[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 Patch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 14
So, the newest patch killed the 1FP weapon art builds.

Guess it's just R1 spam forever now.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/06/09/dark-souls-3-update-1-08-today-fixes-issues-adjusts-weapons/#/slide/1
>>
>>340655105
>implying twin prince weapon art spam was any better.
>>
>>340656068
It offered a different way to play and was in no way overpowered. Now there is no reason to even use most of the weapon arts as the damage isn't much more than a regular r1 and no non magic user is going to waste estus on FP.
>>
>>340655105
Did some testing and it looks like you have to have at least half the required FP to cast weapon arts now.
>>
>>340657121
Can you check to see if it affects Quickstep? It was kind of a big deal that you could still quickstep regardless of FP.
>>
>>340657613
Weapon art animations still activate the same as they did at 0FP so I imagine quickstep will still work as before you just won't get the iframes.
>>
>>340658196
Oh okay good. That shit was important to me so swamp trudging wasn't so damn tedious.
>>
Way to kill a little thing that only increased weapon diversity and fun but leave in everything that actually is a problem

Awesome job z team
>>
>>340656438
There is also no reason to use simple infusions now. Blood, Poison, Simple, and Blessed are completely pointless gems, good job From.
>>
File: 1464666951729.jpg (225 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1464666951729.jpg
225 KB, 800x533
>>340655105
And this is why Bloodborne is the better game.

Enjoy Cuck Souls 3, rehash edition, shitters.
>>
File: Aldrich Devourer of Gods.jpg (578 KB, 1601x914) Image search: [Google]
Aldrich Devourer of Gods.jpg
578 KB, 1601x914
That reminds me, I still need to read the new chapter for the shitty official comic
>>
My weapon art builds were the only fun builds I had in DaS3. I don't see much point in playing the game anymore.
>>
>>340655105
does it mean that people who want to use weapon arts have to invest in fp points now like the game was designed to?

oh no
>>
>>340659570
That dialogue is pretty awkward.
>>
>>340659570
I still can't get over how she defeated Mean Sun Solare.
>>
>>340655105
Wait, they actually added an FP requirement to weapon arts now?Who the fuck asked for this?
>>
>>340659924
But the skills themselves are not useful enough to bother investing attunement in and wasting estus on.

Magic and weapon arts don't synergize at all so a magic user is also not going to bother with skills.

Simple gems were only useful for fueling weapon art builds, now there they are just as useless as Blessed gems.
>>
goddamnit
>>
>>340658762

Wait, why?
>>
Welp, I'm gonna focus entirely on Gundam Breaker III now until they buff simple infusion to compensate.
>>
>>340659924
>I love shit!

My impression of you
>>
>>340659924
>ONLY THE DEVS KNOW WHAT'S RIGHT FOR THIS GAME

Cuck.
>>
>>340660657
Simple Infusions don't recover FP fast enough to be useful for mages and the magic scaling is outclassed by crystal infusions (split damage is garbage anyways).

Poison is a useless status

Hollow gems are better for bleed builds than bleed gems.

Blessed gems recover health so slowly its not worth wasting an infusion on (you also gain life faster by swapping the regen ring in and out). The scaling is also terrible for blessed infusions and the blessed status only works on a couple enemies in one area.
>>
Why? This doesn't solve any pvp related issues, all it does is make pve more tedious and less fun.
>>
File: 1441819401408.png (23 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1441819401408.png
23 KB, 800x800
>>340661485

I have so many weapons with bleed gems on them. God that kills my motivation to play.
>>
>>340661510
r1 with a straight sword or gtfo
>>
>>340661935
>straight sword
fuck off grant. the coochie banana is still the best
>>
>>340661657
Hollow is only better if you've got 30+ luck

Why don't you use your brain and figure shit out for yourself? The impulse to reaction image and take people's word too much?
>>
>>340659570
She gets completely BTFO.

