[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game and it's expansion were pretty solid so what the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 27
File: Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png (176 KB, 300x424) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png
176 KB, 300x424
This game and it's expansion were pretty solid so what the fuck happened with its sequels?
Dragon age thread.
>>
EA happened to get their dick inside Bioware's tight little asshole and fuck them over
>>
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-buying-bioware-pandemic-for-860m/1100-6180818/
>>
Executive meddling and a rushed job. And Bioware is now completely afflicted with mainstream politics.
>>
EA happened. Before EA, Bioware was trying to bring WRPG's to it's root, following the steps of Bauldur's Gate, etc. After the purchase, we got this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kiosw0YYBlc
>>
Bought DA:I key for $13AU, downloading right now. Gonna start playing it once I finish Blood & Wine.

What am I in for? I'm not expecting anything great, just something decent will do.
>>
>>340631606
origins: no EA, 5 year development
2: EA, 1 year development
inquistion: everyone competent has already nopequitted
>>
>>340632953
it was bad before w3 release, its going to feel worse now
>>
If you didn't go sword-wielding mage then you weren't living.
>>
>>340632953
Single player MMORPG. And not as fun as it sounds.
>>
low gain dideverything wrong
>>
>>340632953
Tonnes actual MMO quests(go there, kill 5 of those, bring me their meat), empty and dead environments, forgettable NPCs and only very few of the story side quests have any repercussions on the story and none of the normal side quests have any meaning at all.
>>
>>340631606
EA, just EA. Keep in mind DA2 was supposed to be a standalone expansion originally.

>dat feel when leads on Origins left afterwards saying they "don't like where the series is going"
You can find it if you google.
>>
>>340632953
an improvement over DA2 but not quite as good as DA:O

a bit too many repetitive sidequests that would fit in an MMO
>>
>>340632953
You fucked up playing The Witcher 3 before this is all I can say. Prepare for disappointment.
>>
>>340633504
Wasn't it supposed to be about Morrigan's godbaby?
>>
>>340631606
big baldur's gate fanboy here... never played any of the dragon age games. should i? will it play on my love for baldur's gate or will i feel like i walked into the wrong change room?
>>
>>340632971
>inquistion: everyone competent has already nopequitted
it's funny because inquisition got like, an additional year of development and bioware made a big deal out of that. what did they do with it? add more copy-pasted zones?
>>
>>340633665
Origins is tolerable, ignore the rest.
>>
>>340633665
Origins was the only real attempt.
>>
File: the_witcher_3-600x320.jpg (50 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
the_witcher_3-600x320.jpg
50 KB, 600x320
>>340632953
>Gonna start playing it once I finish Blood & Wine.

After playing arguably the best Witcher 3 has to offer? Massive, massive disappointment. But don't let me or anyone else tell you, you'll see for yourself. At least it didn't set you back that much.
>>
EA. The typical bogeyman but in this case it is absolutely true.
>>
>>340632479
is this the actual music for the trailer? lol
>>
>>340633665
It's OK, but even Origins was clearly made for then modern audience. Don't expect the complexity or depth of D&D. It's still a game about energy bars and cooldowns
>>
File: 1465359196565.jpg (44 KB, 336x706) Image search: [Google]
1465359196565.jpg
44 KB, 336x706
>Did an edgelord playthrough of origins not too long ago
>If you kill oghren he still shows up in the dlc
>he congratulates you for doing so
>>
>>340632079
Does anyone have that W3 B&W goodbye message?
>>
>>340634000
>>he congratulates you for doing so
You mean Awakening? Wat?
>>
>>340634000
Oh god that was so fucking stupid.
>"Wait, didn't i kill yo ass?"
>"nah, i got better. I was only knocked out"

>>340634219
Yeah
>>
File: 1366000399712.jpg (61 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
1366000399712.jpg
61 KB, 1024x819
>>
>>340633739
>>340633804
>>340633972
thanks for the heads up. though talk of energy bars and cooldowns is already making me cringe.. i think i also cant get over how much better 2d sprites look compared to those 3d models, but maybe thats nostalgia talking
>>
I liked the base game but never finished the EXP even tough I owned it, (I got burnt out on RPGS by that time)

