket is necessary to play the mode.

It's just a shallow moneymaking racket. They get enough cash from the store from keys and cosmetics. Why do they have to pull this shit now?
>>
It didn't die, it just started loosing its glow.
My pick?
The update that made cosmetics in the store craftable, that DESTROYED the economy in the long run, and it kind of removed the magic with hats.
Also, shitty, unthoughtout updates that decreased the quality of the game.
>>
So much blizzard faggotry
>>
>>340668992
Not that guy but I agree with him. There's a blatant bias with which classes Valve favors because they're the ones with an abundance of overpowered, varied weapons while many of the other classes who could use more (Pyro, Medic) get nothing.

There's literally no reason to play anyone but Soldier or Demo in this game and that really sucks.
>>
>>340669451
>soldier and demo are guaranteed new weapons
>scout and sniper get nice stuff every now and then
>pyro and medic if they're lucky
>engineer barely even gets new hats let alone any new weapons
>>
>>340669451
>There's literally no reason to play anyone but Soldier or Demo

If all the classes were as good as Soldier or Demo there would be no reason to play anyone at all.

If there are winners there are losers. Pyro is a support class meant to make a Spy's job easier thus helping the Medic/Engi and friends live longer.

Why is this hard to understand? Absolutely not a single fucking thing about Pyro or Spy are the least bit underpowered. Pyro shits on Soldiers/Demos completely, has good chance to outshotgun a Scout or can heckle Snipers with Flares.

Hell, Pyro's only bad matchup is fucking Spy of all things. Or a Scout who knows how to kite.
>>
>>340664519
>Don't mention the two biggest reasons :^)
>>
File: 1308863240843.png (379 KB, 612x455) Image search: [Google]
1308863240843.png
379 KB, 612x455
>>340669451
Soldier and Demo are the only classes with weapons that give them completely new play styles, too. You aren't going to see that same level of variety with the others.
>>
>>340670002
>spy's job easier
>meant to say harder
>>
>>340664519
Age did.
We overplayed it.
>>
>>340670202
Medic has the vacinator and crossbow
Sniper has the huntsman
Engi has gun slinger

I wish they would give heavy a new primary that was that different
>>
>>340670202
What Soldier weapon changes his play style greatly? Surely you jest if you're talking about the airshot magnet that is the Air Strike.

Demoknighting is pretty fun against scrubs though.
>>
>more discussion of tf2 in a /v/ thread than the tf2 general thread on /vg/
top kek
>>
OFFICIAL 2016 TF2 CLASS FUN-NESS POWER RANKINGS

1. Soldier
2. Scout
3. Sniper
4. Demo
5. Heavy
6. Pyro
7. Medic
8. Engineer
9. Spy
>>
Valve gave up on it for DOTA 2 and VR.
>>
>10 months since the last comic
>>
>>340668763
>5 years ago there were many named pubs
yes, and? Valve killed unofficial pubs with quickplay, thats true but just because the game isnt exactly the way you liked it 5 years ago doesnt mean its dying. There are more players, idling is dead and overwatch hasnt even made a dent in the tf2 playerbase.
>you haven't played for 5 years
if you're gona argue with "lul you didnt play it" then I might aswell reply with "no, u".
again, stop trying to create drama where there is none.
>>
it took valve how ever many years to figure out people might be willing to play the game in a different format from pubs for the sake of making the game more fast paced and increasing how much impact you can have on the outcome of a match if you decide to put effort into improving. I have played all the top esports games for 1000 hours each and tf2 was.the most rewarding to me by far. unfourtunatly its admittedly a bad spectator game.
>>
>>340670835
>Spy at last
Oh wee, someone sure is shit at spy.
>>
File: 1465540418756.jpg (57 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1465540418756.jpg
57 KB, 300x300
I tried playing this shit last night and all the servers were 400 ping with 0-2/X players playing. Where is everyone? Are matchmaking servers separate from the server browser? I don't know how it works.
>>
>>340671246
>yes, and? Valve killed unofficial pubs with quickplay,

I found my first named pub with quickplay. Unless they changed it, quickplay picks any compatible server not Valve only servers.

