[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burning PS2 iso
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 219x196) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 219x196
Tried burning a PS2 iso onto a DVDR disc using imgburn. Completed the burn and then tried playing it on my stock PS2. A screen popped up saying "insert PS2 formatted disc". What am I doing wrong?
>>
Well have you done anything to your ps2? They don't play burned discs straight out of the box. Use Free Mcboot. All you need is a ps2 memory card, usb stick, and maybe a Codebreaker.
>>
>>340642935
Haven't done anything to it. Should I just search ps2 iso mod or something on YouTube?
>>
you need fmcb
>>
I have a similar issue with my PsOne. It is able to read burned discs. Atleast for original cd to burned cd. When I burn a rom to an empty disc and try to use it on my Psone it doesnt read it.

Any solution?
>>
>>340642645
You need to hardmod or softmod your PS2 first you dummy.

You need the original 007 or any original game that uses .elf files.

Or a HDD.
>>
>>340642645
Man, these fucking people are on /v/.
>>
>asking /v/ for such things
They are going to burn your console
>>
>>340642935
https://web.archive.org/web/20160422011841/https://www.reddit.com/r/ps2/comments/2ig0q0/tutorial_how_to_play_iso_game_backups_that_are/
>>
get a dreamcast if you wanna play burnt games without modding your console bub
>>
If you have a chipped PS2, they usually have a set of instructions used to activate/deactivate it.

If you don't, you need to go through the process of setting up FMCB.

Try burning your games at the lowest possible speed that you can on imgburn. I usually do 2x or 4x. Try not to have it set on auto or else it will go as fast as possible. I usually use Alcohol 120% when burning my PS2 and Dreamcast games.
>>
PATHETIC.

>Burning ps2s now

This won't save Nintendo, microshit, or PC youbfucking retard
>>
>mfw cannot play Forbidden Siren 2 on my chipped PS2 due to not having a way to convert NTSC to PAL on my TV.
>Game has texture glitches all over on ps2 emulator.
>>
>>340645485
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/ps2-homebrew/ntsc2pal-and-esr-disc-patcher/
>>
>>340645485
sorry, this one
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/tools/pal-to-ntsc-with-yfix-usa/
>>
OP, I could never get the iso's to run off the PS2 even after FMCB. I ended up connecting my PC with iso's on the HDD to my PS2 through a router. There are a few tutorials on YouTube and shit to get it set up.
>>
>>340645731
Tried it. Probably fucked something up, but it didn't fit on my screen after that. Freezes on the opening scene.
>>
>>340645485
convert the iso itself?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.