[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
World of Warcraft Legacy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 34
File: 3AT84RAJGA3E1442463434456.jpg (165 KB, 622x240) Image search: [Google]
3AT84RAJGA3E1442463434456.jpg
165 KB, 622x240
this isn't a shilling thread, though I'm sure some of you will take it that way.

this is also not a noswank thread, though, again, I'm sure it'll be taken that way.

I have a question for the people here who have quit WoW for whatever reason:

If blizzard, as it is now, released legacy servers, but required you to re-subscribe, would you? Assuming that said servers came with all the polish and support that blizz is known for? If so, would it need to be certain xpacs? Or is it vanilla only?

If not, would there be anything that would get you to come back?
>>
File: unsubbed.png (581 KB, 1296x796) Image search: [Google]
unsubbed.png
581 KB, 1296x796
I personally would re-sub if wow had legacy servers of vanilla, BC, and/or Wrath.
>>
Yes. Primarily because I'm intent on exhaustively documenting even the most minute aspects of the game such that they can be accurately reimplemented and the game preserved once the official legacy servers inevitably go down as well (a lot of details are currently lost, even some rather big ones like the functionality of Shimmering Flats races). I'm of course also intent on killing Kel'Thuzad/Kil'Jaeden/Yoggy+0 but depending on if there's enough interested among my acquaintances, I might or might not play hardcore.

>Assuming that said servers came with all the polish and support that blizz is known for?
Hopefully that doesn't mean the kind of "polish" that has harmed the game and instead refers to stable servers, customer support, actions taken to limit cheating and that kind of stuff.
>>
>>340662236
by polish, I mean actually fixing bugs, making the game mostly bug-free, actual customer support, and stable servers.

one of the reasons nos was so successful was how relatively bug-free it was, but even it was horrible compared to blizz's actual servers.
>>
I would resub for Classic/BC/WotLK

I would prefer a BC server but the vanillababbys are a little bit louder than the BC crowd, even though BC is undeniably the best period in WoW's history
>>
>>340661052

My undead rogue will rise from the grave once again if they release official legacy servers.

"Our time will come..." -Random Forsaken NPC.
>>
>>340662610

>flying mounts
>wellfare epics
>opening up shamans and paladins for both factions

3 of the biggest sins tbc introduced to WoW that damaged the game very hard, but overal, the game was still good.

After legacy servers, introduce progressive tbc servers with copy + paste option to bring your legacy server hero over to the tbc server and do not do those 3 mistakes again, then yeah, we can have tbc.
>>
>>340661052
Yes, I'd resub if it meant getting legacy servers. That money would be well spent if they polished everything, fixed bugs, and rolled out progressive content.
>>
>>340662938
Forgot to mention, I'd prefer to start off on vanilla simply because I joined way late in vanilla and didn't see the content as it was rolled out; by the time I reached end game, we were well into BC.

That said, I'll take a BC or WotLK server as well.
>>
>>340662859

I'd debate with you on the other points, but I think that was a legit good decision. forcing you to roll alliance or horde if you wanted to play a certain way was limiting. I recognize that shamans were indicative of the horde, as were paladins of the alliance, but I think giving the alliance and horde token classes, the same way they did druids, was fine.
>>
Legacy realms are literally the only way to get my pay for a sub again. I don't mind vanilla or TBC, though.
>>
>>340661052
I want vanilla, but I also want it to be incorporated with some features that came after it.
>dual spec
>level locking

Also, if AV isn't a turtle fest I'm going to be really disappointed.
>>
>>340662859

None of those things mattered in the grand scheme of things lmao

World PvP still existed in Halaa/Hellfire/Zangarmarsh

Isle of QD PvP is probably some of the best PvP in the game's history

Welfare epics didn't matter and shouldn't matter if you were actually a competent player
>>
>>340661052

Nah, the game is shit beyond belief. I already played thru the story of Vanilla, BC and WOTLK.

What they need to do in all honesty is clean up the story and the lore.

Remove Outland and Northrend as they have no impact on the game whatsoever and add those story content as max level experiences in whatever expansion they see fit, if they pride themselves having a strong story, I'm sure they can rewrite the Outland and Northrend story to be more succinct and direct, probably more monsters to boot.

Streamline the story from CATA to Legion, make sure the main villian from 1 - 80 is Deathwing, 80 - 90 is the Mists of Pandaria, Yshaargs heart, 90 - 100 is archimonde, Gul dan bang into portal.

And if they can't be bothered making a raid in between the third tier and expansion, they could re-release a couple of legacy raids in theme of the expansion as max level experiences, like Molten Core and Black Wings lair, or Temple and Ruins of Ah-raj.

Other than that there is no point in replaying, that would be a start beyond other issues but the problem I see now is that Blizzard is backdating 7 games worth of gear and content to make it work with one another and that is not fucking on. You can have a team of 300 people and they would even struggle to make the deadline.
>>
>>340663759
> I'm sure they can rewrite the Outland and Northrend story to be more succinct and direct, probably more monsters to boot.
wasn't that what they did with warlords? I didn't play it, but pretty sure it was a time-travelled outland, wasn't it?

>1 - 80 is Deathwing
>ignoring arthas
for what purpose?
>>
Provide the same exact service Nostalrius was without the threat of the servers being shut down, and I'll pay for a sub AND keep my account updated with the most recent expansion to access these legacy servers.
>>
>>340662578
Well, since Blizzard has the source code, legacy servers being "bug-free" goes for granted

>one of the reasons nos was so successful was how relatively bug-free it was
I suppose they had pretty good infrastructure and not the worst mechanics out there but certainly at its launch (when it was already successful), I certainly wouldn't call it even relatively bug-free. Indeed, most of the content was in exactly the same state it's in MaNGOS, be it questing (I can't think of a single quest they had fixed at their launch, be it Lazy Peons, Plagued Lands, Counterattack!, Investigate Blue Recluse, Freedom for All Creatures or anything else - quests like Lazy Peons were fixed in a day but that rather emphasizes how little work they had put into fixing questing), most low-level dungeons were largely unchanged with unlinked packs and such like (I know it wasn't 100% stock, Blackfathom Deeps brazier event for example doesn't work in MaNGOS, but many of the dungeons were in unaltered), and the same goes for mob databases (with even the most blatantly obvious issues like Southsea Cannoneers missing their Shoot ability still there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeD8NXdvZSs&feature=youtu.be&t=39m11s). When open source WotLK emulation (Trinitycore 3.3.5a) has vanilla content in better state than a dedicated vanilla servers that allegedly had been in development for 5 years by a dozen developers or something insane than that, I'm really reluctant to call it even "relatively bug-free".