>if you're gona argue with "lul you didnt play it" then I might aswell reply with "no, u".

I didn't bring it up for senseless elitsm or to "create drama". I brought it up for the simple fact that server list 5 years ago and now were very different.

> idling is dead and overwatch hasnt even made a dent in the tf2 playerbase.

Idling is not dead. Automated idling is. There are still idle servers and people still idle and trade servers, Mario Kart and the like, are considered idle servers in my eyes.

As for overwatch I previously mentioned the playerbase is nothing but a number. Out of the 60,000 maybe 1,000 are scoring more than 10 points per round. Just get on after 12:00am EST. It's fucking awful.
>>
>>340672008
At the moment match making is in beta, and you need a pass to play.
Yes they are separate did you expect drop in and drop out for match making?

>>340672286
Nocrit makes your server not compatible with quickplay.
>>
>>340672452
Are you sure about the quickplay thing? There's advanced options that let you search for no crit. Are you absolutely sure what you're talking about?

At any rate, not that many pubs ran no crit. Named pubs are still out there they were just everywhere during the Uber update and through most of 2013.
>>
File: 1427845326924.gif (800 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1427845326924.gif
800 KB, 220x220
>>340664638
That's pretty accurate
>>
>>340672865
If it's not default people don't change it. Quickplay is for people who can't into the server browser.

I also hate how most of the network of pubs are awful.
Team-cream and skial need to die.
Skial has some afk manager were bots take over your account and play for you, so you think you are joining a server with 15 players but there are really only 3.
Team-cream uses seeder accounts that just sit in spec and reconnect every so often so you can't see it from the server browser.
>>
>>340672286
>I found my first named pub with quickplay. Unless they changed it, quickplay picks any compatible server not Valve only servers.
They DID change it, you can still use it to find non-valve servers but by default it only searches for valve servers and this is why most other servers died out, I wouldnt be surprised if that was their intention.
>I didn't bring it up for senseless elitsm or to "create drama". I brought it up for the simple fact that server list 5 years ago and now were very different.
Like I said, there is nothing wrong with this.
>Idling is not dead. Automated idling is. There are still idle servers and people still idle and trade servers, Mario Kart and the like, are considered idle servers in my eyes.
Yes Valve killed Automatic idling long ago but I meant that normal idling is basicaly dead because despite what people here try to tell you very few people do it anymore because of the fact that you dont earn anything doing it anymore. Have you seen the economy the last few years? There are no rare drops anymore and the value of whatever you find is so low its negated by your electricity bill for running the game.
>>
File: mace.png (494 KB, 471x534) Image search: [Google]
mace.png
494 KB, 471x534
It hasn't died, this is a trick question
>>
TF2 won't die for at least a few years, but they definitely shat on it hard.

>particle effects, particle effects, and more particle effects -- who cares that this game used to run on toasters and was originally designed to give everyone a smooth experience so everyone's on the same level
>in fact, let's just make some cosmetics blur the team colors
>let's add in colorful weapons covered in dildos so it's harder to see what an enemy is using from afar

And then you have cancerous pub players with their youtube memes, "don't shoot, I'm friendly Heavy" waste of slot garbage, and all the horseshit surrounding the economy. You have people going afk to trade, people talking about hats instead of what is happening in-game, etc.
>>
>>340673390
>Skial

Late at night they are alright. I think they have a ping filter that filters out the 3rd world country dudes that pollute Valve servers. It does not get all of them though.

>team cream

Agree completely. I blacklist the ones with fake player counts when I see them. The hightower one was especially bad.