Did I miss something important?
>>
>>340634000
>Kill Oghren
>Still alive in Awakening
>Kill Leliana
>Still alive for the rest of the series
>>
>>340634534
Yes, the actual ending and setup for the following games.
>>
File: Dragon Age Origins Screenshot 3.jpg (614 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Age Origins Screenshot 3.jpg
614 KB, 1680x1050
>>340634458
not really, origins did not look good at launch because it took them so long to develop. god help those played the game on consoles. game has its moments but they keep zooming in with their cutscenes thinking it looks way better than it does.
>>
>>340631606
EA + SJW

Man, what a combo
>>
>>340634657
This is reason why i haven't played W3 yet. For two games i tried to kill Triss. At the end of the Witcher 2, i just went.."You know, fuck this shit. I'm done." The whole game revolved around the character i least cared about.
>>
>>340634749
Trust me, the worst about the console versions isn't the graphics.

And yeah, the graphics weren't the absolute best, but the game was developed over 6 years, so it was to be expected. The animations during talks are a bit stiff though. Oh, and when leliana sings, what the fuck was up with that.
>>
Companion power rankings

Origins
Top tier
Dog if named Barkspawn
Shale
Loghain

Good tier
Other dogs
Oghren
Zevran
Sten

Mediocre tier
Allistair
Lelianna
Morrigan

Boring tier
Wynne

Awakening
Top tier
Nathaniel Hower
Seneschal Varel

Good tier
Justice

Mediocre tier
Velanna

Shit tier
Sigrun

Meme tier
Oghren
Anders
>>
>origins
It was my first bioware game. I thought that it was shit.
If you play as a warrior is fucking boring.
If you play as a mage you either autonuke people or die in a second
I don't like the whole real time fighting because in the end you have to pause every second to even understand what the fuck is going on. To me it felt like they lacked the balls to make a full on turn based combat with positioning and movements like old WRPG but they don't want to offend the modern videogame audience with said mechanics.
The story is pretty much fantasy world number 843. The only thing that I can remember about it is the blood magic, the fade and elves being the gypsies of the setting. Then again it seems like all Bioware games are like this, so maybe people like them. To me they feel generic.
>>
>>340634978
>sparing Loghain
Dropped
>>
>>340632953
combat is mindless fun

very different from dao, but people who say its shit just hate fun
its kinda like cod vs cs

play on nightmare, the beginning ( first 8 or so levels ) will be a slog, then it picks up, archer with tempest spec is great, make sure to have 2 mages in your party and 1 tank ( cassandra is great )

great visual effects and combos to perform, the problem is the difficulty is badly balanced and the game becomes very easy once your characters specializes, I just kept playing to see how big numbers could get

imho the game overall looks good ( some things are awful tho like plastic hair ) and runs well on PC which is always worth mentioning
>>
>>340635157
>implying Loghain was wrong
>>
File: 1365359447530.png (1 MB, 601x1002) Image search: [Google]
1365359447530.png
1 MB, 601x1002
>>340635157
>Not recruiting Loghain and sacrificing him to the Archdemon so he can be redeemed as a hero
>>
>>340634534
All of them or just Awakening?

Dwarf one is worthless, Darkspawn one is worthless but is okay for what it is which is just the last mission but you're the Darkspawn killing everyone, Morrigan one ties into her relevance in DA:I and finishes the Warden's story if she's your waifu, Leliana one is worthless unless she's your waifu and want to play as her. They all have some unique gear if that's what you're after but except for perhaps the Morrigan one there's no need to play them.

Awakening is alright, it was supposed to set some important plot points for future games except the following games did fucking nothing to work on that. The only things they really took from Awakening were fucking Anders and Justice and in the worst way possible.
>>
>>340635198
I found the combat to be mostly awkward.
THey tried to turn it into an action game while maintaining some semblance of the more classical CRPG gameplay...
>>
>>340635269
>implying he deserves that
>>
>>340635269
>there are people that married the barren-womb
>>
I never understood why twohand weapons were so shit
>>
>>340635269
Slicing his throat in front of his followers and daughter is good enough redemption
>>
File: 1350793716590.jpg (12 KB, 521x428) Image search: [Google]
1350793716590.jpg
12 KB, 521x428
>>340635269
>Not recruiting Loghain, making him fuck Morrigan while he thinks about his dead wife and forcing him to live as a Grey Warden in Orlais for the rest of his life
>>
>>340635639
>fuck Morrigan and live
>die killing demon dragon
This should not have been a hard choice.
I picked death
>>
>The game's composer, Inon Zur, may have an answer for you. "Unlike other titles from Bioware, this [score] was kind of a rush job", he tells IGN. "EA really wanted to capitalize on the success of Origins, so the game was really being pushed hard to be released now."