Nostalrius deserves credit for running the server in unadulterated fashion without pay2win, outrageous custom features or anything of the sort, but quality had nothing to do with its success.
>>
>>340662859

Nah, if they were that bad and a big sin I doubt it but your just going off that video that kruger guys made and he was fuckign wrong with TBC and WOTLK.

The old content mattered in those 2 expansions and you were going back and forth.

Compared to the last 3-4 expansions which are CATA, MOP, WOD and even Legion there is PRACTICALLY ZERO CONTENT in the patches.

You can see it in every one of those fucking patches from CATA to Legion is 95% of class balance and 3% of item changes and 2% of actual content and zero fixes in the storyline.

Also the original developer said it would be mayhem to add extra classes and he is right you see in each expansions they are more focusing on class balance than actual content.
>>
>>340663938

> wasn't that what they did with warlords? I didn't play it, but pretty sure it was a time-travelled outland, wasn't it?

The portal was re-directed to Dreanor and Outlands shouldn't officially exist. I really hate content that doesn't fucking matter in the grand scheme of things but to "fix" up the story by letting you sit in town pressing Dungeon finder all day is not the answer to it.

>>1 - 80 is Deathwing
>ignoring arthas
>for what purpose?

He is dead in Cata as that came after WOTLK and that was suppose to be the new base storyline. Having him exist while Deathwing is blowing up the whole of Azeroth and reshaping the world. They should of got rid of the 2 outlying expansions as the story is fractured.

WC3 - WOTLK is a separate storyline from Cata - Legion otherwise the world wouldn't change from level 1.
>>
>>340664229
I tried playing an emerald dream server, and a couple other old servers.

compared to the majority of private servers, nos had WAY less bugs.
>>
fuck no, takes 15 days to level in classic, takes about 8 days to level in burning crusade patch. Aint nobody got time for dat
>>
>>340663102

No, it wasn't. Those are faction unique elements, they should remain that way if one is weak, it should be buffed. Opening them to both factions ruined faction identity.

>>340663750

Kill yourself subhuman nigger son of a whore. Flying mounts are in the top 3 biggest mistakes for WoW you dumb fucking cunt. Flying mounts ruined world PvP in Outland. Isle of QD had good PvP because you couldn't use flying mounts in there, die from cancer, you fanboys ruined WoW.

Wellfare epics are made for cancer entitlled subhuman noobs like you.
>>
>>340663938

>1 - 80 is Deathwing
>ignoring arthas
>for what purpose?

Sorry TL:DR version WC3 - WOTLK story ended, Cata restart. Regulate Outlands and Northrend to Caverns of Time as max level experiences with a reward.
>>
>>340665143
>ruined faction identity
yeah, and also helped players from having to leave their guilds in order to try playing a magic-based melee class, or a plate-wearing healer.
>>
File: lg6ZrVv8.jpg (114 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
lg6ZrVv8.jpg
114 KB, 3000x3000
>>340663998
>>
>>340665143
>10 years later
>still this much of an asshole
Why is it so easy to make you angry? Are you ok?
>>
>>340665192
>Regulate Outlands and Northrend to Caverns of Time as max level experiences with a reward.

Are you that guy from that thread two or three days ago that kept saying how pissed he was over how segmented the story was between levels 1-60, 61-70, 71-80, and 85-110?
>>
>>340665249

So fucking what?
>>
I wouldn't. I loved vanilla but I was 17 when I played it. I had a lot more free time than I do now and even then I can't and don't want to devote as much time as it takes to accomplish anything in classic WoW, especially since I've already been and there and done that. There are many more good games that I've never had to a chance to play and I'd rather spend the time playing those.
>>
>>340665615
so guilds actually used to matter once upon a time and were the reason progression happened. keeping guilds together is more important than the alliance not having shamans despite having dwarves and draenei.
>>
>>340665143

Nice projecting senpai!

I was in a top progression guild in BC, I don't give a fuck about welfare epics because I actually got them from raiding LMAO
>>
>>340665357

Because after the mistakes are acknowledged even by Blizzard we have retarded cancerous fanboys trying to defend them. This why if we ever get legacy WoW servers, it should remain Vanilla, any attempts at TBC and WOTLK will fail because animal niggers like you won't allow the garbage mistakes those expansions introduced to be deleted. I loved TBC and WOTLK, but I can see their flaws, flaws that destroyed the game in the long run. I already named TBC 3 sins, now for WOTLK:

-removing attunements.
-lfd system
-more easier wellfare epics
-death knigth hero class, shitting on other class identities+balance.
-class homogenization, bring the player not the class retardation.
-making leveling easier.
>>
>>340665587
>Are you that guy from that thread two or three days ago that kept saying how pissed he was over how segmented the story was between levels 1-60, 61-70, 71-80, and 85-110?

Does it fucking matter? It isn't the segementation either. Did you forget that they have to update 6-7 games worth of Gear for WOD and they are gonna do it again for Legion?

This game is not gonna be big at all, if they have to streamline 6-7 game worth of shit but Blizzard admitting to opening a Legacy server means that they actual mean their current game state is shit and they have no idea how to fix it.
>>
>>340665764
How did class-faction exclusivity break up guilds?
>>
>>340665764

If you abandonned your guild because you wanted to play an opposing faction class, then you were a retarded piece of shit who didn't deserve to be part of a good guild anyway, so no loss or fucks given.

What should have happened is branching out the uniqueness of the paladin and shaman, not opening both up for both factions.
>>
If we added legacy servers, a question is how many actual servers should we put up for PvP and PvE, right now it seems like 2 of each, but it's unsure.
>>
>>340666073

I wish I could understand your headspace, you're retarded beyond salvation

I'll give you attunements
>>
who here has pre b.net merger accounts?

>aye
>>
>>340666248
not saying it actually broke up guilds, but some people had to go roll horde to play shaman, which meant they weren't playing alliance with their guild.

etc.
>>
>>340662859
>flying mounts
No one with sense would argue against the statement of flying mounts being an inherent handicap to world PvP and exploration, but the extent it was changed with their introduction is open to debate, and I would argue their impact in TBC was almost zero. In terms of exploration it's a very straightforward deal because only druids have access to flying before max level and 60% mount doesn't exactly let you skim through the content in lightning speed (while anyone who possesses the 280% mount was almost certainly done with exploration for good).

