[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Hitman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
>No bullshit mollycoddling
>Actually has a plot.
>Greatest level design
>>
Motherfucking ballers. I use to play the first mission over and over just dragging the daddy and son onto the roof around the pool. I'd then shoot their dead bodies with the ballers and send them flying into the stratosphere all the way to the delivery guy's truck.
>>
File: 1389176953ckdm[2].jpg (1 MB, 1534x2196) Image search: [Google]
1389176953ckdm[2].jpg
1 MB, 1534x2196
>>340641241
I think gameplay wise Blood Money is objectively the best in measurable standards, but Hitman 2 will always be my favourite.

Anyhow, post your:

>FAVOURITE MISSION if its A New Life, post your second favourite

>FAVOURITE WEAPON

>FAVOURITE HITMAN GAME

>FAVOURITE KILL

Mine would be

>Anathema
>Walther WA2000
>Silent Assassin
>Botching the surgery in terminal hospitality
>>
>>340641418
>ever shooting in a hitman game
>>
>>340641418
I only played through it the one time I think, cause it was hard as fuck, and unfortunately I got spoiled the major spoiler, but I might run through it again now that it's on GOG.

I remember really liking the level where you had to kill that Chinaman in the tower, which was like three levels before you could get the payoff. First you had to break in to the compound, then the tower, then climb the tower, then escape I think.
>>
>>340641241
Wish it had Contracts sneaking speed.
>>
>play through
>get to YAME YAME
>stop

yeah ill take blood money or contracts anyday
>>
>tfw I didn't understand how the Anaesthetic works and enemies kept waking up after 5 seconds.
>>
>>340643958
at least you follow orders.
>>
>>340641241
Blood Money was extremely poslished as a Hitman game

Contracts had the best soundtrack

Silent Assassin had amazing levels
>>
>>340644052
i dont even know what way to walk without getting fucked by snipers and guards and i dont wanna look up a guide
>>
>>340644242
just use invisibility cheat
>>
>>340644076
I'm surprised anyone played that shitfest long enough to notice the soundtrack.
>>
>>340644242
Well you have binoculars
The only hard part about that mission is trying to get SA since a couple of parts in the run can bug.
>>
I beat Hitman 2 years ago and liked it. Tried going back last week.... fuck up, restart mission, fuck up, restart mission, fuck up, restart mission. Really can't put up with this kind of game but the plot was awesome,
>>
>>340644993
Not as bad as Hitman 1. Had to savestate after every bullet I managed to plug into Scarface in that one level.
>>
>>340645170
I really can't stand the amount of save scumming involved in these games. Metal Gear Solid 5 actually had bullet time which I think is perfect for these kind of games. Alas
>>
>>340644914
>contracts
>shitfest
anon you'd best explain yourself right now
>>
>>340646301
>Name one good level from Contracts.
>protip: you can't
>>
>>340645170
You know you can snipe him, right?
>>
Blood Money > Contracts > Hitman 6 > Silent Assassin > Absolution > Codename 47
>>
>>340647104
Hitman 2> Blood Money> Absolution> Codename: 47>Didn't play>Contracts
>>
I barely hear anybody talking about the new Hitman game, even though I think it's pretty good. Releasing one level each month is silly, but the game itself is pretty good and much, much closer to what a Hitman game wants to be than Absolution.
>>
>>340646851
>meat kings party
>traditions of the trade
>hunter and hunted
>deadly cargo
>any of the hong kong levels
>>
>>340647282
We've had quite a few threads about it on /v/. They're not 500 reply threads, but they do exist. Also, Hitman 6 talk tends to derail any talk about the old Hitman games nowadays.

Sapienza > Paris > Marrakesh > Military Base > The Yacht
>>
>>340647242
I have no idea how anyone could think Silent Assassin is the best game. It's very nostalgic for me because it's the first game I played in the series and it's what got me into the series to begin with, but Contracts, Blood Money and 6 just annihilate it. Silent Assassin has a few excellent levels and quite a bit of mediocre to outright garbage levels. From Contracts on is when the series learned what levels suit Hitman best and worked on improving level design.

The only thing I think Silent Assassin is best with is the soundtrack.
>>
>>340647470
What do you think about the Opportunity mechanic in Hitman 6? I kinda like that they came up with so many different ways to distract or kill your target, but actually doing an opportunity feels too much like you're just being railroaded from one step to the next. I wish they would be less obvious and require a bit more work, because so far I find just following an opportunity to be the easiest and safest way to kill your target.
>>
>>340646851
literally all of them, m8.
>>
>>340647746
some of them require some work. a lot of time it's 'get disguise X' and all they give you is the person wearing such a disguise, you still have to figure out a way to get him quietly so you can take his disguise.
>>
>>340647746
I have literally every option in the gameplay menu turned off. It's the equivalent of Professional difficulty, which is how I always played the other Hitman games.