When it comes to DA:I, EA even gave them an extra year but who the hell knows what they did with it because even something like a storage chest at Skyhold didn't come until a post-release patch.
>>
>>340633675
inquisition was clearly other game that got turned into dragon age nothing is dragon agey , if it didnt have the characters from the other games you wouldn't be able to tell
>>
File: 1363398833797.gif (988 KB, 200x167) Image search: [Google]
1363398833797.gif
988 KB, 200x167
>>340635326
>Doing a playthrough of just Awakening to finally play it before I leave technology and civilization for the summer, using Orlesian
>Decide it might be neat to finally play Amgarrak too
>Mfw a few fights in I realize it's going to be bullshitly designed encounters in the same generic tunnels

All of the best DLC happens in the main campaign
Shale
Soldiers Peak
Return to Ostagar
>>
>>340635326
All the DLCs were extra stories and "what ifs" that had no impact on the overall plot. That is a good thing. Remeber what they did with ME3?

The Golems DLC was basically for people who liked the gameplay and wanted something a bit more challenging.
Leliana was for "muh waifu" or if you werre seriously interested in what happened for her to be so angry at that other french bitch.
Morrigan's was... i don't know, it didn't really have much going for it.
>>
>>340635708
Might have something to with having to work with an engine that wasn't designed for this kind of game.
>>
File: Cg_ico_origin_gw.png (11 KB, 58x58) Image search: [Google]
Cg_ico_origin_gw.png
11 KB, 58x58
>>340635723
I always playing through Awakening as Orlesian warden.

>you fucked up everything so badly the Wardens have to someone from outside to fix it
>>
>>340635864
True, that probably didn't help.
>>
>>340635785
Morrigan's mirror adventure with dog and dorks I like because it made me realize I could dual-wield longswords.
Before that I almost always played mage and strayed into rogue.
>>
File: ScreenshotWin32_0006_Final.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenshotWin32_0006_Final.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>340635421
yeah I agree
and I dont mean to be rude but it took me a while to get into it on nightmare difficulty, especially because of the attack on heaven right before everyone leaves and you find skyhold
that shit comes from nowhere, you dont really have time to prepare and if your gear is shit and you're like 1-2 levels below level 11 enemies there you struggle a lot

then I started to play better, restarted and understood the combat mechanics better

some spells / skills truly are amazing and better than others, and you quickly reach a point where a static field - detonating shot - warrior taunt combo simply destroys everything in front of you.

I'm not saying its very indepth but I found it very fun to toy around skills synergies with the different party members ( archer - mage - mage - warrior being the most balanced for me ), enough to keep playing until the end and considering buying the DLCs, the trials one looks good for a second playthrough.
I clocked like 150 hours so far.

For someone who is only starting to play now, I strongly advise to level up with quests and against monsters of your own level until you reach skyhold ( level 10 is good ), do everything you can in the hinterlands and the storm coast.
>>
>>340635723
>>340635985
>Can't import a save where you Warden died fighting the Archdemon and the Orlesian Warden carries on the duties of Warden Commander
Shame being the Queen or Prince-consort doesn't carry any weight in Awakening
>>
>>340635704
That's why you have the option to make either Alistair or Loghain fuck her.

>>340635723
I always forget those three are actually DLC, especially Shale because the Shale DLC came with the game for me.
>>
>>340634978
Swap Shale and Sten and we're good.
>>
>>340636142
I actually should install the game again...
I got that shit when it launched and only clocked 20 to 40 hours in it but had to reinstall OS or some shit and then never remembered to go back to it.
>>
Anyone else get the Leiana/Morrigan sandwich?
>>
>>340636440
wait what
>>
>>340631606
majority of the game was done before ea aquired bioware
>>
>>340636381
yeah thats exactly what I'm trying to explain, I'm not a huge DA fan and inquisition might not be the best but for people who look for comfy adventures, graphix and fun combat it would be a shame to miss it.
And I see so many people saying the game is trash, I'm just here to say its not that bad.