It has even less to do with Dark Souls than issue 1. Aside from one mention of the Old Chaos and "BY ORNSTEIN'S JAGGED SPEAR!" there's not even a hint of Dark Souls. It's just a recreation of the giant spider fight from the Hobbit films.
>>
wats 1fp
>>
>>340661657
A good bleed build is:
30 luck
2 hollow infused weapons in each hand
Carthus rouge

hollow infusion adds +5 luck when you are hollowed at 15 or more so you only need to invest in 30 luck to reach cap (more luck also increases bleed chance). Hollow infusions can also use buffs (blood infusions can not) so you can use carthus rouge to double bleed potential. Hollow infusions also get the highest scaling from quality bleed weapons (out performs sharp, heavy and refined infusions).
>>
>>340662616
>Hollow infusions also get the highest scaling from quality bleed weapons
A bit misleading
Hollow infusions end up with the highest AR with quality bleed weapons because they get regular scaling with STR/DEX but also gain additional scaling with LCK.
>>
That's great and all, but when are they going to make every weapon class that isn't straight sword and katana worth a damn?

In the other 2 Souls games, you could potentially beat the game with reapers, fists and whips. Doing that in DaS3 is like pulling teeth. Even Magic is hard mode in that game.
>>
>>340661458
Yes. They created it, they tested it, they designed it. You on the other hand, don't have experience in any of that. Stay quiet.
>>
>>340662582
Before the patch you only needed 1FP (the mana used to cast spells) to activate weapon arts, regardless of its actual activation cost, that meant that if you had a Simple infused weapon/shield in your offhand you would get a free weapon art every 2 seconds (simple infusions regenerate FP). Some weapons had really interesting weapon arts (twin princes sword, mornes hammer) so players would make builds around them. The new patch changed it so that you now need at least half the required FP cost of a weapon art to activate which effectively killed everyone's weapon art builds.
>>
>>340662982
Seriously what the fuck happened to magic in DaSIII?

I tried to play once as mage and got buttfucked by the lizard and then Iudex, played as Knight and didn't died until the fatso before Vordt.
>>
>>340663296
You are the one without experience. Games should be designed with the player in mind. If the players don't like what was designed they are not going to play it. If you are trying to argue that From designed the game for players to not play it then I would say they succeeded because I don't feel like playing the game anymore.
>>
>>340663540
>Shoot soul spears or great soul arrows from outside aggro range and kill everything in 2 hits

Seems fine to me, maybe dark sword is more your style
>>
>>340663735
I played DaS and DaSII as mage, being knight is new for me.
>>
>>340663735
if you had read the post he is talking about early game sorcerers which are garbage. Even late game sorcerers don't compare to a good melee build. Sorcerers also have 9 mandatory items they have to have equipped to make the build worthwhile and there are only a couple good spells. Melee builds have a higher degree of freedom with their equipment and a quality build can use almost every weapon in the game, with most of them being strong enough to be worthwhile.

Sorcery is garbage.
>>
>>340663735
>kill everything in 2 hits

Confirmed for never touching magic in Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>340663735
My problem is that the lock on range is far too short and its incredibly difficult to aim spells reliably. If they made spells have crosshairs then it wouldn't be much of an issue, but the range is too far gimped.
>>
>>340664238
I mean if you don't have the intelligence to make a sorcery build maybe you should stick with 40/40 dark sword
>>
>>340664349
If they just made it so ranged weapons/spells could be aimed with the center of the screen it would make things much easier.
>>
>>340664335
People who make that kind of statements are PvP fags who dont actually know how magic works outside their precious fight clubs.
>>
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
Apologize
>>
>>340664886
Never
>>
>>340655105
It keeps getting worse and worse. Fuck this game.
>>
Did they fix the matchmaking for blues/darkmoon on ps4? Or is it forever fucked?
>>
>>340662134
Hollow is always better.

Blood infusions fuck up your scaling and your ability to buff. Since luck also affects bleed chance theoretically you should be increasing you luck when using blood infusions, but if you do that you may as well use hollow infusions as you get better scaling and don't have the negatives that blood infusions get.

The only time blood infusions are acceptable is when your favourite weapon doesn't have bleed and you don't care that its weak.
>>
>>340664886
after the memes of how bad it was, i tried it anyway. it looks, feels, sounds, and plays fucking ancient. like if i was playing a ps2 game. it came as quite a surprise. ds1 and 3 are far better in every respect. the atmosphere is also bad
>>
File: 1436172215888.png (148 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1436172215888.png
148 KB, 400x400
>>340662574
Ornstein's spear isn't jagged...
>>
>>340665534
or put bleed on an innate bleed weapon and not have to rely on applying resins for your spinaroony bleed prayer shit
>>
>>340664886
>box art is grey and boring just like the fucking game
>>
>>340665329
they sorta fixed it last patch, but I haven't seen much of an improvement. Mention of further fixing in this patch.
>>
>>340655105
Hey guys, community manager for namco here. Sorry you're unhappy about the new patch- but I have some new information on the new DLC to cheer you up. It'll be shown at e3 btw. I normally hang out on /r/darksouls3 but someone there pointed me to this community. Since it's anonymous and nobody will believe me I figured a little leak won't hurt. I posted this a few weeks ago, but I have a better translation now.