World PvP is a bit different matter, but I'd argue the enormous majority of all PvP encounters happened in certain PvP hotspots where something desirable brought players from both factions to the ground, often times competing for the same resources. That kind of stuff is there in TBC exactly to the same extent as it was in vanilla (it just takes place in Elemental Plateu rather than Tyr's Hand and at Coilfang summoning stone rather than BRS instance portal), all that has disappeared (or reduced, rather, because many people still used 100% ground mount due to it being faster than standard flying) was assaulting players travelling from point A to B and that was pretty safe to begin with (not everyone is a mage capable of blinking in and dismounting you with sheep). Besides, there was a number of no-fly PvP hotspots as well, such as Deadwind Pass and Isle of Quel'Danas, but I maintain the active PvP there was more related to the fact that Karazhan and Isle dailies were popular activities, not the absence of flying.
>>
>>340662859
>>340666461
Just because WotLK removed all the reasons to get in the world and encounter enemy players (for example, there was no need to fight at raid summoning stones because it was more convenient to summon everyone inside) and implemented designs like reduced mount cast time (that much easier to escape if you spot an enemy) and boosting standard flying speed doesn't mean flying caused any meaningful harm in TBC. The days of Southshore vs Tarren Mill might have been over but that's related to players becoming more goal-oriented, not the game itself.

>wellfare epics
Catchup gear is important for the health of the game (top-end raiders would really like to have a recruitment base that can carry their weight at some level, new players deserve a chance to be worth trying out rather than being stuck with bads just because they are new, and ultimately the casual masses are responsible for the economy chugging along and the game feeling like a world and they too need a carrot every once in a while). The game also is more interesting if sources for gear are more varied. The important thing is that it's not handed away for free from trivial activities, and even the most nerfed versions of TBC heroics were respectable, and required you to invest a lot of time and effort for getting good gear.

Besides, "catchup gear" was nothing new. AV rep epics for example were easy to come by on most servers and buffed 5-man dungeon loots were often far superior to anything in T1.

It's a shame that faction diversity was reduced, but it made way to far more potent classes and more specialized roles so the losses were regained in class diversity and then some. After all, Blizzard was now free to design encounters that essentially required the unique capabilities of these two classes: have fun tanking Felmyst skeletons without a pally, for example.
>>
as soon as wow goes F2P its userbase will quadruple easily
there is no denying this
>>
>>340661052
Fuck no I'm not paying a god damn subscriber fee. That's the key thing keeping me from playing again right now.
>>
>>340662859

Flying mounts were used well in TBC and WOTLK since they restricted you on where you could go and you could get to some interesting areas using only a flying mount.

The welfare epics in TBC weren't introduce into way late into the expansion and a lot of them weren't that great. They were nice for some entry level raid gear, but it's not like how it is now where any idiot can get decked out in gear.

Introducing shaman and paladins for both factions can be argued if that was a good or bad thing. I didn't really mind in TBC since they were restricted to one race, but they went way overboard with it in future expansions. It at least made sense that Blood Elves were the only race allowed to be Paladins from a lore perspective. Alliance could have given Shamans to Draenei or Dwarves when they introduced them to the faction.

I still think TBC was the high point of WoW since it stream-lined things while still catering to the hardcore fans. It wasn't really until the end of TBC and the start of WOTLK where they started to introduce all the things that made WoW shit.
>>
>>340666607
>>340666636
pottery
>>
>>340666424
You literally did say that it broke up guilds. It didn't. People weren't going to leave their guild to play the opposite faction's class, and if they did, it wouldn't break the guild up.
>>
>>340663102
Yeah because Seal of Blood wasn't completely broken. Seal of Blood is way worse than having shamans/pallys restricted to their factions.
>>
>>340666379

I'll give your whore mother my cock. You cant refute anything I said, because I am correct, it is not up for debate, I am right. I've already beaten up 2 fucking virgin cancer nerds in real life over WoW arguments, when they said that WoW is a good game and casualization was good. Thank god I quit WoW after WotlK ended, I got free game time and trials to try out their further expansions, because Blizzard always sucked my cock with their invites and beta invites, so I could see how shit the game has gotten.

Fuck off nigger, I'd rek you irl, gaming has gone to shit because of subhumans like you, the gaming scene needs to die, the market needs to crash, so only a quality game can be sold, not all these trash and garbage, hope more gaming companies go bankrupt, Battleborn was a good start, hope those sons of whores at gearbox lose a lot of money.
>>
>>340661052
No. The only reason I had to try out vanilla, nostalgia, was already sated by Nostalrius.

Once you get past the nostalgia and realize all the players are minmaxing now, which they weren't back in real vanilla, all you have left is a broken shell of an endgame where half the specs aren't even viable.
>>
>>340666847

Damn dude, I hope you find some peace. Go pay a prostitute to clear up some of that frustration.
>>
>>340666847

When Mobile gaming has become more challenging than most triple AAA games you know something went terribly wrong.
>>
>>340663412
Youre just going to have accept it for what it was, otherwise you open a can of worms.
>>
>>340666998
>where half the specs aren't even viable
nice meme
>>
>>340667181
You're right, only 1/3 of them were viable
>>
what is a wellfare epic?
>>
Nah
>>
>>340667414

Welfare epic is an epic they give you for free after a couple of patches, which happened during past WOTLK => Cata onwards.

For example.

Reputation Gear/purple drops in Tanann Jungle in WOD
Time gear in Timeless Isles.
>>
File: 1464460653403.jpg (13 KB, 325x166) Image search: [Google]
1464460653403.jpg
13 KB, 325x166
>>340667181
>stereotypical dumbass undead rogue takes on plate user and is surprised his plan backfires
>thinks that counts as an argument
let me guess, you think warriors are overpowered because you keep feeding them Overpowers?
go back to one-shotting clothies.
>>
File: Rory-Macdonald-girlfriend.jpg (53 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Rory-Macdonald-girlfriend.jpg
53 KB, 350x350
>>340667793
>webm showing Ret Paladin absolutely destroying the premiere PvP class (Rogue)
>"t-t-that d-doesn't c-count because reasons!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXNWvytYbyo

And there's a video of a Ret pulling high DPS in Vanilla Naxx. you're wrong kiddo
>>
>>340667181
>attack a ret pally with Grand Marshall gear
>complain that he kills you

oh okay
>>
>>340667414

Epics that are immensely easy to get, for example by doing an easy raid
>>
>>340668120
The Rogue is in T3/Naxx gear.
>>
>>340661052
i'd resub for legacy servers, ill probably resub to try out legion, but legacy servers would have to be with specific xpacs, i started playing in BC so i dont have "le epic vannila wus bettur" nostalgia, but if i got to choose an xpac to go back to id go back to wrath, late wrath when dks werent just broken, i liked wrath because it wasnt so hardcore that if you wanted to get into raiding you had to throw your life away, and it wasnt so casul that every shitter can raid
>>
>>340668262
And that paladin has best in slot items.