I still recommend nightmare difficulty because the game can still be so easy when you 'abuse' some skills later on there is no point playing on hard or normal.
the tials DLC adds an epilogue and an option to scale every enemy in the game at your level, anytime, in the base game you will often be higher level than your enemies in the second half of the game making it even easier than it already is, along other options like reducing the effectiveness of mage's barriers.
>>
>>340636527
>EA aquires bioware
>makes them release Origins on consoles
>game plays like ass on consoles
>makes them rush DA2 out the door and make it more controller friendly
>trash

God damn it EA.
>>
>>340636482
>get into a relationship with Leliana and Morrigan
>when confronted about it, dump Morrigan
>gift Morrigan the mirror from Orzammar and tell her she's pretty
Bam, now you got two gfs and they're okay with it.
>>
>>340636769
but I wanted Shale
>>
>>340636728
now theres bioware where all the talent left, bethesda that made f4 and finally.. cdpr
the bestest timeline
>>
>>340636848
If we never get to see Shale in dwarf form I will be livid.
>>
>>340636769
Oh i thought you meant a threesome.
You cna have one with Leliana and Isabella. And if you're a lady warden and Oghren is in the party he'll pass out when you suggest it. Pretty funny.
>>
>>340636848
>implying a dwarf, of flesh or stone, would stoop as low as to mingle carnally with one of a lesser race
>>
File: 1444728218782.jpg (42 KB, 588x588) Image search: [Google]
1444728218782.jpg
42 KB, 588x588
>>340635704
My man
>mfw alistair sacrifice himself and stole my fucking glory
>>
>>340636929
You can actually have a foursome if Zevran is in the party as well, and you can have a threesome with Alistair.
>>
File: 1378013676052.jpg (550 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1378013676052.jpg
550 KB, 1200x800
The only really positive things I can say about DA:I are.

They have a lot of lore entries in the game and it was fun collecting them to read them
The Skyhold mechanic was neat, should have been way more indepth but the idea of it is cool
The DLC was actually really good especially the one where you were in the Deep Roads had some crazy almost Secret World esq feels

The game is unplayable for me as anything other then Mage, the animations are horrid, the characters are a huge mixed bag.

The worst thing about Dragon Age is it abandoned the Blight/Grey Warden/Old Gods story, I wonder if it was because DA2 was never supposed to happen. I mean it kind of feels like that. Theres a build of somewhat at the end of Origins and Awakening. That another blight is coming and the Old Gods are waking. Yet thats thrown out the window to focus on a hobo for like 15 years of his life, a rags to bitches story in Kirkwall. Then DA:I seems to be a whole bunch of plotpoints kind of shoved together.
>>
>>340635269
>not killing Loghain and forcing virgin Alistair and Morrigan to fuck
>>
>>340636664
Well i got 600 hours on Origins+Awakening and even powered throught the slap to the face that was 2 a few times, so i guess i'm a fan? So despite being able to see who the game apeals to, it's one of those situations where it changes the gameplay from the original too much to really appeal to old fans. I find that to be a dick move on the companies part no matter what game it is.
>>
>>340637006
Is that the newest excuse for no dwarf romances?
>>
>>340631606
hamburger helper. and EA.
>>
>>340637186

I should pirate the DLC since I did hear good things about them. I actually liked the main game too even if it did get kinda repetitive. Exploring the zones was fun. Didn't care about the story or characters though.
>>
>>340637431
>newest
>>
>>340631606
They were too complicated for consoles.

I´m not saying that they were too complicated for the people who bought them on consoles, just that they were too complicated for the general player base to sell to as many people on consoles that EA would have liked.
>>
>>340637431
They kind of tried to introduce dwarf romance in DA:I. If you choose all the flirt options with Harding and don't go for any of the other romances your character will say they're in a relationship with Harding during Trespasser.
>>
>>340637551
Trespasser is the most important one as it is actually the ending for the game so if you are going to play them all, make sure to play Trespasser last.
>>
>>340637932
Not to mention it locks you out of everything else once you start.
>>
one of the things I hate most about the series is some of the writers clearly have their Mary Sue pet characters that can do no wrong. It's frustrating killing them off only for the writers to go nuh unh the next game with no justification. Why give me a choice if you're going to instantly nullify it?