With the new DLC "Descent of Deep Waters", DARK SOULS III once again immerses players in a world of challenge and despair. Discover the secrets of the deep, travel the pilgrim desert and face the charcoal church of hollows.

New maps, bosses, enemies and additional weapon and armor sets await. Prepare yourself once more and embrace the darkness.

With the new DLC "Dreaded Bridge of God", DARK SOULS III once again immerses players in a world of challenge and despair. Face the fearsome hornbirds and alone warriors on the path to the dreaded god bridge. Cross bridge between realms, and confront the terrible secret within the angelic realm of god.

New maps, bosses, enemies and additional weapon and armor sets await. Prepare yourself once more and embrace the darkness.

Enjoy. :)
>>
>>340664886
Im sorry i bought ds2 on release
>>
>>340655105
LITERALLY R1 SPAM THE GAME NOW WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA
>>
>>340665660
That doesn't work. Blood infusion overrides innate bleed, it doesn't add to it. Hollow infused weapons with bleed + carthus rouge outperform blood infused weapons in both damage and bleed chance.
>>
>>340662574
post scans pls
>>
>adjusted fist weapons

Please tell me they are viable now.
>>
>>340665820
what's the point of DLC if no one wants to play the game?
>>
File: 11.jpg (18 KB, 185x228) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
18 KB, 185x228
>>340665820
Here's your (you).
>>
>>340666096
Probably not. Low damage was an issue (and was probably the one that was adjusted), but the other issue was the shit moveset and I don't think that was fixed.
>>
>>340665820
Where is the DLC enabling poise?

And where is the DLC making shit not a shit game
>>
>>340665950
Works fine, increases the bleed aux and you keep it as an offhand or backup to a main weapon. Now you got threat of bleed buildup without having to rely on resins or 40 luck. Seems like you're a meta shitter who relies on the one shot bleed spinaroony and people walking into it for you
>>
>>340666303
That and the caestus dont stagger for shit.
>>
>>340659570
She kills THE EVERLORD

Also spooky chaos spiders
>>
>>340666363
everything works "fine," even fist weapons work "fine," but that doesn't change the fact that hollow is a better infusion than blood if you want to do a bleed build.
>>
>>340665632
Well she also refers to it as his lugged spear.
But the comic shit.
It's loosely associated with Dark souls with namedrops and memes but otherwise it is completely alien in lore and aesthetics.
>>
>>340665820
This is 110% fake but

>Face the fearsome hornbirds and alone warriors on the path to the dreaded god bridge. Cross bridge between realms, and confront the terrible secret within the angelic realm of god.

That sounds pretty cool and I wish it was real but Miyazaki is a hack that will just have us fighting more meme Ds1 hack shit with no poise
>>
>>340666034
Don't have the time to storytime it, but anyone that wants to do so can get it from here:

http://www77.zippyshare.com/v/rVkRu2hQ/file.html
>>
>>340665820

Hey guise, CEO of From Software here. Sorry you're unhappy about the new patch- but I have some new information on the new DLC to cheer you up. It'll be shown at e3 btw. I normally hang out on /r/darksouls3 but someone there pointed me to this community. Since it's anonymous and nobody will believe me I figured a little leak won't hurt. I posted this a few weeks ago, but I have a better translation now.

With the new DLC "Descent of Deep Memes," DARK SOULS III once again immerses players in a world of challenge and despair. Discover the secrets of the /v/, travel the pilgrim desert of /b/ and face the charcoal church of /pol/.

New niggers, SJWs, cucks and additional weapon and armor sets await.

With the new DLC "Dreaded SJW of NeoGaf", DARK SOULS III once again immerses players in a world of challenge and despair. Face the fearsome social justice warriors on the path to the dreaded political correctness bridge. Cross bridge between NeoGaf and Tumblr, and confront the terrible secret within the angelic realm of SJWs.