>>340673446
Check out the server list though. For whatever reason, idle servers are still quite populated albeit less than it used to be. There's still up to a dozen or so that stay full.
>>
>>340669451
>There's literally no reason to play anyone but Soldier or Demo in this game and that really sucks

this is flat out wrong. see any 6s PoV as to why. Medics are a vital component to every team and even pubbies know this, which was the first hint that you were wrong. Scouts are currently the strongest class in the game and topfrag in 6s and secondfrag in HL.
>>
>>340664519
Valve not caring about it as much as CS:GO and DOTA.
It's not surprising, considering the game is literally a decade old, but you'd think with all the money it brings in they'd at least try to put something better than a skeleton crew on it to keep it supplied with quality content on a regular basis.

I wouldn't say the game is DEAD, but I certainly play it less than I used to. I love the contracts, since they encourage playing the game in ways you might not have considered, but the drought of new maps and weapons has really kneecapped anything beyond a casual interest in it for me these days.
>>
>>340674472
Skial having bots play that don't have the bot tag is the same as faking player count.
Fuck them.
>>
I have about 450 hours in TF2. I play it on and off every year for a bit. It definitely gets boring, but it's very well-balanced and never feels unfair or broken to me. Lots of other MP games just don't work right, so it's nice to have TF2 for that rare multiplayer FPS itch.
>>
>>340666332
Giant updates work fine for games

See terraria
>>
>>340674862
You can check the player list before connecting and look for the AFK tag though. I know what you mean and don't disagree that they're shit. But they're not always there.

If you don't play at like 3 am it's irrelevant to you either way.
>>
File: 1409276934845.gif (50 KB, 404x350) Image search: [Google]
1409276934845.gif
50 KB, 404x350
>>340664519
>Third most played game on steam
>Dead
>>
>>340675149
True enough, but I shouldn't have to check a server to see if they are telling me the amount of players on the server is actually right.

I just refuse to support them by ever playing on their servers.
>>
>>340664519
it's not dead
>>
>>340664519
It's still really popular but there's plenty of issues. The game used to be very easy to run and now runs like crap. Since F2P, the quality of players dropped a lot. Oftentimes it seems like half of the players on both teams don't know much about the game. Adding matchmaking also got rid of a lot of community servers and Valve's servers aren't even good.
>>
Hats and the new weapons just killed the game for me. I've seen streams of it now and can't recognize it for shit.

>had the L4D2 pre-order hat
>some BR paid me $400 for it on Steam
>>
>>340664519
Lack of valve support killed it, they haven't touch it for like year or two straight after it went f2p. Weapon balance is still dogshit after all those years and valve don't give a single damn. A lot of maps are really bad and one sided.

They only were adding hats and shitty halloween events every year just to get more money from hats.
>>
Hats.
>>
>tfw you didn't cash in on your inventory at the time
I wish I sold bills hat when it was worth something
>>
>>340668663
This.
>Spy, Sniper, and Pyro aren't viable in comp
>Demo has few explosive options
>New weapons make Medic pair better with Soldier than Heavy
>Seriously, Soldier is by far the best class
>5% of Pyro players actually play as a flank/ambush class, extinguish teammates, and hunt Spies, everyone else is Puff Sting kiddies who go for 1337 killstreaks with their overpowered training wheels kill combos
>Many weapons (Dead Ringer, Degreaser, etc.) encourage poor play/strategy, rather than working to encourage team play and strategy (Sydney Sleeper, Buff Banner, Homewrecker)
>Scout has like 2 viable primary weapons out of like half a dozen options

It's still a fun game, but fuck is it in need of some serious fine-tuning.
>>
>>340664519
>Don't mention the game going free to play

Literally impossible.