Or you have shit like Isabella in 2 where she single-handily caused the main conflict of a entire city and got hundreds of people hurt for a selfish ass reason and there's literally nothing you can do to to make her accountable. That one really irks me because she's constantly getting away from awful shit that the writers just expect you to laugh off
>>
>>340637186
> the animations are horrid
If, by any chance, this encompasses that the mages seem more like background pole-dancers than like powerful mages, you can get a subtle fist-bump from me.
>>
File: descent-6.png (843 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
descent-6.png
843 KB, 1600x900
>>340637551
If you like exploring zones the Jaws of Harkon dlc is going to be your favorite, its an amazing area. Its a jungle/rainforest in the south that sits in the caldera of a super volcano. Like miles and miles across caldera. It even has a giant lake. Its very cool how its in the mountains where the Avarr are from so you expect it to be cold snowy mountains where the norseman like Avarr live but its a thick jungle with crazy giant mushrooms and gigantic trees where you can build camps

The other DLC about the Dorfs and the Titan is more of a dungeon crawler call back, with progressively harder sections and healing/rest camps. But the environments of later areas in the dlc get really fantastical. Like Hallow Earth levels of crazy. This is a picture of one of the levels.
>>
>>340637932

Understood. I really hope I have my save file somewhere. Does Origin keep your saves or was it local only? I REALLY don't want to go through that entire game again.
>>
>>340637659
hhhnggg fuck me I 'chose' the rat by default because everyone else was worse

but I did flirt with harding every single time
goddamn
>>
>>340638138
Origin keeps it i think
>>
>>340637431
>[superflously lackadaisical verbiage]Dwarves are icky. [/superflously lackadaisical verbiage]

Am I good enough to be a writer for Bioware yet?
>>
File: Captain_Spaulding_a_l_0.jpg (161 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
Captain_Spaulding_a_l_0.jpg
161 KB, 1296x730
>mfw you can see morrigans goods through her underwear and it's like the perfect amount of lips and innie

And I really loved DA:O but it's something you replay once every 3 years if at all..fades and crossroads meme aside you do run out of dialogue options and "Fresh" shit to do after a while.

Reaver/blood magic master race also.
>>
File: fallow-mire_wm_04.jpg (2 MB, 1916x1075) Image search: [Google]
fallow-mire_wm_04.jpg
2 MB, 1916x1075
>>340638121
Environments were always good in Inquisition because Frostbyte enables it, though. That's like one area that graphics team gave a fuck about and it shows, even if level DESIGNS aren't that hot.
>>
twisting your thumb can stop yourself from feeling the need to take a shit
>>
>>340631606
The sequels had more DLC's providing a more diverse and fun experience.
>>
>>340638342
Problem is Bioware didn't think it through.

>we don't want to keep using the Blight as main story
>we still want to keep using the same locations

You can't do that without advancing the story in some major way. Which they then do except it's very hamfisted in that ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS kind of way. Why? Why when you have a setting that's on the brink of war as its entire religious structure is challenged and mages are fighting for their freedom? Did you really Corypheus in the midst of it all? Trespasser DLC really only showed Bioware knows how to write one type of story.
>>
File: DAO.png (206 KB, 300x424) Image search: [Google]
DAO.png
206 KB, 300x424
I got Origins for free on Origin, should I get Awakening on _Steam?
>>
>>340638432
that area was disappointing tho
very linear, straight forward until you reach the castle

overall I love how the game looks, and I was disappointed when an area didnt have astrariums to find
>>
File: eavscdpr.jpg (1 MB, 2161x2071) Image search: [Google]
eavscdpr.jpg
1 MB, 2161x2071
>>340632079
>>340634152

threw this together for you anon.
>>
>>340638952
If you're getting it on steam, get the complete edition. It's ussualy cheaper than Awakening on it's own and has all other DLCs too. Plus i don't think Awakening would work with Origins on Origin anyway.
>>
>>340639025
>thank you for spending money on our game
hnnnnnnnngggggggg

A shame that that gratitude is considered exceptional in the gaming industry, though.
>>
File: 16323020565_5a4ee8701c_b.jpg (249 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
16323020565_5a4ee8701c_b.jpg
249 KB, 1024x683
>>340638121
That part plus the codex entry that accompanied it (the sky hidden underground) was great.