New SJWs, SJWs, SJWs and additional weapon and armor SJWs await. Prepare yourself once more and embrace the darkness.
>>
>>340665820
Please add more dancer into the DLC

Also bring back the primordial serpents
>>
>>340666263
Thank you?

>>340666124
I think many people still enjoy the game. :)

>>340666348
Poise was removed and changed throughout development because Namco initially was looking into developing the souls series into a moba esport title and poise as it was currently implemented raised the skill ceiling and they really didn't want that. Additionalyl it made it harder for invaders to be killed by multiple phantoms. Several people lost their job over it since Fromsoft was sticking to their guns initially. I think they still might be trying to make a souls MOBA with a different developer, but since From absolutely refused to go down that road they just decided to push the release up and push marketing to make it super profitable. (They had been promising a highly revolutionary moba style souls game to their investors for a while so they needed some money to show)

This was actually the reason miyazaki was so upset about the leaks last year, because they spilled the beans that he was working on a completely different game than what they wanted.
>>
>>340667420
>Namco initially was looking into developing the souls series into a moba esport title

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKK
>>
>>340667420
LEAVE OUR FUCKING GAMES ALONE NAMCO

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>340667420
fuck this shit im done with vidya they can turn everything into fucking memes idk
>>
>>340667420
This guy is full of shit but the whole poise being off shit is about as clear an indicator that you can get that the "we need a broader audience" infected the game
>>
>>340668043
He'd better be full of shit. i guess if the DLC fits his description then hes legit?

holy fuck though if that is actually true im going to burn down bamco
>>
What if FP was balanced around not having blueberry estus? Or better yet, what if you got a certain amount of casts for spells for each copy of the spell you have? It's also strange that DaS3 has a ring that lowers durability damage, I didn't even know it was in the game, what if WAs used durability? I know I'm goin into the deep end here, but it might work better than what we have now.

>>340664886
This meme does not have my consent.
>>
>>340667540
>>340667779
>>340667986

You guys know its not true right? This idea of DS moba came from the fact that Namco Bandai was developing a moba, and retards though "Oh, they are the guys who published DS right? IT MUST BE A DS MOBA."

Which wasnt true at all - the game is Supernova, and its as far from the DS setting as you can get.

Dont believe every idiot on /v/.
>>
File: 02.jpg (22 KB, 189x141) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
22 KB, 189x141
>people believing there's a SCAMCOfag in the thread posting
>>
>>340663974
Sounds to me like you're just trash. I put all my levels into intelligence (so I had what, 400 hp?) and my first death was Pontiff.
>>
>>340668726
>Namco want a dark souls MOBA
>Promised MOBA to their investor
>From refuses to make souls moba
>Namco has to make their own moba to keep investors happy

look im not saying its true but it might be

if his dlc info is true then 100% confirmed
>>
File: dark souls kart.jpg (302 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
dark souls kart.jpg
302 KB, 1280x1707
>>340668726
>dark souls moba
>not dark souls kart
I'd play that shit
>>
>no more sacred flame abuse

I will miss it
>>
>>340668774
>>340668726
>>340668043
This is what I love about 4chan.org. I can leak all the shit I want to for fun without getting caught and literally nobody will believe me or care until after it's announced. :)
>>
>>340669028
Good. From didn't give in to faggot bamco. Although a moba with a DS atmosphere could be very cool and interesting, it would ruin the name of the series. Just let from focus on making new RPG's.
>>
>>340669028

>Namco has to make their own moba to keep investors happy

That doesnt make any sense. If they wanted a DS moba, they would have at least done a similar setting. But Supernova is sci-fi and has no similarity in mechanics nor setting.

I've seen literally 4 "leaks" on /v/ just today. E3 is getting closer.

>>340669385

Nigger, please. If you wanna invent a leak, at least write a different sentence to the 2nd DLC.

And "Dreaded Bridge of God"? Where did you get that? A death metal band?

>I can leak all the shit I want to for fun without getting caught

Oh, so you do it regularly? LOL Please tell me what you leaked the last time bro.

I think Im gonna screencap your post so I can educate people on believing "leaks."
>>
>>340665820
>>340669385
>someone there pointed me to this community
>This is what I love about 4chan.org
>implying you didn't know about this community
>implying you love thus community
At least try to be consistent you tool
>>
>>340670042
please do!

