[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any games where you can play as a detective solving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 90359025.jpg (42 KB, 785x466) Image search: [Google]
90359025.jpg
42 KB, 785x466
Are there any games where you can play as a detective solving interesting mysteries and crimes, but in a unique way? Like, you dig up some old photos, flip through them and notice there's a man at the scene who had a camera that day. Maybe he took some pictures that could turn up some leads so you track him down and find the pictures... but that's just one of several ways you could go about finding leads, none of them are necessary and it's up to you how you go about solving the crime. Will a game like this ever exist? I just want to play as a detective in a comfy countryside/forest surrounded setting
>>
bump for interest
it probably doesn't exist though.
>>
I was led to believe avian attorney would be that but its actually rather limiting

You go to different places to discover clues but you need them all and due to some only being available on some days your choices are limited
>>
Anachronox had a few good detective parts. Least I think they were good. It's been 16 years since I played.

Also, shame about that cliffhanger.
>>
>>340635631
Fuck man why you gotta go and remind me of that all the sudden
>>
>>340635631
>shame about that cliffhanger
Are you talking about that game or Twin Peaks? Because I think the Twin Peaks ending is perfect. I don't understand why everyone seems to want a fucking "resolution". The mysteries were always the best parts of the show and the ending should be no different, in my opinion.
>>
>>340634708
look up old detective games made by Sierra for example. they are usually quite interesting to play and they are challenging enough
>>
>>340635873
Of course he is talking about Anachronox. He didn't even mention Twin Peaks in his post, so why would he talk about that? Twin Peaks cliffhanger doesn't even matter now, because in about 7-8 months we will find out what happened to Cooper after the Black Lodge.
>>
>>340634708
Doesn't exist but Deadly Premonition and D4 Dark Dreams Don't Die might be in your ally.
>>
>>340636038
I thought he might be talking about TP because that sentence was kinda split off from the rest of the post.
Anyway,
>Twin Peaks cliffhanger doesn't even matter now, because in about 7-8 months we will find out what happened to Cooper after the Black Lodge.
I'm hoping that all the answers we get only generate more questions, which I'm sure would also upset a lot of people, but, as I said, I think the mysteries make TP what it is.
>>
>>340635873
The ending isn't perfect. It was literally made to be a bad ending that absolutely required resolution but ABC said "nah fuck off".
>>
>>340636216
Twin Peaks would not be Twin Peaks without all the fuck-ups and improvisation. We would not only lose the (amazing) finale, we also wouldn't have Lonely Souls (now widely considered one of the best episodes in the entire series), and, of course, we wouldn't even have fucking BOB.
I do think the ending is perfect.
>absolutely required resolution
I don't think it did, see above. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch already knew the show would get cancelled when filming that episode(I don't know).
I realize most people wanted it to "tie up loose ends". What it did was the exact opposite, and it was glorious.
>>
>>340636214
>I'm hoping that all the answers we get only generate more questions, which I'm sure would also upset a lot of people, but, as I said, I think the mysteries make TP what it is.
Yeah, I think this is pretty much the only way to continue Twin Peaks. I hope we will find out more about the Black & White Lodge, but without the mysteries surrounding the town, it wouldn't be Twin Peaks.
>>
>>340636737
Lynch wanted to make at least three films after Twin Peaks with one being prequel and the other two sequels, but after the first one bombed ( I thought it was an amazing film) plans for sequels were scrapped. Have you seen "The Missing Pieces" on Twin Peaks blu-ray set, there is a lot of interesting stuff there + a little bit more what happened after the show.
>>
Twin Peaks is fucking amazing and it makes me sad that there are still people that haven't seen it
>>
>>340637114
Don't worry so much. Thanks to Netflix and Hulu, it's more popular now than ever.
>>
File: qStFJfD.png (526 KB, 1280x717) Image search: [Google]
qStFJfD.png
526 KB, 1280x717
>>340636974
>Have you seen "The Missing Pieces"
Yeah. I also absolutely adore FWWM.
I really wish a couple of the scenes had made it into the film, particularly the dinner scene where Leland teaches them Norwegian, and the scene near the end with Laura hiding in the bushes before James arrives.
>>
Her Story.
>>
Dale Cooper and Audrey are my collective waifus and it upsets me that they didn't get together even though they were supposed to because the actress that played Donna didn't like it
>>
Dangitronpaul had a bit of mystery solving but it's incredibly linear and handholdy.

Persona 4 is literally Twin Peaks the game.
>>
>>340637416
Don't worry, there is still time.
>>
>>340634708
Anyone else think Deadly Premonition did it better than Twin Peaks? DP just had way more likable characters where as everyone besides Cooper were assholes.
>>
>>340634708
You have no idea what i would pay for a Twin peaks point & click adventure game.
>>
Witcher 3
>>
>>340634708
No see, the problem with detective games and detective stories is that someone has to come up with a good mystery to solve and somehow impllement it in a game. Videogame writers are not capable of that, sublety is dead
>>
File: David.gif (952 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
David.gif
952 KB, 500x281
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die.
>>
File: Putt-Putt_&_Pep[1].png (18 KB, 220x206) Image search: [Google]
Putt-Putt_&_Pep[1].png
18 KB, 220x206
Search your heart. You know it to be true.
>>
>>340638019
I love Deadly Premonition, but no, just no.
>>
All of the Sherlock Holmes games, I have no idea why they aren't more popular here, they are everything people ask in a detective game
>>
>>340638773
Don't buy this, it ends on a shitty gay ass cliff hanger that makes no sense and with a character that you suddenly know out of nowhere but you've never even heard of in the game. Also they'll never port the sequel.
>>
>>340640108
Are there any in particular you'd recommend?
>>
>>340640108
Sherlock is such a boring character and overused in media.
>>
>>340640281
Crimes and Punishments, best in the series and looks like Devil's Daughter is not going to surpass it
>>
>>340640503
Thanks m8, I'll check it out.
>>
>>340634708
Phoenix Wright
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.