>>340631606
I know DA2 is almost universally hated, but that wasn't really Bioware's fault. EA forced them to make a full game (which was supposed to be just a DLC for Origins at first) in one year only.
The fact that they manage to churn out some good things, follow the lore they established since before Origins, and add good music is already a miracle.

I admit I loved Inquisition. Even though the gameplay and quests aren't always the best, the lore and characters were great and I enjoyed exploring around and immersing myself in the game setting. Maybe it's because I am a lore fag.

People who say there were too many loose points or Corypheus was a boring bad guy miss a point imo: Corypheus isn't the true villain, but just a minor threat Solas, but more probably Mythal and the other Evanuris are the real bad guys and all those loose threads actually make sense if you know and read enough about the lore and connect the dots. That was also a big part of the fun for me.

The events of Inquisition were even planned since Origins, there are many details hinting at the future in the first game.

>>340637551
Trespasser is a must. It's very well done (some parts are even better than the main game), its OST is god tier and it bodes well for the future of the series, because it was written by Weekes and not that hack of Gaider. You will immediately notice the difference in mood, gameplay, pacing, and characterization.
>>
File: Dorian_tarot.png (273 KB, 292x489) Image search: [Google]
Dorian_tarot.png
273 KB, 292x489
>DA:I annaunced
>characters are shown
>fucking cant stand Sera, the Bull, Vivian, and Dorian they look like 100% shit
>finally get the game last year on sale
>Dorian becomes my favorite character and is the coolest and friendliest of the group, hands down the best bro for your adventures
>speaking to him during the last DLC he tears up telling you, you are his best friend and he can't stand not doing cool inquisition shit with you anymore but knows he is needed in Tevinter more.
>gives you a sick ass crystal so you can text him about smashing Cassandras pussy all night

Dorian was great, I figured he was going to be "le epic gay character!" and he was actually fantastic. Sera and Vivian remain shit, with Bull being mediocre until the last DLC fleshed him out.
>>
is DA:I better or worse then the Witcher 3?
>>
>>340638952
>>340639186
Origin-version is better in that you can patch the game to be able to use more than 2 gb of RAM. And trust me, you want that.

Someone was sharing a prepatched version on steam community but it didn't work for me.
>>
So is DAI worth $15 on ps4? I've been think about going for it because my pc is down and I already have a save from the first two games.
>>
File: 1370976155228.jpg (236 KB, 974x2200) Image search: [Google]
1370976155228.jpg
236 KB, 974x2200
>>340639025
>>340632079
>>
>>340639313
>follow the lore they established since before Origins

Except for that part about the Qunari, but sure
>>
File: memes-big-lebowski.jpg (96 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
memes-big-lebowski.jpg
96 KB, 1600x900
>>340634978
>Loghain
>>
>>340639894
you forgot the part where he gets the og head from the devs themselves
>>
>>340639483
>Bull being mediocre until the last DLC fleshed him out.

Ho boy was that fun to watch.
>>
Same thing happened as with Mass Effect.

1st one appealed to RPG fans.
2nd made a 180 turn and went for a generic shitty action game
3rd I dont even know.

Point is, ME2 is garbage just like DA2
>>
File: ME1&ME3.jpg (1 MB, 1000x3719) Image search: [Google]
ME1&ME3.jpg
1 MB, 1000x3719
>>
>>340639894
Didn't the Devs send him a replacement bust and sorry card?
>>
Anyone consider doing a weird and crazy cross-class setup for DAO?

E.g., sword+dagger for everyone, including the mages as Arcane Warriors.
>>
>>340639483
Man i feel you. I thought Dorian was going to be pure Reddit but he was Iron Bull levels of bro tier.
>>
File: 1449369678649.jpg (84 KB, 388x379) Image search: [Google]
1449369678649.jpg
84 KB, 388x379
>>340640325
Nigger Me2 is nothing like the failed abortion that is Da2.
>>
>>340640862
>completely ruins all roleplaying aspects
>ruins the combat
>removes functional elements instead of trying to improve them
>level design is literal tunnels with no breathing space
>is the worst one in the series
I could go on.
>>
Holy shit i went to get DA.I to install it again and fucker has 4 dvds.
Christ.
>>
>>340641028
Did you play DA2?
>>
>>340641263
>DAO is about using skills
>DA2 is about heaping up static bonuses
Hurr.
>>
>>340641263
Yeah and it was fucking horrible
Just
ME2
>>
>>340641383
Anon the most efficient build in DAO was arcane warrior which sacrifices all of your abilities for static bonuses
>>
>>340631606
>what the fuck happened with its sequels?