You are a retard.
>>
HOW DO YOU MAKE A THIEF CLASS THAT ACTUALLY STEALS WITHOUT PEOPLE QUITTING THAT THEIR WEAPON GOT STOLEN
>>
>be level 65 doing quests in Outlands leveling an alt
>full heirloom
>level 60 warrior in full tier 3, wielding thunderfury blessed blade of the windseeker swoops out of the sky and kills me in literally a second
>tfw given those sweet, sweet memories of vanilla PvP
thanks warrior bro
>>
>>340667181
>>340668087
i'll humour you and pretend you're right

you still have to prove 13 more classes are viable
>>
>>340664783
To large extent this is because it's an old server that hasn't been maintained so any work on open source emulation (that more recent servers like Nostalrius have by default) hasn't been implemented there.

Consider this: Nostalrius tweeted they had done 5200 commits to their server emulator (https://twitter.com/NostalBegins/status/736218634469670912). Now, this is of course a hugely ambiguous number because it depends enormously on how the developers like to do things (a commit could be "reimplemented pathfinding, added movement maps to entire Azeroth" or "oops, typo") but according to one of the responses to the tweet, MaNGOS had 8955 of them in the same timeframe. Now, I know Nostalrius was ultimately in a better shape than MaNGOS is now, but a lot of work goes on in open source emulation too and if you aren't actively backporting the patches that you haven't already implemented yourself (including stuff from more developed Trinitycore that other servers can also backport to vanilla with relatively little effort), your project will be losing ground to more recent projects pretty quickly and it's not because the new devs are doing something of note.
>>
File: 1462950702269.jpg (33 KB, 550x343) Image search: [Google]
1462950702269.jpg
33 KB, 550x343
>>340668458
>Naxx/T3 gear isn't BiS
You can see the Paladin is using shitty shoulders/chest/boots/legs as well. You're wrong bud. Rets were decent in Vanilla, your "le vanilla balance!" meme got BTFO.
>>
>>340668838
I bet you don't even know what trinket proc the ret used.
>>
File: 132933951693.jpg (67 KB, 680x513) Image search: [Google]
132933951693.jpg
67 KB, 680x513
I just miss WOW

every time I log into live with a trial or 7 day free pass the magic just isn't there, on nost however there was always something to do, and I made a lot of bros to play with in a single year, more so then i've made playing live WOW since cata
>>
>>340668620
Every class was viable. Certain specs were worse than others but could still be brought to raids or perform well in PvP. The only specs that you actually couldn't bring to raids and perform well with were Prot Paladins and Feral tank Druids, and even those specs had a place in PvP/dungeons.
>>
>>340668458
>Grand marshal's claymore
>BIS

Nope
>>
>>340661052
i would resub to play anything pre cata on retail
>>
>>340662859
>wellfare epics
haha no.
that would be wotlk
>>
>>340668946
Hand of Justice maybe? I never thought about the trinket he used, just chalked the one shot up to a Reck bomb.
>>
>>340667181
>ret pallies
>webm features a prot pally
>>
>>340669010
I remember when we used to let our resident bear druid tank the occasional MC boss, because he had gone through the trouble of getting full fire resist gear.
>>
>>340668510
By creating a game and economy where you can get your shit stolen and it doesn't reset your character progress to 0.

I steal shit on EVE all the time, once made 10 bil off of one POS bash.
>>
File: 1463093742093.jpg (64 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1463093742093.jpg
64 KB, 770x711
DELETE THIS THREAD

RIGHT FUCKING NOW
>>
>>340669178
Shard of the Fallen Star is what is doing all the damage there.
>>
>>340663759
Damn you wrote all that autistic shit and no one is going to read it.
>>
>>340667181
tanks were and still are a direct counter to squishy melee dps classes. meanwhile that rogue would have no trouble getting the drop on a cloth user and killing them in less than a second.
>>
>>340661121
No you wouldn't.
>>
File: asdasd.png (267 KB, 503x463) Image search: [Google]
asdasd.png
267 KB, 503x463
>>340669332
>Shard of the Fallen Star is what is doing all the damage there
that trinket doesn't hit the same target more than once. it was definitely reckoning that killed the rogue.
>>
>>340669559
I enjoyed wow, and I currently have a sub to TOR, and an 80 paladin on a wrath server.

I also had a level 52 mage and a 60 prot warrior on nostalrius

so yes, if blizz released legacy servers, I would definitely re-sub.
>>
File: 34923874.jpg (9 KB, 234x216) Image search: [Google]
34923874.jpg
9 KB, 234x216
>desperately want to play some vanilla or TBC
>hell, I'd even settle for WOTLK
>cant trust private servers
>even if I could legacy servers could be announced at blizzcon
>its too long until blizzcon
>theres no guarantee the cunts will even announce them and are probably trolling us all the way

Bad time to be a fan of old WoW...
>>
>>340669174
Isle of Quel'danas gave tier 6 equiv gear generic dungeon badges you can get in any heroic/raid

Biggest problem with BC was that tier 6 was way easier then Tier 5, especially once people learned prot paladins weren't shit in raids.
>>
>>340669721
Would have vanished and won the fight without the 1k proc from Fallen Star.
>>
I'd pay the sub for either vanilla or BC. And it would be even better if it "branched off" from there. Going down a new pack of expansions instead of doing the everquest thing and just starting over.
>>
>>340669965
Debateable, it didn't do "all the damage" either way.
>>
>>340669965
That's a SoC proc, you numbnut.

Fallen Star is a on-use trinket, too, you mongoloid. It doesn't proc.

This is what happens when you let BC/wotlk babbies in vanilla threads.
>>
>>340661052
Yes at a reasonable price.
>>
>>340669929
>Isle of Quel'danas

That was the last patch - it was the starting of End.