From what I've seen in gameplay videos, the opportunity system outright spells out the obvious and tells you what to do in every single step to get an easy assassination going. It's insane that it's turned on by default.
>>
>>340641730
>FAVOURITE MISSION
The Death of Hannelore
>FAVOURITE WEAPON
Silverballers
>FAVOURITE HITMAN GAME
Hitman 2
>FAVOURITE KILL
The two targets from Traditions of the Trade

Good taste my friend, I wish I didn't run out of Hitman games to play. Absolution doesn't exist.
>>
>>340649449
6 does, though. And it's great. Sapienza is top tier.
>>
>>340649545
6 is shit.
>>
>>340641241
But you didn't post blood Money.
>>
>>340649702
It's really good.
>>
>>340641730

>FAVOURITE MISSION :
Sapienza. Extremely varied, lots of approaches, targets are well rounded and interesting.

>FAVOURITE WEAPON :
The rubber duck in H6 . I mean, its a fucking explosive rubber duck.

>FAVOURITE HITMAN GAME
Silent Assasin , even if I suck ass there sometimes.

>FAVOURITE KILL
Pushing the fat redneck to his grave in BM , on the wedding mission. I just found that hilarious
>>
>>340649702

6 is somewhat ehh in many areas, but its the first Hitman game imo that made the enviorment feel real and interactive. It felt akward the lack of NPC talk and how everything felt .... idk, robotic and too much strict.

Hitman 6 , in the terms of being a enviorment you visit and infiltrate, and looks/feels real, t nails that.
*AbsolutelyShit does not exist btw.
>>
File: hma.jpg (115 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hma.jpg
115 KB, 1920x1080
Why do you faggots hate this game so much?
>>
>>340650658
It may not be a good game but it sure isn't the worst one.
>>
>>340641730
>>FAVOURITE MISSION
That Russian embassy party in SA.
>>FAVOURITE WEAPON
MOTHER
FUCKING
WIRE
>>FAVOURITE HITMAN GAME
Silent assassin.
>>FAVOURITE KILL
Replacing prop gun with real one in BM's opera mission.

I would agree that objectively BM is the superior game, but parts of it seem a bit soulless to me, like the animations and the models, just a tad too robotic and uncanny valley. SA is my favorite as well, though probably because it was the first Hitman game I played and it completely blew my mind back then.
>>
File: are you fucking srs.png (62 KB, 230x232) Image search: [Google]
are you fucking srs.png
62 KB, 230x232
>>340650658

Ok nigger, you triggered me.

PROS
>Best movement and well needed cover key
>Aiming didnt suck cock
>Ran smooth as butter
>Decent OST (Get Kyd for fucks sake IO)
>Throwing objects and using the things you find was a welcome addition
>Drag/hide functions were great
>Looked ok, too many flares tho

CONS
>Mechanically broken. Disguises were a waste of time, trying to examine the level was near impossible without checking you were not close to someone that could detect you were not Jeff from the station
>CHECKPOINTS. LINEARITY
>Story is filled with characters that do not fit the style and values of the series
>Contracts was shit due to small, restricted levels
>Shooting / killing non-targets was almost encouraged due to the way enemies could easily detect you and the way the instinct worked
>Harder difficulties are cheap as fucking a balloon with a smiley face painted on
>Instinct looked awful and the "mana" meant you couldnt blend in for too long, meaning you had to either kill and change disguise a lot, or just SASO all the time
>The way the game used the story to make levels NOT based around target killing was almost an insult to the idea of man hit
>>
>>340650658
/v/ told me to before it even came out
and since i'm such a tool, i listened
>>
I often feel like I should give another try to Contracts. When I played it back on release it kind of overwhelmed me with colossal maps that I had no hope of trying to SA-rank, and at the same time I was annoyed with nonsesical attempt at story and the return of first game's levels gave me association with how clunky it was.
>>
YOU DZONT WONT DZE JACKET ZER?
>>
>>340652072
DESU, Blood Money was the first Hitman game with controls that werent so shit.
>>
>>340651665
Spot on basically. Who decided on turning it into a linear series of missions with a dog shit story? Who decided anyone cares about some psuedo-Bourne cookie cutter action plot? WHO IS THE MAN RESPONSIBLE FOR COSTUMES NOT DISGUISING YOU?
>>
>>340641730
>mission
A House of Cards

>weapon
silenced Silverballer

>game
Blood Money

>kill
The "Error Plane" kill in Sapienza
>>
>>340641241
Nah. I got to that shitty Japanese level with the snipers and the squeaky floorboards and dropped it.
>>
>>340654913
Get a load of this sniper has acquired the target.
>>
>>340641241
>greatest level design

Bullshit.

The game has a huge problem with wasted space and potential

You have no reason to go into the lawyer's office in Anathema, nor can you do anything interesting with the Don's son. Then you have shit like Invitation To A Party, where the streets around the embassy have nothing in them.

All the games from Contracts onwards have much better level design.
>>
>>340641241
DENUVO

There is the reason, why I don't give a fuck
>>
>>340650658
the thought a lot of people seem to have is that it was too linear for a Hitman game. I don't disagree, but I still enjoy the hell out of the game.
>>
File: 1435484547640.jpg (7 KB, 251x215) Image search: [Google]
1435484547640.jpg
7 KB, 251x215
>mfw waiting for the old games to be cheap as hell during the summer sale
>>
>>340641730

>FAVOURITE MISSION
The Meat King's Party

>FAVOURITE WEAPON
w2000 sniper

>FAVOURITE HITMAN GAME

>FAVOURITE KILL
toilet drowning
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.