It is the biggest reason it went to hell.
>>
>>340671063
BI-MONTHLY :^)
>>
>>340669738
>Heavy gets no new Shotguns
>Heavy gets no new Miniguns
>Heavy gets no new Food
>Heavy gets no new Weapons
>Unless it's a GRU/Fists reskin

Part of me doesn't mind, because the Heavy has some of the most perfect weapons in the game (Iron Curtain, Huo Long Heater, Sandvich), but fuck man, my favorite class is just barren when it comes to new gameplay options.
>>
this is another shill thread

I will be somewhat funny when overshill drops below 50k and tf2 wins the popularity contest permanently

it wont happen right away because of the power of advertising, but it will happen, because overshill is casual and poorly balanced
>>
>>340670835
>Engie, Medic, Spy, and Heavy at the bottom
kek, here's your (you)
>>
>>340671063
Like, part of me doesn't really mind, because those comics are goddamn gold, but fuck man, it's practically a yearly event at this point.
>>
>>340674165
>"don't shoot, I'm friendly Heavy"
I make it my job to hunt these fuckers down and harass them until they quit.
Literally the worst cancer there ever was.
>>
>>340670835
>1. Soldier
>2. Scout

The rest don't even matter. Good list.
>>
>>340678880
Is that why the few people mentioning Overwatch are insecure drones and most people are actually discussing the faults of TF2?
>>
Valve now have turned TF2 into a self sustaining money maker and it's disgusting to see people support that at this point. If they still added their own content I wouldn't mind it though.
>>
lack of engies
>>
File: water poyo.gif (153 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
water poyo.gif
153 KB, 500x362
>>340664519
TF2 is dead because literally everyone involved with it just got sick and tired of everything, including Valve, who had to keep the whole thing together in the first place.

Over the game's 9-year life cycle, metagame and competitive play has been almost nonexistent. Combinations and counters are hardly a thing, and 12v12 means there's going to be shit going on everywhere.

The ultimate result of all of this is that every single match is just players throwing themselves at each other until one team gives in. That's how it's been for nine goddamn years, and that's how it's probably going to be until the last TF2 server shuts down.

Pic very unrelated.
>>
File: 1462380736743.jpg (10 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
1462380736743.jpg
10 KB, 285x298
>because I don't play it anymore, it's dead

Regularly one of the most played games on Steam. Get it together OP.
>>
>>340678880
Enjoy your (You)
>>
>>340665974
Even normies play it
>>
>>340666076
>there is still a ton of people playing gmod
nice to see
>>340681610
Fucking how? Even on good rigs that game runs like piss, I can't imagine it being fun getting 12fps on low.
>>
File: 50Men.jpg (39 KB, 485x488) Image search: [Google]
50Men.jpg
39 KB, 485x488
Team Fortress 3 when?
>>
File: file.png (132 KB, 814x357) Image search: [Google]
file.png
132 KB, 814x357
>>340666852
>>340666852
>Aside from a continually dwindling playerbase from being a nearly decade old game, Overwatch finally provided a successor. A game that is just tangentially similar enough to pull players who enjoyed TF2 at a casual level.
This is such a retarded argument because it's baseless in the face of evidence.

>9% drop in players the week OW comes out
>still isn't below its previous average
>>
>>340681773
Consoles senpai
>>
File: mug-dorf.jpg (7 KB, 231x250) Image search: [Google]
mug-dorf.jpg
7 KB, 231x250
I have no stake in this thread but
>mfw I regularly play SS13 and DF which have both been played almost as long as the original Team Fortress and read people say its old therefore its bad

only 4u
there are new people playing every day
>>
File: soldier toilet tf2.png (96 KB, 172x267) Image search: [Google]
soldier toilet tf2.png
96 KB, 172x267
get in here and play you fags
connect 192.223.24.203:27015
>>
>>340680741
>f2p
>runs on calculators
>doesn't require intense degrees of skill

>updates are slow and usually community content
>filled with preteens and third-worlders
>hasn't been relevant in the industry for a long, long time

TF2 is dead m8
>>
>>340682424
Is this one of those vanilla-only nocrits nohats safespaces?
>>
>>340682610
no, you can even micspam if you know how to
>>
I remember when this game came out and it had a relatively mature community, but it's pure cancer these days. Everyone just gets super upset when you kill them and tries to counter pick you.
>>
File: 1463344464543.jpg (418 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1463344464543.jpg
418 KB, 1366x768
>>340664519
>What was the exact reason Team Fortress 2 died?
The way how they went too far, too fucking far with all the cosmetic shit, crates, and hats and every other fucking disgusting bullshit they have added.

