[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone help me understand this screen? as long as 'projected
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: mgsvtpp_2016_06_10_19_34_24_694.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp_2016_06_10_19_34_24_694.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
can someone help me understand this screen?
as long as 'projected loss' is zero and 'acquisition probability' is 100% they will complete the mission without losses?
or there is always the chance that something goes to shit and some of my staff gets hurt or killed?
>>
>>340652504
'acquisition probability' is the chanche of getting the resource
i'm pretty sure that at the end of the mission every soldier makes a roll based on the 'projected loss' and as far as i rembember you never have a 100% survival rate, so the best thing to do is to always send expendeable soldier
>>
>>340652504
There is always a chance the mission will fail and always a chance someone will die. The only exception is online missions, which are guaranteed to succeed but have higher losses.
The RNG never goes away. The best you can get offline is 95% success and 3% loss, but some missions have their loss-rate locked to a higher value.
>>
>>340653129
what does it mean 'online mission'?
am i sending my unit against another player's unit?
>>
Am I missing something or online missions are always a waste of time and active slot? I can get much more stuff offline in those 24 hours, let alone 5 days.
>>
Put all kikongo on team.
>>
>>340653450
No. Online Missions require an internet connection and progress while the game is closed. It's tied to your account. They typically take several real-time days.
Offline Missions require the game to be open and to be running.
>>
File: mgsvtpp_2016_06_10_19_49_25_742.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp_2016_06_10_19_49_25_742.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>340653559
oh..i see..thanks.
the game doesnt really explain this part very well.
also i have another question, if you dont mind:
why on some weapons/equipment it says in green 'equippable by security force' and 'security settings set to LETHAN/NON LETHAL'?
what does it mean?
is it something i have yet to see?
>>
>>340653997
If you don't have security unit on your base, then don't worry about it yet. Just progress through the story.
>>
>>340653997
When you have an FOB constructed, you will have a Security Unit and staff for that unit. It's effectively a second Combat Unit, but the soldiers in it are deployed on your FOBs to defend it when you are invaded by other players.
There are Lethal and Non-Lethal settings for the FOB, which alters the equipment and behavior of your staff depending on what you have available.
>>
>>340654304
>when you are invaded by other players.

are you kidding me?
>>
Once you're in the endgame, it doesnt matter anymore anyways.
Just throw your soldiers at them, its noz line it matters in the end.
>>
>>340654454
No, he doesn't. They can invade even while you're offline.
>>
>>340654454
Thanks for the input, Karl.
>>
>>340654454
If you literally never go online you can finish the game without having to deal with the mandatory multiplayer, but you won't have access to the online-only content they cut from release and have been trickling into the game since November.
>>
>>340654575
what the fuck is this???
dork souls or some bullshit???
i knew nothing o this when i bought the game.
man fuck this.
>>
File: 1464717693300.jpg (298 KB, 996x851) Image search: [Google]
1464717693300.jpg
298 KB, 996x851
>>340654905
What a pussy.
Don't worry no one need your filthy A ranks.
>>
>>340654905
Something like this. Your current motherbase is safe and will always be safe. But at some point you'll build a forward operation base (FOB) which basically expands your storage and personell capacities, so that you can do bigger upgrades, but FOBs are wulnerable to other players invasions. They can steal your people and resourses, or they can just kill them. If they trigger an alarm, you'll be notified and be able to defend your FOB personally. But if you're oflline - tough luck. You'll be able to form alliances with other people, so that they can defend you if you're not around. And if you literally never invade anyone, you'll be rarely invaded yourself. The game is also perfectly beatable even if you get all of your FOB shit stolen constantly. It's annoying, but not gamebraking.
>>
File: Skull-face.png (1 MB, 1100x1080) Image search: [Google]
Skull-face.png
1 MB, 1100x1080
>>340655684
It also perfectly fit the game theme of lust for revenge.
Only scrubs hate FOBs.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.