DA2 was rushed. It has a good and solid gameplay but the world and story was fucked up.

DAI was an MMO, they EAWare decided it would be TORtanic but even worse so they changed it to be a single player game but with the MMO traits.
>>
I like dragon age, but don't have a good pc to play DA:I... So Mass effect is good?
>>
>>340641519
Willingly taking the static bonus class is not the same as being forcedd into it.
>>
>>340641456
mass effect 2 was the start of a series of steps in the wrong direction, at least it wasn't the same copy pasted area over and over again.
>>
>>340631606
normal EA franchiser raping tradition
>>
>>340641586
the first game set up something with great potential. It will have parts that will seem annoying or tedious but its worth it. 2 will be hit or miss for you, and only play 3 if you're absolutely invested in the ride or like being fucked in the ass
>>
>>340641586
It's fine as long as you never play 3.
>>
>>340641586
Mass Effect 1 and Dragon Age Origins are both great games. Ignore the sequels, the story just turns into rubbish and the gameplay gets an even worse treatment
>>
>>340641519
people praise DAO combat because of the stupid combos like storm of the century

the tactic camera was clunky as fuck and the balance worse than DAI, thats a fact
>>
>>340641586
>>340641772
I played all three games (2>1>3 in that order) and 3 wasnt -that- bad. Its basically the fallout 4 of the mass effect series. Completely watered down but theres some good quests and the gameplays improved.

Oh and the story is fucktarded but you already knew that
>>
>>340641805
You know, I thought 3 was ok. 1 was great, 3 was good/ok, 2 was absolute shit that didn't progress the series at all. Like what the fuck was the point. The entire story was like a side story. The whole plot could have been DLC. All it did was serve to introduce new characters and thats really it. It felt so empty and the conclusion felt worthless. it felt like nothing was achieved.

The combat was atrocious, the level design was horrible.
>>
>Not liking Dragon Age: Origins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlelCpA8xDk
name at least one modern game in which you can kill children and beat his mother
>>
>>340631606
>tfw I've bought DA:I on not one, not two, but THREE different platforms
>tfw I paid $20 yesterday to buy some platinum bars that I spent on chests in order to unlock new multiplayer characters

I love this game. Yes, the SJW pandering is unnecessary. No, you don't need to become a non-binary five pronoun genderqueen ingame in order to complete it. I avoid Iron Bull and his posse, and I have no problem using Sera, since I never romance her. I understand the hate this game receives, what with the constant need to gather items, and the mediocre writing. Still, I'm a casual and I always have a great time whenever I play this game.

I play the multiplayer whenever I'm hungover, since its PvE and I suck dick at PvP. There's only ever like 5-6 other players at any given time, but thankfully they stick around for more than a few runs.

This is not bait
>>
>>340641949
it still pisses me off that they canned the dark matter plot, as well as taking away any significance of being a spectre outside of one sidequest.
>>
>>340633081
Going the route into arcane warrior is the most broken shit ever. Mages are so incredibly strong as a class in early levels and by the time the other classes catch up and overpass them (notably endgame fighter and rogue classes) you've got arcane warrior with which you can solo-party with no reinforcements and beat Archdemon (i did).
>>
>>340633081
I went sword wielding mage without playing Arcane Warrior.

Did I do good?
>>
>>340642020
As a conclusion to Shepard's story ME3 was dogshit, if it wasn't the final game of the trilogy it wouldn't have been nearly as badly recieved as it was. The most redeeming quality of it was the multi-player which funnily enough everyone thought would be the worst part of it because that focuses purely on the gameplay.
>>
>>340638539
you shut your lying whore mouth
>>
>>340642267
Im still mad shapechange was so shit in addition to being fucking broken

>damage scales based off your stats!
>it fucking doesnt
>never fixed without mods
>>
File: 1365685982363.jpg (20 KB, 215x216) Image search: [Google]
1365685982363.jpg
20 KB, 215x216
>>340642809
>Wanted to try Bear tank Morrigan
>Never really fucked with shapehift before
>2 moves
>3 once maxed
>None of them are taunt
>>
>>340642413
Hmm I guess I can see that being okay but considering some of the ridiculous bonuses from certain staffs and that Origins was way more skill oriented than weapon oriented, I don't see the point.

