[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Twisted great Hammer associated with Smough, the last knight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: Ornstein.jpg (299 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ornstein.jpg
299 KB, 1920x1080
>Twisted great Hammer associated with Smough, the last knight to remain at his post, guarding the ruined cathedral.
>the last knight to remain at his post

Wait so Ornstein wasn't real then?
>>
>>340663442
Popular theory is that Ornstein was an illusion like most of the other stuff in Anor Londo, because he left to find Gwyn's firstborn (that's from another item description, forget which one).
>>
>>340663442
Is Smough Aldrich?
>>
>>340663805
ur mom is Aldrich
>>
Ds2. Old dragonslayer is ornstein, the in AL is fake.
>>
>>340663805
You get smough's items after beating him.
He could have just gotten ate though.
Even if he died before time is convoluted yada yada.
>>
>>340664152
I thought he went to archdragon peak and died after following his Dragonboo Master? Which is why you find his shit there.
It's literally
HE'S ORNSTEIN
HE'S ORNSTEIN
YOUR ORNSTEIN
I'M ORNSTEIN
ARE THERE ANY OTHER ORNSTEINS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT?
*dragonslayer armor's lightning crackle*
>>
The flow of time in Lordran is convoluted ;)
>>
>>340664545
DLC spoilers: your character was Ornstein all along
>>
>>340663595
>theory
You find his spear and armor underneath where you fight King.
>>
>>340664683
Good thing we're in lorthric
>>
Why is that what you assume when reading that?

"the last knight to remain at his post" is pretty specific wording, it says to me that Ornstein could have shirked his duties and fucked off, or even just died (for realsies).
>>
>>340665295
Ornstein did fuck off, he went to find Nameless King and got fucked in the ass, thats why you find his shit on the Dragon path.
>>
Because most people killed Ornstein first because Super Smough is easier.
>>
Ornstein followed the path of the dragon and became the king of the storm
>>
>>340665898
It was the opposite for me.
Ornstein kept doing that electric butt stomp.
>>
>>340665415
One thing that pisses me off about Dragon Path is... how long was it there for? We can see it in the distance(?) for most of the map
If Ornstein left BEFORE the events of Dark Souls 1 and the only surviving Ancient Dragon was underground in Ash Lake
What the fuck is Dragon Peak then? Are the dragons real or fake like they were in Dark Souls II? Did Ornstein die recently?

This is why I don't like sequels, they usually ruin stuff like that
>>
>>340666548
I saw Dragon Peak as some kind of nirvana where warriors who meditate hard enough go to am become dragons destroyer of worlds.
>>
>>340664683
you know, that's true and all but the biggest issue here is that there's clearly some consistency, otherwise the stuff we can see from certain places would/wouldn't be there

>>340666848
I thought so too, until you could physically see the place
Unless that's not it and something else
>>
>>340666172
Apparently Ornstein is Gwyns firstborn by that logic.

You find his armor on a corpse anon.
>>
More along hte lines of tales getting bastardized as time goes by
>>
The wording is a little vague since we don't know if Ornstein was strictly a knight or what other titles he's carried besides dragon slayer
>>
>>340667378
Ornstein is one of Gwyn's 4 Knights
He's a knight, are you new to this series or did you not read that the first time around?
>>
>>340667263
The armour is just there. There's no corpse.
>>
>>340667765
>we fight naked Ornstein in the upcoming DLC
>>
>>340667060
You just see some ruins off in the distance with a dragon skellington.
It's possible people just thought that would be a cool place to become a dragon, and through the power of suggestion created some kind of dragon world. That also has a bunch of weird snake people.
Though I guess they could be seen as those who failed to become dragons, since "serpents are imperfect dragons".
>>
>>340663442
1. they don't actually die when you defeat them, it's just a test for the chosen undead, they probably resurrect somehow
2. ignore the part where one sacrifices the other during the fight, gaining his power
3. after you beat ds1, they get bored as fuck
4. ornstein leaves to go look for gwyn's son
5. smough stays behind because nobody likes him and he has nowhere else to go
>>
smough wasn't the faggot after all
>>
>>340668531
>just ignore the cannon of DS1 and DS3 makes perfect sense
?
>>
>>340668141
>he has long red hair
>>
The better question is if Nameless king is the Firstborn and Ornstein is the brave dragonslayer, who the fuck is the faithful first knight?
>>
>>340669769
Wait that's backwards.
Who's the other dragonslayer?
>>
what was the deal with the dark firelink shrine?
>>
>>340663595
>theory
You get his armor and spear after the Nameless King. The Dragonslayer Armor also served them both.
>>
File: dragonslayerarmour3.jpg (465 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dragonslayerarmour3.jpg
465 KB, 1920x1080
>>340669938
>Who's the other dragonslayer?
Dragonslayer Armor
>>
>>340663442
Nah it means that the canon order of killing O&S is killing Ornstein first
>>
>>340667628
Knights during the dragon war yeah, but he was also promoted for killing the most dragons and his title could be lord commander or something
Then iirc smough wasn't even a knight in the first place just an executioner and was considered to dishonorable for knighthood
>>
File: Smough weapo.jpg (14 KB, 301x50) Image search: [Google]
Smough weapo.jpg
14 KB, 301x50
>>340663805
>>340664308
>Tit-queen disappears, no boss around
>Not enough silver knights to go around
>Giants are leaving
>Realize Ornstein was never there to begin with
>Get hungry
>Hear there's a qt squid god close by from Blacksmith bro
>Never tried seafood before
>Tfw Smough is actually Aldrich
>>
>>340671552
Ornstein is a knight, Dragon Slayer is a title he holds, but he's one of the 4 Knights; he's a Knight
Smough is not, he's just an Executioner

These are facts; this is not debatable
>>
>>340663442
It means the 'fake' ornstein you killed in DS2 was the real thing.
>>
Wait so this thread got posted again?
>>
>>340672053
One of the easiest bosses in the game
>>
>>340671801
Not to mention blob god's followers place of worship was similar in design to Smough's chamber and close to Anor Londo.
>>
>>340663442
who gives a shit? stupid gook miyazaki does whatever the fuck he wants just for the lulz, ignore the useless lore and just fight the awesome bosses.
>>
>>340671905
An executioner can be a knight you fucking shithead. That's like saying tigers can't be cats. Holy fuck you're stupid.
>>
>>340663442
Smough was explicitly stated to not be a knight at all.

DaSIII seems to take place in a time where nobody died to the Chosen Undead.

Ornstein went off to find the Nameless King, and then Smough finally became a Knight since he was the only one left.
>>
So guys, kamiya confirmed for a hack that doesn't even know the lore he came up with
>>
>>340674480
The DLC will explain everything.
Just like how it did with bloodborne.
>>
>>340672453
>>340671801
>Tfw Smough is actually Aldrich
Guess whose armor you can buy from the handmaid when you kill Aldrich? That's right, Smough's.

But honestly, I don't think he's Aldrich, but Aldrich might have found his soul which is what drove him to cannibalism.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.