I've literally quit around then, enjoyed sunwell but haven't played that long, for me season 3 was cancer.
>>
>>340669870
No you wouldn't. Because right now you can simply turn off exp gain and level lock your character to what ever expansion range you want. The only change would be the class mechanics.

You don't because you won't play legacy. There's no real reason to. You've played those expansions already. You have the option to go back and do them anytime but you refuse to.

Private servers work because they are free. And even looking at Nost's subs vs active it's clear that people got bored of old content they played before and moved on.

So no, you won't resub if offical legacy servers come out. You think you will, but you won't.
>>
File: 1439832699620s.jpg (2 KB, 109x125) Image search: [Google]
1439832699620s.jpg
2 KB, 109x125
>>340670284
btfo

when will wrathshitters stop being so consistently retarded and wrong when it comes to vanilla discussions?
>>
File: drZRXlm.jpg (78 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
drZRXlm.jpg
78 KB, 800x500
>>340670369
Arenas were always cancer though, everything wrong with PVP today is thanks to Arenas
>>
>>340669919
>cant trust private servers

Outside of them possibly being shut down, what's not to trust about them?
>>
>be warlock
>PvE
>have to bring an inventory full of soul shards
>summon everyone
>put soulstone
>not allowed to use DoTs because DoT caps were actually a thing and much more important debuffs should be on the boss
>spend entire raid spamming shadowbolt

Viability can go fuck itself, half the classes were just plain tedious to play with.
>>
>>340670760
>Arenas were always cancer though
Probably because you sucked dick at them. I'm a nostcuck who loves WPvP and arenas are 100% fine.
>>
>>340670440
>No you wouldn't. Because right now you can simply turn off exp gain and level lock your character to what ever expansion range you want. The only change would be the class mechanics.

This post gave me cancer
>>
>>340670880
Have fun playing Legion then anon :^]
>>
>>340671039
Not planning on returning for Legion. :^))
>>
Honestly, OP?

No. But not for the reasons you might expect. Let me explain.

Regardless of your opinions on the exact patch that killed the game, the fact is that Warcraft fucking sucks now, and was fucking awesome then. I draw the line at Wrath, with some major gripes in BC. Its neither here nor there. The point is this

We never needed Blizzards blessing with private servers, and it doesn't make an damn sight of difference if we ever get them because we play them anyway. Nost went down and overnight Kronos gained a ton of traffic. What I mean is that the content exists and i have played it so many God damn times. It was amazing, it was great, it was a source of escapism, whatever. But I can't escape to Vanilla WoW any more than I could escape to BC. Its all autopilot. I know every quest. I know what's in the shadows, i am not surprised by quest text or twists in the lore, I know what goes bump in the back of every cave.

When I started playing warcraft in 2004, I didn't, AND it was an great game with a high ceiling. I wouldn't pay Blizzard to roll out the same fucking content today because it's just that: a quest I've done fifty times. We have chased Rhodes quests from private server to private server.

I would much rather Blizzard put a moderately sized Dev Team on the new Warcraft RTS, use it to push the lore FORWARD and get it out of this stupid time travelling, social-justice shit gimmicky bargain-bin no-interest general 69cent fantasy TRASH heap that Metzen has warped it into for a few extra subs, over the last fucking DECADE that the game has been hemorrhaging dedicated players.

Once they build a new Warcraft installment, FORWARD in time, with curated lore populated by interesting and well conceived characters, from the GROUND UP, NOT FROM THE TOP DOWN, only then will Blizzard have created the proper setting for a new MMO. Then World of Warcraft II can happen on a fresh slate.

Then I'll resub to new content that will excite me again...

Alas.
>>
>>340670929
>Truth hurts
>>
>>340671705
No one cares
>>
File: the only fun left in WOW.jpg (665 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the only fun left in WOW.jpg
665 KB, 1920x1080
>>340670928
No, they're easy as fuck, and yes I suck at them, I don't want to reroll every fucking season to comp stomp like everyone else.

Arenas becoming the focal point of PVP balance and having the entire fucking game revolving around them because "WE WANT THE ESPORT AUDIENCE" is why the game is as dysfunctional as it is today.

Arenas
Dungeon rehashing (Heroic, mythic, LFR)
Welfare Gear
Progression based daily grinds
Stat bloat and removed mechanics

These are the major problems with the game today, and while most of them didn't cause problems initially (Except arenas, which killed the PVP scene until wrath babbies came along) by forcing these mechanics and changes into the core gameplay experience the game has gotten progressively shittier over time, where before we would have long quest chains, difficult dungeons, and a huge world of PVP potential, you now have queue based instanced daily/weekly point grinds
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
>>340671882
>Artificially capping your account's experience and pretending that the Zone you're currently in is current content is the same as an image of a previous iteration of the game, with different mechanics.
>>
>>340671924
>Op asks open ended question
>Give thoughtful reply
>edgemaster can't help himself

You play Reaper don't you, faggot?
>>
>>340667181
>2h prot pala build thats super gimmicky

Yeah, ret is shit. You can beat ret naked with a skinning dagger if you want to.
>>
>>340672215
DIE
DIE
DIE
>>
If they were exactly the way they used to, with zero fucking concessions (no improved models for example), then yes. I would. In a heartbeat.
>>
File: 1393601215906.jpg (102 KB, 581x720) Image search: [Google]
1393601215906.jpg
102 KB, 581x720
>>340662236
Hey you, I remember you. Come work on wowpedia man
>>
>>340672368
>>>/r/overwatch
If you are looking to post meme references and collect ass-pats, try there, my dude
>>
File: 8670088_orig.jpg (35 KB, 480x384) Image search: [Google]
8670088_orig.jpg
35 KB, 480x384
I would kill for a legacy server
Not even joking
>>
>>340661052
I dont want legacy server that say locked in one version though. I paid to play Everquest TLP server and I would do so for WoW as well.
>>
>>340672547
REPOSITIONING
>>
>>340671882
you're not OP.
>>
>>340662578
>fixing bugs
Wouldn't want that desu
I'd like to see some authenic vanilla bugs like broken vanish animation or corpse sliding, they were funny.
>>
>>340670440
(You)
>>
>>340670856
Them getting shut down or shutting down themselves is reason enough.