>>340642809
I tried going shapechanger for Morrigan and it caused me to repeatedly get wiped. So yeah fuck that.
>>
>>340631606
EA happened. DAO was in development for like 5 years before EA bought their souls.
>>
>>340639483
>Cassandra instead of Josephine
are you gay?
>>
>>340634458
origins is a great game unless you're very nitpicky.
>>
>>340638342
For some reason the game feels so clunky and irritating that I couldnt play it for longer than 5hours. I really tried, but everything in it just pissed me off.
Shame that I bought some jew edition with all the DLC too. Wasnt worth it.
The first game was alright for its time though.
>>
I thought the Warden's Calling and Sacred Ashes trailers were the coolest shit ever.

Shame the game didn't live up to them.

The trailer warden also looked better than anything we could make. Thank god for mods.
>>
File: UNHHHH THICKER.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
UNHHHH THICKER.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>>
which is better, DA:I or Dragon's Dogma?
>>
>>340647101
>whats better, legend of dragoon or monster hunter
>>
>>340647260
they are both open world RPGs are they not? also i am not familiar with the games you listed.
>>
>>340647101
They're very, very different
DA:I if you prefer deeper stories and character interaction
DD if you prefer gameplay and customization
>>
>>340647319
Dragon age isnt really open world. Theres a world map with playable areas that you travel to whereas dragons dogma is a true open world.

Dragon age is an old school RPG whereas dogma is a hack and slash almost spectacle fighter
>>
Top Tier
Dorian, Cassandra,

Bro tier
Bull, Solas

Okay tier
Cole, Vivienne, Varric

Pointless tier
Blackwall

Dick sucking lips tier
Sera
>>
>>340648642
>Top Tier
>The "they hate me cause I'm a faggot" character
>The Man-woman
>Not Varric alone

You are playing it wrong.
>>
>>340648642
Even the toppest DAI tier is still below the worst DAO tier.

But at least it's not nearly as bad as DA2.
>>
>>340650275
No you're playing it wrong Mr Le Reddit dwarf fanboy. Go back to watching GoT fuckass.
>>
>>340650406
DA2 has some of the best companions of all DA, though.
>>
>>340631606

Well Dragon Age had a long fucking development time. Like 6-8 years or something, not to mention it was pretty fucking cared for by the people who were making it and it was well before EA sunk their teeth into Bioware.

When DA:2 was coming around it was originally thought to just be some small expansion titled Dragon Age: Exodus, which would lead into the REAL Dragon Age:2, however EA wanted it, and wanted it fast. So with a few talneted hands lost and a lot of money gained from EA they worked on with with a deadline that was about a year and a half. With this in mind they needed to draw in the lowest common denominater thus nerfed roleplaying, worst dialogue system to ever hit an rpg, and terrible terrible writing. The Gameplay in DA:2 was decent, but wasn't anything worth writing home about. It basically threw away everything that people liked about DA:O/A. While Bioware isn't alone at fault here, they knew what they were getting into by selling their ass to EA, basically sold the dignity and soul their game had to quick easy money and used lgbt as a shield and a market to really pander to which is also why the games were dumbed down into inferno. Really hoping Mass Effect Andromeda bites the big one so Bioware can be kicked into the trench with Maxis and the rest of them.
>>
>>340650774
That's like saying the sprinkles on a donut made of actual feces are pretty nice.
>>
>>340639025
To this day, it makes me sad to imagine what Mass Effect 2 and 3 might've been if they'd stayed with Microsoft Studios instead of going to EA. Dragon Age 2 as well, for that matter. MS are fucking cunts as well (look at what they did to Halo), but Bioware's entries post-EA are just fucking abysmal.

I wanted ME2 to be good so badly.
>>
I made Alistair impregnate Morgan and felt strangely aroused about it.
>>
>>340650774
DA2 companions had the best potential but were ruined by bad writing and being forced to be sluts for the PC.
>>
>>340639025
holy shit what fuckin scum
>>
>>340634978

>Morrigan
>mediocre

nigger do you even tag team mages

storm of the century all day every day
>>
>>340633341
no HE DIDNT
>>
The game wasn't really that great, it was extremely overrated at the time. The expansion wasn't good.
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.