Anyone who says otherwise can fuck off.

Valve is fucking dead and Gace Newell is a pretentious old liar cunt who doesn't give literal two shit about nothing but money he makes off retards and steam.
>>
Mann Co update.
>>
>>340682463
>trying to belittle the player count with irrelevant points

once again, just because you don't play it anymore doesn't mean it's dead
>>
>>340665841
civ 5 has had a ton of gamers for years my man
>>
>>340670835
>heavy below scout and sniper
Entire /v/ is babies!
soldiers, demos, heavies, and a medic or two win games, the others just run around cleaning up or exploiting opportunities.
>>
>>340664519
> 3rd most popular game of Steam
> Dead

No.
>>
>>340664519
>Graded cases
>Quickplay killing community servers
>sv_pure on valve servers
>>
File: 1458358105500.jpg (799 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458358105500.jpg
799 KB, 1080x1080
>>340683909
>Steam
>Alive
>>
When they introduced item drops

literally the exact moment
>>
Hat simulation is no longer fun
>>
File: teehee.gif (1 MB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
teehee.gif
1 MB, 165x115
>>340666852
Just checking player numbers on steamcharts proves you wrong, kiddo. >>340681960

ow has players from all audiences, because muh hype.
>>
>>340664519
Lack of direction
Lack of new content besides store gimmicks and costumes.

Lack of humor, competence, and intelligence of neo-valve staff.
>>
>>340664519
One word: hats. Should be the Donte Must Die difficulty level.
>>
>>340683909
>3rd most popular game on a dead platform!!!

okay?
>>
File: 1426250518401.jpg (24 KB, 264x239) Image search: [Google]
1426250518401.jpg
24 KB, 264x239
>>340664519
>invaded by furries
>cringy players whose identity revolves around their main
>people circlejerking their pixels into the 1000+ dollar range and beyond
>sniper and scout balance issues, any skilled player can torment the other team effortlessly
>lack of updates
>performance issues
>bind spamming
>lime paint
>unusual taunts
>tradefags jewing people by buying to-be all class hats
>>
>>340675442
>now runs like crap
No it doesn't, just don't play it on a potato, ez
>>
>>340664519
No competitive matchmaking.
>>
>>340680364
The way you talk makes it seem you believe you know what you're talking about
You don't
>>
>>340685825
prove it.
>>
Noticed everytime theres an overwatch thread the team fortress poorfags come out. Just saying over watch triggers them. Just face it faggots your game is dead already and only played by people that can't afford anything else.
>>
>>340664519
Quickplay strangled a lot of community servers.
TF2 isn't dead though.
>>
>>340687657
I wonder if that has to do with there being at least 10 concurrent overwatch threads at all times because the game just released
>>
>>340687515
have you played tf2 in the last 4 years?
>>
File: 1343234905795.png (404 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1343234905795.png
404 KB, 853x480
>>340687515
It appears that you don't even play TF2. Try playing it longer for 10 minutes, faggot.
>>
>>340664519
It 'died' the moment they lost sight of the original vision

Valve using it as a guinea pig was just nails in the coffin
>>
>>340685825
7/10 of those are easily avoided/ignored
skilled players dominating pubs is indicative of high skill ceiling, which is good, also git gud
lack of updates isn't really true, a huge update is coming up soon
performance is a legitimate criticism (although there are plenty of configs to mend it), and hopefully they prioritize performance as much as they've said revcently
>>
File: 1436745635031.jpg (123 KB, 780x818) Image search: [Google]
1436745635031.jpg
123 KB, 780x818
>The only way to have fun in Mann vs Machine is to pay a $1 per match
>>
>>340664519
Over watch and the free to play and bronies
>>
>>340691053
>bronies
what is this meme?
i have 2000+ hrs in tf2 and never play with bronies, they aren't hard to avoid
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.