[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Picked any good games up from the GOG Summer sale? Here's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: gog.png (10 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
gog.png
10 KB, 180x180
Picked any good games up from the GOG Summer sale?

Here's what I got so far
>Railroad Tycoon Bundle
>Xcom bundle
>Longest Journey + Dreamfall: Longest Journey

Dunno what else I'm gonna get, just gonna keep my eye out for the bundle deals.
>>
Is Jade Empire a good game?
>>
>>340660654
After a certain point it gets pretty bad. I didn't like the story that much but the combat was cool. It can only really be compared to KOTOR or KOTOR 2. Worse than them, but I liked the setting.
>>
>>340660213
Homeworld remasted collection, Ziggarut and I got the free Gabriel Knight game.
>>
>>340660213
I wishlisted a bunch of shit will wait til last day probably in case bundles are coming
>>
Bought the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. bundle, but I'll probably never play any of them
>>
I picked up the old Dooms and Estelle's game. Havent had a go at them yet, however.
>>
>>340660213
Picked up the Ys bundle, I finally need to play these games.
I almost bought Ziggurat, but it looks like that game doesnt have an awful lot of weapons and spells, so I guess it will be boring fast.
>>
>>340660213
I want to pick up the Xcom bundle but I can't afford it this sale, unfortunately.

I got System Shock 1, To The Moon and redeemed that free Spelunkey.
>>
>>340661226
Shadow of Chernobyl is the only one you need to play. The other two are fantastic, but it's really Shadow of Chernobyl that keeps bringing people back.
>>
>>340661326
I'm a fucking noob when it comes to anime games. What anime games on GOG are worth getting? I see stuff like Hyper Dimension Neptunia and the Ys stuff, are those good? What kind of gameplay do they have, and are there more?
>>
Gonna pick up id bundle when I get home from work. I would pick up the Ys bundle if I didn't already own them all on Steam.
>>
>>340661495
> and are there more?

Trails of the Sky and Trails of the Sky Second Chapter are worthwhile.
>>
>>340660882
Thanks, anon. I might pick it up, for $3 I don't have too much to lose. The Asian setting sounds interesting, but how Bioware is the story?
>>
>>340661491
Did Steam have a workshop for this game? I know a big part of why people play it is because of the mods, and I'm hoping it's not too hard to mod the game in the GOG client
>>
>>340661826
It is THE most Bioware story
One of those "you walk away from your home village for 5 minutes only to find everyone dead and everything in flames" stories.
>>
>>340661997
Welp, this is going to be painful.
>>
>>340660213
I got Witcher 3, Bloodrayne, and Grim Dawn, I don't want any of the free games they're offering me though
>>
>>340662752
>grim dawn
no you can't crossplay with steam users and lan doesn't work
>>
>>340662752
Spelunky's great, the others I dunno. I imagine Dreamfall Chapters is only good if you've played the previous games and I know nothing about Gabriel Knight.
>>
I am waiting for Sea Dogs to go on sale.
>>
>>340660213
Mostly I'm wondering how I missed the first 2 days.

>considering Metro Redux, but I have 2033 from the THQ Humble Bundle a few years back
>considering System Shock 1, the main reason I never played it is because the interface is indecipherable and Enhanced Edition supposedly fixes that

I'd get Superhot if it were at a bigger discount. Also is Prison Architect any good?
>>
>>340663421
>Also is Prison Architect any good?
One of the best management games of recent years. That said I haven't played THAT much of it. Still gets updates too I think.
>>
>>340662968
Dank, I was planning on single player like with pretty much every other game I ever play
>>
WAITING FOR MOUNT AND BLADE WARBAND FUCK
>>
Dungeon keeper 2, sam and max hit the road, and planescape: torment
>>
>>340666341
>Dungeon keeper 2
>planescape: torment
excellent choice

never played sam and max though. only point and click adventures I've played from that era are the monkey island games
>>
Anyone played the Sherlock Holmes games?
>>
N O X
O
X
>>
>>340661495
grandia 2 is the best on gog
>>
Finally picked up the HOM&M bundle.
I played IV as a kid, loved it a lot but never touched the story because I didnt know english.
Should I start with III for story or can I start wherever.

Such a shame the new ones are shit.
>>
Just so you guys know,
Gog is making a huge push to expand and are hiring shills to promote on video games boards.

/v/ is probably not exempt
>>
>>340667894
please do me a favor and play I or at least II first since you probably won't want to go back to them after playing III and they're great in their own right
>>
>>340668031
idc really, I wouldn't mind gog expanding, I'd prefer it to steam if they had a larger library and I could transfer all my games from steam
>>
>>340666697
DK2 is great because it has charm. Like telling you you'll go blind if you watch the torture dungeon too much. It's a shame that it never got a true sequel
>>
>>340668304
it's a shame bullfrog died and molyneux with it desu.
>>
>>340668115
Yea I might as well. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>340668031
Okay. It's not like we wouldn't have made this thread anyway. If they want to waste money on this crap they can be my guest.
>>
I picked up rogue galaxy and have been having a lot of fun.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.