But with most PSs there are the issues of bugs, bad scripting, dupes, lag, server crashes, constant shifting populations, p2W aspects, corruption from gm staff and unblizzlike features such as reduced respeccing etc. The list just goes on with private servers.

Dont get me wrong, I realize there are a few good PSs out there, but even they need to step up their game abit, pun not intended.
>>
No because Blizzard's definition of a legacy server is modern WoW without features like flying mounts and Dungeon Finder, among other things, IIRC. It's still modern fucking garbage WoW.
>>
I would resub. I find that with WoW's latest expansions I get bored after 2-3 months of raiding/arena's/etc and then I unsub.
I have however been playing on vanilla and TBC servers for a long time, continuously, only pausing if something else came up but always coming back.
I would resub, play the main content until it is stale and regard my legacy characters as really enjoyable alts.
>>
>>340672567
how does that eq server work? what happens when all the expansions are eventually released? does it start over again? I've been eyeing it but dunno if I wanna sub yet.
>>
>>340670440
>No you wouldn't. Because right now you can simply turn off exp gain and level lock your character to what ever expansion range you want. The only change would be the class mechanics.
okay lets do the leveling experience
oh wait the whole world was wrecked during cata
okay we got to 60, let's lock our exp
let's go for ZG
oh wait that's now a cataclysm instance
okay how about we do Naxx
oh wait that's now a wotlk raid
okay let's cap ourselves off at 70
let's do ZA
oh wait that's now a cataclysm instance

fucking dumbshit
>>
File: 16436.png (509 KB, 511x531) Image search: [Google]
16436.png
509 KB, 511x531
>People honestly thought Vanilla - WOTLK was harder
>>
>>340661052

I would resub if they went back to vanilla wow and came up with completely different expansions after vanillia
>>
>>340672785
Outside of corruption of the staff, that's not trust, that's just not liking how some PSes operate.

I thought you meant trust issues as in them stealing your credit card info if you purchase something or getting a logger bundled with their client.
>>
>>340672990
Bit of moving goalposts here when ZA was the only changed BC raid and it was only a catch up raid
>>
>>340672956
I honestly dont know, everyone flock to a new one after PoP...
>>
>>340672889
Not gonna lie, if they did the pristine server shit I'd probably play live.

Removing LFD/LFR and mythic/heroic, cross realm zones and welfare gear i'd probably be able to stomach modern WOW, I wish they'd at least try it, I have no doubt in my mind they wouldn't become extremely popular to the point that it diverts development away from the shitstain systems they have now and focus more on classic style content.
>>
>>340671705
>What I mean is that the content exists and i have played it so many God damn times.
In a poorly implemented state and many of the exact details lost in time. For example, it's well-known that prior to WOD World of Warcraft had batch processing system for applying auras (https://web.archive.org/web/20140619092137/http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13087818929?page=6). For starters, Corecraft is the only server to have implemented this server in the first place (a few other servers have hackfixes for implementing the emergent behaviours on individual abilities, though) but since they did implement it, turns out some of the abilities definitely were excluded from the system and it's nigh-impossible to find proof for some of the less clear-cut cases.

And it's not just arcane details like that although those are numerous and probably can't be figured out from the surviving video evidence. It's also more impactful details like boss armour values (which quite significantly alters the tuning of the bosses: absurdly fast kills on servers like Nostalrius have been a topic of heated discussion and at least in some cases incorrect values probably were a major contributor in making the bosses easier than they should be).

Or even major, even iconic, details. For example, I've been unable to find any videos that show Shimmering Flats races in full. You can catch glimpses of some details in incidental videos but to my knowledge there simply isn't enough evidence to accurately reproduce the races in full.

In order to preserve WoW for good, and considering WoW is a major 21st century pop cultural artefact I believe it's a worthwhile task, we need legacy servers to figure out how it used to work exactly.
>>
>>340673009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYXMIti8aQw
>>
>>340673206
Well, it's pointless to do them anyway because indirect nerfs have rendered the content complete and utterly obsolete. Just look at this shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxw-57oCYAg
>>
>>340673009
It was.
>inb4 muh mythic raiding
>muh firelands

Fuck off, Naxx 40 was still harder then all of those fucks, and the real comparison is the fact that the base content (Dungeons, entry raids) weren't stupidly faceroll.
>>
File: 1398536784354.jpg (90 KB, 474x320) Image search: [Google]
1398536784354.jpg
90 KB, 474x320
>>340673009
Let me guess, youre one of those retards that says "OH BOY I BET YOU DIDNT EVEN BEAT HEROIC GARROSH OR MYTHIC ARCHIMONDE HUH?"

The content itself should be the target to be beat. Not its shitty arificial difficulty reskin.

There should only be one difficulty mode for raids. One ladder thats tough to climb to the top. And if you cant do it then tough fucking luck.
>>
>>340673382
>>340673476
>>340673528
Let's duel Vanillababbies
>>
>>340673194
Trust issues is a valid way to convey my concern.

"I am anxious that the developers are not as forthcoming with bugs and scripting as they claim to be. I have trust issues".

"I cant trust them to be blizzlike".
>>
File: 1411443972606.png (332 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1411443972606.png
332 KB, 500x375
I don't get it, people say attunements were bad, but holy fuck ilvl gating and 'you need your welfare legendary that takes 3-4 months to grind' shit is far, far worse.
>>
>>340673476
Just ignore the fact he's in the best possible BC gear
>>
>>340673382
DELETE THIS
>>
>>340673874
Why does that fucking matter?

He is soloing a boss that required 10 people to do regardless.
>>
>>340673206
so was ZG
>>
Yeah
>>
>>340673337
This is fascinating stuff, I have never considered the game so thoroughly. While I go on reiterating that these things have little value--that correcting the batch processing method won't make the content any less stale, familiar, and not an experience I want to try and force for the ninetieth time, you should post more things like this anon
>>
I really want to see vanilla again, because I want open world PvP more than everything. Fucking Nostalrius was great, with its huge population bigger than that of any other private server you could spend hours chasing people in Searing Gorge. I know it's not the most balanced or fair kind of PvP, but there's just something to it that makes it feel fucking amazing. Perhaps it's the thrill of the hunt, or the survivalist feeling, when you understand that you can get overwhelmed by an enemy raid any minute.

