[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cuphead Platforming Levels Revaled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Cuphead-Platforming-Gameplay.jpg (74 KB, 760x428) Image search: [Google]
Cuphead-Platforming-Gameplay.jpg
74 KB, 760x428
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy0bpSyeCuQ
>>
As much as I wanted there to be actual platforming levels, this one looks boring as hell.
>>
There's no way niggas havent heard of Metal Slug, they should've taken a page from it when it comes to level design, but i guess it was to be expected that levels will end up being an after thought since the game was conceived as a boss rush.
>>
As shallow as these platforming segments admittedly look, the lush and colorful backgrounds remind me a lot of Rayman 1 and thus fill me with intense nostalgia.
>>
>>340634071

>it's a boss rush game
>lol jk not actually ignore the fact we used that as our key selling point for 3 years
>>
I really hope these are few and far between because I'd rather just play the boss rush shit.
>>
File: 1464430312056.jpg (21 KB, 700x479) Image search: [Google]
1464430312056.jpg
21 KB, 700x479
>another indie game using its artstyle as a crutch
>>
CHROMATIC ABERRATIO
>>
>>340636782

how is the artstyle a crutch exactly?
>>
I like it a great deal, save for the sound effects. that would be a relatively easy fix, but i still think the creators should be aware of it.
>>
the filter and t he constant popping sounds are already annoying as fuck and I've only watched the trailer
>>
>>340636395
Who ever said it was a boss rush game, exactly? I'm trying to find a source for this, because ever since day 1 I've seen people claim that but found nothing.
>>
File: 1418070889998.gif (3 MB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1418070889998.gif
3 MB, 220x220
>>340634071
>Plays abit like megaman.
dat art design dough
>>
>>340634071
All style no substance it seems
>>
>>340636782
>G-guise do I fit in yet?
>>
>>340636782
>Trashman meme
Go away grandpa.
>>
>>340638065
It worked for Uncharted/TLOU.
>>
>>340637115
When your gameplay is as bland and basic as that video suggests it is, and the most interesting thing you have going on is your art direction, its reasonable to say its a crutch.
>>
What was wrong with the boss rush thing?
>>
This game seriously can't come aby sooner, fuck.
>>
JUST CHROMATICALLY ABERRATE MY SHIT UP, PHAM
>>
>>340634071
It's a platformer? Fuck me, I thought it was a metal slug like game.
>>
>>340638965
Nothing really, but too many people complained that they thought it would be a platformer.
>>
>>340635575
Maybe you haven't heard of Gunstar Heroes?
Because that's what these levels look like

But it's only the first level of the game anyhow
>>
>>340637296
>sound effects
they're placeholder and so is the music(the latter will be recorded 30s big band style)
>>
>>340634071
>it's just contra

sick
>>
>>340641795
if you cared maybe you should at least watch the vid before spamming memes from 3 post ago
>>
>>340641795
>It's a platformer
It's not,it just has these inbetween levels because modernfags complained about this not having side-scrolling levels

>I thought it was a Metal Slug like game
It is
Well it's more of a Gunstar Heroes/Alien Soldier game but it's a Run 'n Gun
>>
>>340640467
It's almost like there's a style they're trying to replicate or something
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.