[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wrote this for a thread now archived but at this point I wrote
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1463335939868.png (345 KB, 500x560) Image search: [Google]
1463335939868.png
345 KB, 500x560
I wrote this for a thread now archived but at this point I wrote all of it so here you go.

I think TF2 is the better game, but I've been playing a ton of Overwatch just because it's different. They're both really good games, but I think TF2 has way more variation. Yes, TF2 has 9 heroes, but weapon unlocks, 12-player teams, and map design give it the edge.

Especially the 12 player teams. Overwatch's team size limit makes it feel very confined as to what heroes to chose and the amount of team strategies.

Weapon unlocks give each class lots of variation, even creating new sub-classes such as Demoknight, Huntsman Sniper, and Punch Heavy. They ultimately give it more variation.

Maps are much better designed in TF2, and the bad maps in Overwatch are one of its major flaws. I can't stand playing on King's Row.

TF2 has a very unique setting and art design that made it age very well and still looks pretty good to this. Overwatch, while not a generic military shooter, will look and feel kinda bland at times, especially after a few years.

TF2 had clever, funny character designs that made you want to watch each short just for their humor, and the in-game voice lines (especially the domination lines) are entertaining. Overwatch has a handful of cool character designs (Winston, Junkrat) but most of them feel bland or flat (Genji, Widowmaker, Reaper). I only ever wanted to watch one of the Overwatch shorts.

One more thing. TF2 has more independence to it. That doesn't mean you shouldn't work with your team, but in combination with the 12 players, it allows for things like 4 consecutive hours on the same Hightower server and never being bored.
>>
>>340646286
Then play TF2.

Also, how do I unsubscribe to this blog?
>>
>>340646286
Then go play that trash, and stop blogging
>>
>>340646286

Tf 2 is dead now and everyone wants Overwatch to be the next TF 2 but it isn't.

If you are still playing after the F2P update then idk what to tell you.

Also the class unlocks really fucked over some of the classes and dramatically changed the dynamic of the game without adding anything meaningful, mini sentry comes to mind there
>>
I just want to vent. D.Va's gun are useless. Even if I get up in their grill, no one is dumb enough to stand there while getting shot. I do no damage, so even if I get a flank, what's the point?
>>
>>340646286

>no f2p
>no shitty hats that ruined the look of the game
>no items that ruined the feel of the game in one fell swoop
>no shitty meme cosmetic items

Look im not going to deny that TF 2 has the better maps, gameplay, etc but the game is dead now thanks to valves shitty cash shop. You would be hard pressed to find a server with actual mature people on it.
>>
No shiny butts, no play.
>>
>>340646286
balance-wise, i agree with you. in tf2 if the other team decided to have half of their team go sniper, they would probably just get rekt by all the rush-down classes. in overwatch if the other team goes half widow you're basically fucked unless you use another dumb strategy to deal with it (double winston)
>>
>>340647590
D.Va is a good harass hero. Like Winston, she's great at getting behind enemy lines and causing absolute chaos. She also has the best area denial ability in the game, though granted, it is countered by Reinhardt's shield.
>>
>>340647590
she's getting a buff in the next update
>>
>>340647787
I use her to go after Widowmakers and Hanzo's, but I can never score a kill to help the team. I do like shutting down Roadhog and Reaper's Ultimates, though.

Just feels that EVERYONE will kill me before I get them.

>>340647867
Thankful for that.
>>
One thing I don't like about overwatch are the physics, all the 'throw an item' abilities like meis ult or junkrats mine feel really shitty to throw like they have a hard set travel distance based on your throw angle instead of abiding by any in-game laws of physics
>>
File: soldier 76.jpg (89 KB, 1280x732) Image search: [Google]
soldier 76.jpg
89 KB, 1280x732
TF2 in its heyday > Overwatch > TF2 now
>>
>>340646286
Awesome, see you on TF2 tonight!
What server you play on?
>>
>but weapon unlocks

This is legitimately what made me drop TF2.
I stopped playing after the first Mannco update because I got real tired of this shit.

I'd rather have new classes than new weapons that completely change an existing character's playstyle. Thats a garbage way of handling it in my opinion.
>>
>>340646286
TF2 has had years and years and fucking years on end to perfect their balance and this kind of shit.

Literally years of work.

Y E A R S
E
A
R
S
>>
>>340648301
I always feel like Junkrat's steel trap is supposed to go as far as his mine when I throw it but it never does
>>
>>340648445

Valve doesn't take years to practice. They take years to slowly peel all the good devs off the game, have the community make hats for them, until their whole team ends up as one or two interns on balance duty.

They did it to TF2 and they did it to Dota. Can't wait to see what cool thing they make and then proceed to ruin next.
>>
>>340647590
I used to feel like you, but while I still think she needs a tweak or a buff(either damage on her weapons or the shots causing some kind of effect like a slight slow), she's started to click with me. Like that anon says, you should play her like a infiltrating harasser. Cause mayhem behind their lines. And on neutral maps like Lijyang or Tibet, she can be enormously effective just sitting on site. If you just plant your ass behind a wall/corner you force them to come in close range, where your guns suddenly can do a lot of damage.
>>
File: 1464973245171.jpg (703 KB, 901x750) Image search: [Google]
1464973245171.jpg
703 KB, 901x750
>>340646286
>unsubscribblydooo
>>
Is this the thread where we pretend that plenty of unlockable weapons weren't useless or outclassed on release? And let's not forget that certain unlock able ended up being straight upgrades, like the degreaser or the ubersaw.

Stop being stupid. If you want to actually discuss or debate this then act like a rational person without a glaring bias.
>>
>>340650308
>straight upgrades, like the degreaser
aaand your opinions are invalidated
>>
>>340647780
So.... They're the same in that regard?
>>
I agree with Overwatch'd maps being garbage. They all feel the same to me, and so small.

I think team size is fine as it is, though I'f like the option to bump it up to 8 players at least.
>>
>>340647356
This.

TF2 is basically dead these days. The high player count on steam is basically due to bots, ERPers, and bronies.
>>
>>340651401
>TF2 is basically dead these days
>The high player count on steam is basically due to bots, ERPers, and bronies
So that's why I can hop on basically any time of day and choose from a selection of full 24 player servers running a selection of different game modes and maps?
>>
>>340651772
It's a corpse of its former self. Not him but Valve has just propped up a dead body long past rigor mortis.
>>
>>340652726
>the second most popular game on steam, the most popular PC gaming platform, is a 'corpse'
AHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.