Also, I want to make another PvP movie. Making PvP movies feels just as amazing as PvP itself, and I want to see myself get better at editing stuff. It's not even about showing it to people, it's about creating something which you enjoy. Feels fucking amazing.
>>
>>340661052
>If blizzard, as it is now, released legacy servers, but required you to re-subscribe, would you? Assuming that said servers came with all the polish and support that blizz is known for? If so, would it need to be certain xpacs? Or is it vanilla only?

Vanilla only
Any changes made to the core design of the game or updates has to be voted through by the active players on the server.
>>
>>340674046
Delete what?

I'm not going to watch the video but I assume the gist is "The content went unbeaten for a longer period of time in Vanilla / BC so it was harder" which is completely wrong and every raider from that era will tell you why. You would not be able to beat the encounters through skill alone, you required the gear because it was not mathematically possible to beat certain encounters without gear, particularly ones requiring resistance gear

That is not difficult, that is tedious
>>
You know I just realized something. WoW was always fucking garbage. Actually, I remember that if you posted a wow thread on /v/ back in the thread you'd get sagebombed
>>
>>340674110
Ok there's no problem then because naxx was a shitfest of extremely poor design in vanilla
>>
>>340670440

Bullshit, I created an account on most and stopped playing because the server is in France and a connection from West coast Canada is straight garbage. There are tons of factors, it isn't all cost.
>>
>>340674379
Go ahead then, mr.muhimageboard culture
>>
File: 2700 wodwalker mong.jpg (423 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2700 wodwalker mong.jpg
423 KB, 1600x900
>>340673584
older screenshot, but give me time to relearn my binds and i'd frick you up kiddo
>>
>>340674280
Well thats what MMO PVP should be, BG/Arena fags should just move on to MOBAs, thats essentially their dream game but they spent all this time fucking the MMO PVP that WOW used to have that they won't leave.
>>
>>340673874
Unless that's transmog-set, that's not BiS-gear, though.

And consider the fact that he doesn't even need to really use cooldowns in order to survive while Prince Melchezaar was somewhat threatening even to SWP-geared tanks during TBC (you might not be instagibbed but death in 15 seconds while you had had time to deal less than 1% of his health in damage would be more like it).
>>
>>340674492
Yea but I forgot how to sage, dude
>>
>>340674321
>firefighter and yogg 0 took months to clear
>h garrosh and m archi literally took less than a week
>"it's b-b-because of g-gear!!"
rofl
>>
>>340674505
>Arena
>skill
Not him but c'mon man. Yeah you could probably still beat him but goddamn was Arena not a terrible implement.
>>
File: 1414905965685.png (312 KB, 489x563) Image search: [Google]
1414905965685.png
312 KB, 489x563
I never got to play wow when it came out
is there any stories or anything notable you guys can share?
I mean is there any point playing now unless it goes f2p?
>>
>>340674321
>every raider from that era will tell you why
more like
>every raider from that era who is now in his mid 30s making a "living" from youtube videos depending on the success of WoD/Legion to properly raise his wifes son will tell you why
>>
>>340674280
>muh pvp movies
Really now?
>>
>>340674723
Arena is the most skill intensive feature in World of Warcraft by a fucking mile. Nothing even comes close, not duels, not dungeons, not heroic/mythic raiding. It has literally always been that way.
>>
File: constipated Tsuru.jpg (4 KB, 104x125) Image search: [Google]
constipated Tsuru.jpg
4 KB, 104x125
>>340674280
>mfw I'll never be able to take my 49 twink into Hellfire and gank leveling clothies during BC again
>>
>>340674686
As someone who actually beat both of those back when they were difficult Heroic Garrosh was far more difficult

Mimiron was literally all about how good your tank's gear was because the level of damage they were taking was ludicrous

Yogg Saron 0 was more challenging because we had to get the sanity meters just right but phases 1 and 3 were exactly the same.
>>
File: 1352595941297.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1352595941297.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
>>340675009
>comp stacking
>skill

Don't forget the fact that if you didn't have BiS PVP gear in arenas you were literally dead thanks to resilience, and later PVP power.
>>
>>340671705
Very good post
On current vanilla servers (same potential audience) you can be declined from a damn world pug if you wear a piece of item that's "not bees xD", as an example of everyone doing exactly what they know they should instead of poking around and seeing what happens.
>>
>>340675098
Sure you did, cuck

Fuck off back to the official forums
>>
>>340675009
Well you're entitled to your opinion, friend, and I'll respect it.
>>
>>340673206
>>340674110
>>340674436
>you can totally experience <expansion> at any moment, just level an alt and lock his experience!
>nevermind the leveling experience isn't the same
>nevermind it's a lot quicker either
>nevermind 3 raids aren't available
>nevermind the balance is all over the place because of WoD's stat squish
>nevermind you won't even be able to find people to raid with in the first place
>nevermind you won't even be able to experience pvp at all because you're stuck in the absolute lower end of the bracket, just before expansion gear bloats the fuck out of everyone's stats
>IT'S STILL A GENUINE <EXPANSION> EXPERIENCE
I am at an absolute loss to describe how utterly retarded your claim is. Seek mental help.
>>
>>340675326
Why the fuck would I lie about that? I can tell you in detail how we did both fights if you like
>>
>>340675206
>comp stacking is all there is to arenas
Go ahead and play a t1 comp like RMD or Turbo today, you won't break 1800.

>Don't forget the fact that if you didn't have BiS PVP gear in arenas you were literally dead thanks to resilience, and later PVP power.
Players beat better geared opponents all the time when gear required rating. I don't see how gear reduces the skill cap of arenas anyway.
>>
I'd only subscribe to wow if I could play through every expansion set basically. Base wow isn't enough.
>>
What was your greatest accomplishment during vanilla, /v/?
I made a lot of friends
>>
File: 1455369835488.jpg (2 MB, 1424x2136) Image search: [Google]
1455369835488.jpg
2 MB, 1424x2136
>>340661052
Real talk? No. The reason vanilla and tbc were so great was the community. Sure, the game and world were great too but it was the community that made it superb.

We will /never/ get back to the kind of community that was common with mmos of that era.
>>
>>340675426
I don't know why you bothered typing this out, bit of 'tism if you ask me

Everyone knows the experience isn't the same
>>
>>340670440
>You think you will, but you won't
>bait this obvious and still gets a fuckload of replies
>>
>>340675705
what makes a community great?
>>
>>340675639
ZG tiger and full T2

Had such a great time on Nost
>>
>>340675639
Anathema on my SPriest main
>>
>>340675705
The community on Nost was very reminiscent of the community during retail Vanilla. The game mechanics largely determine how the players interact with one another, so you'll get a similar social experience on legacy servers.
>>
>>340675594
Bullshit

I played a hunter when arenas came out, the CC nerf, spell restriction, and resilience made that class impossible to play in arenas, and the only way to fix it was to change hunters dramatically.