I'm just translating descriptions of the DLC that was sent out to a bunch of people in bamco. So the format of the descriptions are pretty similar.

The translation on the bridge was hard especially since I don't know much japanese.

The literal direct translation is "Terrifying the bridge to God" so I improvised a bit with the names.
>>
File: kek_1.jpg (9 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
kek_1.jpg
9 KB, 265x190
>>340670262
>>340670759

BTFO
>>
>magic is shit
>weapon arts are now shit
>poise is "working as intended"
>R1 spamming forever
RIP DaS3, you were almost a good game.
>>
>>340670262
I posted this info a few weeks ago, when I was first pointed here by a PM from a reddit user which is when I began to enjoy this wonderful and strange community :)
>>
File: E84EfZo.jpg (53 KB, 640x548) Image search: [Google]
E84EfZo.jpg
53 KB, 640x548
>>340670759
>Talks out his ass
>Can't provide one lick of proof
Just another day on the /v/

>>340671140
Pic related
>>
>>340671140
You're funny, I like you. good humor :)
>>
>>340671458
So is this you?

https://www.reddit.com/user/Kimmundi
>>
>>340663540
>Seriously what the fuck happened to magic in DaSIII?
They was most likely going to add another mechanic, but didn't, so its shit.
Or you aren't using 5x damage boost items(magic clutch + 2 dragon rings + Lloyds Sword + Dusk Hat) + catalyst special

And Pyromancy is still better.
>>
Will they ever activate poise?
>>
>>340663540
Maybe after both DLCs magic will be good. But I still doubt it.
>>
>>340671676
Sorry, I wish I could give more but my english is not the very best and my japanese is even worse, plus translation software is almost as bad.

Plus proof might get me fired, it's part of the excitement of posting on here that I cannot be caught
>>
>>340671850
Question to make a decent pyromancer what stats do I need to have, for a first run of curse.
>>
File: 1464782062296.jpg (369 KB, 1200x1062) Image search: [Google]
1464782062296.jpg
369 KB, 1200x1062
>>340672067
>Hi I'm community manager for blamco
>Here's information I'm not allowed to release
>No way I could be caught right?
You know how I know this is fake?
>>
>>340671390
magic got buffed and is better now
weapon arts are now more balanced (1 fp weapon arts were not balanced but they tried to make a compromise and now if you don't have necessary fp it'll only cost half if you have at least that amount)
get good
get good
>>
>>340671990
Poise is activated, but all it does is make it so you lose less I-frames on rolls after you get hit.
>>
>>340672214
20/20 Faith/Int 30/30 if you feel it really works
Enough attunement to get all your fun spells

Same issue as Pyro and Miracles have: The game is designed around stupid amounts of item stacking to even work, so you have to use 4-5 inventory slots anyhow.
But at the least its not like Sorcery where everything is so resistant to magic its hard to do anything.
>>
>>340672305
This is what I hate of the souls communicate and why I don't like to be associated with it, every criticism gets dismissed by memeing git gud and its variations.
>>
>>340655105
>Guess it's just R1 spam forever now.

I just want my R2 combos to come back. ;-;
>>
>>340671813
>>340672285
>>340672067

Let's fucking get this scamco shill fuck FIRED
>>
>>340672515
>practicing a game and learning the mechanics so you can play better is a meme
>>
>>340671813
>>340671813
>>340665820
>being such a huge newfag you accidentally doxx yourself
>>
File: 12.jpg (180 KB, 626x960) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
180 KB, 626x960
>>340659570
>posting inferior comic
>>
>>340672393
This was debunked awhile ago.
>>
>Offensive miracles are faster in general.
>>
>>340673326
Proof?
>>
>>340673370
If you go back to the source of that theory you'll that it was debunked in the comments.
https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4jdwy6/dark_souls_3_poise_mechanics_im_pretty_damn_sure/d373yp1

Directly linked to said part of the comments.
>>
>>340673367
speed wasn't even the issue.
>>
File: 1436542948321.jpg (75 KB, 547x692) Image search: [Google]
1436542948321.jpg
75 KB, 547x692
I thought people liking 2 more was a meme but after 300+ hours in 3, im pretty sure its the worst entry in the series even 2 was better
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.