Fuck arenas.
>>
>>340675736
>everyone
I don't know why you thought this is correct when there's literally someone in this very thread claiming otherwise.

You wouldn't be him trying to backpedal by any chance, would you? :^)
>>
>>340675098
What? There isn't any noteworthy tank damage on Firefighter besides fully predictable Plasma Blast (that can be pretty much trivialized with tank swapping and rotating cooldowns).

Yoggy+0 wasn't really limited by sanity either, it was soft enrage from having too many Immortal Guardians. Okay, you could trade sanity to damage by eating Lunatic Gaze instead of turning around to stop DPS, but that's clearly not what you're talking about. Indeed, P3 (unless you consider the brain phase P3, and considering you absolutely need to kill the brain in two rounds MAX, the optimizations you have to do in brain room make the nature of the phase vastly different anyway), besides beating the soft enrage, there's a lot of things you need to do in Yoggy+0 P3 (kiting marked Guardians away from Yoggy and each other and such like) that you don't need to do in Yoggy+1 or easier versions of the encounter.
>>
>>340675996
Had a hunter in my guild who played 2,1k+ without any issue even in S2. He was a decent player, though.
>>
File: rsthwqeh.jpg (6 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
rsthwqeh.jpg
6 KB, 480x360
>>340675996
Plenty of Hunters got glad/r1 in BC, you legitimately just sucked as an individual player and are maintaining that sour grape bitterness a decade down the line. That's literally what's happening right now and every time some sad little cuck shits on arenas. r o t f l
>>
>>340676080
I'm not the same person though

>>340676136
>There isn't any noteworthy tank damage on Firefighter
The adds in phase 3, the extreme damage in phase 1. You didn't do it if you don't think the tank damage was high

> it was soft enrage from having too many Immortal Guardians
We had some of the world's best DPS so that wasn't a problem. We were losing because of really bad tentacle spawns in phase 2.
>>
File: 3-dsb081908b.gif (8 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
3-dsb081908b.gif
8 KB, 125x125
>>340676221
>>340676482
Getting carried in 5s doesn't mean shit.
>>
File: 1440886181652.jpg (13 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1440886181652.jpg
13 KB, 640x640
>>340676612
>t-t-t-they got c-c-carried!!
>>
>>340676554
I did Firefighter at moderately high level (world #32).
>>
File: 1344270660914.jpg (66 KB, 970x666) Image search: [Google]
1344270660914.jpg
66 KB, 970x666
>>340676736
>Doesn't remember the era of selling carries in BC

That and the bear mount is how I got gold cap on 6 characters.
>>
>>340677382
Not every single Hunter got carried/piloted in BC. That anon won't accept that he just sucked at the game.
>>
>>340661052
the game only got better overtime I have no idea what the fuck is people's deal
probably just got bored/too busy irl and blame this on blizzard
>>
File: soon.jpg (36 KB, 218x299) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
36 KB, 218x299
>>340661052
I probably would but none of my friends play anymore. So one of you /v/irgins needs to team up with me.
>>
>>340661052
Played from Classic to Wrath with a little Cataclysm before I quit. Would I come back for a Burning Crusade only server? Maybe, but it's unlikely. I was fifteen years old then, it was fine to play vidya with my friends from the minute I got home from school until 2 AM 6 days a week for all time. I loved every minute of it from farming mats and UBRS runs to weekly runs on Karazhan. But I'm an adult now and who has time for that shit? All my old friends are gone and my life is totally different. It's time to let the past stay in the past.
>>
>>340677685
Well its not his fault, hunters were shit, the only thing they had going for them in vanilla was 30 second long CCs and broken paw shutting down casters, all that was removed/nerfed in BC and replaced with more stant and cast abilities which makes hunters garbage, it wasn't until disengage and more instant cast shots were added that they became viable as a top class in arenas.

He is retarded though, arenas in BC were easy as shit, no one knew what they were doing and blizzard hard nerfed shit every other patch, I still remember rogue stacking before they added in the truesight buff
>>
>>340661052
If the reprogressed through vanilla-wotlk, maybe even pre nerf 4.0 without redoing the world, the branched in a different direction, i would literally suck metzens dick
>>
>>340671936
dont forget getting instagibbed by legendaries in arena, god bless shadowmourne :^)
>>
>>340678062
>play sp+lock in season 1
>shortly after the start of the season, everyone started bringing shadow res gear with them in case they faced against that comp
>resist, resist, resist
That sure was fun.
>>
>>340679153
>he didn't bring a spell pen set
the problems you encountered were purely your own fault, not the game's
>>
>>340661052
No, I quit after playing for a year back when it was released and it was shitty even back then.
>>
>>340661052
Yes I would resub. I'd want progressive servers and would like Vanilla/BC especially but Wrath would be ok also.
>>
File: 1461543991976.jpg (206 KB, 850x734) Image search: [Google]
1461543991976.jpg
206 KB, 850x734
reminder
>>
>>340679663
You could stack more shadow res than spell pen.
>>
>>340681073
We all know this is modern WOW

We don't want modern WOW, we want vanilla or something close to it.
>>
>>340661052
If the sub was $5 definitely, $10 maybe, $15 definitely not. I think what nos was going by releasing content in patches would be the best.
>>
>>340681073
>casuals ruin muh wow!1! used ironically
>mental issues with socialization

So your typical /v/-/r9k/ poster?
>>
>>340661052
every game coming out now seems to have a black protagonist after the Watchdogs 2 premier showing a black gangster who is extremely tech saavy, parkour master, and better martial artist than Jackie Chan.
>>
>>340675996

I got gladiator every season as hunter, god bless Viper Sting. You just sucked, retarded nigger.
>>
File: me.gif (1 MB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
me.gif
1 MB, 499x281
>>340661052
>If blizzard, as it is now, released legacy servers, but required you to re-subscribe, would you?
yes i would. as long as it had content up to either AQ40 or Naxx (original)
>>
File: 1465180336616.gif (3 MB, 487x540) Image search: [Google]
1465180336616.gif
3 MB, 487x540
>>340683854
>as it had content up to either AQ40 or Naxx (original)
this
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.